Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 29th August 2013, 09:24     #161
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I don't know that Labour are evil, but certainly nasty. And inept. The Greens on the other hand are definitely evil.
I'll bite. Why are the greens evil? I thought they were just crazy.
Old 29th August 2013, 09:26     #162
Baxton

You think labour/greens even mana are any worse than National? They are all the same, bodies of greedy, untrustworthy people who are actively seeking power and control over others.

You can only cherry pick the odd policy you agree with and hope the rest are not too caustic to your political man sack.

Honestly, I have always voted National but would struggle to rate labour worse than National based on the last few years based on the stuff I don’t agree with.

Considering voting Greens next election.

./ducks
Old 29th August 2013, 09:40     #163
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Greens. Policy-less dimbulbs. Otherwise known as the "We don't agree with that" party.

A vote for Russell is a vote for Australia.
Old 29th August 2013, 11:28     #164
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
A vote for Russell is a vote for Australia.
I thought we were supposed to be aspiring to be Australia? That's what John Key sold us on last time!
Old 29th August 2013, 12:09     #165
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Lightbulb

Quote:
Otherwise known as the "We don't agree with that" party.
I believe the term for this is "opposition party".
Old 29th August 2013, 12:27     #166
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
I believe the term for this is "opposition party".
That would be so if they said "We don't agree with this because of our policy of ....." - but they don't, because they don't have any policies.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:11     #167
chubby

muh

Quote:
That would be so if they said "We don't agree with this because of our policy of ....." - but they don't, because they don't have any policies.
actually,russell blabs on very knowledgeably on minute detail of their policy's.very accessible,very specific.
your bloggers just dont link to that-makes it easier to be like you.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:14     #168
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah, like printing more money to help the economy, that was awesome.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:26     #169
chubby

facepalm

yeah.
and taking more and more from the worker to be stockpiled by the undeserving is going great.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:32     #170
xor

The Greens still think the FTA between NZ and China is a bad thing too...
Old 29th August 2013, 13:42     #171
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yeah, like printing more money to help the economy, that was awesome.
You mean saying it. Economies print money to help themselves out all the time. You just don't say it, because it sounds more simplistic than it really is, and then you sound simplistic.
Old 29th August 2013, 15:11     #172
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Simplistic. There's a ton of that going on.
Old 29th August 2013, 15:16     #173
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
You mean saying it. Economies print money to help themselves out all the time. You just don't say it, because it sounds more simplistic than it really is, and then you sound simplistic.
Pretty much. All money is printed out of thin air, it happens all the time, and sometimes it does help the economy.

As for the Greens not having any policy.. lol? Green party policy documentation is more detailed than either of the major parties.
Old 29th August 2013, 15:24     #174
spigalau

That would be the Green party documentation written on hemp paper with charcoal ?

"A Vote for the Greens is a vote for the return of Caveman"
Old 29th August 2013, 15:32     #175
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Documented. Worth the storage space? Highly different.
Old 29th August 2013, 16:13     #176
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi
I'll bite. Why are the greens evil? I thought they were just crazy.
I think that standing in the way of progress, of science, of energy, and good economics is pretty evil.
Old 29th August 2013, 16:47     #177
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Greens MP Kevin Hague: "Sure there are still some members who are opposed to immunisation. We’re a diverse party!"

Diversity. It's always awesome.
Old 29th August 2013, 18:01     #178
ilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
^^Doesn't understand the culture of South A.K.
Do I have to? Idiots are idiots. These idiots suck.
Old 29th August 2013, 20:40     #179
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk
Do I have to? Idiots are idiots. These idiots suck.
meh, they think they're right. I wouldn't get butthurt and all embarrassed about it.

nahmean?
Old 31st August 2013, 07:45     #180
ilk

Idiots think they are right? Shocking, thanks for the insight. Are you defending their right to hold worthless opinions? Not trying to take that away, merely opining myself.
Old 31st August 2013, 08:03     #181
Odysseus
Stray Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
yeah.
and taking more and more from the worker to be stockpiled by the undeserving is going great.
I guess you're talking about GST?
Old 31st August 2013, 08:41     #182
chubby

im talking about pretty much the entire tax system-
who it takes it from,on what basis,who it is evaded by,relative efforts put into detection of evation....as they say,'the list goes on'.
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:00     #183
ZoSo

