User Name
Password

Old 18th March 2019, 14:43     #41
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
The Crusaders have to change their name, and change it now

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport...-change-it-now
it's always been a shit name and I've always cringed inside. Change it.
Old 18th March 2019, 15:42     #42
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Aren't we already supposed to be in the era of mass surveillance? You know, Moment of Truth, Snowden and Greenwald, Five Eyes shit, all that stuff. Fat lot of good it seems to be doing. Or as Pablo said the other day, perhaps they only spy on brown people.
That's right. Is there a window here to call that out in any real sense?
Old 18th March 2019, 16:08     #43
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I think if this was suggested a week ago there would be a big PC gone mad moan from the public. Now people might be less likely to kick up a stink.
Old 18th March 2019, 16:12     #44
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

They’ll still moan, and ye shall know them by their moans. Fuckem. Change it.
Old 18th March 2019, 16:17     #45
Deadmeat

♪ ♫ ♬

Can you hear the boomers whinge
Singing a song of ageing racists
This is the music of a people who will not adapt to change
Old 18th March 2019, 16:30     #46
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yep - change it.

It was probably only a joke at the start when we had King Richard. Interested to hear his take.

Last edited by StN : 18th March 2019 at 16:32.
Old 18th March 2019, 16:49     #47
StN
I have detailed files

The Police are not fucking around.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...le-publication

I heard of 15 cars, a helicopter and 40 armed cops chasing a stolen car yesterday. Tensions are high.
Old 18th March 2019, 17:15     #48
Nich

Youtube has removed the song that was playing in the guy's car during the live stream.

I guess PewDiePie get's removed next?

NZ police also trying to track IPs of anyone attempting to access the video. So think twice if you do feel compelled to view the video (perhaps to remind yourself how evil the world can be).
Old 18th March 2019, 17:37     #49
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
I guess PewDiePie get's removed next?
We can only hope.

I wouldn't mind seeing the end of the footage, where the gunman is chased off by a guy with a credit card machine and then his own gun. But no one's death should be publicly accessible like that. And really people need to be protected from their own morbid curiosity, many who do will regret watching the footage for a long time.

It's interesting the police have to try and obtain IP addresses. Maybe cause they're facing the public they have to maintain the façade that it's difficult.
Old 18th March 2019, 17:58     #50
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I guess you didn't read the comments on the Stuff article/Facebook post about this yesterday. Wholly fuck people.

i know, i know. Don't read the comments.
Old 18th March 2019, 18:02     #51
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I contacted my ISP (BigPipe) regarding the blocks to get more info, and they say they are attempting to work with websites to have content removed before they will unblock them.

I guess that's the most reasonable approach (and I'm OK with it as a temporary solution), but I guess that is no guarantee the sites will all comply, so we may lose access to a few permanently.
Old 18th March 2019, 18:26     #52
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Terrible that Jacinda live streams her inquiry announcement using Facebook instead of say Parliament TV.

Fuck that platform and all the organisations that rely on it instead of being internet-savvy.
Old 18th March 2019, 19:27     #53
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Terrible that Jacinda live streams her inquiry announcement using Facebook instead of say Parliament TV.

Fuck that platform and all the organisations that rely on it instead of being internet-savvy.
Truth
Old 18th March 2019, 19:57     #54
MadMax
Stuff

It’s has been seen by a large percentage of kiwis already. Have heard directly from a handful of people that have seen the video who were all shared directly to it and didn’t realise what they were watching until it was too late.

Last edited by MadMax : 18th March 2019 at 20:00.
Old 18th March 2019, 20:02     #55
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah that was my experience. Thanks very much for twitter vid auto play @jack you cunt.
Old 18th March 2019, 20:13     #56
fixed_truth

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12213950
Quote:
"I was asked 'how do you feel about the person who killed your wife?' and I said 'I love that person because he is a human, a brother of mine," he said.

"I do not support what he did - he got it wrong.

"But maybe he was hurt, maybe something happened to him in his life … but the bottom line is, he is a brother of mine.

"I have forgiven him and I am sure if my wife was alive she would have done the same thing.

"I hold no grudge."
Wow
Old 18th March 2019, 21:54     #57
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
It’s has been seen by a large percentage of kiwis already. Have heard directly from a handful of people that have seen the video who were all shared directly to it and didn’t realise what they were watching until it was too late.
A mate of mine was unlucky enough to load up reddit just as it was happening.
Old 19th March 2019, 15:08     #58
Lightspeed

Nicky Hager was on Al Jazeera. His interview boiled down to basically we need to start spying on white people too.

