Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11th January 2019, 20:40     #41401
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Killa Hill Niggas
Am I the only one that reads words that should end in an "er" instead of an "a" with an afrikaans accent? Just me? Oh well.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 15th January 2019, 08:42     #41402
pxpx

100 Years ago today (or tomorrow...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Molasses_Flood
Old 15th January 2019, 20:05     #41403
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

42.2deg in Adl right now
Old 15th January 2019, 20:09     #41404
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
100 Years ago today (or tomorrow...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Molasses_Flood
The nightmares all those injured survivors must have had.

100 years ago today is really getting into some interesting stuff. The shit we get up to.
Old 15th January 2019, 20:23     #41405
Lightspeed

This is fascinating, for instance:

Berlin routes confused communist uprising

Quote:
A Sparticist attempt to occupy the war office failed after the under-secretary of state told the leader of the raiding party that he needed written authority to do so.
Old 15th January 2019, 20:48     #41406
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
100 years ago today is really getting into some interesting stuff. The shit we get up to.
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/...169593374&mt=2

Thank me later
Old 16th January 2019, 06:40     #41407
StN
I have detailed files

^^^ Tried listening to part two of the Japan one the other night at midnight. It goes four 4.5 hours...
Old 16th January 2019, 20:49     #41408
MadMax
Stuff

Nothing destroys a man's ego quite like being at fault in a car prang, no matter how minor.

I clipped the corner of a parked car the other day while doing a u-turn at a t-intersection resulting in a trade of paint. Ah well, the other guy appreciated my note that I left under his window wiper and no-doubt my full insurance cover.
Old 18th January 2019, 11:32     #41409
fixed_truth

Sydney weather sees residents urged to stay indoors
Quote:
According to the bureau, January 12-16 have already made it into the list of top 10 warmest days on record for Australia for area-averaged maximum and mean temperatures.
Rip Australia
Old 18th January 2019, 14:22     #41410
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

One of Australia’s most important ecosystems - the Murray-Darling river system - is literally dying in real time this month. It’s as if the Waikato River dried up and every animal between Taupo and Pokeno died in the space of a few weeks.
Old 18th January 2019, 19:29     #41411
MadMax
Stuff

karnt's farked
Old 18th January 2019, 21:07     #41412
Lightspeed

Let us look closely, for this is our fate.
Old 20th January 2019, 15:40     #41413
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

NZ's marine heatwave
Old 20th January 2019, 19:17     #41414
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...iness-as-usual
Old 20th January 2019, 21:07     #41415
MadMax
Stuff

Down votes on pro-global warming comments and the inverse of that make me sad.
Old 22nd January 2019, 16:46     #41416
MadMax
Stuff

Yo, Vodafone ... I herd you like faults so I logged a fault for your fault number as I’m currently unable to call it to report a fault
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:06     #41417
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Let us look closely, for this is our fate.
Blame conservatives.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...des-of-science
Old 24th January 2019, 09:30     #41418
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
It's election year. Is there an indication of an upsurge in support for parties that are more socially/environmentally conscious - or is the Australian genpop still full of batshit crazies head-in-sanders that are all pro-coal hate the hippies?
Old 24th January 2019, 18:28     #41419
Nich

I am in Yackandandah / Indigo Shire area. Local government is pro-sustainability, and generally against shit like Asahi extracting 20-megalitres of spring water per year. Yackandandah has an organisation called TRY (totally renewable Yackandandah) which is working with Mondo energy to set up mini-grids and subsidize installation of solar + batteries for residents.

Vic State government is also open-minded on sustainability projects, and will fund a lot of initiatives such as TRY.

The federal government consistently shits the bed on thinking progressively. The federal government wants to turn the knobs up to 11 on surveillance capitalism, inventing new ways to tax the middle class, and to raise the number of cops per beat from 8 to 12 so they block the footpaths on both sides of the street.

... oh and also dropping refugees into a real life Hunger Games

Last edited by Nich : 24th January 2019 at 18:30.
Old 25th January 2019, 09:12     #41420
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
and to raise the number of cops per beat from 8 to 12 so they block the footpaths on both sides of the street.
no idea how it is where you are but as a cop in auckland they are going to be doing this soon, and it will be a godsend. there are times at the moment where the frontline workload is so high that unless you are getting murdered, aint nobody coming. One of the main stress factors in this job is that there arent enugh cops per section to handle the call volume.

hunger games sounds fun tho
Old 25th January 2019, 09:21     #41421
Cyberbob

Today I learned that should a large scale disaster hit Auckland, Civil Defence has arranged for Snow Planet to be designated a mass morgue, if required.
Old 25th January 2019, 09:54     #41422
StN
I have detailed files

