Old 12th October 2020, 13:13     #1201
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Coronavirus: WHO backflips on virus stance by condemning lockdowns
https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...1b297731c3da74

Maybe WHO has finally remembered their own definition of health:
https://www.who.int/governance/eb/wh...itution_en.pdf
Just tell us what we want to hear, dammit!

NZ didn't rely on lockdowns. Contact tracing has been a fundamental part of managing the virus.

But that requires a functioning government. Telling people to stay home is easy. Organising, resourcing, communicating the requirements for contact training... well, you need people working in good faith, instead of people just looking to upgrade their carriage on the gravy train.
Old 12th October 2020, 13:26     #1202
crocos

Quote:
Coronavirus: WHO backflips on virus stance by condemning lockdowns
https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...1b297731c3da74
Typical BS media spin. What the WHO actually said was they condemn Lockdown as the PRIMARY method of control.

Not that they shouldn't happen, but that they should be considered intelligently and not used when other options are practical.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 21st October 2020, 11:42     #1203
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
And now...

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...s-nz-residency

FFS - ask the real questions - like when is HL3 coming??
Old 21st October 2020, 13:11     #1204
pxpx

edit deleted
Old 25th October 2020, 14:57     #1205
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
And now...

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...s-nz-residency

FFS - ask the real questions - like when is HL3 coming??
Gabe Newell: "Hi I'm a New Zealander now."
Old 10th November 2020, 11:34     #1206
fixed_truth

The Govt. has pre-ordered 1.5mil vaccine doses. I did wonder if it would be easier just to make it compulsory for people entering NZ and everyone else just carries on
Old 10th November 2020, 12:23     #1207
Nich

What, and be exempt from the Gates / Davos / World Economic Forum / IMF Great Reset? Not a chance.

Last edited by Nich : 10th November 2020 at 12:24.
Old 10th November 2020, 13:04     #1208
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I hope the microchips are IPV6, no way the V4 address space can handle all those vaccinations
Old 16th November 2020, 10:07     #1209
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Holy shit this thread

https://twitter.com/JodiDoering/stat...71329555292162
Old 16th November 2020, 17:15     #1210
Lightspeed

It could be the plot of a Requiem for a Dream-esque movie.
Old 16th November 2020, 18:12     #1211
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Nurse: "This has become so politicised that patients literally don't believe me when I tell them they have COVID"

Commenters: "You're lying!"
Old 18th November 2020, 19:56     #1212
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

In other news, South Australia locks down at the equivalent of NZ Level 4 at midnight tonight. Fucking YAY.
Old 18th November 2020, 21:22     #1213
Lightspeed

That must be a relief.

Your family all at home?
Old 19th November 2020, 00:15     #1214
Lightspeed

I misunderstood. I hadn't realised it had been so well contained.

Covid-19: South Australia to enter 'circuit breaker' lockdown

Quote:
The state has detected 36 cases since infections were found in Adelaide on Sunday, the first community cases detected in six months.
So yeah, that sucks.
Old 19th November 2020, 06:17     #1215
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I misunderstood. I hadn't realised it had been so well contained.

Covid-19: South Australia to enter 'circuit breaker' lockdown

So yeah, that sucks.
... 36 cases and a nasty new strain that makes you contagious within 24 hours of exposure.

Good luck Ab - bugger about the 36° heat and no exercise rule. Hope you have a pool!
Old 19th November 2020, 15:57     #1216
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
... 36 cases and a nasty new strain that makes you contagious within 24 hours of exposure.

Good luck Ab - bugger about the 36° heat and no exercise rule. Hope you have a pool!
I have a pool, it's called Gulf St Vincent. Oh, right.

I took this photo yesterday about 30mins before the lockdown announcement. I was thinking to myself "hey got no job at the moment but at least I'm here, this is ace".

NEK MINIT, no outside world for you!
Old 21st November 2020, 20:02     #1217
StN
I have detailed files

So... gonna issue some pizza justice?

