User Name
Password

Old 17th January 2022, 13:43     #2361
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
All 6 of them?

Wow, they're really bringing the hospital to its knees.
you don't think 100% is a significant percentage?
Old 17th January 2022, 14:21     #2362
xor

Weird how there's talk about children and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and then you mention that, fixed_truth. Sicko
Old 17th January 2022, 15:06     #2363
The Edge

Quote:
I just ate a nectarine.
Cool story bro
Old 17th January 2022, 15:07     #2364
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Ah but it's only 6 people! That's the pertinent part. (/sarcasm)
Old 17th January 2022, 15:27     #2365
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
When the sample size is 6? No, I don't.

I realize that the unvax population are faring worse, and I'm not attempting to claim otherwise, but it's an exaggeration, and mathematically wrong, to conclude that only unvax people are ending up in ICU, based on a sample of 6 people in one hospital in one part of the world at one point in time.

Even on that same site, the woman in the video states that 20 people died "yesterday" - 14 were vaccinated, 6 were not. Surely if the unvaccinated are the only ones having problems, and the vaccine prevents death like it was supposed to, this would be 20 unvaccinated silly buggers and everyone else lived happily ever after.
Old 17th January 2022, 15:30     #2366
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
Cool story bro
One nectarine offers very little protection from COVID, but if I eat 3 of them, that's when the magic happens.
Old 17th January 2022, 15:52     #2367
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
the woman in the video states that 20 people died "yesterday" - 14 were vaccinated, 6 were not. Surely if the unvaccinated are the only ones having problems, and the vaccine prevents death like it was supposed to, this would be 20 unvaccinated silly buggers and everyone else lived happily ever after.
The 14 are from a group that is only 8.5% of the population. Multiply that number by 12.
Old 17th January 2022, 16:50     #2368
Cyberbob

Didn't I JUST cover this Mr Titus?

For those at the back of the class:

If vaccines didn't work, you'd see a proportional representation on cases and hospitalisations. If they were bad for you, you'd see a very VERY different graph

7% of the population, 64% of the hospitalistions.

Are you just ingoring this entirely because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Last edited by Cyberbob : 17th January 2022 at 16:51.
Old 17th January 2022, 16:59     #2369
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Ah, I get it. Bj training
Rainbow parties, if i recall the termonology correctly.
Old 17th January 2022, 18:37     #2370
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Are you just ingoring this entirely because it doesn't fit your narrative?
You don't need to explain to me how math works :P I'm not claiming that the vaccinated are dying in larger numbers than the unvaccinated, whether as a proportion or absolute.

Ab was implying that "only the unvaccinated are getting sick".

I'm making the point that for all this "get vaccinated", "pandemic of the unvaccinated", "vaccination will prevent death", etc, there is still a decent chunk of people dying from COVID, even while vaccinated. It is not as simple as "the vaccine prevents serious illness and death", because it doesn't always work.

Even Bob's post shows that somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of NZ hospitalisations are vaccinated people. The simple positive case numbers among the vaccinated are still very high. That, to me, is a significant number of "very rare breakthrough cases" from a vaccine that is "95% effective". It's a bit shit, really, but it's the only thing on the menu, and you have to keep eating it.

It's certainly not "100% of people in ICU are unvaccinated", or even close to it. And that's the problem with using a sample size of 6 from a single hospital.

To me, the varying effectiveness is still explained by INDIVIDUAL HEALTH CONDITIONS. Which is to say, when you actually check the backgrounds of the people dying "with" COVID, it's the usual suspects. You're not finding children and young healthy adults.
Old 17th January 2022, 22:49     #2371
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Casey Hodgkinson's story

Got her first dose of Pfizer, has been in a wheelchair since.
Old 18th January 2022, 05:23     #2372
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
You don't need to explain to me how math works :P I'm not claiming that the vaccinated are dying in larger numbers than the unvaccinated, whether as a proportion or absolute.

But, and I could be barking up the wrong tree here, we don't have an infinite resource to deal with hospitalisations. If the vaccine "flattens the curve" and less people are dependant on ICU, then the overall outcome will be better.

I don't think that cartoon above can say it any plainer.

Lockdown helped keep people out of ICU - because they were stuck at home day drinking, and not traversing Auckland going to sex parties (well, mostly) and driving drunk. Do we have any maths on how ICU admissions from serious vehicle crashes plummeted?

Or, perhaps the planet does have a magic tree that they can stroke and magic up instant care facilities with highly trained support staff and experienced doctors - perhaps they were just on ice working as tarot card readers and Reiki masters during non-pandemic times?
Old 18th January 2022, 07:00     #2373
The Edge

Quote:
Casey Hodgkinson's story

From the same person who brought you this insightful viewpoint:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/former...YAG2VIYNJGE2E/
Old 18th January 2022, 08:08     #2374
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I understand, StN. I know the intention. It's just a shame that with these vaccines now in the arms of billions of people, the cases are still at an all time high.

