NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 15th October 2013, 02:44     #34681
BaM
Freeloader

Flatmate came home and woke me at 1am to tell me someone has jacked up my car and stolen all four wheels. Pretty fucked off now.
Old 15th October 2013, 08:03     #34682
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

I didn't know you lived in waitangirua.. :/
Old 15th October 2013, 10:06     #34683
BaM
Freeloader

Me either? Insurance company says this hardly ever happens. Awesome.

If anyone knows where to get *any* wheels to fit a W126 merc, 5x112 bolt pattern, ET20-30, let me know eh? They're fucking hard to find. Just after anything to get the car mobile again.
Old 15th October 2013, 10:08     #34684
Lightspeed

Sheeeit. :/
Old 15th October 2013, 11:28     #34685
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

jesus. that sucks!
Old 15th October 2013, 12:24     #34686
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

On the Trade Me: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-650503978.htm

$90 for a rangi set to get you moving until insurance comes through? Says pickup only, but a courier will get em for ya.
Old 15th October 2013, 12:38     #34687
BaM
Freeloader

Nice work - ta.
Old 15th October 2013, 20:41     #34688
aR Que

either a specific steal, or someones going to be gutted -> sell. -> trademe.

you'd wanna get the tyres taken off and shipped depot to depot, imo.

edit: if going to wellingtion
Old 15th October 2013, 21:55     #34689
BaM
Freeloader

Stolen to order IMO (and according to the towie today). There's not a lot of cars these days that they'll fit on.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:25     #34690
Cyberbob

Good friend of my missus was killed last night cycling home from work when she was struck by the stabilising leg of a passing truck. Her younger son just turned 1 in the weekend
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:42     #34691
Lightspeed

Geez, that's brutal.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:48     #34692
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Good friend of my missus was killed last night cycling home from work when she was struck by the stabilising leg of a passing truck. Her younger son just turned 1 in the weekend
Rural road or city road? That is just awful man
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:38     #34693
Juju
get to da choppa

Suburban by the looks of this article.

Shitty luck man.
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:31     #34694
Savage

Condolences Bob
Old 26th October 2013, 15:23     #34695
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Armageddon expo causes traffic chaos
11:53 AM Saturday Oct 26, 2013

Armageddon has struck parts of Auckland hard, with traffic backed up around the pop culture expo.

Traffic congestion is blocking State Highway 1 in both directions around the Greenlane motorway exit.

Frustrated motorists are queued up to Panama Rd on the northbound, and Newmarket Rd on the southbound.

Police advise the delays are not expected to clear in the near future.
This shit pisses me off. The traffic is fucked because it's labour weekend. At 1pm today, SH1 going through Albany was fucked. That's a long way from the Armageddon expo. Looking at the traffic on google maps, the traffic is shitty in Greelane Road which is what happens every time there is an expo at the showgrounds. Both google and nzta are showing that the traffic on SH1 around Greenlane is free flowing.

Hey NZ Herald, stop reporting bullshit eh?
Old 26th October 2013, 18:48     #34696
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'll tell you what else rapes my tits. We never have any 'get together' type shit where I work. We never even have Friday drinks on account of we all work shifts. So somebody has pulled finger and organised something fun that the company is paying for that we can all go to. Yay!

The manager is going. Fair enough. But his boss is going too. This guy walks past us a million times a day and never even says hello. And his boss, the HoD is coming along too. How the fuck can we have fun with the brass hanging around? How can I call my co-workers cunts with the boss breathing down my neck? These fuckers never want anything to do with us during the working week and now they want to show up at our get together and be all buddy-buddy? Fuck off, assholes. This is for us, not you.
Old 26th October 2013, 20:23     #34697
BoyWonder

Well you see there are some that will sit there taking a roll call of management and cynically point out who was "too good" to mingle with the minions. Maybe what you want to do is organise your own event with just the cunts you want to call cunts who won't mind being called a cunt.
Old 26th October 2013, 20:26     #34698
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
Well you see there are some that will sit there taking a roll call of management and cynically point out who was "too good" to mingle with the minions.
There's that, but if they don't mingle with the minions any other time and then only show up for the photo op, then it's not really sincere, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
Maybe what you want to do is organise your own event with just the cunts you want to call cunts who won't mind being called a cunt.
If work will pay for it, fuck yeah!
Old 4th November 2013, 11:03     #34699
aR Que

People that claim that they are 'nice.'

