CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor
Are you not?
Nah haven't eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO-Hoon
Contrary to popular believe, most cops are pretty civilized when treated respectfully. The way I see it, the cop is just returning the favour for the guy for being an uncooperative fucktard at some stage during his stay....nothing to do with the original offence. Just like being abused by a neighbour who then suddenly asks to borrow your mower.
That is a possibility I have not discounted.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:20     #442
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor
This is my horse, my horse is amazing.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 16th June 2011, 11:05     #443
cyc
Objection!

In addition to being a thug....

..... apprently Constable Gareth Needham also isn't a very good police officer.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10732521

Quote:
The police officer criticised by a coroner yesterday over his role in the search for toddler Aisling Symes is on stand-down from frontline duty after assaulting a teenager.

Constable Gareth Needham gave evidence at the inquest into the death of the West Auckland toddler.

In December, he was found guilty of assaulting a teenager and is to be sentenced on Monday.

The inquest heard how Aisling - who would have been 4 yesterday - disappeared on October 5, 2009, while her mother, Angela Symes, was cleaning out her late parents' home.

Seven days later, her body was found 36m down a stormwater pipe.

Mr Needham was one of the police officers who responded to a 111 emergency call. He found a manhole cover upside down and slightly out of place near where Aisling was last seen.
QUALIFIES TO BE PROMOTED! To teach course on appropriate use of force and record keeping!
Old 21st June 2011, 18:44     #444
Mojo

Need ham ?
Old 21st June 2011, 19:20     #445
mpx

To be fair, Needham went down as far as he possibly could without SAR and called out for her. He told a SAR member about the manhole also. I have to wonder if he would be this criticised about omitting to tell his Supervisor and putting the manhole cover back on properly if his other case wasn't in the media.

Not defending him in the slightest, just saying. I'm more critical of the Council for not listening to the umpteen calls lodged to fix that drain.

Last edited by mpx : 21st June 2011 at 19:21.
Old 25th June 2011, 18:48     #446
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
A criminal investigation is under way into an undercover police officer's confession that he lied in court and wrongfully sent at least 150 people to prison.
In his confession, he said he could not guess the number of people who were convicted and imprisoned "because of my lies" as he stopped counting arrests at 150, halfway through his three-year undercover stint.

"In every case I lied to the courts and I lied to the juries to obtain convictions against my targets.

"Telling lies was easy - 'policemen don't tell lies' - and my targets never stood a chance."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10734401

Winning hearts and minds since ages ago.
Old 25th June 2011, 19:43     #447
fixed_truth

The cop sounds pretty fucked up psychologically from realising what he did was wrong. Now that's karma.
Old 25th June 2011, 20:58     #448
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
The cop sounds pretty fucked up psychologically from realising what he did was wrong. Now that's karma.
That is some piss weak karma.

Real karma would be he just got gang banged by at least 150 guys but stopped counting halfway through.

Actually even that sounds like piss weak karma.

Fuck karma.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:19     #449
Sirens Song

Yeah bro, hot nails .. ball sack ... tough talk .. hard core... Fuck da poleece bro!!!111!!

Hey, I'm as cynical of the thug ridden NZ police force as the next guy but at least this crap sack came forward to put a well deserved and very public blemish on the nose of the NZ police.

Your generic tough talk just makes you sound like a angsty teen who smokes weed to be a bad ass.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:37     #450
StN
I have detailed files

He is a Jedi, you know...
Old 25th June 2011, 23:33     #451
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirens Song
at least this crap sack came forward to put a well deserved and very public blemish on the nose of the NZ police.
...and the hundreds of innocent people who went to jail?
Old 25th June 2011, 23:44     #452
CCS
Stunt Pants

They'll get lots of luverly compo!
Old 26th June 2011, 00:12     #453
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirens Song
Yeah bro, hot nails .. ball sack ... tough talk .. hard core... Fuck da poleece bro!!!111!!

Hey, I'm as cynical of the thug ridden NZ police force as the next guy but at least this crap sack came forward to put a well deserved and very public blemish on the nose of the NZ police.

Your generic tough talk just makes you sound like a angsty teen who smokes weed to be a bad ass.
Mine is generic tough talk?

Comprehension time dipshit.

1. "150 and I stopped counting people in jail by lying"
2. "mental anguish from doing that shit I did that was way cunty"

These are not equal in any remote shape or form.

1. "150 and I stopped counting people in jail by lying"
2. "150 and I stopped counting guys raping me"

Probably closer to equal.

If one were to espouse karma I think the latter would be closer to the concept of karma. Being sorry for being a cunt I don't seem to recall as being considered karma.

If it was Hitler would be reincarnated as an art student.
Old 26th June 2011, 00:50     #454
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor
If one were to espouse karma I think the latter would be closer to the concept of karma.
The karma that you're talking about sounds like some nonsensical supernatural retributive based justice that's built into the cause and effect of the universe.

