Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th April 2012, 09:48     #32201
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
welcome to the real world.

Last edited by Nothing : 18th April 2012 at 09:49.
Old 18th April 2012, 10:03     #32202
Nothing

Or perhaps I should've posted this instead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PreAABChTyQ
Old 18th April 2012, 10:32     #32203
aR Que

I don't even understand the shit that comes out of your mouth.

Anyway, back to dancing with pixies.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:35     #32204
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
Yes. You are a chump if you think you have any business judging your workmates performance outside of their performance reviews.

Like you would have any chance of making it past the cv check where I work, but if somehow you did, let me just say, good luck and welcome to the real world.
wait a minute, you have to work with GM before you work in the real world? GM is morpheus?!?!?! or possibly that guy from that matt damon movie where all the angels wore hats and suits and one of them was a black guy!!?!?!?!

woah.
Old 18th April 2012, 13:28     #32205
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
Like you would have any chance of making it past the cv check where I work, but if somehow you did, let me just say, good luck and welcome to the real world.
lol he thinks he's GT
Old 18th April 2012, 14:55     #32206
CCS
Stunt Pants

And when are you going to tell us where you work, GM, and how it constitutes the real world?
Old 18th April 2012, 18:04     #32207
chiQ
Frag-muff

I booted up my old Dell notebook today. I'm home sick, but still working, and my Mac is being a piece of pooh (still, after 18 months of trying to sort it out), so I thought I could run the mail client on the Mac and do everything else on the Dell, thus saving myself much beachball-time.

I also really wanted to retrieve some artwork I had stored on the Dell (and nowhere else), so I could give it to BaM.

Forgot pw. Okay, not an issue. The administrator password is one of my harder to crack staples. Battery is buggered. Okay, no problem: plug it in. HDD died. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

IR sad

I actually cried.

Now I have a munted Mac and a completely dead Dell, and I just financed a new car, so I don't fancy getting a new notebook on hoc. Aside from the logistics of having no really good computer to use (used to it about now) I lost irreplaceable data, than I would ordinarily have copied over, but for no rational reason did not back up.

I think I will hold onto the Dell until BaM and I sell the house, so if I feel it's important enough to justify blowing some house money on I can get it rescued off the platters down the line.

Last edited by chiQ : 18th April 2012 at 18:05.
Old 18th April 2012, 18:22     #32208
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
lol he thinks he's GT
And not a very good one.
Old 18th April 2012, 23:19     #32209
fidgit
Always itchy

Just FYI, y'all would probs both pass the cv check at my work. I'm pretty relaxed about special needs kids and ESOL migrants that can't put a sentence together.

Big on the experience though - you guys can push trolleys round right? That's some Real World shit right there...
Old 19th April 2012, 00:21     #32210
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Just FYI, y'all would probs both pass the cv check at my work. I'm pretty relaxed about special needs kids and ESOL migrants that can't put a sentence together.

Big on the experience though - you guys can push trolleys round right? That's some Real World shit right there...
I thought that was New World shit?
Old 19th April 2012, 07:35     #32211
xor

Wat
Old 19th April 2012, 09:10     #32212
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Bro, i have advanced experience in chiller stacking, i used to stack a chiller so fucking sweetly, that often, people would come by and say, holy shit, that chiller is stacked so fucking sweetly. Yea, i was a bit of a hero.

And don't even get me started on when i was promoted to drink stacker boy. Shit was off the chain.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:19     #32213
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

__MACOSX
Old 19th April 2012, 21:43     #32214
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Bro, i have advanced experience in chiller stacking, i used to stack a chiller so fucking sweetly, that often, people would come by and say, holy shit, that chiller is stacked so fucking sweetly. Yea, i was a bit of a hero.

And don't even get me started on when i was promoted to drink stacker boy. Shit was off the chain.
Hired! I had a for reals issue to deal with today when a girl stacker was complaining at me that one of the duty managers wouldn't let her stack drinks, essentially because she was a girl. Or as she put it: "apparently you need a penis to stack drinks".

(that dm's a nob and is gonna get himself in some trouble before too long IMO...)
Old 24th April 2012, 12:52     #32215
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

In which I point out that a fine upstanding Christian role model was actually a complete cunt, and have it pointed out to me that God doesn't care that he was a cunt, just that he accepted Jebus into his heart before he got arrested.

http://keepingstock.blogspot.com.au/...ck-colson.html
Old 24th April 2012, 13:05     #32216
chiQ
Frag-muff

Isn't he the dude that took Nixon down with the Watergate thingie?
Old 24th April 2012, 13:06     #32217
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
In which I point out that a fine upstanding Christian role model was actually a complete cunt, and have it pointed out to me that God doesn't care that he was a cunt, just that he accepted Jebus into his heart before he got arrested.

http://keepingstock.blogspot.com.au/...ck-colson.html
So next time someone suggests you convert to their god just point out you haven't been enough of a cunt for it to be really good yet.

As soon as you have really done some nasty shit you'll convert because it will mean even more.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:06     #32218
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

He was Nixon's enforcer. Most of that shit was probably his idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Colson
Old 24th April 2012, 15:31     #32219
[WanG] Wandarah

SHG, there is a day coming when the dead shall rise and the books are opened. You will be there along with every man Jack and woman Jill that inhabited the planet. Save your comments on Chuck Colson until after the judge's.

