NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 4th July 2022, 17:54     #43281
Caesar

So, my mother was watching something on TV this arvo called extreme couponers. I didn't know this was a thing... but in the US of course, so no surprises there.

Anyway one lady brought her $1900.00 worth of groceries bill and got it down to something like 4 bucks all through coupons she had been collecting.

Do you think that would at all be possible over here?
I couldn't believe it.

Fucken crazy yanks....
Old 5th July 2022, 10:41     #43282
Cyberbob

Most retailers I've seen have a 'not to be used in conjunction with any other offer/coupon' proviso which means you can't stack them.
Old 5th July 2022, 14:36     #43283
Lightspeed

It's like the US has an ecosystem of coupon services that business sign up for, with a whole ingrained culture.
Old 6th July 2022, 12:13     #43284
wazza
*flex*

was curious re: my financial position in life
i fucked my credit when i was around 20 and didn't really have the maturity or wherewithal to do anything about it until i was 37(about a year ago, maybe 18months).

rang my bank today to see what i could get regarding personal loan unsecured(been browsing cars for a while now) and they profiled me and submitted it, offered me $70,000

crazy. not going forward, was simply curious.
Old 7th July 2022, 13:21     #43285
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Elon Musk continues his personal quest to solve the West's falling population growth rate

https://techcrunch.com/2022/07/06/th...euralink-exec/
Old 9th July 2022, 02:29     #43286
Lightspeed

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1545046146548019201

Quote:
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Doing my best to help the underpopulation crisis.

A collapsing birth rate is the biggest danger civilization faces by far.
2:04 am · 8 Jul 2022·Twitter for iPhone
Old 9th July 2022, 09:06     #43287
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Unfortunately I believe it is true. Our system can't handle a decline in population because we need more people to support the people going into retirement.
Old 9th July 2022, 13:46     #43288
Cyberbob

In the same way that a pyramid scheme depends on a constantly and exponentially growing base.
Old 9th July 2022, 21:39     #43289
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

there's a garden bed here where I transplanted some scrawny fruitless chilli plants that I thought weren't going to make it. They weren't labelled and I didn't know what they were. All except one have died but that one has fruited. After taste-testing I now suspect that it's one of the Carolina Reapers that I lost track of because I can't see, speak, breathe, or feel my face.
Old 9th July 2022, 22:46     #43290
Lightspeed

lolz
Old 10th July 2022, 17:34     #43291
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Devil grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Unfortunately I believe it is true. Our system can't handle a decline in population because we need more people to support the people going into retirement.
Need is a strong word. There may be a moral imperative, but it's no need. It's a "nice to have".
Old 11th July 2022, 22:22     #43292
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Expired patents are a goldmine of information. Everyone writes their patent in as cryptic a form as possible, while still being specific. It's not AI-ready information. There's a mental process, but it's gold alright.
Old 12th July 2022, 13:38     #43293
MadMax
Stuff

I think I’ve found a way to check if a workmate is at work or not, with Exchange or 365. Assuming online = actively checking their emails.

Send them an email and immediately recall it. It seems as if it doesn’t get recalled until an email client polls the email account. Recall failure or success indicates they’re online. (Failure obviously means you weren’t quick enough which goes without saying.)

YMMV. Maybe this is a thing and embarrassingly I should know it already.
Old 12th July 2022, 14:01     #43294
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
lolz
Seriously I was kneeling in front of the toilet, coughing and burping and hiccupping like some kid trying to get sympathy clout on Tiktok. I thought I was made of stronger stuff, but obviously not.
Old 12th July 2022, 14:23     #43295
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Seriously I was kneeling in front of the toilet, coughing and burping and hiccupping like some kid trying to get sympathy clout on Tiktok. I thought I was made of stronger stuff, but obviously not.
This is the way. But remember - don't fear it.