I definitely like his idea of diversity of intelligence rather than just being stuck with 5-Eyes and the Anglo-American sphere.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 19th March 2019 at 15:12.
Old 19th March 2019, 15:17     #59
blynk

Heard some Jo Public talking about something similar.
About how because she is non white, and will travel to Turkey she gets the third degree all the time.
But some white dude doing it is fine.
Old 20th March 2019, 12:12     #60
Nich

Websites are getting blocked all over the shop at ISP level. Telstra, Optus, Vodaphone in Aus are blocking websites for merely reporting on the terrorist attack (zerohedge, for instance).

But yet, the enabler of all this carnage, Facebook, still unblocked? I don't get it. Infact, Facebook is being called on to flex its censorship powers and work with government in the aftermath. Once again Facebook is the problem... and the solution?

Also, the newspapers were all sharing screengrabs of the video + filling entire papers with details of the attack (names, times, history, motive, maps, victims, oh my). But yet they don't face consequences for glorifying the attack + possessing the video?

Last edited by Nich : 20th March 2019 at 12:14.
Old 20th March 2019, 15:22     #61
pxpx

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

Good.
Old 20th March 2019, 20:43     #62
Lightspeed

No mention of right-wing extremist threats in 10 years of GCSB and SIS public docs

It's enough to make me paranoid. I'm still sceptical of conspiracy, but I'm very concerned about an alignment of values that's effectively producing the same result: an international intelligence community with its head so far up its white arse that all its able to see are brown threats.
Old 20th March 2019, 20:55     #63
StN
I have detailed files

Awesome - Police handed back the Al Noor mosque on Tuesday night. Tradies are working non-stop for the next two days to return it to service by Friday. None want it reported who they are - and are probably doing it for free.
Old 21st March 2019, 00:35     #64
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Awesome - Police handed back the Al Noor mosque on Tuesday night. Tradies are working non-stop for the next two days to return it to service by Friday. None want it reported who they are - and are probably doing it for free.
Old 21st March 2019, 16:35     #65
StN
I have detailed files

Wandered down to the gardens entrance last night with the daughter. Overcome with the smell of lillies. 130m x (mostly)4m of flowers, candles, posters and stuffed animals. The pictures on TV don't convey the enormity of it.

And today, this:

Blakes note
Old 21st March 2019, 17:53     #66
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

A few new things happened today.

I spoke Arabic (never done that before) because I was visiting a mosque (never done that before) having a one-on-one with the Imam (never done that before).

After using up my entire Arabic vocabulary on 2 seconds of interpersonal greetings I said I was not a Muslim and had never visited a mosque before and was a Kiwi and visiting because I was just so fucking sorry for what had happened and I wanted to come and say that in person. The Imam accepted my babblings with grace and we spoke a bit, he with the sort of poise that I imagine you'd need in order to be leader of a Muslim community in the whitest city in IAmNotARacistButLand, and he said that he thought I was a good cunt for coming and speaking with him and that he knew that what had happened didn't represent New Zealand and I said well I represent me and my family and I'm fucking ashamed.

Insofar as you savages are all part of the greater NZG whanau that means I apologised for you all too. So if any of you bump into some Muslims, you're cool.

* there may not have been as much swearing in reality
Old 22nd March 2019, 00:57     #67
BWDOWN

From Joe Green - NZ Police national arms control section manager from 1998 to 2013...

In my opinion piece published in the DomPost on 20 March 2019 I said that “Legislators would do well to begin with a close review of the firearms licensing process as it was applied to Friday’s offender. It is after all the mechanism by which he gained lawful access to firearms”.
I now understand that the firearms licensing process as it was applied to the offender in the Christchurch shootings was compromised in that:
• The offender applied for his firearms licence in a Police District in which he might have an increased chance of getting it approved.
• It seems that there was no interview of the offender’s spouse, partner or next of kin (the person who knows them best).
• The process requires the interview of an unrelated referee. I understand that two people were interviewed. They knew the offender primarily through an on-line chat room. Both referees are recorded as saying the same.
• The offender declined to be interviewed at his home. He was interviewed at his place of work.
• There is doubt as to if a home visit and security inspection took place.
• It is apparent in the vetting process that the offender has no friends as such.

This outlines a classic scenario for someone setting up to obtain a firearms licence for nefarious purposes, and because due process was not followed, he succeeded.

Having obtained a firearms licence it is but a short step to obtaining firearms. A step he took.

Changing the law in terms of the possession and use of firearms by law abiding people will have little effect on safety unless the integrity of the licensing process is maintained.

