Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 7th July 2020, 17:52     #441
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Labour gonna Labour
Turns out this time it wasn't Labour being Labour, it was National being National.

National admits data leak

Quote:
Under-fire National MP Hamish Walker has admitted to passing on the private details of Covid-19 patients to media, which were leaked to him by former party president Michelle Boag.
Of course, this is completely out of character for National. They're not a bunch of cynical cunts at all. AMIRITE guys? All critiques on National are Key delusion syndrome or whatever it was called.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 7th July 2020 at 17:54.
Old 7th July 2020, 18:02     #442
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Nope, cunty all right. Anyone in the National Party who came near this should be sacked immediately.

I still ask though - how did the private information get in their cunty hands in the first place?
Old 7th July 2020, 18:03     #443
Lightspeed

Quote:
Former National Party president Michelle Boag said in a statement on Tuesday that she had passed the information to Walker, which she had received in her role as the acting chief executive of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust.
Old 7th July 2020, 18:16     #444
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

And why was this information sent to the personal email address of the acting chief executive of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust, and who did so?
Old 7th July 2020, 18:29     #445
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

truth

Quote:
@LewSOS
Safe electorates in the south are a fucking pox on democracy and if Todd Barclay, Clare Curran and David Clark aren't proof enough of that, I give you Hamish Walker

https://twitter.com/LewSOS/status/1280373606552268804
Old 7th July 2020, 18:42     #446
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
And why was this information sent to the personal email address of the acting chief executive of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust, and who did so?
That's something I would look to appropriate authorities to consider. I don't know anything about who needs notification of what, when and how within our healthcare system.
Old 7th July 2020, 18:47     #447
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Neither do I, but it doesn't seem to me like the AHRT is part of that system.
Old 7th July 2020, 18:57     #448
Lightspeed

If it is problematic, the acting chief executive certainly isn't saying so! But then again, there's a question hanging over their ability to be responsible, so I suppose we're still in the dark.
Old 7th July 2020, 21:29     #449
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Muller must be SPEWING. This is an election-losing cockup, and once more it's that fucking waste of space Boag and once more it's another muppet from Clutha-Southland. National needs to clean house.
Old 7th July 2020, 21:53     #450
fixed_truth

From a few days ago
Quote:
Todd Muller said the breach was "quite staggering, it talks to a government that's slipping off the side of a cliff, in terms of managing this issue, the border, the informaton pertaining to it".

"If they can't manage personal information, bluntly, they can't manage the border and they can't manage the country."

"Is it a deliberate leak or is it accidental? It doesn't really matter at a level ... it's loose, it's shabby and it's a reminder these guys can't manage important things well," he said.

"These guys need to step aside and let a competent government take over."
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...-investigation
Old 7th July 2020, 22:05     #451
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

(Curb Your Enthusiasm theme music plays)
Old 7th July 2020, 23:21     #452
blynk

So looking in hindsight, that comment by Muller makes it look like he knew it was from walker.
Already trying to deflect it back to the Labour Party.
Old 8th July 2020, 00:28     #453
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I think you give him too much credit. I think Muller thought he had evidence of Labour data incompetence and he was rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of smashing them with it.
Old 8th July 2020, 00:39     #454
Lightspeed

If we were to give Labour too much credit, we might wonder if it wasn't bait in the first place. Maybe there is some concern with AHRT being sent the info, but Labour had some tepid excuse in their pocket in the unlikely scenario Boag did the right thing, counting on her to try something more underhanded, confident in their audit trail.

But maybe I'm watching too much Naruto.
Old 11th July 2020, 16:59     #455
Lightspeed

What I want to know is how did Boag find herself in that position of responsibility? Was there remuneration involved? What other decisions has she been responsible for in that role that may be as questionable as her recent decisions?

But that's not the kind of thing we look at closely. There's a long standing narrative in New Zealand about how National is the party you turn to for competency, notwithstanding a stark lack of evidence to support this.
Old 13th July 2020, 16:46     #456
Lightspeed

Serious Fraud Office to investigate 2017 Labour Party donations

National would have never let the SFO get so carried away.
Old 13th July 2020, 16:53     #457
Lightspeed

Oops, wrong thread.
Old 13th July 2020, 18:58     #458
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
What I want to know is how did Boag find herself in that position of responsibility? Was there remuneration involved? What other decisions has she been responsible for in that role that may be as questionable as her recent decisions?

But that's not the kind of thing we look at closely. There's a long standing narrative in New Zealand about how National is the party you turn to for competency, notwithstanding a stark lack of evidence to support this.
It's not a National Party thing. For an ostensibly egalitarian society, NZ has a peculiar "management elite" stratum, the members of which just shuffle places on corporate boards and charity management teams and arts-and-culture committees and local government councils. Boag is a perfect example.
Old 13th July 2020, 19:31     #459
Lightspeed

I'd believe it. I may have shared this before, but once in a discussion with an executive recruiter I asked what kind of qualifications they look for in an executive. They explained qualifications weren't important, they looked to see if they had been an executive before. Which stumped me at the time.
Old 24th July 2020, 23:57     #460
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Labour is so hip and progressive I totally trust them to restrict what people can and can't say

https://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/1...at-a-good-idea
Old 25th July 2020, 00:14     #461
Lightspeed

That level of content filtering is an attempt to solve a problem without addressing the cause, because doing that would fuck up a whole bunch of things and upset a whole lot of people not used to being upset. You know, like our lives being dominated by business and political interests.

I wonder what the Greens make of it.
Old 13th October 2020, 08:38     #462
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Your reminder that Labour is always going to Labour.

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...-public-safety

Quick, while jacinda is reallly popular let’s ban crypto, no one will notice
Old 13th October 2020, 09:57     #463
StN
I have detailed files

Really - WePROTECT Global Alliance is hosted on Squarespace?

Was Geocities busy?

(Can't wait until next week when every CNN video won't start with Jacinda - it was nice enough at the start, but every time?)

Last edited by StN : 13th October 2020 at 09:58.
Old 13th October 2020, 13:42     #464
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Your reminder that Labour is always going to Labour.

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...-public-safety

Quick, while jacinda is reallly popular let’s ban crypto, no one will notice
But haven't you heard? Sexual predators use encryption! You wouldn't protect sexual predators, would you?
Old 13th October 2020, 20:30     #465
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I heard that illegal immigrants are using crypto to sneak super-terrorists across our borders!

Andrew Little looking at Jacinda’s poll numbers: “I can do... whatever... the fuck... I want...”
Old 13th October 2020, 21:05     #466
Lightspeed

Laugh

I get the reference.