We hoped to have a magic vaccine, but then we realised that magic isn't real, and it's just sleight of hand and misdirection. That's why we still have to wear masks, socially distance, and avoid large indoor gatherings, and continually get boosters.

There is nothing in the vaccine itself which actively fights the virus. It's not an anti viral mixture which combats COVID (unlike some treatments which apparently do provide assistance, but we aren't prescribed). It's just a novel way of providing your body with a protein to attack, made from your own cells.

Therefore, it's still just people's current immune systems that are being relied on here. That's why it's not stopping transmission, and tripled jabbed are still catching COVID - presumably with "milder" symptoms, although anecdotally, this is hard to assess, since everyone is affected differently by sickness anyway.

To say otherwise is basically believing magic is real. Thanks for participating the drug trial, you get a free lump.
Old 18th January 2022, 08:39     #2375
Cyberbob

Quote:
There is nothing in the vaccine itself which actively fights the virus. It's not an anti viral mixture which combats COVID (unlike some treatments which apparently do provide assistance, but we aren't prescribed). It's just a novel way of providing your body with a protein to attack, made from your own cells.

Therefore, it's still just people's current immune systems that are being relied on here. That's why it's not stopping transmission, and tripled jabbed are still catching COVID - presumably with "milder" symptoms, although anecdotally, this is hard to assess, since everyone is affected differently by sickness anyway.
What?! How dare vaccine makers and proponents refuse to tell us that it's just *checks dictionary* a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies.
Who could have known!?

I don't think you'll find many people that were under the impression that the vaccine is an anti-viral mixture that actively fights covid for us, like a squadron of microscopic fighter pilots.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 18th January 2022 at 08:40.
Old 18th January 2022, 09:38     #2376
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Casey Hodgkinson's story

Hmm - I'm not qualified to make an assessment, but it sounds very similar to this one. Which, if correct, would mean that the anti-vax crowd (even if subliminal rather than overt) are responsible for her mental condition, not the vaccine causing the physical manifestation?
Old 18th January 2022, 10:34     #2377
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Casey Hodgkinson's story

You are obviously new to the internet, so let me explain. When a young woman tearfully goes on social media to describe how she is trapped in a body that makes uncontrollable tics, but she’s grateful for all the attention and support she receives from her followers and Patreon supporters, and of course donations to her Gofundme are appreciated… it’s not real.
Old 18th January 2022, 10:40     #2378
fixed_truth

Quote:
Despite experts saying the vaccine is extremely safe for children and will protect them against severe outcomes from the virus, eight Kiwi parents - whose names are currently suppressed - are claiming in court that the provisional consent process for the kids' vaccine was flawed and illegal.

The group includes an electrician, two stay-at-home parents, a service assistant, a quality assurance manager, a company director, a civil engineer, and an unemployed woman.
Who needs experts, what would they know?

Parents taking Medsafe, Govt to court to stop vaccine rollout for 5-11s
Old 18th January 2022, 11:34     #2379
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You are obviously new to the internet, so let me explain. When a young woman tearfully goes on social media to describe how she is trapped in a body that makes uncontrollable tics, but she’s grateful for all the attention and support she receives from her followers and Patreon supporters, and of course donations to her Gofundme are appreciated… it’s not real.
Similar to this young lady? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Gibson
Old 18th January 2022, 12:01     #2380
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh I think Gibson is just a sociopath. She lies to get what she wants, end of story. She's one of those individuals who once would have been driven out of the tribe to die in the desert, but now she can just jump from tribe to tribe.

When it comes to young women with uncontrollable body movements LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE there are fucking millions of them.

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/progr...-tics/13618744

The crazy thing about mental contagion is that the almost-always-female sufferers are often genuinely unaware that they're faking it. Some female "get attention, fit in with peer group at all costs" subroutine has kicked in and it's running as root.

Quote:
"The super important thing to understand is that the vast majority of the young girls and young women have had some previous vulnerability," he said.

"Most of them have a history of anxiety or depression, some of them have ADHD, some of them have autism."

Russell said these tics are a response to these vulnerabilities, which have been exacerbated during the pandemic.
Old 18th January 2022, 12:27     #2381
Cyberbob

Quote:
Casey Hodgkinson's story

Warm, heartbreaking story. Really makes you think. And like and subscribe. And donate.

Zero scientific or medical credibility. Zero proof of the cause. At best it's an incredible (i.e. unprecidented, and not likely) nocebo effect or Factitious disorder (a genuine mental illness), at worst it's a complete scam.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 18th January 2022 at 12:28.
Old 18th January 2022, 13:15     #2382
StN
I have detailed files

I thought it was going to be a shake-weight ad when it first started.
Old 18th January 2022, 13:18     #2383
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

SHoCkiNg FoOtAgE oF cOvId VaCcInE sIdE eFfEcTs

Old 18th January 2022, 13:24     #2384
blynk

Quote:
Warm, heartbreaking story. Really makes you think. And like and subscribe. And donate.

