Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 2nd August 2005, 10:23     #81
Savage

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightspeed
There's a difference between someone looking you in the eye and someone in the next stall when you're laying a cabal.
Laying a Cabal? Must hurt passing turds that big ...
Old 2nd August 2005, 10:29     #82
Jodi

Very angry

The only stupid people in this world are those who refuse to learn.

So my pet peeve, is dealing with stupid people.
Old 2nd August 2005, 10:37     #83
Cyberbob

I hate people that refuse to learn something new..

Just had a software rollout at a clients site, and no matter how many times i try and get them to follow a process, they refuse to do it, and basically say they can't do it, but refuse to let me help them do it, they just want me to do it all for them.

Females who are too snobby for their own level of hotness.
Hot chicks tend to be snobby, thats fine, but if you're not hot enough to be that snobby, you're not going to get anywhere.

That, and Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Men

Last edited by Cyberbob : 2nd August 2005 at 10:40.
Old 2nd August 2005, 10:45     #84
eff tee

Quote:
Originally posted by chiQ
Oh hell yeah. I took males (friends and boyfriends, but no partners at that stage) along when I was looking for both the homes I bought by myself, and every time, be the RE agents male or female, they would automatically address and show the respect to the guy. Never mind that I was asking the questions, and standing in front of them. They'd look over my shoulder and talk to the freaking friend/boyfriend, and even after the male in question told them that they were just along to help it continued. BaM was with me when I was looking for the last place, and he couldn't believe how tactless they were.

When BaM and I bought this latest house it was the first time I'd bought jointly with someone else, and we encountered a few agents who didn't do this, so either Kapiti agents are less archaic in their value systems or things have changed in general.
I used to always come across agents that would want to show me the kitchen. I'd be like "Why? I don't cook." That tended to shut them up.
Am dragging Sid down in October to look at some houses and see some people, so would be lovely to catch up with you guys.

As an aside, was just reading that original thread and found these classics from Cookie. Wow, she was something else, that girl....

She hates:
- fat people
- being groped by randoms
- condoms
- the fact that once a bra size goes above a D-cup, the straps become thicker and uglier.

So.....translated into what she really wanted all the guys in the thread to know:

I am skinny, I am hot, I get sex, and I have big tits.

LOLOL. Oh how I miss her and her ego.
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:10     #85
xor

Very angry

People who try to fuck around with my gf's laptop when she's either at uni or her bollocks flatmate who has discovered 'disk defragger'

People who ask me to fix their pc's or offer advice on upgrading their dial up connection...

People who manage to get a BE and still not speak English

Girls who wear heels on my Wooden floors

Arts/Media students who talk about some linux vs Ms conspiracy they read in the listener.

Bad food!!! i really hate going to new places and paying good money for mediocre food

Uni computers that run on 60hz.

I feel better now
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:16     #86
Savage

Quote:
Originally posted by xor
People who ask me to fix their pc's
*cough-splutter*
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:19     #87
xor

lol

Saaaaaad, all those missions out souf. VeeeeeeeeeeeEEETeecccch
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:20     #88
Cyberbob

People that are "fine" wth 60hz refresh rates

Makes my eyes bleed.
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:27     #89
ZuldaN

Quote:
Heck, I use the middle cubicle because I know that it's the least used cubicle.
Actually the cubicle closed to the door is generally the least used one.
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:32     #90
Cinclant

Yeah I remember grinding my feet all over Eddie's couch.
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:41     #91
Simon
SHG

quoted for Max to read when he's older

Quote:
Originally posted by eff tee
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:56     #92
[BT]Monza

Angry talking

What grinds my gears? On the odd occasion I have to crawl around on hands and knees under a users desk (usually to plug a network cable in) someone has to make a sexual innuendo loaded joke about it. FFS, I have herd them all, none of them are funny.
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:58     #93
xor

Quote:
Originally posted by [BT]Monza
What grinds my gears? On the odd occasion I have to crawl around on hands and knees under a users desk (usually to plug a network cable in) someone has to make a sexual innuendo loaded joke about it. FFS, I have herd them all, none of them are funny.
Opening doors for engineers, really annoying having to get up. They should like install a button that unlocks it or something
Old 2nd August 2005, 12:04     #94
Savage

Quote:
Originally posted by [BT]Monza
Unless its one of the few-and-far-between hotties
Old 2nd August 2005, 12:15     #95
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally posted by ZuldaN
Actually the cubicle closed to the door is generally the least used one.
Not where I work.

I have two sets of evidence that corroborates this:

1) The cleaners leave the seat down with toilet paper over it - the middle stall is always the last one left like that.
2) The cleaners regularly fill up the toilet roll holders, I've noticed that the middle stall usually has more paper left than the two side stills.

60Hz is evil.
Old 2nd August 2005, 12:20     #96
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Am dragging Sid down in October to look at some houses and see some people, so would be lovely to catch up with you guys.
Sweeeeeet. Mail me when you have fixed dates - chiQ at NZG will get me
Old 2nd August 2005, 12:29     #97
EvilLumpy

Quote:
Originally posted by xor
Opening doors for engineers, really annoying having to get up. They should like install a button that unlocks it or something
Ahh I see the tradition of operator apathy still runs strong...

