User Name
Password

Old 12th May 2021, 15:10     #7321
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I really dig Amos and Bobbie too.
My two faves for sure. It was hard to go past the "Ula from Shortie" at first, but now she's Bobbie through and through.

Stick with it Wazza, it's a very good show.
Old 14th May 2021, 01:34     #7322
Lightspeed

They're making a Metalocalypse movie. Best news all year. That means more Dethklok!
Old 14th May 2021, 06:18     #7323
Cyberbob

I was a little too young to enjoy He-Man in the 80's, but the remake does look pretty nice.

He-Man, Teela Makeovers Revealed in First Look at Netflix’s ‘Masters of the Universe: Revelation’
Old 14th May 2021, 06:25     #7324
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
I was a little too young to enjoy He-Man in the 80's, but the remake does look pretty nice.

He-Man, Teela Makeovers Revealed in First Look at Netflix’s ‘Masters of the Universe: Revelation’
Does look like a clean up rather than a "re-imagining" so could be good. If you haven't (apart from Tiger King, this was a compulsory binge during Covid?), check out NetFlix's "The toys that made us" - there is a good Masters episode at S01E03 - but in hindsight it might pay to watch the Star Wars and Barbie ones first as I think the action figure evolution stems from them - followed by GI Joe
Old 14th May 2021, 08:24     #7325
StN
I have detailed files

Also, whilst I admit it may be an acquired taste, Guy Williams' exposé on the Christchurch Boy Racers, followed by an in-depth investigative piece on dildo theft in Huntly was quite an eye opener last night.

Mrs StN - "What did he just say?"

StN - "Um - he said no one wanted to drive that Demio after one of his mates got anal fisting juices all over the interior..."
Old 14th May 2021, 16:19     #7326
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Does look like a clean up rather than a "re-imagining" so could be good. If you haven't (apart from Tiger King, this was a compulsory binge during Covid?), check out NetFlix's "The toys that made us" - there is a good Masters episode at S01E03 - but in hindsight it might pay to watch the Star Wars and Barbie ones first as I think the action figure evolution stems from them - followed by GI Joe
Yea that's a great little Netflix series. I got a real kick out of the Transformers one. I just saw there's a season 3 I haven't seen yet!
Old 17th May 2021, 14:05     #7327
Lightspeed

Watching Bad Batch. I saw a commentary on how quickly the Empire rose from the Republic, with signs and logos quickly being replaced.

I thought this was pretty clever, very much like the rise of the Nazis and how they had a state within the state ready to quickly swap out existing public functions once they gained power.
Old 17th May 2021, 15:08     #7328
Cyberbob

I finished watching the Clone Wars series last week. Man, those last four episodes are amazing. I desperately want a Revenge of the Sith re-do that takes Clone Wars into consideration. The fall of Anakin deserves so much better.
Old 26th May 2021, 12:04     #7329
Lightspeed

How does a man make babies with another man? Asking for a friend.
Old 3rd June 2021, 14:52     #7330
Lightspeed

Bad Batch

I liked the down-low high-five Wrecker gave Omega in E05, very cute. Feels like we're being set up tho, with Wrecker's control chip playing up.

Fun show so far! Trouble keeping track of where on the time line everything sits sometimes.
Old 3rd June 2021, 15:47     #7331
StN
I have detailed files

...yeah. And Omega being a dodgy clone. With the same hairstyle as Palpatine...
Old 3rd June 2021, 16:39     #7332
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
With the same hairstyle as Palpatine...
lolz, I didn't pick up on that.
Old 10th June 2021, 15:07     #7333
Lightspeed

I enjoyed Loki. The bar feels so freaking high at the moment tho, I'm worried I've been over indulged with everything Disney is coming out with.

Feels a bit dirty, given how eager I am to grump about Disney's copyright law.
Old 20th June 2021, 13:59     #7334
Lightspeed

The big mystery in Loki is what is the TVA. It's always challenging to figure out what's an intentional detail and what's a lapse or red herring with these kinds of shows.

Like the TVA seems like it's supposed to be this endless bureaucracy, but it doesn't feel very endless. In fact, it feels decidedly finite.

On thing I noticed was the view that stuns Loki is supposed to be infinite. But if it were infinite, there would be no black spaces. Black space only appears in our universe because the space between us and any potential light source is expanding faster than light can travel through it.

Could just be an oversight, or could be hinting to the fact that it is some kind of illusion despite assurances to the contrary.
Old 21st June 2021, 13:39     #7335
blynk

Well at this stage the assumption will be
TVA is bad. Maybe actually controlled by one being (I have seen some interesting theories around this) that it is controlled by someone where that particular timeline is the one that they become the ruler, and so has created (or taken over) the TVA to make sure that is the only timeline).
Other baddie lady loki is not actually bad.
And Mr Wilson will get to ride a jetski
Old 21st June 2021, 18:13     #7336
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hiddleston fanboy for life, but man... I'm really not feeling Loki at all.
Old 21st June 2021, 21:14     #7337
blynk

Hmm, Im enjoying it.
I was never a fan of him in the MCU, but that maybe because I found the first 2 Thor movies pretty blah.

But definitely enjoying the show
Old 24th June 2021, 20:05     #7338
StN
I have detailed files

Hmm - that last one had a definite Dr Who vibe to it. Had to watch the credits intently to see if I'd missed anything.
...or are they still on the train and both asleep?
Old 24th June 2021, 23:04     #7339
Lightspeed

A lot packed into that episode.

Of course Loki is going to fall in love with himself...

It was significant his concern for the TVA workers and for the people being left to face the apocalypse. Immediately prior to this Loki was leading an army to take over Earth by force. I guess the plan was domination, not genocide.
Old 25th June 2021, 00:58     #7340
Nich

New Sam Esmail (Mr Robot) series: Homecoming.