Zero scientific or medical credibility. Zero proof of the cause. At best it's an incredible (i.e. unprecidented, and not likely) nocebo effect or Factitious disorder (a genuine mental illness), at worst it's a complete scam.
Or maybe it is legit, and there is a 1 in a billion chance of this happening.
Would it change my view on the vaccinations. Nope.
Old 18th January 2022, 15:02     #2385
The Edge

Quote:

Brought to you by the same person who decided it would be a good idea to spread fearmongering crap like this today:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...on-centre.html

Yeah, real salt of the earth, she is
Old 18th January 2022, 16:38     #2386
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
I don't think you'll find many people that were under the impression that the vaccine is an anti-viral mixture that actively fights covid for us, like a squadron of microscopic fighter pilots.
But you'll find plenty of people that think that if you don't get the vaccine, there is no way your immune system can possibly cope, and you're definitely going to end up in ICU taking someone's spot.

-shrug-

Somehow if you schedule your own infection, your immune system is magically superior.
Old 18th January 2022, 16:49     #2387
Cyberbob

Quote:
Somehow if you schedule your own infection, your immune system is magically superior.
Yes, exactly.

People figured this out over 200 years ago. Marvelous thing, this science.
Old 18th January 2022, 16:50     #2388
Lightspeed

facepalm

Oof.

Yeah, let's remind ourselves what stupid people might think so we can feel secure in our decisions.
Old 18th January 2022, 17:14     #2389
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Rolling eyes

Quote:
Yes, exactly.

People figured this out over 200 years ago. Marvelous thing, this science.
Why are cases at an all time high? Why are the "vaccines" failing with 200 years of expertise behind them? Vaxxed are still getting infected, transmitting, ending up in ICU, and dying.

Marvellous thing, this science.
Old 18th January 2022, 17:23     #2390
Lightspeed

It must be hard, only being able to hold the tiniest amount of information in your head concurrently. Everything must be a puzzle or look like magic.
Old 18th January 2022, 17:41     #2391
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

It must be scary if you can't remember 99.9% recovery rate.

I'm dumb because I didn't infect myself with fugaze spike protein several times already, even though the risk is very small that I'll actually suffer from COVID.

How many times are you going to do it, seriously?

Every 6 months, forever?

I mean what the fuck. If it doesn't help your immune system after 2 or 3 times, how is it helping if you get it 4 or 5 times?

Marvellous thing, this science.
Old 18th January 2022, 17:43     #2392
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

They don't vaccinate people who had a positive test from COVID within 84 days in the UK, because... getting an active antigen when you have active antibodies produces an inflammatory reaction (which we don't want).

But if you vaccinate and have antibodies and then get the virus? Well, you'll get an inflammatory reaction (which we don't want), but at least you'll have a haircut and a nice meal.
Old 18th January 2022, 18:04     #2393
Lightspeed

You keep referring back to a specific subset of information. You can't or won't introduce anything outside of this set of information. Which makes sense, given such information undermines the frame you typically hold this information in.
Old 18th January 2022, 18:20     #2394
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I heard that the milkmaids who had previously acquired cowpox were still able to contract smallpox, this is a fucking scam, DYOR
Old 18th January 2022, 18:22     #2395
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. I was implying that the sickest of the sick, the ones in the ICU and dying, are almost always unvaccinated. Because that is the case.
Old 18th January 2022, 18:47     #2396
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Today's NSW Health tweet:

Quote:
Of the 36 people who died; 33 people had received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, and three people were not vaccinated.
Old 18th January 2022, 18:48     #2397
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I mean you do have a point: those vaccinated people aren't sick, they're dead.
Old 18th January 2022, 18:49     #2398
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I heard that the milkmaids who had previously acquired cowpox were still able to contract smallpox, this is a fucking scam, DYOR
Did they lose their jobs? Were they still able to cut their hair? Were they allowed to trade without the mark?
Old 18th January 2022, 19:56     #2399
The Edge

So, as I asked you before (and I note you conveniently ignored) - what, in your opinion, should we all do? Just lay down and wait to die?
Old 18th January 2022, 19:59     #2400
fixed_truth

Covid 19 Australia: Why half of people in NSW intensive care are vaccinated

Quote:
Around 93 per cent of adults in NSW have now been fully vaccinated, leaving around 7 per cent of the population not entirely protected. Despite making up a small proportion of the wider community, these 7 per cent now account for more than half of all ICU admissions.

Around 70.2 per cent of the people who died between June 16 and December 25 last year also had not been vaccinated or received at least one effective dose (420 people).

This compares with 96 people who were fully vaccinated and 76 who were partially vaccinated.

People who are vaccinated can still get Covid but tend to get a milder disease with reduced rates of hospitalisations and death.
Quote:
The effectiveness of vaccination has also been seen overseas in New York, United States.

In the week beginning December 27, 4.59 of every 100,000 vaccinated New Yorkers ended up in hospital compared to a whopping 58.27 per 100,000 among those who were unvaccinated.

In the week beginning December 13, fully-vaccinated New Yorkers had about a 78 per cent lower chance of getting Covid, compared to those were who unvaccinated