http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/11/28...lished/?hpt=T1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...plomacy-crisis

TLDR summary:

- Muslim countries (Sunni Muslims) want USA to destroy Iran at any cost
- USA can't remove weapons grade Uranium from Pakistan
- Middle-eastern countries allowing USA to bomb their own citizens
- USA wants to ship Gitmo prisoners to small countries by offering them money
- The Chinese govt hacked into Google and possibly various other USA agencies
- Iran has way more advanced missiles than previously thought possibly from North Korea
- USA can't get middle-eastern countries to stop funding Al-Qaeda with money and weapons
- CIA tells Germany to not prosecute their agent for kidnapping a German citizen because he was genuinely mistaken for a terrorist
- Putin, the Russian prime minister, and Silvio Berlusconi the Italian prime minister, are giving each other lavish gifts
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the Muslim Adolf Hitler

Apparently WikiLeaks is now a terrorist front.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:19     #2
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/wo...pagewanted=all

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/11/28...lished/?hpt=T1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...plomacy-crisis

TLDR summary:

- Muslim countries (Sunni Muslims) want USA to destroy Iran at any cost
- USA can't remove weapons grade Uranium from Pakistan
- Middle-eastern countries allowing USA to bomb their own citizens
- USA wants to ship Gitmo prisoners to small countries by offering them money
- The Chinese govt hacked into Google and possibly various other USA agencies
- Iran has way more advanced missiles than previously thought possibly from North Korea
- USA can't get middle-eastern countries to stop funding Al-Qaeda with money and weapons
- CIA tells Germany to not prosecute their agent for kidnapping a German citizen because he was genuinely mistaken for a terrorist
- Putin, the Russian prime minister, and Silvio Berlusconi the Italian prime minister, are giving each other lavish gifts

I don't think there's anything on that list that is particularly surprising. I pretty much figured they were all true/taking place/the case already.

Wikileaks' smoking gun's are only fun we're they're about the US armed forces doing stuff they use as justification for invading other countries imo.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:24     #3
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:

wat
Old 29th November 2010, 20:26     #4

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org
not fully updated
Old 29th November 2010, 20:57     #5
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
wat
That's what I got from the articles. One of the US diplomats comparing the Iranian president with Hitler and the politicians are now saying WikiLeaks is assisting terrorists by publishing these documents.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:00     #6
CCS
Stunt Pants

o i c

pritty lol
Old 29th November 2010, 22:35     #7
Deff
I felt shocked

Wikileaks founder to die suddenly...
Old 29th November 2010, 23:20     #8
Lightspeed

Well, he did say not enough journalists die for their cause...
Old 29th November 2010, 23:23     #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff
Wikileaks founder to die suddenly...
insurance.aes256
Old 29th November 2010, 23:28     #10
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Thumbs up

He's taking a pretty mammoth risk doing this... good on the cunt!
Old 30th November 2010, 11:13     #11
fixed_truth

WikiLeaks To Expose Superhero Identities
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/...ro-identities/
Old 30th November 2010, 11:30     #12
Rocket

Im interested to see what came out of Wellington and Auckland... doesnt seem to be up on the sit yet, but i saw on the daily that there was 1500 out of W and 1300 out of A
Old 30th November 2010, 12:45     #13
Lightspeed

I like this perspective from the Guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...bles-wikileaks
Old 30th November 2010, 15:28     #14
GRiM ReeFer

could this be Russian preempting wikileaks?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101126...ndwwiimassacre

MOSCOW (AFP) – Russia's parliament on Friday declared Stalin responsible for ordering the Katyn massacre of Polish officers in World War II, a crime Moscow spent decades blaming on the Nazis to the fury of Poland.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:40     #15
CCS
Stunt Pants

facepalm

Yeah, the Stalin dictatorship is totally the sort of thing Wikileaks documents about.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:44     #16
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Could this be Anne Hathaway pre-empting wikileaks?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...s-posing-naked

Quote:
Anne Hathaway has joked she was tricked into having her photo taken naked in bed with Jake Gyllenhaal and the director of her new movie.
Old 30th November 2010, 16:42     #17
GRiM ReeFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Yeah, the Stalin dictatorship is totally the sort of thing Wikileaks documents about.
countering wikileaks is all about public relations and image.

Also the circumstances surrounding the plane crash and deaths in April are suspicious to say the least, what with the video with shots fired by military first on the scene and the murder of the guy that took the video.

"The crime was rarely again acknowledged in public until April 10 when a plane carrying Polish president Lech Kaczynski and a Polish official delegation, who were on their way to a memorial ceremony at Katyn, crashed and killed all on board. The tragedy brought a new rapprochement in Warsaw-Moscow ties. "
Quote:
" Author of the video seen by everyone by now has been stabbed near Kijow on 4.15 and transported in critical condition to the hospital in Kijow. On 4.16 three unidentified individuals unplugged him from life support system and stabbed him 3 more times. Andrij was pronounced dead that afternoon. Russian government claims it was a coincidence. "
Old 30th November 2010, 18:23     #18
Lightspeed

o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiM ReeFer
Also the circumstances surrounding the plane crash and deaths in April are suspicious to say the least, what with the video with shots fired by military first on the scene and the murder of the guy that took the video.
What video is this?
Old 30th November 2010, 18:38     #19
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiM ReeFer
countering wikileaks is all about public relations and image.