They're the first to pull the 'ole switcharoo turncoat on ya.
Old 5th November 2013, 14:13     #34700
Cyberbob

Microsoft.

Fucking fucks.

Exchange 2013 with Enterprise CAL's for online archiving, awesome.

Outlook 2013 that comes with Office 2013 Standard, doesn't see the archive.

Outlook 2013 that comes with Office 2013 Professional plus, sees the archive.

Exactly the same client app, but $250 more expensive. Because Monopoly.
Old 5th November 2013, 16:04     #34701
BoyWonder

Yeah I had that last year - turn on Archive? Sounds like a good idea!

Works for me!
Not me
Not me

Hmmmm... Oh shit...
Old 5th November 2013, 16:18     #34702
mpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I'll tell you what else rapes my tits. We never have any 'get together' type shit where I work. We never even have Friday drinks on account of we all work shifts. So somebody has pulled finger and organised something fun that the company is paying for that we can all go to. Yay!

The manager is going. Fair enough. But his boss is going too. This guy walks past us a million times a day and never even says hello. And his boss, the HoD is coming along too. How the fuck can we have fun with the brass hanging around? How can I call my co-workers cunts with the boss breathing down my neck? These fuckers never want anything to do with us during the working week and now they want to show up at our get together and be all buddy-buddy? Fuck off, assholes. This is for us, not you.
The super big boss at our work doesn't know any of us, but gives us a bullshit email every Friday about what he's learnt or how he's connecting with the people or some horseshit like that. He's so disconnecting it's laughable, he is literally a walking contradiction and has absolutely no tact due to his ignorance. One Friday he sent an email out congratulating everyone and telling them to pat themselves on the back for doing great work - at the EXACT time dozens upon dozens of reduancies were being handed out because of "restructuring".

I don't know anyone who reads his emails anymore, as soon as they pop up everyone goes "Ugh" and you hear simultaneous clicks of "delete".
Old 5th November 2013, 16:52     #34703
aR Que

I hope you yell bah leted.
Old 5th November 2013, 17:17     #34704
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
The super big boss at our work doesn't know any of us, but gives us a bullshit email every Friday about what he's learnt or how he's connecting with the people or some horseshit like that. He's so disconnecting it's laughable, he is literally a walking contradiction and has absolutely no tact due to his ignorance. One Friday he sent an email out congratulating everyone and telling them to pat themselves on the back for doing great work - at the EXACT time dozens upon dozens of reduancies were being handed out because of "restructuring".

I don't know anyone who reads his emails anymore, as soon as they pop up everyone goes "Ugh" and you hear simultaneous clicks of "delete".
Lolarious.

The two managers were, mercifully, absent from our outing. One had a prior golfing engagement and the HoD didn't show up. This is the same HoD who announced a particular area was getting restructured and people were going to lose their jobs and then she immediately fucked off on holiday. Real cool. At around the same time, the company had a shindig to say "My aren't we fabulous!" I'm sure the about-to-be-jobless were in a total party mood.
Old 5th November 2013, 17:57     #34705
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

Had a boss a while back who handled this in just the right way. He'd come along, open a tab, have two drinks, and leave. We appreciated him being one of the boys, and we appreciated his absence so we could blow off steam.
Old 5th November 2013, 18:41     #34706
mpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Lolarious.

The two managers were, mercifully, absent from our outing. One had a prior golfing engagement and the HoD didn't show up. This is the same HoD who announced a particular area was getting restructured and people were going to lose their jobs and then she immediately fucked off on holiday. Real cool. At around the same time, the company had a shindig to say "My aren't we fabulous!" I'm sure the about-to-be-jobless were in a total party mood.
Man, super bosses can be real cunts! At least my boss, my boss' boss and my boss' boss' boss are cool and relatable. (I think there's like 2, maybe 3 more bosses above them). Ahhh, public sector, how weird you are.
Old 5th November 2013, 18:44     #34707
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sounds like a good way to do it.

