Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11th December 2008, 07:40     #6001
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
i wonder how electricians that have recently worked on anything around or connected to the gutted mitre10 building are feeling right now
Imagine how the insurance company feels (I don't think it was my employer - I've not seen anyone crying in the last day or two).
Old 11th December 2008, 09:08     #6002
crocos

WHO WILL THINK OF THE INSURERS??!? /cry

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 11th December 2008, 10:35     #6003
StN
I have detailed files

Maybe they tried to topdeck off the diving platform?
Old 11th December 2008, 11:23     #6004
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
"Teachers come during the weekend and find 10 to 12 kids in the pool. They tell them to scarper and they head in all directions."
Hmm... might want to build a wall around that pool.

Quote:
Youths also biked on a roof, causing expensive damage.
Might want to... remove the ramp leading to the roof? WTF?
Old 11th December 2008, 19:59     #6005
Reformed_Quint

bought a house today.

Well i made an offer they accepted it. Paper work to follow.

i'm scared
Old 11th December 2008, 20:25     #6006
The Brad

uniforms

occured to me today when i saw a fire truck drive past.

a good number of woman go gaga at guys in uniform. this is is expected.

BUT when a guy goes slack jawed at a chic in a uniform, we get called pedos.

double standards i say
Old 11th December 2008, 20:29     #6007
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
bought a house today.

i'm scared
Good work, and congrats
Old 11th December 2008, 20:51     #6008
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brad
occured to me today when i saw a fire truck drive past.

a good number of woman go gaga at guys in uniform. this is is expected.

BUT when a guy goes slack jawed at a chic in a uniform, we get called pedos.

double standards i say
its like when i tell the missus i want her to dress up as a schoolgirl and she calls me a pedophile. well last time i checked, you can be in school and be above the age of consent

and pedophile is a pretty big word fore an 8 year old
Old 11th December 2008, 21:08     #6009
Sp0nge

Quote:
bought a house today....i'm scared
congrats.
after a big decision like that its perfectly natural to feel a bit apprehensive,
but as long as you didnt over-exert yourself on the mortgage, its likely a good move.

chances are you paid less for the house than you would have a year ago, and have had that extra year to save more
Old 11th December 2008, 21:56     #6010
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Wow tofu risotto isnt that bad after all....
Old 11th December 2008, 22:40     #6011
Claymore

Quote:
bought a house today.

i'm scared
It's easy as Got my contract today for signing of the house I'm buying over here, so just waiting on mortgage to be finalised then it's done and dusted.
Old 11th December 2008, 23:02     #6012
Evoke

hopefully you didn't fix for too long.. damn fixed mortgage, had i known it's impossibly (practically not technically) to get out, I might have thought about it longer.
Old 11th December 2008, 23:17     #6013
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

You took one side of a bet. The bank took the other. This time the bank has won.

If you want to get out you simply have to pay the bank off. It's no big deal.
Old 11th December 2008, 23:40     #6014
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore
It's easy as Got my contract today for signing of the house I'm buying over here, so just waiting on mortgage to be finalised then it's done and dusted.
Yea, its easy... too easy, thats what has me all up the piss.

Years and years to save the 10s of thousands of dollars for a deposit... and it'll disappear, i kind of want someone to recognize and somehow make it a big deal.

But its not...

*shrug* i'm sure everyone that has purchased a house has felt the same.
Old 11th December 2008, 23:58     #6015
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You'll get a whole new good feeling the first time you hammer in a picture hook or a nail, and realise that it's your house and you don't need to ask anyone for permission to do it.
Old 12th December 2008, 01:23     #6016
TnT

^^
This man spaketh the truth.
Old 12th December 2008, 02:10     #6017
caffiend

The above 2 posts are the very reason I want to buy a house.

I'm still (!) fucking renting, and I constantly eye up the various parts of this house and want to change shit...
Old 12th December 2008, 02:11     #6018
dead goon

still renting? not such a big deal in this day and age.
Old 12th December 2008, 02:14     #6019
caffiend

Yeah, but I'm using my scale. And on my scale renting sucks.
Old 12th December 2008, 07:51     #6020
darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Yeah, but I'm using my scale. And on my scale renting sucks.

totally with you on that one. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I'm not going to have a deposit for a while. So not going to have my own home for ages.
Old 12th December 2008, 08:43     #6021
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You'll get a whole new good feeling the first time you hammer in a picture hook or a nail, and realise that it's your house and you don't need to ask anyone for permission to do it.
Imagine my delight when I stripped out the entire basement (with the invaluable destructive power of one _diabolix_ ), got a window put in, framed up another couple of doors and started fitting it out as a studio.

That just ain't happening in a rental, and I STILL have a full-on metal chubby over it.
Old 12th December 2008, 08:44     #6022
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
bollox.... take you mancard back.....

what you should have said was "drilling a hole in the walls to run UTP around the place, and then telling your wife 'it's under control, sweetheart' as you go for attempt #3"

on the subject - today marks a special day for the wife and I in our homeowning experience: today we become owner-occupiers of one property, and landlords of another. The empire starts officially today
Old 12th December 2008, 08:50     #6023
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoke
hopefully you didn't fix for too long.. damn fixed mortgage, had i known it's impossibly (practically not technically) to get out, I might have thought about it longer.
fixed >> variable IMO, in the long run.

(unless you fix at a ridiculous rate, then in which case get a new broker, and on that subject our broker has been brilliant over teh last 5 years - more of a financial adviser than a mortgage broker - if anyone in the (04) wants his contact details, drop me a line: rince69 at that google mail thingy)
Old 12th December 2008, 10:10     #6024
Cyberbob

Here's a study I can get behind.

