Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Gaming Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30th November 2010, 22:58     #481
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
I've been making a fun little painting of my interpretation of Minecraft - I've been recording it as a speed painting, it's almost there but I thought it felt relevant so I decided to post what I've done so far here.

That's awesome
Old 1st December 2010, 10:01     #482
BoyWonder

Agreed - that's cool
Old 1st December 2010, 18:57     #483
Sam

Have updated my server to 0.2.6_02 - unfortunately there's not an update for the fire/lava fixes yet (or an incompatibility between them and hey0's mod) so for now those nerfs are disabled.

If half the server is on fire now let me know and I'll roll back to a previous backup when it gets updated
Old 1st December 2010, 21:36     #484
crocos

What are folks using to prevent their inventory being nerfed between MP sessions?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st December 2010, 22:51     #485
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
What are folks using to prevent their inventory being nerfed between MP sessions?
Haven't had an issue... What's happening for you?
Old 1st December 2010, 23:48     #486
crocos

On the sam.net server, have had one crash where I lost the inv, and I wrote that off to the client crash

I've also had twice where I've disconnected normally and next time I log in there's no inv :/

Considering I've only connected to the server 4 times total...

Old 2nd December 2010, 12:36     #487
TB

There are known issues with inventory that notch is working on. New client and server out today.
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:48     #488
Sam

Will update once hey0's mod is updated to work with it (server update isn't mandatory anyway)
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:38     #489
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
On the sam.net server, have had one crash where I lost the inv, and I wrote that off to the client crash

I've also had twice where I've disconnected normally and next time I log in there's no inv :/

Considering I've only connected to the server 4 times total...
pressing ESC regularly works for me.... it seems to do a "local save" at that menu screen, that helps with inventory issues...
YMMV
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:43     #490
crocos

Ta.

Old 2nd December 2010, 21:35     #491
Sam

My server updated again to latest version. The TNT/lava nerfs should be back again, though I'm using a hMod plugin for it this time around, rather than Llamacraft (which was a direct mod of the server itself rather than a plugin for hMod).

Let me know if anything is behaving differently/weirdly, if there's any config changes you think should be made etc...

Will update WMS later tonight.
Old 3rd December 2010, 22:00     #492
mpx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0qg7tAi75Y
Speedpaint complete!
Old 3rd December 2010, 22:07     #493
pxpx

^ epic
Old 6th December 2010, 22:09     #494
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

hey Sam, can we get a new map render? There's a few new things worth looking at

chur
Old 6th December 2010, 23:03     #495
Lightspeed

What a legend. What's the music from?
Old 7th December 2010, 17:56     #496
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
hey Sam, can we get a new map render? There's a few new things worth looking at

chur
Yep, I've stopped the server and taken the opportunity to (finally) trim off the extra bits of map that were outside the boundaries.

I'm doing another map render now. Will restart the server when it's completed (though it might take an hour or two)...
Old 7th December 2010, 21:21     #497
IceFox

good stuff mpx =D
Old 8th December 2010, 01:19     #498
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Will restart the server when it's completed (though it might take an hour or two)...
...or eight!
Old 8th December 2010, 07:59     #499
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

lol
Old 8th December 2010, 12:15     #500
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

ummm... the map render is a bit funny...
half and half between old data and new, depending on your zoom level....
Old 8th December 2010, 12:36     #501
Sam

Quote:
ummm... the map render is a bit funny...
half and half between old data and new, depending on your zoom level....
Looks ok to me, tried Ctrl-F5 or clear your cache?
Old 8th December 2010, 12:49     #502
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

works fine in a different browser, but chrome (both home and work) is showing the funny behaviour - ctrl-f5 was the first thing I tried
Old 8th December 2010, 13:03     #503
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

incognito window in chrome works too
Old 8th December 2010, 21:33     #504
pxpx

lol epic! golden road looks great
Old 10th December 2010, 17:53     #505
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

my "lighthouse" looks shit in the render, so I've fixed it (all that overflowing lava is a bit shite)
Old 12th December 2010, 08:31     #506
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

beta has a due date!!
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441...cember-20-2010

note: buy the game NOW (during alpha) = free updates for life. buy the game during beta (and take a 50% increase in price) = free updates up to full release...

So, if you are lurking this thread, get it now!!!!
Old 12th December 2010, 16:23     #507
TB

By free updates for life he means expaantion content such as the zombie survival mode etc. Game patches etc are free for all of course. The gift system will be up soon.
Old 14th December 2010, 00:56     #508
sinner

gah

I'm such the noob!
I get it now, it's all about the render.
My skull is too small and faces the wrong way lols

on another note, how does one get granted admin to build epic scale goodies?

I have this idea to create a manx engine model.

