NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 9th November 2016, 15:19     #561
CCS
Stunt Pants

I think there's a lot of overlap between Trump supporters and Tea Partiers.
Old 9th November 2016, 15:32     #562
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I could write an essay about the Tea Party movement and how it's been hijacked twice, but TLDR version:

- Tea Party originally starts as a tax-law protest among Wall Street bankers

- Republican Party smells that there's an anti-Obama protest going on and hijacks it, turning it from a bankers' tax-reform movement into a general racists' Lynch Dat Nigger movement, because having a bunch of foaming-at-the-mouth racists that are technically separate from the GOP is electorally handy

- Tea Party movement gains self-awareness, realises that it can influence elections with or without the GOP pulling the strings, and starts biting the hand that feeds it

- Trump comes along and hijacks the Tea Party a second time, at which point the Tea Party movement morphs from being Lynch Dat Nigger to being a This Country Is Going to Hell In Every Way and Only Trump Can Save It movement. Basically Trump has annexed the Tea Party and made it his own.
Old 9th November 2016, 15:36     #563
CCS
Stunt Pants

Now what if Trump slithers through and wins by a narrow margin. Can you imagine the Clinton supporters? They're hardly going to stage an armed insurrection but can you just imagine the howls of indignation and outrage? The salty tears of profound and inconsolable grief? God almighty.
Old 9th November 2016, 15:40     #564
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Consensus across the US networks seems to be razorthin lead for Trump in Florida
Old 9th November 2016, 15:42     #565
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Now what if Trump slithers through and wins by a narrow margin. Can you imagine the Clinton supporters? They're hardly going to stage an armed insurrection but can you just imagine the howls of indignation and outrage? The salty tears of profound and inconsolable grief? God almighty.
If Trump wins he will purge the Republican Party. The howling and crying won't just be coming from the Dems.
Old 9th November 2016, 15:47     #566
blynk

The Senate and House are probably more important anyway. They are really who run the country.

Looks like GOP might take the house, Democrats the senate.
Old 9th November 2016, 15:48     #567
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
If Trump wins he will purge the Republican Party. The howling and crying won't just be coming from the Dems.
This is a good song.
Old 9th November 2016, 16:13     #568
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I've had NBC coverage on for the past half an hour and its numbers are waaaaay stronger for Trump almost across the board than anyone expected. Trump ahead in Ohio, Trump ahead in Florida, Trump ahead in Michigan. If Hillary loses all three I think she's fucked.
Old 9th November 2016, 16:20     #569
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
If Trump wins he will purge the Republican Party.
How? Just because he's the republican candidate, even if he wins he is not actually in a position to control the party to that level.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 9th November 2016, 16:20     #570
CCS
Stunt Pants

Michigan looks to have counted fuck all votes so far, less than 10%. So I wouldn't go handing it to him just yet. However, winning Michigan would be very good for him.
Old 9th November 2016, 16:22     #571
CCS
Stunt Pants

BTW, if Trump wins Michigan then Nate Silver is wrong about that state. If he is wrong about Michigan...
Old 9th November 2016, 16:29     #572
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I think there's a lot of overlap between Trump supporters and Tea Partiers.
Overlap totally, but i don't get the same sense of unity of purpose, unity of anger perhaps?
Old 9th November 2016, 16:31     #573
fixed_truth

Quote:
Early returns in Michigan are not great for Clinton. Trump is winning by big margins in rural areas and by 2 percentage points overall. The New York Times’s live forecast, which takes into account where the votes are coming from, is now giving Clinton just a 54 percent chance of winning the state and a 58 percent chance of winning the election overall. Before votes were counted, Clinton had a 94 percent chance of winning in Michigan according to the Times and a 79 percent chance according to our forecast.
From fivethirtyeight
Old 9th November 2016, 16:43     #574
leadinjector

while personally i would vote for clinton, i hope trump wins just for the lols
Old 9th November 2016, 16:45     #575
ZoSo

She looks fucked doesn't she? isn't it looking like 279-259?
http://www.270towin.com/maps/7nddy

Esp with NH now leaning red.