I mean, don't get me wrong - it's nice that the company paid for our little outing. But, our boss said "Yeah, I'd like to do something like this at least once a year." Every other cunting department has money for drinks every Friday. They find it in their budget. Friday drinks doesn't work for us, so why can't our group have a slice of the departmental drinks budget to a least subsidise something for us, say, each quarter?

Anyway, rah rah rah work's a bitch etc.
Old 5th November 2013, 18:45     #34708
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Man, super bosses can be real cunts! At least my boss, my boss' boss and my boss' boss' boss are cool and relatable. (I think there's like 2, maybe 3 more bosses above them). Ahhh, public sector, how weird you are.
You know what they say, people rise to their level of incompetence.
Old 5th November 2013, 18:53     #34709
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Friday drinks doesn't work for us, so why can't our group have a slice of the departmental drinks budget to a least subsidise something for us, say, each quarter?
Sounds like an opportunity for a results-driven individual to demonstrate leadership and ORGANISE an event then pitch it to management for budget.
Old 5th November 2013, 19:11     #34710
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah sure, after being told by my boss that we don't have any budget for entertainment? I'm sure I'll put something to him at some point in coming financial year and I know that some senior staff intend to put a case forward for some cash. But you gotta remember: the boss is stingy as hell and doesn't see the value in staff having small events for the sake of... y'know, having events in lieu of drinks, for team bonding etc. Our little outing recently was only as a reward for the work we put in to a recent event. Not because it would be a Good Thing to do for staff to... y'know... be nice.
Old 5th November 2013, 19:52     #34711
mpx

I've been asking for a new keyboard for four years lol, "Sorry, can't, budget is just TOO TIGHT!" While they spend up large on random shit. "Sorry, can't, there's a hiring freeze!" As they hire multiple people...

A fucking keyboard man, that's all I want and I'm not buying my own purely out of principle!
Old 5th November 2013, 20:54     #34712
Lightspeed

That's some Grade A bullshit right there.

I'd fuck with them out of principle.
Old 5th November 2013, 20:56     #34713
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah, because mpx sure has a strong negotiating position at his workplace.
Old 5th November 2013, 20:58     #34714
Lightspeed

I am well aware of mpx's position, it wasn't a suggestion. I would be in a different negotiating position (due to differences in responsibilities and care factor.)
Old 5th November 2013, 21:45     #34715
mpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yeah, because mpx sure has a strong negotiating position at his workplace.
Haha, yeah - I keep a pretty low profile :P I work super hard and keep the upper tier happy with my progress.

Although I did get wind of them testing out new silent keyboards in Hamilton, and I looked at my boss and was like, "REALLY? HAMILTON?"
Old 6th November 2013, 09:47     #34716
Jodi

Just break your keyboard over your bosses fucking head so he'll have to get you a new one.
Old 6th November 2013, 10:12     #34717
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Had a boss a while back who handled this in just the right way. He'd come along, open a tab, have two drinks, and leave.
Be a boss like a boss.
Old 7th November 2013, 18:16     #34718
Jodi

Having a cold on my Birthday grinds my gears. Fucking cold.
Old 12th November 2013, 21:57     #34719
Lightspeed

At work:

At home:

Old 14th November 2013, 12:00     #34720
Lightspeed

Think I should have stayed in bed this morning...

Go to drive into work, engine light stays on, it sounds like one of the cylinders isn't firing. I have tomorrow off so I figured I'll sort it out then, catch the bus instead. Go to catch the bus (which is 10 minutes late), but they've changed bus cards in the last couple of days, so I can't get on. So I decide I'll drive the car to the mechanic and walk in from there which is what I do. Get into work, the main tool I use for managing my workload is under a DDOS attack.