I feel so proud

*wipes tear*
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:01     #98
eff tee

Cheesy grin

Simon,

Max would die laughing. It's woefully obvious I'm not referring to myself lol.

Anyway, enough cheek from you or we'll buy your boy a drum kit.
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:20     #99
Mabd

Devil grin

You forgot her "hate the taste of lube" comment, eff tee. I though that one was the best.
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:38     #100
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
I used to always come across agents that would want to show me the kitchen. I'd be like "Why? I don't cook." That tended to shut them up.
what if the kitchen was missing a wall or three? what if it was fire damaged? It's like an insomniac saying he doesnt want to see any bedrooms because he doesn't sleep. All you did was make yourself look like someone with issues.
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:40     #101
Simon
SHG

Quote:
Simon,

Max would die laughing. It's woefully obvious I'm not referring to myself lol.

Anyway, enough cheek from you or we'll buy your boy a drum kit.
Oh, the fun to be had with selective quoting

Marshall has been listening to Bach, Miles, and Zappa since the start of the second trimester. I intend for him to be a musician, not a drummer
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:44     #102
Russian

Crying

What grinds my gears?

My fucking bike chain breaking literally meters from home. I guess it could have been worse though, if it had broken out on the trails.
Old 2nd August 2005, 14:12     #103
eff tee

Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax
what if the kitchen was missing a wall or three? what if it was fire damaged? It's like an insomniac saying he doesnt want to see any bedrooms because he doesn't sleep. All you did was make yourself look like someone with issues.
Errr, sure, whatever, ok.

wtf?
Old 2nd August 2005, 17:41     #104
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by riven
Because men are inferior.
I'd like to see your batteries mow the lawn
Old 2nd August 2005, 17:44     #105
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Heck, I use the middle cubicle because I know that it's the least used cubicle.
fuck - interesting theory of yours (for a change )

might have to consider this some more... do you have a newsletter to which I may subscribe?
Old 2nd August 2005, 17:51     #106
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
So.....translated into what she really wanted all the guys in the thread to know:

you say this like its a bad thing
Old 2nd August 2005, 17:53     #107
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

ok - a real one from me now:

the rumour that my ex-boss might be trying to go for teh CIO role at the client site I'm based at.....

*shudder*
Old 2nd August 2005, 18:01     #108
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax
i nzgames groundhog days: http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showth...threadid=55333

fuuuuuuck - I'd forgotten all teh hate in there.....

and I'd forgotten how cyc couldn't take a joke.
Old 2nd August 2005, 18:40     #109
crocos

Quote:
Originally posted by BassDemon
I too hate the code Monkeys

Especially as they only want to make new bugs , not fix any of the old ones that drive people mad.
Speaking as a code monkey, I would love to fix the bugs that are outstanding, as I'm not JUST a code-monkey, but have to support the goddamn stupid system too. The reason that I can't is because Marketing is onto it's next hare-brained scheme before I've even finished the coding for their last one, and they refuse to believe that bug-fixes have a better return for the money invested then some of the new "features" they dream up.
Old 2nd August 2005, 19:11     #110
crocos

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberbob

Makes my eyes bleed.
Soo true - that's why I brought LCD screens for home (running at 75Hz) and my refresh-rate is at 160Hz at work. It gives me killer headaches when I'm using regular CRT monitors below 75Hz, and can generally percieve the flicker (in my left eye mainly - because it only has peripherial vision) upto about 85Hz (varies with the monitor type, brightness, phosphor response time etc)

Some Pet Peeves for me are noisy high-pitched ciccada-like noises comming from the dodgy flourescent tube wirring at work (headache++), Small dogs that their owners treat like cats (because then they act like a high-string, grumpy version of a cat - mercurial and vicious), shitty people taking things out on me when I'm trying to actually help (not thinking of any particular BNZ mobile mortgage manager in particular, no, not at all), drivers that show NO awareness of other vehicles on the road to the point that they pull sideways into you when you are alongside them, without even indicating, and then when you inform them that they need to get back in their lane with a blast on the horn they accelerate and cut you off without indicating, narrowly missing your front bumper (that goodness for well-maintained, strong brakes), slow down once out in front, then slam on the breaks to slow before the speed-camera, despite already going under the speed limit.... Ah you get the gist...
Old 2nd August 2005, 19:42     #111
kimmyh51

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
Hey whoa now, let's not be so hasty in issuing that edict.