Last edited by ZoSo : 9th November 2016 at 16:46.
Old 9th November 2016, 16:48     #576
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
She looks fucked doesn't she? isn't it looking like 279-259?
http://www.270towin.com/maps/7nddy

Esp with NH now leaning red.
florida for trump calling it now
Old 9th November 2016, 16:50     #577
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Overlap totally, but i don't get the same sense of unity of purpose, unity of anger perhaps?
Their purpose is venting their anger. That's all they are.
Old 9th November 2016, 16:53     #578
CCS
Stunt Pants

Y'know, some of these states are so early in the counting that it really doesn't matter what way they're leaning at the moment.
Old 9th November 2016, 16:56     #579
ZoSo

Need some comedians to end this clusterfuck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMjzWt1gxLs/
Old 9th November 2016, 17:01     #580
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

NYT now giving Trump 63% chance of victory
Old 9th November 2016, 17:05     #581
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

CNN giving Trump 35 electoral vote lead over Clinton
CNN giving Trump 1.1million popular vote lead over Clinton
Old 9th November 2016, 17:09     #582
CCS
Stunt Pants

35 based on states counted/near counted so far? California still to go = 55 votes.

Otherwise... I'm starting to feel ill.
Old 9th November 2016, 17:11     #583
ZoSo

Even if she wins Iowa and NH, it's 269/269 lol.
Old 9th November 2016, 17:16     #584
ZoSo

Joe Rogan Experience - End Of The World (Live from The Comedy Store)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcsxqEgJV1I

Might cut out a bit. Will have bad langugage. May trigger SJW's/millenials.
Old 9th November 2016, 17:23     #585
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

NBC calling Ohio for Trump
Old 9th November 2016, 17:31     #586
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sad

538:
Quote:
Trump wins Ohio. Our model now gives him a 55 percent chance of winning the election.
Old 9th November 2016, 17:33     #587
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

NYT now giving Trump 87% chance of win
Old 9th November 2016, 17:38     #588
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

This is fucking awesome.

Trump is definitely the man to handle America's bankrupt situation.
Old 9th November 2016, 17:51     #589
CCS
Stunt Pants

Ok, let's say Trump wins. Can he take a 2nd term? Will the country be so far into oblivion that there is a coup before his four years are up? Or does Congress save America from itself but fail to save America from its blowhard fool of a leader and ultimately the country isn't too much worse off than any time before?
Old 9th November 2016, 17:52     #590
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

CNN's electoral count right now
Trump 167
Clinton 131
Old 9th November 2016, 18:15     #591
CCS
Stunt Pants

Those Mormies are certainly rallying around McMullin. Not that it will achieve anything.
Old 9th November 2016, 18:27     #592
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

NYT calling North Carolina for Trump

CNN calling thin leads for Trump in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, AND New Hampshire
Old 9th November 2016, 18:33     #593
fixed_truth

"President Trump" just sounds wrong. Makes a mockery of the presidency. Oh well, gonna be an interesting 4 years.

Last edited by fixed_truth : 9th November 2016 at 18:38.
Old 9th November 2016, 18:40     #594
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Perhaps it won't be four years.
Old 9th November 2016, 18:46     #595
fixed_truth

Impeachment? Assassination? . . . . . two terms??
Old 9th November 2016, 18:48     #596
Deadmeat

Loses twitter fight, launches nuclear arsenal at someone in LA, russia takes their chance to launch a "retaliatory" strike and finally put the USA out of our collective misery.
Old 9th November 2016, 18:53     #597
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Impeachment? Assassination? . . . . . two terms??
pfft the Twenty-Second Amendment is just like, a SUGGESTION isn't it?
Old 9th November 2016, 18:58     #598
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
"President Trump" just sounds wrong. Makes a mockery of the presidency. Oh well, gonna be an interesting 4 years.
El Presidente.
Old 9th November 2016, 19:04     #599
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

By my calc (so it's probably wrong) Clinton has to win Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania to win. Lose any one of them and that's the game.
Old 9th November 2016, 19:06     #600
Lightspeed

The only upside to this is it fucking serves Clinton right. She'll never be known as the first female US president, instead she'll be forever known as the person who lost it to someone like Trump.