I see Karma as when the doer of negative actions experiences bad effects from these actions. Here it's the guys guilty conscious and probably going to jail.

Him getting gang-banged couldn't really be karma unless it happened as a result of his actions.
Old 26th June 2011, 02:51     #455
tor

Quote:
The karma that you're talking about sounds like some nonsensical supernatural retributive based justice that's built into the cause and effect of the universe...
uhhh. Really? You mean my definition of karma is the same as the accepted definition of karma? It is almost like you read the wikipedia opening paragraph definition of karma and then said it was wrong. Like you even used the same words!

Personally I would have added that god or the universe has a peverse sense of humour but I don't think that is so traditional in the invisble friend community.

All this time I have the oingo boingo song Helpless in my head hehehehe
Old 26th June 2011, 02:56     #456
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
They'll get lots of luverly compo!
Well they were probably largely also cunts and so won't get it and if they did they probably don't deserve it (largely). I really hope no genuinely innocent people got fucked over by him.

Hate to say I agree with cyc but if the cops would stop being idiots it would make things better.

Unlike cyc I think that mostly the cops do their job properly and avoid the corruption and half arsed thinking.

And even though I think rabid tools like cyc are a bit dickish as people I understand why society needs those dicks that devote their lives to keeping the guards honest.
Old 26th June 2011, 09:22     #457
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
...and the hundreds of innocent people who went to jail?
It's a big call to term them innocent. Fabricating evidence to ensure the commitment of a criminal otherwise too clever / lucky to get the right conviction is naughty; but is it really inevitably all that bad? I suspect the overall circumstances matter in deciding.

Perhaps what's needed is a full list of what each of these people had actually done against which a value assessment of whether a period behind bars is okay.

If say 80% plus of those who ended up in jail should have gone to jail if all of the truth of everything they had done was known then I'm inclined to think that overall this was a pretty good outcome.

Last edited by Golden Teapot : 26th June 2011 at 09:24.
Old 26th June 2011, 10:10     #458
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor
uhhh. Really? You mean my definition of karma is the same as the accepted definition of karma?
Wrong. Only mentioning this because it bugs me so many of us Westerners seem to consider Karma as supernatural (aka bullshit) force than a self evident principle. It has nothing to do with what you deserve, or morality or any of the hypocritical bullshit people come up with to justify what happens to them and other people. Even from the wikipedia article you mentioned

"In general, followers of the Buddhism and many followers of Hinduism traditions consider the natural laws of causation sufficient to explain the effects of karma"

The dumbass version of karma where there is some universal track record of peoples 'karma' where it randomly dishes out punishment/reward is fucking RETARDED. As in only a retard could believe in it. Like Astrology.

edit - I love how GT defends lying to send people to prison. Honestly man why will you not move to America you will love it there so much. Maybe you can watch an unarmed black man get shot because he might have been armed.

GT if you are a troll well grrr.

Last edited by JP : 26th June 2011 at 10:14.
Old 26th June 2011, 10:45     #459
fixed_truth

I think most of what tor posts between 9:30pm & 6:00am can be written off as drunken ramblings
Old 26th June 2011, 11:24     #460
crocos

Quote:
I think most of what tor posts between 6:01am & 6:00am can be written off as drunken ramblings
FTFY

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 7th July 2011, 14:42     #461
Lightspeed

http://www.3news.co.nz/Autistic-face...5/Default.aspx
Old 7th July 2011, 15:10     #462
Cynos

Well, you do have to prepared to plead guilty to get diversion generally it's the cops who make the rules on it.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:12     #463
Mojo

GT is the kind of guy who turns out to be a kiddie fiddler. I called it, for the record.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:22     #464
Mojo

"Told a jury that an accused drug dealer sold "buddha sticks" to him. The drugs were actually sold to someone else."

My uncle always goes on about smoking "buddha sticks" in the '70s, if nothing else this gives credence to his claims. My uncles, not the cops.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:39     #465
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Heh, this was probably denied because he accused the cops of beating him up. Either way, going to trial on something like this involving a person of this profile is just a waste of taxpayers' money.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:41     #466
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynos
Well, you do have to prepared to plead guilty to get diversion generally it's the cops who make the rules on it.
Quite true, but this guy probably doesn't have the mental capacity to comprehend fully what he did.
Old 7th July 2011, 16:20     #467
Trigger
Laserman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Either way, going to trial on something like this involving a person of this profile is just a waste of taxpayers' money.
Clearly a fucking criminal scumbag that needs to be hung. Autism, aspergers, and was trying to steal LIGHT FIXTURES ONLY. What a badass thug, he was moments away from raping all the white women and looting 50" plasma TVs left right centre. Hope they tazered him at least 50 times as they apprehended him.
Better set an example of him so people suffering from a mental illness can never committ petty insignificant acts of nothiness ever again! God forbid some light fixtures get stolen from a pile of rubble...
The only solution is to make his family suffer and spend thousands on lawyers + thousands of tax payer money on legal costs cause this is totally going to prove a point. Nobody will ever shine a laser at a plan^H^H^H^H steal light fixtures again!