Last edited by sinner : 14th December 2010 at 00:57.
Old 19th December 2010, 23:57     #509
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

decided to return to my railway to put carts and boosters on it....

was working quite well, until I got to a bit where someone had put a fence beside the track (I assume/hope they were trying to keep the animals off the tracks). Unfortunately, it's fucked the tracks - need at least 1 block gap between tracks and the fence otherwise it doesn't work very well....

I'm altering as I go, but in future can we keep a 1+ block gap? ta.
Old 20th December 2010, 14:16     #510
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

fairly impressed with the minecart mechanic:

So, I started where it says "start booster" and just let it take me as far as it could.....
Got slightly further than where it says "End up here", but beyond that is uphill, and I rolled back :D

And just beyond there is all the fences.... but it was farking awesome.....

Just using "Two-way compact design" booster from here:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Bo...compact_design
Old 20th December 2010, 19:08     #511
verve_rat

So with beta almost here, are we going to come up with a date/time to reset the WMS server for some MP zombie goodness?

I vote noon 2nd Jan. Earlier than that an we get caught up in holiday bollocks, later and people might be back at work, which means waiting for a weekend.

Thoughts?
Old 20th December 2010, 19:33     #512
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

sounds good....
suggestion being that sam.net.nz remains the "creative" server with all the good
/item
/jumpto
/warp
no damage
no mobs
etc

and WMS becomes a new survival multiplayer with all the damage and no 'cheat' commands and mobs etc.

sound about right?
Old 20th December 2010, 20:35     #513
mpx

Sounds good to me! Can't wait!

I jumped on Sam server for the first time in a few weeks and had an explore on Rince's railway - I started getting rid of those fences but christ, they take a while to take down. I only got through about 20 before giving up haha.
Old 20th December 2010, 23:37     #514
Mojo

I'm so fucking keen, thanks for the heads up about the beta, snaked in today and got alpha price.
Logged into Sam and gotta say you guys have really pulled off some impressive shit, were all those blocks mined on Sam or have commands been used to gather the resources you guys used on those wicked projects ?
Did a shitload of digging on WMS, still getting the hang of things. Extremely excited about playing survival.
Old 21st December 2010, 08:22     #515
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Sounds good to me! Can't wait!

I jumped on Sam server for the first time in a few weeks and had an explore on Rince's railway - I started getting rid of those fences but christ, they take a while to take down. I only got through about 20 before giving up haha.
tell me about it - I've tried lava and water to speed it up, but the fences are immune
At one point, I simply built upwards to get beyond the reach of the fence and put the railway on that....

anyways: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2389820531/minecraft-beta (woot!)
Old 21st December 2010, 08:25     #516
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo
Logged into Sam and gotta say you guys have really pulled off some impressive shit, were all those blocks mined on Sam or have commands been used to gather the resources you guys used on those wicked projects ?
on Sam's server you can press t to talk to then type "/item <id> <quantity>" and that speeds things up
I was talking to pxpx online the other night about this - I reckon I use /item about 60-70% of the time, and actually mining and crafting the rest.... (I never smelt - takes too fucking long)
Old 21st December 2010, 11:23     #517
mpx

Quote:
tell me about it - I've tried lava and water to speed it up, but the fences are immune
At one point, I simply built upwards to get beyond the reach of the fence and put the railway on that....

anyways: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2389820531/minecraft-beta (woot!)
Haha yeah I tried the lava deal too.. all it did was burn the rails!

So is Beta out yet!?
Old 21st December 2010, 12:37     #518
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Haha yeah I tried the lava deal too.. all it did was burn the rails!

So is Beta out yet!?
Yeah, it is actually (and already a .01 patch release too)

http://notch.tumblr.com/

Quote:
Minecraft Beta

I just updated the client and the server to Minecraft Beta 1.0

* Working server-side inventory! Finally! (And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed)
* Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don’t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds
* Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen
* Fixed /kill
* Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before
* You can now throw eggs
* On a whim, added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees
* .. and something else, which is even more rare
Quote:
Minor patch 1.0_01. More bugfixes tomorrow.

Client 1.0_01 is up, fixing a double chest issue and a rare crash on load level bug.

There’s a serious problem getting the client started for some people (especially Mac OSX?). I’ve also heard about weird item duplication bugs with dropped items, and a severe performance reduction.

It’s 7:40 PM here, but I will work on these bugs tomorrow.

I’m also hoping to be able to squeeze in some fun for xmas.. Perhaps a new mob?
Will update servers later today
Old 21st December 2010, 18:22     #519
mpx

*Grips chair* Come onnnnnnnnnnn, I want to play some SMPPPPPPPPPPP!
Old 21st December 2010, 18:27     #520
Mojo

+1