NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 2nd August 2013, 10:18     #34401
pxpx

gmg that some idiot on my floor has not yet learnt that the toilets cannot flush 2 full rolls of toilet paper in one go without several courtesy flushes.

As a result, the toilets have flooded. Again. :|
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:17     #34402
Lightspeed

I often wonder what the heck is going on in these people's lives that things like toilets are such a struggle to master. Crazy shit, no doubt.
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:23     #34403
BaM
Freeloader

Paint shop estimate to get my car back: two days, then five days, and now nine days.

Don't these cunts even know how long it takes to do their job?
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:31     #34404
mpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
gmg that some idiot on my floor has not yet learnt that the toilets cannot flush 2 full rolls of toilet paper in one go without several courtesy flushes.

Try working with 60+ year old men who think they can still piss standing up without turning into a sprinkler.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:10     #34405
Savage

Quote:

We recently had a urinal get blocked in the men's room near our work area. The building has "magic flush" auto flush sensors installed which automatically flush the urinals when people walk away from them. This of course, led to the blocked urinal getting closer and closer to overflowing, while we awaited the building plumber to come and address the blockage. I was (depressingly) not terribly surprised to see some ass clowns still taking a piss into the near-to-overflowing urinal Sure enough, it ended up overflowing and the same brainiacs were treading the urinal piss-and-water mixture all over the bathroom floor, into the corridor outside and into the work areas.

Fantastic.

Glad it wasn't in the middle of Brisbane summer.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:16     #34406
Cyberbob

Writing RFP responses.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:41     #34407
p01s0n

we noticed this thing hasn't been changed for literally 15 years, so we made changes to the config and now it's better, except a whole bunch of shit like exchange access and SAV liveupdate are now broken for the staff which you (not us) support.
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:19     #34408
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaM
Paint shop estimate to get my car back: two days, then five days, and now nine days.

Don't these cunts even know how long it takes to do their job?
booths can control temp, but humidity is difficult, if too high can cause blushing (or is it blooming?). could be the reason?
Old 4th August 2013, 14:22     #34409
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 4th August 2013, 14:26     #34410
CCS
Stunt Pants

Five points per each!
Old 4th August 2013, 15:43     #34411
mpx

That would be such a great opportunity to just have an everlasting press on the horn, something I've always wanted to do for some reason. I am very liberal with my car horn :D
Old 4th August 2013, 16:04     #34412
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hey, overweight middle-aged men in tight lycra are road users too!
Old 4th August 2013, 16:07     #34413
CCS
Stunt Pants

Oh, they're overweight? They're only worth 3 points then. They're easier to hit.

Speaking of horns, gave some cunt a good blast today when he decided that red lights don't apply to him and he nearly hit me and another car.
Old 4th August 2013, 16:10     #34414
pxpx

Is the single file thing an actual law, or is it just good manners?

Also, saw a motorbike ignore a red arrow today, casual as.. just treated it like a give way almost.
Old 4th August 2013, 16:34     #34415
TheBender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
A picture equals a thousand words moments right there.

(and if I've got the place right, there is a shared footpath/cycle lane - albeit a shitty one - right alongside this)

Anyway, I'm a weekend cyclist (yup middle aged overweight guy, but no lycra) and struggled to understand the hatred towards cyclists from motorists until I drove in this area and understood why.
Old 4th August 2013, 16:58     #34416
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

IDG the "pro cycling team" lycra outfit thing. When I go out for a ride and work up a sweat I grab whatever is the dirtiest crappiest clothing I can find in the 30 seconds before I leave the house, usually a grubby t-shirt and old rugby shorts.
Old 4th August 2013, 17:48     #34417
Lightspeed

Good targeted marketing I imagine. And lycra fetishists.
Old 4th August 2013, 18:58     #34418
MadMax
Stuff

Apparently them rugby shorts won't be so comfy after riding in them for a few hours every day
Old 4th August 2013, 20:17     #34419
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lycra-clad faggot right there ^^^
Old 4th August 2013, 21:27     #34420
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Apparently them rugby shorts won't be so comfy after riding in them for a few hours every day
I don't understand how you've managed to consolidate fat middle aged men cycling with the likelihood of them exercising for 2 hours every day.
Old 4th August 2013, 22:19     #34421
CCS
Stunt Pants

Conciliate. Not consolidate
Old 4th August 2013, 22:37     #34422
mpx

Quote:
Is the single file thing an actual law, or is it just good manners?

Also, saw a motorbike ignore a red arrow today, casual as.. just treated it like a give way almost.
I always thought two abreast was legal and anything more wasn't - I'm not sure though. If I'm going to Mission Bay or anywhere around that coastline I always go on my motorcycle because it's so fucking scary driving a car there. Those cyclists are like bees zipping everywhere.

