Fuck you CAD.

'What should we do for the 2012 addition?'
'make it shit?'
'Don't you mean, shittier?'
'lulz, yea, fuck the ops.'
Old 15th August 2011, 22:17     #30282
doppelgänger of someone

Crying

Loving Arsenal is to understand the meaning of LOVE HURTS.
Old 16th August 2011, 00:37     #30283
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Fuck you CAD.

'What should we do for the 2012 addition?'
'make it shit?'
'Don't you mean, shittier?'
'lulz, yea, fuck the ops.'
lolling @ this post
Old 16th August 2011, 11:29     #30284
StN
I have detailed files

When you just finish digging out the driveway for the second time in two days, and it starts snowing again.

At least it's better than silt. Lighter, fluffier, and if you miss a bit, it just melts.
Old 16th August 2011, 14:01     #30285
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Spilled rum&coke on my zboard fang keypad and killed it. And it appears they don't make them anymore, so I'll have to get used to a regular keyboard again
Old 16th August 2011, 14:09     #30286
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Spilled rum&coke on my zboard fang keypad and killed it. And it appears they don't make them anymore, so I'll have to get used to a regular keyboard again
Yeah they've rebranded to another name now.

Still make "similar" things however (I have the zboard and the merc) merc is for my arcade/mame machine(dynamic key reconfiguration based on program etc.

Closest you can get is the MERC Steelseries.
http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 16th August 2011, 14:16     #30287
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Yeah steelseries sold the rebranded/recoloured Fang for a while but it's not on their US store anymore and google/pricespy can't find anywhere in NZ selling it. Google will point to a store page for seelseries international, but I can't get to that page from the storefront itself so it's likely a relic.

The Merc isn't really suited to a left-hander though, which is the huge advantage the Fang had over things like the Razer/Belikin Nostromo or Logitech G13. The positioning of 1-6 and 7-11 keys in two rows was handy for MMO gaming also.
Old 16th August 2011, 14:22     #30288
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Yeah steelseries sold the rebranded/recoloured Fang for a while but it's not on their US store anymore and google/pricespy can't find anywhere in NZ selling it. Google will point to a store page for seelseries international, but I can't get to that page from the storefront itself so it's likely a relic.

The Merc isn't really suited to a left-hander though, which is the huge advantage the Fang had over things like the Razer/Belikin Nostromo or Logitech G13. The positioning of 1-6 and 7-11 keys in two rows was handy for MMO gaming also.
Yeah I'm using the G13 stopped/bungy corded to my lazy boy. Pretty much for the same reasons ... cept now I couldnt do without the stick and freedom of no wads... took a bit but now love it.

Pretty good for me. But yeah no lefties :/

You might be in with a change that an EBgames still has one? Only places I can recall seeing one on the shelf (I'll keep my peepers open next time I take a paruse.)

Otherwise: http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/19833-fang
?

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by ^BITES^ : 16th August 2011 at 14:25.
Old 16th August 2011, 17:34     #30289
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Have you tried opening it and cleaning the sticky shit out?

Usually Coke leaves the madd stickies inside, but I managed to fix my MS Natural keyboard by cleaning it thoroughly.
Old 16th August 2011, 17:41     #30290
BloodDonor

wearing the black paint of the WASD keys on my X6, which is less than a year old

Old 16th August 2011, 20:47     #30291
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodDonor
wearing the black paint of the WASD keys on my X6, which is less than a year old
Do you use handcream? Most of the time when I've seen that it has been a woman's keyboard due to the aforementioned substance.
Old 16th August 2011, 22:01     #30292
crocos

Waiting for Hudson to finish a build so I can go home if it's worked.

At least it's build#256

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 16th August 2011, 23:37     #30293
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Do you use handcream? Most of the time when I've seen that it has been a woman's keyboard due to the aforementioned substance.
Yep. For sure. That's totally why uhh....my keyboard's letters have started to come off.

Hand cream.

Definitely
Old 17th August 2011, 00:15     #30294
CCS
Stunt Pants

Gotta moisturise those hands after fapping all day. Lots of rubbing, dries the hands.
Old 17th August 2011, 00:37     #30295
chiQ
Frag-muff

It's so cold that my poor, butchered shoulders ache like hell. Two days of this and I'm about ready to cry.
Old 17th August 2011, 10:10     #30296
crocos

At least today looks warmer.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 17th August 2011, 18:55     #30297
Cereal Killar

Stupid women who don't look properly before pulling out of a driveway onto a main road.

For Aucklanders, I was on Rosebank Rd just before the New North Road insection lights (by the Avondale Racecourse) driving along at 50kph and suddenly this stupid bitch in a black WRX pulls out of a driveway in front of me, turning right. Slammed on the anchors and narrowly avoided hitting her (and thankfully no one was behind me at the time).

What is it with women trying to take my car out? Had a woman earlier this year successfully write-off my last car when it was parked on the side of the road, by plowing into the rear of it.
Old 17th August 2011, 19:11     #30298
CCS
Stunt Pants

Should've hit the bitch
Old 17th August 2011, 19:40     #30299
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killar
...What is it with women trying to take my car out? Had a woman earlier this year successfully write-off my last car when it was parked on the side of the road, by plowing into the rear of it.
They have a secret network and are avenging what you did to Sarah so long ago you have probably even forgotten.
Old 17th August 2011, 19:47     #30300
xor

Your car isn't silver is it?

My friend said the same thing started happening to her brother when he bought his car, which happens to be silver. Since I've bought a silver car I've had a few more close calls than I did when I had my old burgundy beauty :/
Old 17th August 2011, 21:00     #30301
Cereal Killar

White Toyota Corolla.

