Old 4th August 2005, 07:56     #161
Macca@Work

Cheesy grin

Can I watch?
Old 4th August 2005, 08:08     #162
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Sad

I hate living with the knowledge that I started this shit thread. And that it's become even worse since.
Old 4th August 2005, 08:09     #163
Lightspeed

It shall be written on your tombstone.
Old 4th August 2005, 08:20     #164
xor

I like my gearstick being grinded :P
Old 4th August 2005, 08:59     #165
Savage

Quote:
Originally posted by xor
I like my gearstick being grinded :P
gearstick?
*cough-splutter*

Old 4th August 2005, 09:30     #166
xor

Yeah boltz
It's a long shift gear change knob au
Old 4th August 2005, 09:36     #167
samael

Quote:
Originally posted by kimmyh51
the one i bought is one of those ugly metal ones

(edit)

oh, and what am I doing to them? oddly enough, opening cans with them!
You dont bash the cans open with them, they have a sneaky little mechanism consisting of a sharp bit, some gears, a lever and a big turny thing that your supposed to use.
Old 4th August 2005, 11:06     #168
circa

Wacked what grinds my gears?

The kiwi.

Us New Zealanders are reffered to by people of other nationalities as 'Kiwi's". Don't you think thats a bit of an insult? I mean its a small bird which can't fly and only ever comes out at night. If we're meant to be a nation of warriors or whatever, why are we associated with a bird that needs to harden up.

Theres only like four of them left anyway.
Old 4th August 2005, 11:14     #169
secretagentman

if we're not associated with the kiwi, then what should our national animal be?

The Beaver?

They build damns and stuff.
Old 4th August 2005, 11:15     #170
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally posted by secretagentman
if we're not associated with the kiwi, then what should our national animal be?
Old 4th August 2005, 12:31     #171
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Re: what grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally posted by circa
The kiwi.
Well it's better than:

Pom
Kraut
Frog
Aussie
Yank
Spic (although that's not nation-specific)

I can't think of any more right now.
Old 4th August 2005, 12:34     #172
[Malks] Pixie

Re: what grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally posted by circa
If we're meant to be a nation of warriors or whatever, why are we associated with a bird that needs to harden up.
Since when are we supposed to be 'a nation of warriors'?? Personally I find the idea of that more offensive than being labeled as a 'kiwi'...

Anyway nationalism is stupid in all it's forms...

Pixie
Old 4th August 2005, 12:43     #173
sv
simulationszeitalter

The kiwi is a great symbol. Unique to the country... and it lays the largest egg in proportion to its body size of any bird.
Old 4th August 2005, 15:29     #174
Nailbomb

Quote:
Originally posted by kimmyh51
also, can openers

they never last very long before they wont work - i just brought a new one and a week later its starting to slip

flawed technology - why hasnt someone made a BETTER one?
Don't put them in the dishwasher and they should stay alright.
Old 4th August 2005, 15:33     #175
MoP

If squeezing something that size out of your ass isn't hardcore, then I just don't know what is
Old 4th August 2005, 16:31     #176
Enchantress

Ouch.
Old 4th August 2005, 16:48     #177
flic
Dee Hast Mish

The AirCon not being in sync with the outside world

*swelter*
Old 4th August 2005, 20:28     #178
Blue Lightning

Quote:
Originally posted by Markh
I bought a Brabantia can opener in 1986 for $15 and still have it, though it is getting a little fucked now - but I got at least 15 years of good use out of it.
Agreed. I have one of those here that's about the same age and it still works perfectly, although it is a little rusty.
Old 4th August 2005, 20:37     #179
dead goon

I think the kiwi symbolizes us well. unique, quiet and humble.
Old 4th August 2005, 20:38     #180
kimmyh51

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Lightning
Agreed. I have one of those here that's about the same age and it still works perfectly, although it is a little rusty.
it wasnt a super cheap one - it wasnt a really expensive one either though

I used to have an electric one that lasted for years but I gave it away when I moved up to auckland - along with the rest of the house - might have to invest in another one

another thing that grinds my gears - is that when i type in the laptop my fingers must hover over the touchpad and the move the cursor so one minute i am typing at the bottom of whatever - then suddenly Im typing in the middle of a sentance a paragraph up

drives me fucking crazy (yet obviously not enough to remember to stop at DSE & get a laptop mouse)
Old 4th August 2005, 21:12     #181
Blue Lightning

What pisses me off:

* When other developers screw up my code or make a mess of my hand-crafted forms. If I spent hours getting it right, you can at least do me the courtesy of leaving it in the state you found it.

* When I have to use a website to order/book something and the site can't even handle that simple thing properly without breaking. Test the website before putting it up. Is that so much to ask?

* People who talk at the movies loudly enough so people five rows in front of them can hear. Shut the hell up.

* And my all-time favourite, demonstrated again just this evening: when people leave their left indicators on long after they've already turned, or just as bad indicate left on the way into a roundabout when they're going straight on. It's even more dangerous than not indicating at all. Especially when you do it at night. Fucking idiots.
Old 4th August 2005, 21:36     #182
samael

Quote:

* When other developers screw up my code or make a mess of my hand-crafted forms. If I spent hours getting it right, you can at least do me the courtesy of leaving it in the state you found it.

oh oh Tabs vs Spaces. I like tabs, but for gods sake PICK ONE. JUST ONE.
Old 4th August 2005, 21:55     #183
CCS
Stunt Pants

Very angry

My fucking car, man. My shitcock bastard mothershitter of a car.

Old 5th August 2005, 15:09     #184
OoKiE

The stupid and the lazy, they just piss me off!