It's very good.
Old 25th June 2021, 13:03     #7341
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Hmm - that last one had a definite Dr Who vibe to it. Had to watch the credits intently to see if I'd missed anything.
...or are they still on the train and both asleep?
I actually expected something along those lines
She talks about stronger minds are harder and both minds are in there together.
I thought that maybe she did enchant him and it was more of a test to see what he would do and for her to learn more.

But if that was the case, I'm sure they would have wrapped it up in that episode and not let it carry on to the next.
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:34     #7342
Lightspeed

Loving Loki. The feels! The Owen Wilson! The alligator!
Old 3rd July 2021, 10:51     #7343
Cyberbob

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. Mid credits scene too, btw.

Hitting a smiliar stride as Wandavision, four episodes in as a "I have no idea what's happening but it's awesome".
Old 3rd July 2021, 10:57     #7344
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Really enjoyed this weeks episode. Mid credits scene too, btw.

Hitting a smiliar stride as Wandavision, four episodes in as a "I have no idea what's happening but it's awesome".
Its a shame this one is only 6 episodes long though
Old 3rd July 2021, 14:28     #7345
Lightspeed

I don't think Loki is behind the Time Keepers, the whole set up doesn't seem his style. I like the idea that it's kind of a bootstrap paradox. The existence of the TVA gives rise to the TVA or something like that.

Ravonna executing Mobius so soon after having that "special friendship" talk has such spooky vibes. The true dark nature of fascism and authoritarianism, nothing of our humanity to be spared from their altars.
Old 6th July 2021, 15:07     #7346
Lightspeed

I just finished Doom Patrol. So freaking good. Best DC series so far.

It's kind of presented as an anti-superhero show. Which it pretty much is I guess. But really it's this dive into the gritty, gross and pathetic. It doesn't really hold back, it's so good. It's kind of a story of getting on with the failings you have.

Such a great cast. Production... matches the show? The CGI isn't flash by any means, but... it's exactly the style of the show.

It's definitely not popcorn and candy watching like what Marvel is putting out. Good contrast.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 6th July 2021 at 15:08.
Old 6th July 2021, 19:22     #7347
crocos

Lightspeed, I take it you kept watching for the mid-credits scene? Loki a lot less executed than one may imagine, so the same likely holds true of Mobius

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 6th July 2021, 19:27     #7348
Lightspeed

Of course! 'Gator Loki! Hahaha. Totally tho, I think we're all hoping to see Mobius on that jetski.
Old 9th July 2021, 07:57     #7349
StN
I have detailed files

What If?

Supposedly actually Chadwick.

And Howard the Duck!
Old 9th July 2021, 08:08     #7350
StN
I have detailed files

Is Mr Urban trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher
"Tony's performance as Homelander is absolutely exemplary. The choices Tony makes are brilliantly compelling, unpredictable & emotionally truthful. Anthony is one of those rare actors who stands on the precipice unblinking. Please consider his work, #givethismananemmy."
...stands on the precipice unblinking

https://tenor.com/view/the-boys-home...f-gif-18775774

Last edited by StN : 9th July 2021 at 08:09.
Old 9th July 2021, 14:47     #7351
pxpx

https://youtu.be/DkxFko8NV6Q?t=121
Old 9th July 2021, 15:16     #7352
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Its a shame this one is only 6 episodes long though
And we are down to one.
A very jampacked easter egg episode.
Love the Thanos Copter. Throg. All the lokis turning on each other.
I double crossed you. Haha, I am now the king. No you not, Im double crossing you and here is my army.
We aren't your army, we are double crossing you.

The outcome should lead nicely into What If...
Old 9th July 2021, 15:17     #7353
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
What If?

Supposedly actually Chadwick.

And Howard the Duck!
Im hoping there is a whole lot more than what they have shown.
F4 or Xmen could easily make some cameos.
Old 10th July 2021, 13:11     #7354
Lightspeed

I like how Rick and Morty has kind of pivoted to an almost Twilight Zone kind of vibe. Leaning more towards disturbing and unsatisfying outcomes, than the kind the more toxic elements of the fan base feed off.

I thought the whole Asimov Cascade Failure idea was really clever. A trap Ricks are doomed to fall into in universes where he thinks it's a good idea to create a decoy family.
Old 13th July 2021, 11:13     #7355
Lightspeed

Quote:
I don't think Loki is behind the Time Keepers, the whole set up doesn't seem his style. I like the idea that it's kind of a bootstrap paradox. The existence of the TVA gives rise to the TVA or something like that.
So at this point it's either Loki or Miss Minutes. Loki seems the obvious answer. It will be the acceptance/change paradox as Loki confronts his dark side, rather than a time loop. Which is very clever really.
Old 13th July 2021, 13:09     #7356
blynk

Quote:
So at this point it's either Loki or Miss Minutes. Loki seems the obvious answer. It will be the acceptance/change paradox as Loki confronts his dark side, rather than a time loop. Which is very clever really.
Agree. On the grand scheme of the MCU, it would be cool for it to be Kang like a lot of people have said, or something like that.
But like the other 2 shows, its been a lot more internal, character shows. So the likelihood is it will be a Loki.
Old 13th July 2021, 13:25     #7357
Lightspeed

It's so funny how pretty much all of Hollywood has gone to therapy and it shows.
Old 14th July 2021, 17:11     #7358
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

The Witcher: Season 2 Teaser Trailer
Old 14th July 2021, 21:12     #7359
Redneck

Wacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
it would be cool
Not if that's how his character is going to be portrayed.. that performance was painful
Old 15th July 2021, 06:21     #7360
Cyberbob

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a fantastic way to both finish off the series and jump start the next movie.