User Name
Password

Old 1st August 2010, 20:59     #3201
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

fuck yeah! can't wait to get the first ep down ;>
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:37     #3202
_Incubus_

Just finished watching 3 episodes of Pillars of the Earth, so far its a pretty decent tv adaptation of one of my fav books when I was a teen.
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:04     #3203
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
Just finished watching 3 episodes of Pillars of the Earth, so far its a pretty decent tv adaptation of one of my fav books when I was a teen.
fuck yeah!

this will be a must get for Mrs Rincey.....
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:59     #3204
StN
I have detailed files

I thought Renholm vs Renholm was a little weak - bigger all IT in it. But I did correctly predict the owner of the purple shirt and suit sleeve that left the envelope.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:05     #3205
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Reynholm ;p

yeah, was a pretty boring ending. Moss is classic though, that dude's on another planet. His facial expressions are brilliant!
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:40     #3206
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I thought Renholm vs Renholm was a little weak - bigger all IT in it.
I did like the bomb disposal operator bit:
"what operating system are you using?"
"Windows Vista"
"Ahhh, we're gonna die!"
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:23     #3207
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Top Gear - Jeff Goldblum, so LOL!!

left it in 3rd the whole time ;> the valve bouncing through the tyres was hilarious!!!
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:17     #3208
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

This is Not my life on TV1 at 8.30 Friday Nights, My Sky Series link that sucker, from the makers of Outrageous Fortune starring now dead Constable Gerrard from OF, gist is, Dude wakes up with complete amnesia and everyone tells him he knocked his head changing a light bulb but lots of things don't add up and he suspects a conspiracy. He gets his memories erased again and totally buys into the ruse until he finds a video from himself on his phone telling himself not to trust anyone and leaves himself a couple of clues of people to look for that he recorded just prior to his memories being erased again.

how cool is this for a NZ show?!

EVERYONE MUST WATCH! Watch 1st ep on TVNZ on Demand to catch up!
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:38     #3209
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
This is Not my life on TV1 at 8.30 Friday Nights, My Sky Series link that sucker, from the makers of Outrageous Fortune starring now dead Constable Gerrard from OF, gist is, Dude wakes up with complete amnesia and everyone tells him he knocked his head changing a light bulb but lots of things don't add up and he suspects a conspiracy. He gets his memories erased again and totally buys into the ruse until he finds a video from himself on his phone telling himself not to trust anyone and leaves himself a couple of clues of people to look for that he recorded just prior to his memories being erased again.

Not to take anything away from the show, but doesn't it seem like someone pretty much decided to make a show based on that song? (Talking Heads - Once in a life time)
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:44     #3210
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

anyone watch Hung and like it?

wondering if i'll give it a go, i've got fuck all tv on the watch atm.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:54     #3211
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct

first and second episode is on there..

never used or seen this TVNZ On Demand stuff, jesus christ there's a fuck load of content on there, eh? pretty good stuff really!!

will check this show out when i have time, ta
Old 4th August 2010, 08:36     #3212
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

The first episode was 2 hours, I guess that means it was actually 2 episodes then. Nice :P I don't listen to Talking Heads.
Old 4th August 2010, 10:40     #3213
wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
anyone watch Hung and like it?

wondering if i'll give it a go, i've got fuck all tv on the watch atm.
Hung is awesome - I definetly highly rate it.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:11     #3214
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Cunning linguist

Initially when I saw Hung pop up each week on the torrent site I thought it was Sammo Hung, some sort of Asian detective something or rather.

I had no idea it was about a dude with a massive cock mackin' bitches Californication stylez!!

watched half the first season last night. can't wait to watch the rest. has an awesome cast too, but fuck me those kids are ugly and biologically it'd be impossible that they'd be the kids of who they're the kids of. An athlete and prom queen / head cheerleader? LAWL, both those kids are morbidly obese and the male twin is quite possibly the ugliest human I've ever seen.
Old 5th August 2010, 14:46     #3215
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
Reynholm ;p

yeah, was a pretty boring ending. Moss is classic though, that dude's on another planet. His facial expressions are brilliant!
Hey, that leave request form is fake - it always says Moss has 213 days left.

http://www.reynholm.co.uk
Old 6th August 2010, 00:45     #3216
?>Superman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hv4ADUr-0E
Discovery Channel snippet about "The Colony"

Anyone seen the show?

lol @ how they invented some futuristic looter gang to attack the contestants
Old 6th August 2010, 08:20     #3217
creamcheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman

Anyone seen the show?