Disclaimer: I am actually very comfortable with my own stupidity and laziness.
Old 5th August 2005, 15:22     #185
StN
I have detailed files

People who don't like getting grounded for not thinking that the broken garbage disposal sounds like Chewbacca taking a shit - Yeahrngrngrngrngrngrngh! - yeah, they grind my gears.
Old 5th August 2005, 15:33     #186
Helious

Talking

lol StN.

fake as though
Old 6th August 2005, 01:37     #187
wolf_kin

........... bitch fest.... cool

people who absolutely HAVE to gossip.
if you spent more time at your OWN life, you wouldn't need to entertain yourself by disecting someone elses.

people who gossip at me, then forget who they've told and promptly tell me again.
stop shitting in my brain! i dont care who fucked who, or who said what. you are ALL peripheral to my life.

people who beleve that "older is wiser"...... oh really, then why is it that you are still making the same mistakes that fucked up your life in the first place?

people who accuse me of being lazy. being organised and completing my tasks quickly and easily isnt laziness.
dragging your feet and spreading what little work you have to do out so you dont have to do anymore today is laziness you little fucks.
Old 6th August 2005, 10:20     #188
Inferno

CCS
Old 6th August 2005, 10:55     #189
CCS
Stunt Pants

:(
Old 6th August 2005, 12:22     #190
kimmyh51

Quote:

* When I have to use a website to order/book something and the site can't even handle that simple thing properly without breaking. Test the website before putting it up. Is that so much to ask?
oh FUCK yes - twice lately I have purchased online, selected the international shipping option, paid for the thing had my card debited...

One never arrived so I emailed asking where it is and got an email saying they had been trying to contact me (though strangely no one had called my mobile number which had been entered correctly with all international codes - this was confirmed on the email auto-receipt) or emailed me at my email address (also given to them correctly) and that the mail option I had selected on their website wasnt available to NZ and that the shipping would actually cost me 450Million $ (well an amount that made the savings form purchasing offshore redundant).

So I mailed back asking why NZ was an option on the website and why the super expensive shipping option was NOT! and why it allowed me to select an 'international shipping' option that only shiped to the fucking us! Im still waiting for them to refund my $ and cancel the order.

And then a week or so later i used another site and the same thing happend

why the fuck cant web designers either:

not fucking well put New Zealand in if its not an option
Or put the right fucking shipping cost in if NZ is an option?

isnt the tester supposed to go through all the clickable/selectable options on drop down menu's and ensure that they fucking work the way they should????

And while Im at it, pharmacydirect.co.nz is a shocker for listing products on their website that they dont actually have in stock and never will have!

fuck I could bitch on for hours about stupid websites that obviously have been through no testing whatsoever....,

Last edited by kimmyh51 : 6th August 2005 at 12:24.
Old 6th August 2005, 12:29     #191
MoP

hit them with a chargeback
Old 6th August 2005, 12:48     #192
kimmyh51

Quote:
Originally posted by MoP
hit them with a chargeback
I take it a chargeback is when I go to the bank and sai this is not a charge I authorised?

do my bank charge me for that?
Old 6th August 2005, 13:08     #193
ZengE

Them: The printer has run out of toner.

Me: So go to the office, get some more and change it. The instructions are on the underside of the lid.

Them: I've been to the office, they don't have toner.

Me: Then ask them to order some. You obviously wont be able to use the printer until you get it changed.

Them: I asked them to order some, they said you should have some.

Me: No, toner is a consumable, I don't stock consumables.

Them: But the printer came from you.

Me: Yes, I provided the printer, I even threw in the first toner cartridge because it came with the printer. But I don't supply toner after I've installed it.

Them: But it's a printer.

Me: Yes, I know that, but toner is a consumable. You don't see me providing paper for your printer do you? The reason is that toner and paper are consumables. I don't do consumables.

Them: So you don't have a toner cartridge.

Me: If I had one, I'd willingly give it to you to get you to leave but I don't. Toner is the responsibility of the front office, as is paper.

They then go away and I'm confronted by somebody from the front office and we have exactly the same type of conversation. This is a regular occurance (every time one of the printers runs out of toner, I get a different initial idiot, usually followed by the same front office person).

Yes, I could buy toner and give it to them, but I don't have the budget for that AND everything else they want. So no, I will not supply you with your toner, the guy with the consumables budget can.

Grrrrr
Old 6th August 2005, 13:31     #194
Helious

Thumbs down

unappreciative people are lame
Old 6th August 2005, 13:40     #195
Lat1n0

Old people at the supermarket pushing in to get in the front rather than just asking if one wouldn't mind if they go in first!
Old 6th August 2005, 13:54     #196
[BT]Monza

Quote:
Originally posted by Lat1n0
Old people at the supermarket pushing in to get in the front rather than just asking if one wouldn't mind if they go in first!
Old people at the supermarket who go very slowly up the aisle, but right in the middle so you can't overtake.
Old 6th August 2005, 16:53     #197
Markh

Quote:
Originally posted by [BT]Monza
Old people at the supermarket who go very slowly up the aisle, but right in the middle so you can't overtake.
People drive a trolley like they drive a car! No awareness of anyone around them and no consideration for others.
Old 6th August 2005, 17:56     #198
kimmyh51

Quote:
Originally posted by [BT]Monza
old people who pull into the land in front of you (from an adjacent lane) with no indication, travelling at 30km/hr causing you to slam on the brakes to avoid them then speed up to 35km/hr, slam on the brakes again, speed up to 35, slam on brakes, see a GREEN light ahead and slam on their brakes....FFS!
Old 6th August 2005, 18:59     #199
Kiki Es

man. i hate when i take a poop and the poop splashes into the toilet.. splashing water up that hits my rear end

seriously... they need to make a freakin' net or something.. it's getting ridiculous
Old 6th August 2005, 19:11     #200
flic
Dee Hast Mish

i hate it when i'm eating and read stuff like that ^^^