Makes sense. Probably learned as a result of the earthquakes - I suppose the Antarctic would be a logical place down here now. I think they used tents out at Burnham 8 years ago, which would not be good in the heat.
Old 25th January 2019, 11:46     #41423
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
no idea how it is where you are but as a cop in auckland they are going to be doing this soon, and it will be a godsend. there are times at the moment where the frontline workload is so high that unless you are getting murdered, aint nobody coming. One of the main stress factors in this job is that there arent enugh cops per section to handle the call volume.

hunger games sounds fun tho
In Melbourne it's wall to wall police. In Yackandandah, Brad is the sole policeman and I'm pretty sure he splits his time policing the other nearby towns. Brad sometimes does lollypop children's crossing duty in the mornings...
Old 25th January 2019, 12:17     #41424
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

AFRICAN GANGS!!1
Old 25th January 2019, 12:47     #41425
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Makes sense. Probably learned as a result of the earthquakes - I suppose the Antarctic would be a logical place down here now. I think they used tents out at Burnham 8 years ago, which would not be good in the heat.
Antarctic center and penguin enclosure

Old 25th January 2019, 15:37     #41426
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Today I learned that should a large scale disaster hit Auckland, Civil Defence has arranged for Snow Planet to be designated a mass morgue, if required.
Ha, that's quite interesting, and makes a bit of sense.
How long would Snowplanet last without power though?
Old 25th January 2019, 15:52     #41427
CCS
Stunt Pants

It's probably well insulated and may well have a generator.
Old 26th January 2019, 00:42     #41428
Lightspeed

3D printing is starting to hit the next level. Check these planetary gears, no assembly needed: https://imgur.com/gallery/oJJB8Di
Old 26th January 2019, 19:51     #41429
madmaxii

Aussies are wankers

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...25-p50tl9.html
Old 29th January 2019, 13:04     #41430
Cyberbob

Tax Brackets - Are NZ's too low?
Old 29th January 2019, 22:14     #41431
madmaxii

Every government in this country has used fiscal creep to "not raise taxes". It would be a brave one that indexed the brackets to inflation or the average wage. Although, to give one of them parties their due, and I'm not sure which one, the pension is linked to a percentage of the average wage, 60% I think. And yes, NZ games has an older audience, I've been on the pension for a few years now. Joined you lot to see what my kids were up to. You may have guessed over the years, but if not, there are two of them, one posting a bit more often than the other these days. And the scary thing is that they are both over 35. Carpe Diem
Old 29th January 2019, 22:32     #41432
fixed_truth

Quote:
Sucking a female penis is not gay
"Are Traps Gay?" (vid)
Old 29th January 2019, 22:35     #41433
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Tax Brackets - Are NZ's too low?
Maybe the Govt. will raise the brackets and introduce a CGT to make it neutral overall.
Old 30th January 2019, 13:26     #41434
Lightspeed

It's amazing seeing the water vapour come off the Waitematā Harbour today. So hazy out there.
Old 30th January 2019, 15:47     #41435
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
Every government in this country has used fiscal creep to "not raise taxes". It would be a brave one that indexed the brackets to inflation or the average wage. Although, to give one of them parties their due, and I'm not sure which one, the pension is linked to a percentage of the average wage, 60% I think. And yes, NZ games has an older audience, I've been on the pension for a few years now. Joined you lot to see what my kids were up to. You may have guessed over the years, but if not, there are two of them, one posting a bit more often than the other these days. And the scary thing is that they are both over 35. Carpe Diem
Jojo and Judi?

Last edited by CCS : 30th January 2019 at 15:49.
Old 31st January 2019, 11:29     #41436
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It’s not often I recommend anything at millennial snowflake heaven The Spinoff, but this gets a wry smile :

“Back in all their misspelled, verbatim glory, we present 10 more of the most entertaining complaints made to and dismissed by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) from July – December 2018.”

https://thespinoff.co.nz/media/31-01...ed-by-the-asa/
Old 31st January 2019, 12:18     #41437
BoyWonder

When I first saw the Merry Techmas and Organic Lemonade ads I knew someone somewhere would be triggered and there they are.
Old 31st January 2019, 12:39     #41438
Lightspeed

That link led to this link which I am saving for reading later:

Why is Sensing Murder’s Sue Nicholson flaming mad at Seven Sharp?

The shot of Wells looking at the camera looks like too good a set up to resist.
Old 31st January 2019, 13:22     #41439
blynk

Aww, my complaint wasn't in the list (although it didn't go to the ASA), just to TVNZ.

They had a image of Deadpool on the TV2 self promo bit, in between Thomas the Tank Engine & Peppa pig.
Old 31st January 2019, 13:55     #41440
StN
I have detailed files

I'm thinking that N. Edlin is a pseudonym of Moo....

Also, Freedom camping?

And Danny on meth?