The cycle lanes are pretty ratshit though, tree roots uplifting them to 45 degree angles and shit, but they still don't need to drive in the complete middle of the road when there's ample room on the side, or ride five abreast and have a chat about their morning latte while going 10kph.
Old 6th August 2013, 10:02     #34423
MadMax
Stuff

Hi I need you to fix this problem but I'm super busy so can you fix it by email?
Old 6th August 2013, 17:10     #34424
p01s0n

was having a fucking awesome day right up until some fucking asshole started talking shit about me on the internet.
Old 6th August 2013, 17:41     #34425
Lightspeed

Don't let no buggers on the internet rustle ya, mate!
Old 6th August 2013, 17:50     #34426
xor

I wonder what pie is like at dealing with end users. Tell us a story in the life of pie, pie
Old 6th August 2013, 18:15     #34427
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
IDG the "pro cycling team" lycra outfit thing. When I go out for a ride and work up a sweat I grab whatever is the dirtiest crappiest clothing I can find in the 30 seconds before I leave the house, usually a grubby t-shirt and old rugby shorts.
Do an > 80km ride then report back, might pay to say your goodbyes to your nipples before you set out.

Last edited by wugambino : 6th August 2013 at 18:16.
Old 6th August 2013, 18:21     #34428
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wugambino
Do an > 80km ride then report back, might pay to say your goodbyes to your nipples before you set out.
Oh man, dem bleeding nips
Old 6th August 2013, 18:33     #34429
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I wonder what pie is like at dealing with end users. Tell us a story in the life of pie, pie
today my desk phone rang and some lady asked me if i was free to come look at her issue and i told her i was a bit busy at the moment but i could come later on in the day, maybe around 4.00 sorta. she seemed happy enough with that and said 'i'll let you get back to it' so we said our goodbyes and hung up and then i unpaused this vid and went back to watching it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKDu6cdXLI
Old 6th August 2013, 19:01     #34430
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
I don't understand how you've managed to consolidate fat middle aged men cycling with the likelihood of them exercising for 2 hours every day.
ab he called you fat!
Old 6th August 2013, 19:38     #34431
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
today my desk phone rang and some lady asked me if i was free to come look at her issue and i told her i was a bit busy at the moment but i could come later on in the day, maybe around 4.00 sorta. she seemed happy enough with that and said 'i'll let you get back to it' so we said our goodbyes and hung up and then i unpaused this vid and went back to watching it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKDu6cdXLI
What did you do then?
Old 6th August 2013, 20:33     #34432
p01s0n

Watched a bit more YouTube, browsed some car forums, got some fresh water for my bottle.
Old 6th August 2013, 20:42     #34433
CCS
Stunt Pants

And then?
Old 6th August 2013, 21:48     #34434
p01s0n

idk man the details are kinda hazy tbh.
at some point i found out triggs been talking shit about me to cevin, saying i wear fedoras and shit, that rustled me up pretty good.
had a roast chicken roll for lunch.

my workplace is kinda boring during the winter months tbh, students covering up and deep in study mode, just day to day computer janitorin really. much better during summer when we can go to the beach/get ice creams etc.
Old 7th August 2013, 03:50     #34435
creamcheese

AMBER Alerts in the middle(ish) of the night grind my gears, and fucking terrify me at the same time.

Just before 11 last night as I was happily dozing off, all the iPhones in the house start broadcasting some emergency signal alerting us that some shit was going down with a Blue Nissan Versa. Not having a clue what the hell an AMBER alert was, here's me thinking it was some shitty compact car loaded with explosives bout to blow some shit up. Turns out some kids got boosted all the way down in San Diego so the powers that be decided to wake all of California up just in case.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for not abducting kids or whatever, but you don't have to wake a nigger up over it.
Old 7th August 2013, 07:52     #34436
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
saying i wear fedoras and shit
Yeah, I could believe that.
Old 7th August 2013, 08:43     #34437
StN
I have detailed files

Old 7th August 2013, 10:58     #34438
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamcheese
AMBER Alerts in the middle(ish) of the night grind my gears, and fucking terrify me at the same time.
Gotta keep 'muricans scared in the absence of genuine threat somehow.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:58     #34439
MadMax
Stuff

Well ain't that the dilemma. Not obnoxious, they don't get heard. Too loud and everyone just turns it off ...
Old 7th August 2013, 14:48     #34440
DevilWTKC

Quote:
Unfortunately there are lots of sets of lights out there that dont have their sensitivity set high enough to pick up a motorcycle, so it's possible you can end up waiting somewhere forever.
Conveniently you've just reminded me that I need to contact the council to sort out a set of lights near my house for exactly that.