I'm currently working my way through the Fix&Fog box set. First jar (Smoke&Fire) was easy - gets the uninitiated, but a walk in the park. Jar #2 (Smoke&Inferno) is proving interesting. I am very dubious of #3 (Smoke&Chaos) as it is full of Reaper.

Pro tip - spread it like Marmite.
Old 12th July 2022, 20:42     #43296
MadMax
Stuff

When you renew your dog registration why do you need new tags? Surely you could just get the one tag and ask for a new when the old one wears out?
Old 12th July 2022, 20:45     #43297
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
was curious re: my financial position in life
i fucked my credit when i was around 20 and didn't really have the maturity or wherewithal to do anything about it until i was 37(about a year ago, maybe 18months).

rang my bank today to see what i could get regarding personal loan unsecured(been browsing cars for a while now) and they profiled me and submitted it, offered me $70,000

crazy. not going forward, was simply curious.
Here you go https://www.autotrader.co.nz/used-ca...camaro/408553/
Old 13th July 2022, 16:59     #43298
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Megan Fox not supplied with vehicle? What a scam!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 14th July 2022, 20:03     #43299
MadMax
Stuff

A few years ago I helped a workmate with the set up of his new PC, moving his stuff from the old onto the new. I'd checked with him what he wanted kept in terms of documents and software and held on to the clone of his re-used drive for a month in case anything was missing.

He never did ask about the "hidden" partition (so his kids didn't find it) containing screenshots of his nude tinder dates.

Have to admit I was too embarrassed to ask. It didn't make the transfer to the new machine as if it did, I'd have to have seen it.

Last edited by MadMax : 14th July 2022 at 20:05.
Old 14th July 2022, 23:05     #43300
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Say an absolute stranger, for no reason whatsoever, sends you their secret 12 words of their crypto wallet - clearly a n00b.... and you check and it has money in it.... and they don't reply to your messages.

What do you do?

Edit: Not zero reason - they asked for help withdrawing. But I have no idea why me. Money laundering perhaps?
Old 15th July 2022, 07:27     #43301
StN
I have detailed files

I think my lizard brain may have influenced me buying my Honda hybrid because something got triggered from long ago in my past...

The charge/assist and fuel efficicency bar graphs dance up and down in real time as you would expect, but the kicker being that due to some top down projected concave mirror wizardry, the speedo numbers hang in 3D in the middle of the tacho:

Old 15th July 2022, 07:54     #43302
wazza
*flex*

^smiled
Old 15th July 2022, 16:46     #43303
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Say an absolute stranger, for no reason whatsoever, sends you their secret 12 words of their crypto wallet - clearly a n00b.... and you check and it has money in it.... and they don't reply to your messages.

What do you do?

Edit: Not zero reason - they asked for help withdrawing. But I have no idea why me. Money laundering perhaps?
Seems like a strange scam - because I just got another wallet with money in it sent to me.

Is it better to take the funds and "keep them"/safe or let someone else take them?

It's analogous to seeing money blowing down the street.

Edit: I could have $2500NZD if I wanted it.

Last edited by DrTiTus : 15th July 2022 at 16:48.
Old 15th July 2022, 18:27     #43304
blynk

Quote:

What do you do?

So this was an unsolicited request? Do you know them, do they post something on some chat somewhere that you may have replied to?

They said, here is my phrase, how do I get the money out? and have not responded again?

Can't see what the angle would be here at the moment? Maybe set up an entirely new wallet and transfer half the money out. See what they come back with
Old 15th July 2022, 20:23     #43305
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Yes, unsolicited, new Twitter accounts, new crypto accounts, just private keys with money on it, and a few recent transactions. I'm thinking there's been a crypto exchange hack and they're just destroying credibility. I can't understand why it's happening otherwise.
Old 15th July 2022, 21:53     #43306
blynk

So quick google.
Scammers send private keys, but there is not enough ETH for the gas fees, you pay the gas fees to try and get it out, they transfer the ETH away.

