User Name
Password

Old 1st April 2020, 17:40     #5081
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/04/g....html#comments

Only time you'd want to read the comments. Gullible fools desperate to validate their extremism.
I was seriously getting my goat ready to be up. 500m?? FFS, I'm walking 4kms every morning and night because the block is really big. Then I kept reading (and pinched and punched the daughter while she was facetiming a mate!)
Old 1st April 2020, 18:14     #5082
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
What the fuck? Who the hell would make an April Fools bogus post about Government restrictions NOW?
Fucking assholes going to asshole

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st April 2020, 19:53     #5083
blynk

Quote:
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/04/g....html#comments

Only time you'd want to read the comments. Gullible fools desperate to validate their extremism.
God why post that. That's so horrible to read.
Old 1st April 2020, 22:46     #5084
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Fucking assholes going to asshole
I've known David Farrar for years - remember there was a time when everyone on the NZ Internet knew everyone else - and I guess I consider him a distant friend, but that's just a silly silly thing to be posting.
Old 6th April 2020, 11:40     #5085
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Scotland’s chief medical officer has resigned after taking a family trip to her second home during her country’s Covid-19 lockdown.

Dr Catherine Calderwood received a police warning after pictures of her trip to Earlsferry were published by the Scottish Sun.

She initially said she would carry on her role, but this morning issued a statement saying she would step down rather than risk her actions becoming a “distraction” during the Covid-19 response.
they do things differently in Scotland.
Old 6th April 2020, 12:31     #5086
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
they do things differently in Scotland.
https://www.lomography.com/magazine/...in-new-zealand

I wonder who the local MP could be...
Old 10th April 2020, 13:10     #5087
fixed_truth

Quote:
"The decision to accept this subsidy was not as simple for us as for most organisations. Prior to COVID-19, we have stated on the record that we would never accept taxpayer funding. That commitment was, of course, made in a time few New Zealanders could possibly have anticipated COVID-19 and the ensuing economic situation.

"After brief deliberation, the Taxpayers' Union board determined the welfare of our employees to be a more pressing immediate concern than ideological purity."
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...subsidies.html

Last edited by fixed_truth : 10th April 2020 at 13:13.
Old 21st April 2020, 02:29     #5088
Lightspeed

Concern Over Hong Kong Arrests - Rt Hon Winston Peters

Quote:
The New Zealand Government is concerned that more than a dozen public figures and democracy advocates were arrested in Hong Kong over the weekend, Foreign Minister Winston Peters says.

“The arrest of 15 high-profile pro-democracy figures, including members of Hong Kong’s Legislative Council, is very disappointing”, said Mr Peters. “The rights to freedom of speech and freedom of assembly are enshrined in the Basic Law for all people of Hong Kong.”

On Saturday, Hong Kong Police arrested 15 pro-democracy activists and charged them with offences including organising and joining unlawful assemblies. The charges relate to pro-democracy protests in the city last year. Those arrested include former and current legislators such as Democratic Party founder Martin Lee, and trade union leader Lee Cheuk-yang.

“The arrests are especially disappointing at a time when we should be coming together internationally in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic”, said Mr Peters.
Old 5th May 2020, 00:54     #5089
Lightspeed

National wants answers about Kurdish refugee Behrouz Boochani - RNZ

I don't quite get why National is applying this pressure, now? Is it anything to do with the work Ardern is doing with Australia with a "trans-Tasman bubble"? Casually letting Australia know we're considering a refugee from Manus Island?

The article appears to establish that no one is able to speak about an ongoing asylum application and politicians don't specifically have a role in the process.

Just some wishy-washy about whether this specific individual was honest on their visa application.
Old 29th May 2020, 01:58     #5090
Lightspeed

Hong Kong security bill backed by China's parliament

I guess that's the end of the Hong Kong city-state.
Old 3rd June 2020, 15:37     #5091
Lightspeed

3m people in Hong Kong will get path to British citizenship

Probably be a good move for the UK. Loads of older, wealthier Hong Kong citizens moving over to them.
Old 3rd June 2020, 16:39     #5092
pxpx

But, but... chinese immigration, bad!
Old 3rd June 2020, 17:50     #5093
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Send them to the colonies!

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...03-p54yws.html
Old 3rd June 2020, 17:52     #5094
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
But, but... chinese immigration, bad!
Only the chinesey ones are bad.
Old 3rd June 2020, 20:23     #5095
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Send them to the colonies!
That is pretty funny.
Old 4th June 2020, 10:33     #5096
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Reminder: today is the anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre

Old 5th June 2020, 00:16     #5097
Lightspeed

A perfect time to, I dunno, pass a law making mockery of the national anthem a crime punishable with years of jail time.

The CCP are something else.
Old 5th June 2020, 00:17     #5098
Lightspeed

Some local politics:

Council spent $19 million on failed Tauranga car park complex

How, how do you fuck up building a car park?
Old 5th June 2020, 02:20     #5099
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Reminder: today is the anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre
I remember the time this happened, I wasn't even 10. My parents struggled due to the hardship we faced when they lost their jobs, our country unwilling to be trade partners with those willing to perpetrate such a despicable act. Certainly it's unthinkable they'd ever be our largest trading partner without contrition and reforms.