"The crime was rarely again acknowledged in public until April 10 when a plane carrying Polish president Lech Kaczynski and a Polish official delegation, who were on their way to a memorial ceremony at Katyn, crashed and killed all on board. The tragedy brought a new rapprochement in Warsaw-Moscow ties. "
You were talking about Stalin. Nothing about the plane crash.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:58     #20
zeekiorage

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...112906258.html

Quote:
"Let's be clear: This disclosure is not just an attack on America's foreign policy interests," Clinton told journalists in the Treaty Room, an ornate Wedgewood-blue salon near her office. "It is an attack on the international community - the alliances and partnerships, the conversations and negotiations that safeguard global security and advance economic prosperity."
Um, yeah the words and sentences from the disclosed cables are attacking NZ Kiwifruits we speak.

Also heard on the the radio this morning that US has been spying on top UN officials, including Helen Clark.
Old 30th November 2010, 21:19     #21
CCS
Stunt Pants

Not all that surprising though, is it?
Old 1st December 2010, 10:05     #22
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket
Im interested to see what came out of Wellington and Auckland... doesnt seem to be up on the sit yet, but i saw on the daily that there was 1500 out of W and 1300 out of A
I think it was mentioned on the weekend that the Christchuirch Pipe Band trip to Libya for the Colonel's birthday was featured. I knew a chap that got an all expeneses paid trip to bang his drum in Tripoli. He's probably on a watch list now!
Old 1st December 2010, 12:16     #23
Lightspeed

I like these quite personal stories:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...horseback.html

Although obviously the personal stories from the Afghanistan and Iraq leaks are often deeply tragic too. Like the security guard who refused to shoot a civilian so got shot himself.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:00     #24
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

the knives are out for Assange...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...julian-assange
Old 1st December 2010, 14:13     #25
xpandnz

interesting timing.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:46     #26
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Quote:
In reality, Assange's predicament may not be as hopeless as it seems. The US would be hard pressed to make charges against him stick, experts suggest.
Since when have the US actually bothered about charging people?

*Appears to get on plane at one location, doesn't get off at the destination*

It's a gulag for you, sonny jim!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 1st December 2010 at 14:47.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:48     #27
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Exactly. If Assange fell into US hands he would just disappear. No charges, no trial, no body.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:49     #28
GM

I wonder if he'll ever get the opportunity to release the financial documents, nation states with their bombs and missiles are one thing but if you're going to fuck with the major financial institutes (because lets face it they are more powerful than any government), who knows what kind retribution would be applied by those who are completely devoid of ethics and morality.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:59     #29
ZoSo

Tip of the hat to Ecuador.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:11     #30
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
I wonder if he'll ever get the opportunity to release the financial documents, nation states with their bombs and missiles are one thing but if you're going to fuck with the major financial institutes (because lets face it they are more powerful than any government), who knows what kind retribution would be applied by those who are completely devoid of ethics and morality.
Hopefully all that stuff is in his insurance file. In fact, hopefully everything that he has is in the insurance file rather than just US war stuff.
Old 1st December 2010, 16:16     #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Tip of the hat to Ecuador.
You can stop tipping that hat now :P
Old 1st December 2010, 16:23     #32
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
You can stop tipping that hat now :P
lol was originally going to say 'nice offer, but doubt you'd feel totally safe in that region'.
Caved pretty quick!
Old 1st December 2010, 21:42     #33
zeekiorage

I don't know if killing/assassinating Assange would be a wise decision. It's instant martyrdom for him and bad PR for US. Even if they kill him and manage to shutdown WL that isn't going to achieve much. Shutting down WikiLeaks to stop disclosure of state secrets is like shutting down a torrent site to stop piracy. There will be other places where whistleblowers can go if Assange/WL dies. Somewhere some newspaper is always going to be interested in boosting their rating.
Old 1st December 2010, 22:33     #34
CCS
Stunt Pants

Myself, I can't wait for Wikileaks the Broadway musical.
Old 1st December 2010, 22:53     #35
crocos

Quote:
I don't know if killing/assassinating Assange would be a wise decision. It's instant martyrdom for him and bad PR for US.
Which is why he would simply disappear without any comment from any governments other than maybe the occasional "Huh. Wasn't me."

Old 1st December 2010, 23:04     #36
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Myself, I can't wait for Wikileaks the Broadway musical.
I'm waiting for Wikileaks Strikes Back in 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Which is why he would simply disappear without any comment from any governments other than maybe the occasional "Huh. Wasn't me."
Yeah, maybe if he lived in China, Russia or North Korea. If it does happen then Hollywood definitely would be interested.
Old 1st December 2010, 23:05     #37
crocos

You're saying the US doesn't run places like Gitmo? Perhaps that they haven't made people vanish? Ya right.

Last edited by crocos : 1st December 2010 at 23:08.
Old 1st December 2010, 23:27     #38
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Why do you think Assange would end up in Gitmo? Is the guy who copied and leaked the cables in Gitmo now?
Old 2nd December 2010, 00:29     #39

it could be done but never will (by a government). There is no point, he is the founder and their spokesperson, but the organisation doesn't consist of just him
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:57     #40
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
Has he released anything about the financial institutes yet?