"And here is the scam as the relative address will have cryptocurrencies with a certain value, but will be devoid of Ethereum in order to be able to make the transaction to release these cryptocurrencies, and therefore since the value is greater than the fee to be paid, then we are the first to send ETH to the wallet and then make the exit transaction with the swag.

Unfortunately, we have done nothing but play the game of the scammer as the relative address has systems to be able to release any incoming transaction and Ethereum to a different address so when the victim sends X ETH to then make the transaction, the criminal already will have processed that transaction to another address of his and so we actually gave the ETH to the criminal as a gift."
Old 15th July 2022, 22:27     #43307
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I almost fell for that exact scam a couple of years ago.
Old 15th July 2022, 22:32     #43308
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Interesting, thanks. I'll look into it and see if I can win the race to grab the crypto :P Maybe I can use one to play off the other lol

It's not ETH, but Tether, so I'll have to see. Cool, that makes me feel better if I can scam a scammer.
Old 16th July 2022, 09:45     #43309
blynk

Quote:
Interesting, thanks. I'll look into it and see if I can win the race to grab the crypto :P Maybe I can use one to play off the other lol

It's not ETH, but Tether, so I'll have to see. Cool, that makes me feel better if I can scam a scammer.
My take on it is that its set to automatically transfer, so you wont even get the chance to do it.
Old 16th July 2022, 10:25     #43310
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

Yeah it's this one here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre...cam_even_work/

They use the Tether as bait, apparently with a multisig wallet, and transfer out any TRX being sent as "gas" fees. Even if you get in "first", the transfer would apparently fail. Remind me again how crypto is going to be the world's reserve currency, and liberate us from the corruption of evil fiat...

Interesting morality I appear to have - when presented with what I think is an "opportunity to steal", I ask others if it's OK first. I'm not sure if that's a pass or a fail.
Old 16th July 2022, 14:15     #43311
wazza
*flex*

89.2kg this morning before training. it's still weird to me to have abs and not weigh 131kg anymore. i think i need to wear 34" levis, i can ball up each fist and tuck it side by side under my size 36" when i sit on the couch.
Old 18th July 2022, 17:12     #43312
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Wtf

https://twitter.com/dosnostalgic/sta...20074756276224
Old 18th July 2022, 17:22     #43313
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yeah I watched the Doom inside Doom II video the other day (it was on Slashdot), it was cool/impressive.
Old 18th July 2022, 18:01     #43314
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Wow, that's cool.
Old 18th July 2022, 19:55     #43315
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Not as cool as this real-life NZG meme!

https://news.ku.dk/all_news/2022/07/...emale-corpses/
Old 18th July 2022, 20:12     #43316
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
To be fair, 117k did seem a little generous for a lo-res image. Steganography is cool.
Old 20th July 2022, 19:24     #43317
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Foot and mouth disease detected in meat at a Melbourne supermarket.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/foo...A3F3LFJ3UX5BQ/

Hoo boy.
Old 21st July 2022, 08:44     #43318
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I know I've commented on this before, but holy fuck it feels good to stick a cotton bud into my ears and wiggle it around when my ears are inflamed by a bit of an ear-nose-throat infection.

Seriously, it's better than sex. Because I can do it every 15 minutes, all day. The only risk is permanent ear damage if I get too excited. And let me tell you, this level of physical pleasure is pretty exciting.
10 years almost to the day, and I find the perfect vid...

https://i.imgur.com/oWvNw8k.mp4
Old 21st July 2022, 12:47     #43319
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You saw that vid, and your idiot monkey brain's search engine spat out a 10-year-old post on NZG?

Also: I know that feel, lizard brother!
Old 21st July 2022, 12:48     #43320
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You saw that vid, and your idiot monkey brain's search engine spat out a 10-year-old post on NZG?

Also: I know that feel, lizard brother!
StN
I have detailed files - with wierd indexing.