Self preservation entered the equation a little quicker than the idea of hitting the twit did, fortunately for her.
Old 17th August 2011, 21:03     #30302
chiQ
Frag-muff

xor: Silver cars are harder to see IMO. Try using your headlamps during the day and see if it goes back to the rate of near-misses you had before you bought that car.
Old 17th August 2011, 21:20     #30303
CCS
Stunt Pants

My old wine red integra (which is close enough to burrrgundy) was hit plenty by idiots reversing into it. Usually my car was either parked or travelling less than 20km at the time. Stoner reversing out of drive, learner driver reversing out of drive, old lady reversing out of parking spot, dumb receptionist reversing out of parking spot, dumb ginge kid reversing out of parking spot. All ending up in my car. Moral of the story, people are stupid and don't look when reversing. So naturally I don't believe buurrrgundy or any colour close to it is a good colour. What I do now is I drive everywhere with my hand on the horn.

Next time you hear someone drive past going BAAAAARRRRRRPP, give him a friendly wave.
Old 17th August 2011, 21:43     #30304
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
...So naturally I don't believe buurrrgundy or any colour close to it is a good colour. What I do now is I drive everywhere with my hand on the horn.
The inside of our helmet bars are painted red because red is a hard colour to see in peripheral vision (i.e it doesn't distract from the guy trying to hurt you).

If a car was red I would be surprised to find it was being missed because it was harder to see than silver.

Maybe silver reminds chicks of shitty engagement rings and engenders the rage?
Old 17th August 2011, 21:47     #30305
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
My old wine red integra (which is close enough to burrrgundy) was hit plenty by idiots reversing into it. Usually my car was either parked or travelling less than 20km at the time. Stoner reversing out of drive, learner driver reversing out of drive, old lady reversing out of parking spot, dumb receptionist reversing out of parking spot, dumb ginge kid reversing out of parking spot. All ending up in my car. Moral of the story, people are stupid and don't look when reversing. So naturally I don't believe buurrrgundy or any colour close to it is a good colour. What I do now is I drive everywhere with my hand on the horn.

Next time you hear someone drive past going BAAAAARRRRRRPP, give him a friendly wave.

True that. The woman who reversed into heavy traffic on SH1 and took me out swore black and blue that she had right of way...until my insurer used the recording they made of her telling her story to make sure I got my car fixed at her/her insurer's expense. I had my headlights on, but that didn't save me from her stupidity

An increase in near misses, if it's not coincidence, might be down to colour though.

Last edited by chiQ : 17th August 2011 at 21:48.
Old 17th August 2011, 21:48     #30306
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah, well... I have a white car now anyway. With a horn that goes BAAARRRRRPP!!!
Old 17th August 2011, 21:55     #30307
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I once built a generalised-linear model for a car insurance pricing exercise that included vehicle colour since I happened to have it.

For practical purposes colour has so little effect that it's not worth worrying about and that holds across all types of claims: theft, malicious damage, collision etc.

I've seen research that suggests our result was not atypical. And, I've bought research that happened to answer this question as a sideline claiming the same.

I believe I recall though that ACC once claimed silver cars are more frequently involved in fatal collisions and this makes sense to me since under certain conditions they blend into the colour of the road and so are hard to see.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:52     #30308
DevilWTKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
For practical purposes colour has so little effect that it's not worth worrying about and that holds across all types of claims: theft, malicious damage, collision etc.

I've seen research that suggests our result was not atypical. And, I've bought research that happened to answer this question as a sideline claiming the same.
Thats something that as a motorcyclist we have to battle daily. It doesn't matter what colour helmet you're wearing, it doesn't matter if you have a high vis vest on, it doesn't matter if you have your headlight on - you're still in danger of getting cleaned up because people just do not look.
When i say look, I mean actually look - not just a glance over their shoulder, or a vague head turn in a particular direction, but actually look and see.

NZ driving standards are atrocious and our pathetic licencing system is to blame. What sucks is no-one is doing anything about it.
Old 18th August 2011, 14:18     #30309
BloodDonor

Flatmate giving me the flu....

Old 18th August 2011, 14:24     #30310
A Corpse
talkative lurker

No donating for you for a while.
Old 18th August 2011, 14:25     #30311
p01s0n

mods ban crocos for account stealing
Old 18th August 2011, 14:54     #30312
BloodDonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
No donating for you for a while.
actually i havent been able to donate for ages now, but yeah lol

Old 18th August 2011, 15:08     #30313
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
xor: Silver cars are harder to see IMO. Try using your headlamps during the day and see if it goes back to the rate of near-misses you had before you bought that car.
My wagoon is big and red, so big and red in fact that people often make comments such as 'holy crap that's big and red'.

People still try to hit me.

Sometimes I let them.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:27     #30314
xor

Hilux right?

I fucken want one NOW!
Old 18th August 2011, 17:14     #30315
aR Que

4runner if you wanna be specific; hilux, in a surf body, with less / no accessories. Go go window winders.
Old 18th August 2011, 20:06     #30316
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
My **** is big and red, so big and red in fact that people often make comments such as 'holy crap that's big and red'.

People still try to hit me.

Sometimes I let them.
Old 18th August 2011, 21:19     #30317
madmaxii

Old 18th August 2011, 21:59     #30318
xor

Quote:
4runner if you wanna be specific; hilux, in a surf body, with less / no accessories. Go go window winders.
Damn son. Can you send me info regarding that ol' beat up hilux you got
email addy is in the profile
Old 18th August 2011, 22:50     #30319
aR Que

electronic mail has been sent into the tubes.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:50     #30320
aR Que

Shut up rq you fag.