Quote:
Study: More Young Adults Engaging In Risky Anal Sex
Experts Worry About Increased Risk Of HIV

POSTED: 10:43 am MST December 10, 2008

DENVER -- A new study suggests that anal sex is on the rise among teens and young adults, particularly among those who engage in unprotected sex.

In the study, released in November, by Bradley Hasbro Children's Research Center in Rhode Island, researchers assessed the sexual behavior of 1,348 adolescents and young adults between the ages of 15 and 21 who had unprotected sex in the previous three months. They found that 16 percent had engaged in heterosexual anal intercourse within the time frame, with condoms being used just 29 percent of the time.

Females who had heterosexual anal sex were more likely to be living with their partners, to have two or more sexual partners and to have previously experienced coerced intercourse.

"The topic of anal intercourse is often considered taboo -- especially when discussed in the context of youth relationships -- even though we know that this behavior is a significant risk factor for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. It's critical that we recognize that more and more young people are engaging in anal sex so we can open the lines of communications and help them protect their sexual health," said Celia Lescano of Brown University, the Bradley Hasbro study lead author.

"We must teach teen girls and young women how to be assertive in sexual relationships, such as refusing unwanted sexual acts and negotiating for safer sex, whether it's anal or vaginal."

"It really is shocking how many myths young people have about anal sex," said Judy Kuriansky, a Columbia University professor and author of "Sexuality Education: Past Present and Future."

"They don't think you can get a disease from it because you're not having intercourse," she told ABCNews.com.

The Hasbro study, conducted in Atlanta, Miami and Providence, used audio computer-assisted self-interview technology to allow participants to input their responses directly, without having to talk to an interviewer.

The study was published online by the American Journal of Public Health.

"Given the subject matter, it is likely that the numbers reported may actually be an underestimate of the prevalence of these behaviors," said Lescano.

The results of the study worry AIDS researchers who say anal sex can increase the chance of infection. A CDC fact sheet explained the risks of anal sex. First, "the lining of the rectum is thin and may allow the virus to enter the body." It also said "condoms are more likely to break during anal sex than during vaginal sex."

Anecdotal, ABC News reported, young adults have confirmed the rise in anal sex, including the perception that it is safe.

Other teens said anal sex over vaginal is popular because it keeps them "technically" a virgin.

A well-publicized 2005 study that used data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health found that teenagers who take "virginity pledges" were more likely to engage in oral or anal sex than non pledging teens and were less likely to use condoms once they became sexually active.

The study was conducted by researchers at Yale and Columbia universities.

The Journal of Adolescent Health reported that rising rates of anal sex among teens is reflected in the general adult population where anal sex rates have doubled since 1995.

"An open dialogue between health care providers and their young patients about anal intercourse is becoming increasingly important, and clinicians should ask about anal sex during discussions about vaginal intercourse and protection – regardless of the patient's gender or reported sexual orientation," said Lescano.
Old 12th December 2008, 10:16     #6025
Lightspeed

I don't understand the appeal of anal sex. Between the choice of a soft, pink, naturally lubricating orifice and the orifice shit comes out, why would you choose the latter?
Old 12th December 2008, 10:23     #6026
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I don't understand the appeal of anal sex. Between the choice of a soft, pink, naturally lubricating orifice and the orifice shit comes out, why would you choose the latter?
Quote:
Other teens said anal sex over vaginal is popular because it keeps them "technically" a virgin.

A well-publicized 2005 study that used data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health found that teenagers who take "virginity pledges" were more likely to engage in oral or anal sex than non pledging teens and were less likely to use condoms once they became sexually active.
Fear of God?
Old 12th December 2008, 10:37     #6027
Lightspeed

Bad theology. But aside from that, in-the-butt sex still appeals to some ( many? )

Last edited by Lightspeed : 12th December 2008 at 10:38.
Old 12th December 2008, 10:37     #6028
crocos

Quote:
bought a house today.

i'm scared
I remember this: When I wasn't scared I was either exhilarated, depressed, or panicked. Overall though, it was a good decision, and I'm happy that I did.

Congrats man!

Old 12th December 2008, 12:23     #6029
Sp0nge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I don't understand the appeal of anal sex.
surely you have read Freud
Old 12th December 2008, 14:51     #6030
Redneck

Saw a "haydos117" in rainbow six vegas 2 last night
Old 12th December 2008, 15:10     #6031
CCS
Stunt Pants

And you were reminded of this by people talking about anal sex?
Old 12th December 2008, 15:11     #6032
chiQ
Frag-muff

You need to ask?
Old 12th December 2008, 15:12     #6033
CCS
Stunt Pants

Just double checking.
Old 12th December 2008, 15:13     #6034
chiQ
Frag-muff

Good man
Old 12th December 2008, 15:24     #6035
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore
Got my contract today for signing of the house I'm buying over here, so just waiting on mortgage to be finalised then it's done and dusted.
Cool, then your a homo. ..ner.
Old 12th December 2008, 15:39     #6036
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
And you were reminded of this by people talking about anal sex?
Up the bum, no babies!

Old 12th December 2008, 16:04     #6037
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
surely you have read Freud
Is that when you say one thing but really mean a mother?
Old 12th December 2008, 16:24     #6038
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'm sick of these pun threads, let's not go any father.
Old 12th December 2008, 16:56     #6039
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

ok ab - mum's the word.
Old 12th December 2008, 16:59     #6040
Sp0nge

point taken...from now on, I'll be on my pest behaviour