^^^
Heed these words.
Old 24th April 2012, 23:01     #32220
chiQ
Frag-muff

Gears were today ground by the fire alarm going off in our 7th floor studio at the precise moment a scheduled teleconference was due to start, after I had hurried back from an earlier off-site meeting to be there in time...then had to walk down and up a lot of stairs...with a headache.
Old 25th April 2012, 10:35     #32221
wasp

It grinds my gears that it costs $4.50 CAD (5.60 NZD) for a Magnum chocolate icecream in Canada.
Old 25th April 2012, 18:50     #32222
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
And when are you going to tell us where you work, GM, and how it constitutes the real world?
I don't work in the shitty environment (quite literally) that reformed quint works in and that's pretty much all that matters.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:10     #32223
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
I don't work in the shitty environment (quite literally) that reformed quint works in and that's pretty much all that matters.
lmao
Old 25th April 2012, 19:45     #32224
CCS
Stunt Pants

Nah, I think what matters is your boastfulness about your real world job. If you're going to hold it up as some example of why it's a 'real world' job more than anybody else's job and that it's got some hardcore application test, don't you think it would bolster your claims if you actually said what it is?
Old 25th April 2012, 20:11     #32225
chiQ
Frag-muff

Dude in a brand new BMW swinging into the lane one car-length in front of me when I've been closing on him steadily since I'm going a fair bit faster grinds my gears...or my disks, as the case may be.

I raged out so much I blasted on my horn and then maintained the terrifying following distance he had set me until he pulled over into the left lane again, and found he was doing 95, while I was going a 103 kph before his asinine move, if my cruise control was doing its job.

I flipped him the bird as I went past, and had to drive the rest of the way home with serious adrenaline shakes.
Old 26th April 2012, 00:19     #32226
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Finding out a new friend, with whom I've been getting on really well, is an antivaxxer.
Old 26th April 2012, 01:17     #32227
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Finding out a new friend, with whom I've been getting on really well, is an antivaxxer.
I was thinking about the anti-vaccine brigade yesterday on the bus, as I listened to this:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...of-illness.asx

Intriguing stuff.
Old 26th April 2012, 01:59     #32228
BillHague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

Cut them.

Literally.
Old 26th April 2012, 02:21     #32229
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillHague
Cut them.

Liberally.
ftfy
Old 26th April 2012, 09:05     #32230
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
lol, I like working where i work and am sad that these are my last few days. enjoyed the work, enjoy working in a highly experienced eng team and the lads on the floor are GC's (some of the apprentice's have a way to go... but that's why they are apprentices, heh). during my tenure i completed the design and quality control on 7 switchboards for the LV side (distribution) of a new power plant, inc. a 16metre, 1.2mil dollar panel. It's a competitive game CPP, but, i guess you know all about that and LDs, working in your 'real world'.

/sperg.

So yea, next time you turn on your light switch, say a few fucking prayers to me, twat.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:22     #32231
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Find a rusty nail.

Hello tetanus.
Old 26th April 2012, 10:30     #32232
CCS
Stunt Pants

Laugh

Quint > Gm. Big lols. Loving it!
Old 26th April 2012, 11:33     #32233
[Malks] Pixie

Victoria's stone age internet and IT services. Half the time you can't get onto the wireless network and the half of the time that you do it's like using dial up. But I guess at least it's internet - or should be if they didn't keep fucking locking my account for no reason (3 times this week - and each time ITS says they don't know why the account is locked).

It's fucking embarrasing - even more so when I chat with the international students in our classes...

Pixie
Old 26th April 2012, 15:43     #32234
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Vic's IT is shit.

The courses were pretty shit too. Overall, I rate my Vic experience as a 4/10.
Old 26th April 2012, 17:33     #32235
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Vic's IT is shit.

The courses were pretty shit too. Overall, I rate my Vic experience as a 4/10.
I'll agree with Vic's IT is shit - but all bar one of the course I have done up there have been really good.

Pixie
Old 4th May 2012, 14:58     #32236
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Mrs Ab brought home a new telly for the kids room yesterday - LCD 1366 x 768, DTV tuner, HDMI, blahblah, nothing fancy, looks crisp and colourful. $248. Goddamn, the big old Sony Wega CRT it's replacing is technically dogshit by comparison and it cost us $2000 back in the day. Insane.

BUT THE GODDAMN USER INTERFACE, KILL ME NOW. Incomprehensible remote and confusing OSD and fucking leads and cables and FUCK.

If Apple decides to butt-bang the television industry I will be first in line.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:02     #32237
GM

I'd buy a $248 Apple TV too!
Old 4th May 2012, 15:05     #32238
crocos

Ab: what brand? If you've just got a cheap shitty brand, then no surprise.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 4th May 2012, 15:05     #32239
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

While head down behind the tv cabinet trying to work out which cable was which, I said to financial controller: "if Apple releases a television we're buying it, I don't care what it costs"
Old 4th May 2012, 15:13     #32240
CCS
Stunt Pants

Dem cables got you all confused, huh? Damn. Getting old sucks!