We're awesome at changing lightbulbs.
ten women on their rags can do that too!
Old 2nd August 2005, 19:51     #112
kimmyh51

Quote:
Originally posted by Rince
fuck - interesting theory of yours (for a change )

might have to consider this some more... do you have a newsletter to which I may subscribe?
Thats true

its maybe because - if you have to do something that might be really smelly (ie you had indian/mexican/lots of alcohol/all of above the night before) - or loud, then if you are in the end cubicle there is only one person going to potentially sit in the one by you and hear/smell it

though if you exit the middle one and it stinks its probably more believeable that it might not have been you but the person on either side - at least you can exit and screw up your nose and look at boths sides like 'where did that come from??!"

speaking of loos - was out south in the weekend and stopped at dennys and the loos there were disgusting, turds in one, everything in the other - and about 45 mins to get a frigging drink....
Old 2nd August 2005, 20:47     #113
samael

Quote:
Originally posted by crocos
Speaking as a code monkey, I would love to fix the bugs that are outstanding, as I'm not JUST a code-monkey, but have to support the goddamn stupid system too. The reason that I can't is because Marketing is onto it's next hare-brained scheme before I've even finished the coding for their last one, and they refuse to believe that bug-fixes have a better return for the money invested then some of the new "features" they dream up.
You should have written the software properly in the first place. Code to fail man, code tooo FAIL!!!!

Thats what my boss tells me anyway :( I feel your pain....
Old 2nd August 2005, 20:49     #114
FrostyZaiMok

Stuck up chicks who give me a wtf that guys a gimp look because they don't understand what I said, or because it was random and/or comical, because they're very stupid, and what I said was like totally uncool, like you know what I mean, like yea.

Old 2nd August 2005, 20:55     #115
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally posted by FrostyZaiMok
Stuck up chicks who give me a wtf that guys a gimp look because they don't understand what I said, or because it was random and/or comical, because they're very stupid, and what I said was like totally uncool, like you know what I mean, like yea.

Could it be you're ugly?
Old 2nd August 2005, 20:57     #116
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally posted by kimmyh51
speaking of loos - was out south in the weekend and stopped at dennys and the loos there were disgusting, turds in one, everything in the other - and about 45 mins to get a frigging drink....

What gets me is people that voluntarily go to Dennys, and _then_ think they have a right to complain...

What did you expect? Fine dining?
Old 2nd August 2005, 20:58     #117
FrostyZaiMok

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTiTus
Could it be you're ugly?
Zing... oh wait thats reserved for teh funnys
Old 2nd August 2005, 21:19     #118
samael

It grinds my gears that telstraclears tv schedule tool only has 3 channels showing at any one time, and that they have recently changed the channel picking select list from from channel number order to alphabetical order. grr.

It waxes my snowboard that ANZ's online banking web page insists upon resizing itself to take up the whole screen, and that it cant handle "back" (I use mouse gestures). Their excuse for making the page take up the whole screen almost pushed me over the edge. I emailed them basically saying that I didnt like it (just commenting, maybe if they get enough they may change it), they responded with "ANZ's internet banking is a very intensive web site, most computers wont be able to handle multitasking while using the service". WTF???? And now there are ads on their Internet banking website. Admittedly, the product is available to ANZ users cheaper and it is from the website. Pity there are free alterntives, if ANZ really cared about its customers, it would advertise the free product.

It really hocks my lugy that paknsaves catchphrase is "Everything we do, we do to save you money". This is an out and out lie.
What they mean is "Everything we do, we do to make us money. We have decided that by being the cheapest supermarket, or when we cant, projecting the image of the cheapest supermarket, is the best way to achieve this". Marketing in general actually.

It really shines my shoes that you can get a parking ticket for not having a registration on my car. Why is it bad not to have a registration on a parked car? Its not like I am going to crash my parked car, causing an injury to someone who then gets compensated by ACC. You know full well I have no where else to park my car motherfuckers.

It really irks my irking muscle that you dont get a ticket for not having a registration, warrant or parking exemption sticker. You get it for not displaying it properly. You cant say "opps, I made a mistake, I forgot to put my rego in that little plastic holder thingy, thanks for revoking my two hundred dollar fine". Its not that you didnt have one, its that you didnt display it.

It really rips my undies that people insist on not obeying traffic laws at intersections. For example, you cant change lanes in an intersection fucker. Its dangerous to change from the inside lane to the outside lane (move left), while indicating right to navigate a right hand turn at an intersection. EDIT: 2 same direction lanes are involved in this one.

And probably the most pathetic annoyance I have is people mis-using the phrase "begs the question". You mean to say "prompts the question". "begs the question" means something specfic, and it does a good job of efficiently getting the meaning across. If we assign a new meaning to the phrase, we will have to use a more cumbersome phrsae instead. Yeah, its pretty petty, and I am no english expert. But there you go.

Last edited by samael : 2nd August 2005 at 21:22.
Old 2nd August 2005, 22:00     #119
BloodDonor

Sad

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberbob

Makes my eyes bleed.
agreed, i like my eyes... i can usually tell if a CRT is @ 75Hz, and i can easily tell if its doing 60Hz... argh
Old 2nd August 2005, 22:24     #120
Epox

Customers specially with repairs.....

Them: Hi I've got this fancy wireless mouse I brought 3 months ago and it doesn't work anymore, my IT guy says its faulty and has to come back.

Me:Have you tried changing the batteries?

Them:My IT guys says it definately faulty he says he's changed the batteries and everything.

Me:Here's my DDI try changing the batteries yourself and if it still doesn't work give me a call right away.

No more calls about that mouse.