Oh, wait.

Old man did go to 'Nam tho.
Old 5th June 2020, 11:53     #5100
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The leader of the free world on the massacre:

Quote:
“When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak… as being spit on by the rest of the world.”

Asked in 2016 about these comments, he called the Tiananmen Square protest a “riot”:

Trump, however, denied that his statements meant he agreed with the acts. “That doesn’t mean I was endorsing that… I said, that is a strong powerful government that put it down,” he said. “They kept down the riot, it was a horrible thing,” he added.

Old 12th June 2020, 11:43     #5101
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Hamilton City Council has removed a colonial statue from its centre as global protests against racism and colonisation grow.

The bronze statue is of British Captain John Fane Charles Hamilton, who killed Māori in the Waikato land wars. He never set foot in the city which takes his name.

A small crowd of about 50 curious onlookers gathered to watch the removal - a few of them cheered as the statue was lifted onto a truck and taken away.

There was no police presence during the removal.

The statue was gifted to Hamilton City by the Gallagher Group in 2013. The move to remove it comes after a formal request from iwi Waikato-Tainui on Thursday, amid a growing international drive to remove statues which are seen to represent cultural disharmony and oppression.
Old 12th June 2020, 12:04     #5102
StN
I have detailed files

...as long as this one stays:

Old 14th June 2020, 03:17     #5103
Lightspeed

Why is it taking so long to install fishing cameras?

This is exposure of a weird kind of pressure point those in government feel.
Old 16th June 2020, 15:44     #5104
fixed_truth

There's talk of local referendums to decide whether statues stay or go which I don't think will be good for Maori. But the statues aren't illegal either.
Old 17th June 2020, 03:12     #5105
Lightspeed

India says officer, two soldiers killed in 'violent faceoff' on border with China

Things have been heating up on the border for awhile apparently.
Old 17th June 2020, 06:25     #5106
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
There's talk of local referendums to decide whether statues stay or go which I don't think will be good for Maori. But the statues aren't illegal either.
Statues. Defaced.

Old 19th June 2020, 21:11     #5107
Nich

Brinkmanship on the rise, battle royale incoming:
- US vs Russia: Fighters harrassing recon planes, F22 painted with Mig colours for training
- China vs India: fatal mountaintop melee, China show of force follow up
- Turkey vs Iraq: Turkish ground troops in Iraq, 150 "insurgent" targets.
- North vs South Korea: diplomacy hut destroyed by North
- Egypt vs Ethiopia vs Sudan: FFA over Nile hydrodam.
Old 19th June 2020, 23:58     #5108
Lightspeed

Apparently this conflict on the Himalayan border was an unarmed skirmish, many of the killed troops having fallen to their deaths in the gorge. Dozens of them.

What a fucking night that must have been.
Old 20th June 2020, 12:44     #5109
Nich

That would have been wild and primal. Up in the snowy mountains, bamboo sticks with nails.

Oh, add to the above:
- US and Russia resuming nuclear bomb testing
- Iran testing cruise missiles ... i presume they are trying to deter Saudi Arabia, or generally warn any country away from fucking with them
Old 9th July 2020, 23:16     #5110
Lightspeed

New Zealand to review relationship with Hong Kong after new security law passes
Old 14th July 2020, 12:22     #5111
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Aaaaaand there goes Poland.
Old 14th July 2020, 14:23     #5112
Lightspeed

I'd say "dark times for Poland"... but Poland has a very high water mark when it comes to... times.

Still, would hate to be someone who doesn't fit in right now in Poland.
Old 15th July 2020, 11:44     #5113
pxpx

Unsubstantiated rumour around some circles is that Clarke boned the nanny, Cindi caught them red-handed, and the nanny is up the duff. But it's probably more dirty politics crap like when he was 'under investigation' a few years ago.
Old 15th July 2020, 13:31     #5114
StN
I have detailed files

Something smells fishy...
Old 15th July 2020, 16:40     #5115
blynk

Unsubstantiated rumour around some circles is that boy racers gave Collins cunninglus to avoid their cars being crushed and that she nearly crushed one of their heads when she orgasmed which is how she actually got the nickname
Old 15th July 2020, 17:37     #5116
pxpx

Quote:
Unsubstantiated rumour around some circles is that Clarke boned the nanny, Cindi caught them red-handed, and the nanny is up the duff. But it's probably more dirty politics crap like when he was 'under investigation' a few years ago.
Additional rumour is that Cindi's also preg again.
Old 15th July 2020, 17:43     #5117
Lightspeed

facepalm

Unsubstantiated rumours AKA bullshit you should probably keep to yourself.
Old 15th July 2020, 18:21     #5118
pxpx

Because if I don't you'll be mad at me online?
Old 15th July 2020, 18:22     #5119
pxpx

btw read the whole post.

Quote:
But it's probably more dirty politics crap like when he was 'under investigation' a few years ago.
Old 15th July 2020, 21:15     #5120
Lightspeed

It's poor information discipline, this lack of discipline being central to the effectiveness of the tactics of dirty politics. There's no benefit from its spread, it can only undermine more robust information.