Editorial: Rivals' policies out of touch, out of time

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...ch-out-of-time

Quote:
OPINION: Well that didn't take long. Labour's American-style primary contest is only days old, but already it is apparent that in terms of policy none of the three contenders for the leadership has any more to offer than the departing David Shearer.
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:45     #184
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Free money for everyone!
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:37     #185
pxpx

chubby are you a legit communist? Seriously? I'd like to know what your ideal government/tax/economic model is.
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:11     #186
ZoSo

Gotta love Jonesy lobbing grenades into this sideshow. Drilling and mining jobs? What is this crazy talk.
http://www.3news.co.nz/Shane-Jones-s...9/Default.aspx
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:25     #187
CCS
Stunt Pants

I think that, of the 3 candidates, the most likely to give Labour the transformation it needs is Jones. The other two are just business as usual and aren't likely to win back any of the swing voters.

Not saying I'd necessarily vote for a Jones led Labour based purely on what I've seen so far, just saying that Jones is likely to be the best out of the three.
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:19     #188
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Anyways, I'm pretty sure I could handle a Labour+NZ First or Labour+Maori coalition in power, with Cunliffe in charge.
After seeing a bit more of Cunliffe in action, I retract this statement. I couldn't possibly endure the onslaught of smarm.
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:32     #189
CCS
Stunt Pants

That, and he's a lying cunt.
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:41     #190
BoyWonder

"I had to move to a much nicer address because breast feeding".

Seems legit.
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:08     #191
CCS
Stunt Pants

Farrar has a fun table of what the 3 stooges have been promising..

Jones and Cunliffe: Pacifica TV channel
What in the fuck? Blatant vote buying. Promising to piss away taxpayer money on a minority group TV channel.

Jones: Regulate food prices
Fuck. Off.

Cunliffe: Taxi drivers to earn more
wat

Cunliffe and Robertson: 50% female quota for caucus, Not block the “man ban” if party wants it
lul. A vote for Cunliffe or Robertson is a vote for furthering the silly Labour internal squabbling.
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:24     #192
Odysseus
Stray Dog

Quote:
im talking about pretty much the entire tax system-
who it takes it from,on what basis,who it is evaded by,relative efforts put into detection of evation....as they say,'the list goes on'.
I really have NFI on what you wrote. An increase in GST (NZ style - ie the single rate on all goods and services) hits the poor the most. With the exception of the GST rate rise, the last tax adjustment in 2010 gave most people except certain types of homeowners a tax break.

But I think my typing is going to go waste

Last edited by Odysseus : 3rd September 2013 at 18:26.
Old 4th September 2013, 00:40     #193
fidgit
Always itchy

I honestly don't know why anyone is even considering giving these promises any merit. They're worse than General Election promises - they have a built in opt-out clause when/if any of these 3 gets in. They can just claim National left things too fucked up to do what they'd planned, and we'll get to it next time round. Keep that up for a couple of elections and no one will remember your promises.

I'd rate these promises as lower likelihood of coming to fruition than local council mayoral promises - I'm still waiting for my gd ice skating rink Kerry.

(Oh also, I recall John was going to build us a National Cycleway, as a way to make jobs. Did that ever happen?)
Old 4th September 2013, 00:53     #194
plaz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
(Oh also, I recall John was going to build us a National Cycleway, as a way to make jobs. Did that ever happen?)
I had assumed nothing much had actually come of it too, but then stumbled across the website one day ... last I checked a lot of the rides were still under construction, but at least partly ridable.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:02     #195
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I've a $100 on iPredict for cuntliffe to win; I have faith in the labour grass roots / unions to pick the absolutely biggest twat they have for the job.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:26     #196
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus
With the exception of the GST rate rise, the last tax adjustment in 2010 gave most people except certain types of homeowners a tax break.

But I think my typing is going to go waste
if you blithely accept the 'fiscally neutral' justification here,you miss the point with individuals voting.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:38     #197
Odysseus
Stray Dog

Quote:
if you blithely accept the 'fiscally neutral' justification here,you miss the point with individuals voting.
So what did everyone else have wrong? You'll need to come up with some solid numbers for this one, btw.
Old 15th September 2013, 16:09     #198
fixed_truth

Old 15th September 2013, 18:45     #199
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Cunliffe wins with the backing of 11 out of 34 members of the Labour caucus, pass me the popcorn
Old 15th September 2013, 19:29     #200
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

A "leader" with no followers; there will be a blood bath. At least my iPredict investment has paid off...

Last edited by Golden Teapot : 15th September 2013 at 19:30.