Yep, it's completely contrived bullshit.
Old 8th August 2010, 03:19     #3218
cryocore

Ok so it's a little premature, and rather niche, but anyway here is the first info and image for Avatar : The Legend of Korra

Quote:
Storyline

Avatar: Legend of Korra takes place 75 years after Avatar: The Last Airbender.[6] Korra is the next Avatar after Aang, a rebellious girl who is hotheaded, independent and "ready to take on the world".[7][8] Korra comes from the Southern Water Tribe, and has already mastered Earth, Fire, and Water. Aang and Katara's son Tenzin is her Airbending teacher.[9][10]

One of the story's settings is Republic City, a "metropolis powered by steam-type technology", "inhabited by people from all four nations". Here Korra must deal with rampant crime and an anti-bender revolt.[11] Mike and Bryan have said that the world of Avatar has "definitely changed, and evolved, and advanced, but we're very conscious of keeping the same feeling. Not totally different, but it's definitely generations later."[12]
Rumors

Note: PLEASE note that the below "confirmations" delivered to you by many Avatar fansites are NOT confirmed as of yet. DO NOT take most of the information here as a fact. Also, DO NOT edit things interpreted as "fact" into this article. Furthermore, do not add in "question is" and speculation debates.

These storyline elements remain unconfirmed.

* Aang is featured in the series in the Spirit World, as Roku and past Avatars were to Aang in the Last Airbender.
o This seems likely because Aang commented that no-one except a previous Avatar can really teach, or at least offer guidance to, the current Avatar about their duties beyond Bending. This reinforced an earlier statement from Gyatso to Aang that once Aang could enter the Air Temple Sanctuary he would meet someone who would help him become a better Avatar, when he finally entered the Sanctuary it contained only statues of all the previous Avatars.
o If Aang's own experiences are any guide Aang would seem the most likely past Avatar to speak to Korra. Aang immediately felt a strong connection with a statue of Roku, instinctively knowing Roku's name and that Roku was his previous self, and Roku appeared to Aang more regularly then any other of his previous selves.
* This tweet shows that there will be a character named Meelo in the series.[13] The tweet also says there will be a character named Wei Bei.[14]
* There is also a rumor that there will be flashbacks of the original series. This may be part of what was implied when DiMartino mentioned that there was a "definite link" between the old series and this one.
* Flashbacks in the new series may pertain to what the group did after The War, such as Zuko searching for his mother, the rebuilding of the Air Temples, the newly rebuilt Southern Water Tribe, if Kuei was restored to his throne, and Ba Sing Se after the Order of the White Lotus saved it from the Fire Nation.
* Flashbacks may also give insight on the development of Republic City, since a metropolis so large had to gain more people in more than 75 years.
o Republic City may have been a smaller nation in the original Avatar series.
+ During the original no mention was made of a nation other then the traditional four.
o It is possible the physical city existed during the original series, perhaps with a different name and as part of another nation, and has grown in the 75 years since.
+ However nothing about the city's history has been confirmed.
* This series might be a mini series with 12 episodes. It might also be released during Fall of next year.[15]
* Andrea Romano, the voice casting director of Avatar The Last Airbender and presently working on Legend of Korra, has stated that the generation of the original cast of characters has died off and will not be in the show. However she has not ruled out the possibility that previous characters may appear in flashbacks.
o She also said that the show takes place 75 years into the future.
* As mentioned, the cabbage merchant will not appear but "his legacy will be present in some form."
Confirmed for release 2011

I loved Avatar : The Legend of Aang, and have high hopes for this.

Last edited by cryocore : 8th August 2010 at 03:21.
Old 8th August 2010, 04:02     #3219
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamcheese
Yep, it's completely contrived bullshit.
shot for clearing that up before I wasted any bandwidth on it :D
Old 8th August 2010, 09:09     #3220
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:

Anyone seen the show?

I watched it on discovery but I wouldn't download it, there are some pretty lol moments but it's more of a scripted series then a 'reality show' ... It's done under the guise of an experiment so there is no prize but the 'contestants' buy into the whole thing way to much.

One guy actually takes off to 'use his skills to help rebuild this city'

Last edited by wugambino : 8th August 2010 at 09:13.
Old 8th August 2010, 11:21     #3221
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:

Anyone seen the show?

Whenever an ad for it played on Discovery it made me actual lol if that helps.
Old 8th August 2010, 11:47     #3222
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I thought Renholm vs Renholm was a little weak - bigger all IT in it. But I did correctly predict the owner of the purple shirt and suit sleeve that left the envelope.
weakest episode of the season so far
Old 8th August 2010, 13:02     #3223
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
What is this "so far" you speak of - there is more than 6?
Old 8th August 2010, 23:51     #3224
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
But it had a cameo from a season 1 character I'd completely forgotten about! Can we say who? Is there anyone that hasn't seen it yet?

edit
"On July 30, 2010, in an online live chat with The Guardian, Linehan confirmed that a US version of the show is back on."
From Wikipedia. SAD FACE. Goddam a US version is just gonna blow.