If the above is true (Police are investigating) then the NZ Police have blood on their hands....
Old 22nd March 2019, 08:47     #68
leadinjector

yep, thats fucking shithouse. i remember a mate of mine getting his license, the dude was thorough as. whoever signed off that license is kakking themselves now
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:12     #69
StN
I have detailed files

Powerful - at the entrance to the Memorial Park cemetery.

Old 22nd March 2019, 12:43     #70
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Wtf

Whitcoulls bans Jordan Peterson’s “12 Rules for Life” because reasons

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12215124
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:20     #71
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWDOWN
Can any confirm at the he did actually have a gun license from another country, and was that used as part of the process for him to gain the NZ license.

As I understand it, it helps dramatically and probably reduced the level of checks required.

So if they determined he had already gone through the checks in another country, then online referees & visiting the workplace may have been considered ok.

Another point that I'm sure that if this guy didn't get a gun license, he would have found another way to get the guns.
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:27     #72
Nich

If one wants to stop pouring fuel onto inflammatory ideologies, ban Facebook. The sum total of all other websites, books, and controversial speakers still equates to a mere fraction of the social disruption caused by Facebook.
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:50     #73
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

Not surprised. We will do the thinking for you, citizen.
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:50     #74
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
From Joe Green - NZ Police national arms control section manager from 1998 to 2013...

In my opinion piece published in the DomPost on 20 March 2019 I said that “Legislators would do well to begin with a close review of the firearms licensing process as it was applied to Friday’s offender. It is after all the mechanism by which he gained lawful access to firearms”.
I now understand that the firearms licensing process as it was applied to the offender in the Christchurch shootings was compromised in that:
• The offender applied for his firearms licence in a Police District in which he might have an increased chance of getting it approved.
• It seems that there was no interview of the offender’s spouse, partner or next of kin (the person who knows them best).
• The process requires the interview of an unrelated referee. I understand that two people were interviewed. They knew the offender primarily through an on-line chat room. Both referees are recorded as saying the same.
• The offender declined to be interviewed at his home. He was interviewed at his place of work.
• It is apparent in the vetting process that the offender has no friends as such.

This outlines a classic scenario for someone setting up to obtain a firearms licence for nefarious purposes, and because due process was not followed, he succeeded.

Having obtained a firearms licence it is but a short step to obtaining firearms. A step he took.

Changing the law in terms of the possession and use of firearms by law abiding people will have little effect on safety unless the integrity of the licensing process is maintained.

If the above is true (Police are investigating) then the NZ Police have blood on their hands....
Quote:
"The vetting process was undertaken by a Police Firearms Vetting Officer in Dunedin, where the accused resided," the (police) spokesperson said.

"The accused initially listed a family member as one of his referees but that person did not reside in New Zealand.

"Policy states that a referee must be a resident of New Zealand, therefore new referees were requested.

"The accused provided two further referees who met the requirements of the process and were interviewed face to face by a Police Firearms Vetting Officer.

"One of the steps to gaining a firearms licence is a home visit to meet the applicant in person and inspect the security of their property."

In October 2017, the accused was interviewed at his home address in Dunedin.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12215238
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:52     #75
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Not surprised. We will do the thinking for you, citizen.
Still available from Whitcoulls:

Quote:
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
ISBN 9780395925034
Paperback
$44.95

Hitler outlines a program of blood and terror in this self-revealing classic.
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:53     #76
madmaxii

Quote:

From Stuff at 12:30 today:

Quote:
Police said the accused filed an application for a firearms licence in September 2017 in Dunedin.

The vetting process was undertaken by a police firearms vetting officer in Dunedin, where the accused resided.

The accused initially listed a family member as one of his referees, but that person did not reside in New Zealand, the statement said.

Policy states a referee must be a resident of New Zealand, so new referees were requested.

"The accused provided two further referees, who met the requirements of the process and were interviewed face-to-face by a police firearms vetting officer," the statement said.

"One of the steps to gaining a firearms licence is a home visit to meet the applicant in person and inspect the security of their property."

In October 2017, the accused was interviewed at his home address in Dunedin. A security inspection took place at the same time.

"Following this, all the available information was reviewed and the licence was approved in November 2017," the statement said.
Old 22nd March 2019, 15:28     #77
pxpx

Old 22nd March 2019, 16:30     #78
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

Who cares?

And the comparison to Mein Kampf is nonsensical. One of them (however unpalatable) is of historical significance, the other is The Secret rewritten for incels.
Old 22nd March 2019, 16:41     #79
xor

Can you back that up please?
Old 22nd March 2019, 17:00     #80
Deadmeat

Which part?