Last edited by Trigger : 7th July 2011 at 16:22.
Old 7th July 2011, 18:19     #468
dylan
Huh?

Today was the first time I heard (noticed / comprehended) that he wasn't acting alone. Which was a fact I found somewhat interesting
Old 7th July 2011, 18:36     #469
Poppet

Was talking to the guys sister today, I've known her for years, met Aire once or twice as well.
He's pretty much a looped out space cadet at the best of times.
Cops are claiming in court that he was extremely drunk, though he's never drunk in his life he sometimes seems that way cos he's wacko.
From reading the news reports I thought he was making away with a big swag bag of ornate light fittings but turns out it was one singular light bulb which the cops punched into his face on the scene.
The owners of the building had no idea it happened on their premises and only got informed last week immediately denouncing the police after meeting Aire and tried to get the charges dropped unsuccessfully.

He's already spent 2 months in jail pre-hearing and today catching a bus home from court the bus driver took one look at him and said "I know you, you're trouble GET OFF MY BUS!" and tried to get his fat ass off his chair so Aire ran then walked home to Queenspark from town.

So you'd better think twice before you try pocket a lightbulb from a collapsed building, you'll get your face caved in, sent to jail and made a public figure of humiliation whether you're a downsie or not NO MERCY! FOR CHRISTCHURCH! FOR VICTORY! TO THE DEATH!
Old 7th July 2011, 18:54     #470
Mojo

:O

Dirty fucking brown onion ring mother fuckers.

"So you want to be a bus driver ?"

"Yea I'm ignorant, racist, can't look after my own body and woman seem to be uncomfortable around me."

"Perfect, you're hired."
Old 8th July 2011, 09:17     #471
leadinjector

yeah im having difficulty comprehending the whole thing, isnt this sort of stuff exactly what diversion is for? the guy isnt exactly dangerous, hes about as big as my grandma and probably worse in a fight (then again my grandma is an old irish catholic who swears like a sailor and had 6 kids)

how is it a good look for the police to prosecute the guy considering they whupped his autistic ass for stealing a fucking lightbulb? isnt this the sort of thing they would want to sweep under the rug?
Old 8th July 2011, 11:29     #472
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I think what the media coverage is telling us is that people who complain about how they're treated by the police do not get diversion.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:55     #473
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I think what the media coverage is telling us is that people who complain about how they're treated by the police do not get diversion.
Boy, if what's in this article has the slightest bit of truth, things are just getting better and better for the cops in relation to this little incident:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10737782

Old 11th July 2011, 18:33     #474
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Boy, if what's in this article has the slightest bit of truth, things are just getting better and better for the cops in relation to this little incident:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10737782

Yeah, when i watched it last night on TV they ended it with "We asked the Police if they'd like to comment, and they have advised us that we are under criminal investigation for running this story."
Old 11th July 2011, 19:38     #475
cyc
Objection!

I am absolutely at a loss as to what criminal offence TVNZ could have committed. Regardless, it's just dumb to be SEEN AS making a threat to silent the media over something controversial, regardless of the actual intent. And this is giving things the best possible spin for the cops.

NZ police -- committed to looking like dickheads... daily.
Old 11th July 2011, 19:52     #476
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
I am absolutely at a loss as to what criminal offence TVNZ could have committed.
Making the police look bad. Which is, you know, terrorism. Or something.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:49     #477
madmaxii

cyc, I don't always agree with you but this time there is no question.

I suspect the cops have no feet or ammo left.
Old 11th July 2011, 23:42     #478
cyc
Objection!

It's nigh on inevitable that even if this guy were convicted, he will nonetheless be discharged without a conviction owing to his special circumstances. The "victims" don't want a prosecution, a judge has said three times this is stupid, and it's plain as daylight to anyone with an ounce of sense that the cops are trying to save face. In the course of doing so, they are looking dumber and dumber.

One also has to chuckle over Erasmus' little "This is before the courts, we have no further comment!" stunt. They are allowed to get in their wee "We didn't beat him up!" piece (frankly he went further than that and in fact went close to alleging a frabication) but then puts up a "You ran a story on this, we are investigating you!" line. For what, he of course won't say. Very classy schoolyard bully stuff.
Old 16th July 2011, 14:20     #479
cyc
Objection!

Hahahaa even Paul Holmes gets it

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=10738772

Boy, this is actually a pretty hard-hitting piece. Incidentally, we haven't heard from E-ASS-Mus from the cops for a while. Probably thinking about where to direct his revenge. Maybe Holmes will be investigated for a criminal offence after this.
Old 16th July 2011, 15:10     #480
Mojo

Does anyone know of any protests or action in regard to this ? I just don't know wtf kind of country this is where something like this is out in the open plain as day to see and no body with the clout to do anything about it is lifting a finger.