Last edited by fidgit : 8th August 2010 at 23:52.
Old 9th August 2010, 00:14     #3225
duckmannz

Old 9th August 2010, 00:20     #3226
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
From Wikipedia. SAD FACE. Goddam a US version is just gonna blow.
you haven't seen the office US i take it? cos that ish is on another!!
Old 9th August 2010, 01:16     #3227
fidgit
Always itchy

That is true, I haven't watched the US Office. I'd feel like I was cheating on Ricky... Though I do like Steve. Mostly I haven't because I tried a couple of the early eps, which were when they were still just re-filming the UK Scripts and found them to be shit compared to the OG. I've never been back (and have such a back log to watch that I'm not fused on this one).
Old 9th August 2010, 02:05     #3228
Nothing

Quote:
I'd feel like I was cheating on Ricky...
And I'm sure Ricky would be devastated if you did.
Old 9th August 2010, 08:26     #3229
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
That is true, I haven't watched the US Office. I'd feel like I was cheating on Ricky... Though I do like Steve. Mostly I haven't because I tried a couple of the early eps, which were when they were still just re-filming the UK Scripts and found them to be shit compared to the OG. I've never been back (and have such a back log to watch that I'm not fused on this one).
Having watched said backlog pretty close together not long ago, I would highly recommend doing it!

Was (and still am) a massive fan of the UK version but they really are completely different kettles of fish
Old 9th August 2010, 08:56     #3230
StN
I have detailed files

Are there not rumours that Ricky will be taking over from Steve when he leaves?
Old 9th August 2010, 09:19     #3231
herp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Gervais
There are still articles appearing about me taking over from Steve Carell on the American version of The Office. Maybe I haven't made it clear enough. I suppose it doesn't matter what I say for the world of entertainment news, so let's try a new approach.

Report one of the following...

I am definitely taking over from Steve Carell on The Office. Yes, I have been asked to take over as the new boss at Dunder Mifflin. I said yes. They made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. I will once again play David Brent and I take over next season. I can't wait. Steve Merchant and I will also write and direct. I will remain Executive Producer.

or...

I'm not taking over from Steve Carell and will just continue to make millions for doing fuck all because I created the show and all the characters, and own the format and it's being syndicated now and I get paid every time any episode of any version is played anywhere in the world, and I stopped my version at its height and I don't think I can improve on that, and I don't want to go back to that and get up at 6am every day of the week for 7 years.

Only one of these is true. I don't know which one to believe. What would you do if you were me?
Old 9th August 2010, 09:32     #3232
StN
I have detailed files

They are both good rumours!
Old 9th August 2010, 10:45     #3233
[BT]Monza

Just watched the 3rd and last episode of Sherlock, want more.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:40     #3234
blur^

latest true blood
ultra hot angry sex scene at the end with sooki and bill

man love scene not so good
Old 9th August 2010, 20:44     #3235
?>Superman

Devil grin

F&$* spoilers!

haha nah all good, i expect angry sex in every episode of true blood anyway.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:48     #3236
Fx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^
man love scene not so good
i liked its happy ending
Old 9th August 2010, 20:58     #3237
Nothing

Man, everything starts in September. Fringe, Dexter, Smallville, SG:U. The only thing that doesn't start at that point is Spartacus.
Old 9th August 2010, 21:05     #3238
?>Superman

Spartacus prequel expected jan 2011. Fuck the prequel I want S2 :D
Old 9th August 2010, 21:43     #3239
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervais
There are still articles appearing about me taking over from Steve Carell on the American version of The Office. Maybe I haven't made it clear enough. I suppose it doesn't matter what I say for the world of entertainment news, so let's try a new approach.

Report one of the following...

I am definitely taking over from Steve Carell on The Office. Yes, I have been asked to take over as the new boss at Dunder Mifflin. I said yes. They made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. I will once again play David Brent and I take over next season. I can't wait. Steve Merchant and I will also write and direct. I will remain Executive Producer.

or...

I'm not taking over from Steve Carell and will just continue to make millions for doing fuck all because I created the show and all the characters, and own the format and it's being syndicated now and I get paid every time any episode of any version is played anywhere in the world, and I stopped my version at its height and I don't think I can improve on that, and I don't want to go back to that and get up at 6am every day of the week for 7 years.

Only one of these is true. I don't know which one to believe. What would you do if you were me?
lol, man Gervais and Stephen Merchant must be so freaking rich by now.

Still, if it means they can make quiet little masterpieces like Cemetery Junction*, more power to them imo

*good movie in its own right, on a quiet night in, but worth it just to see the world's most awesome tattoo regardless
Old 10th August 2010, 00:11     #3240
herp

ari gold's wife is real whiney.