FFS - makes me prouder than ever to be part of the team of 5M.
Old 21st November 2020, 20:46     #1218
Lightspeed

facepalm

I just saw the news. What a shit show.
Old 22nd November 2020, 00:23     #1219
Nothing

Wacked

Wow, so, America hitting 200k new daily cases today. They've had about a million new cases in the space of a week. Does this comment actually belong in the Donald Trump thus far thread?
Old 22nd November 2020, 10:55     #1220
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I just saw the news. What a shit show.
Le sigh. I think lockdown was the right move and I support the govt's decision, but faaaaark. One guy trying to hide under-the-table income and an entire state gets shut down. Companies will go under, people will lose jobs, hell... there will be kids whose end-of-year exams got cancelled Thurs Fri whose entire lives will change because of one guy.
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:24     #1221
crocos

Might be up for civil penalties even if there's nothing the government can throw at him

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 24th November 2020, 08:59     #1222
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
NEK MINIT, no outside world for you!
Lucky it was cut short - because otherwise I may have thought this was you...
Old 24th November 2020, 13:50     #1223
Lightspeed

Hahaha, an uncanny resemblance.
Old 24th November 2020, 14:13     #1224
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Heaps good SA
Old 29th November 2020, 12:57     #1225
Nich

A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19 - Johns Hopkins
https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...ue-to-covid-19

Quote:
“All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers. We found no evidence to the contrary,” Briand concluded.

“If [the COVID-19 death toll] was not misleading at all, what we should have observed is an increased number of heart attacks and increased COVID-19 numbers. But a decreased number of heart attacks and all the other death causes doesn’t give us a choice but to point to some misclassification,” Briand replied.

In other words, the effect of COVID-19 on deaths in the U.S. is considered problematic only when it increases the total number of deaths or the true death burden by a significant amount in addition to the expected deaths by other causes. Since the crude number of total deaths by all causes before and after COVID-19 has stayed the same, one can hardly say, in Briand’s view, that COVID-19 deaths are concerning.
Old 29th November 2020, 13:13     #1226
Nich

Dr Fauci on PCR tests being done at standard ct threshold of 35-37. Which show positive even with zero active virus rna.
https://youtu.be/A867t1JbIrs

Ct threshold is witheld from patients unless they ask for it.

The Trouble With PCR Tests
https://swprs.org/the-trouble-with-pcr-tests/

Quote:
The research group of French professor Didier Raoult has recently shown that at a cycle threshold (ct) of 25, about 70% of samples remained positive in cell culture (i.e. were infectious); at a ct of 30, 20% of samples remained positive; at a ct of 35, 3% of samples remained positive; and at a ct above 35, no sample remained positive (infectious) in cell culture (see diagram).

This means that if a person gets a “positive” PCR test result at a cycle threshold of 35 or higher (as applied in most US labs and many European labs), the chance that the person is infectious is less than 3%. The chance that the person received a “false positive” result is 97% or higher.
Old 29th November 2020, 13:15     #1227
Lightspeed

facepalm

Obvious bias is obvious.

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/articl...ue-to-covid-19

Quote:
Briand was quoted in the article as saying, “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.” This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the spike in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years.
Do better Nich.
Old 29th November 2020, 13:31     #1228
Nich

Fair enough
Old 29th November 2020, 18:27     #1229
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://interestingengineering.com/n...covid-19-cases
Old 29th November 2020, 18:39     #1230
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Random observation: it's going to be really weird when, in 2 or 3 years, no-one in the USA remembers COVID at all. It'll be like the Derry kids in IT forgetting all about Pennywise.
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:26     #1231
Cyberbob

Map of sustained hotspots in the US.

Counties that aren't are so sparsely populated, it's basically "all of the US"

Old 2nd December 2020, 17:41     #1232
Nich

is that a map of "cases" or deaths?
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:58     #1233
Nich

sorry, learned to read. it's cases.

The test to determine and contribute to positive cases (RT-PCR) is deeply flawed.

every country and almost every city has a different threshold to determine a true "positive". Fauci says anything above 30 is likely a false positive, whereas Kansas Health says that number should be 42. WHO says the number should be 45!
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:32     #1234
Lightspeed

I still don't really get your eagerness to downplay the pandemic Nich.

On the flip side I bet all them people complaining about the scentless scented candles got tested and are included in statistics.
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:55     #1235
Nich

if it's a worldwide standard to manufacture 97% false positives using a amplification process that isn't meant for diagnosis, then yes I am right to distrust the numbers. The sheer growth of the numbers from this testing method have made people panic and do stupid shit, made governments panic and do stupid shit. Now we're in this permanent DDOS attack of information, coddling, and fear.
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:58     #1236
Lightspeed

That sounds like something someone's told you, which happened to be what you wanted to hear.

I still have no further insight into your playing down the pandemic.
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:49     #1237
Cyberbob

Quote:
if it's a worldwide standard to manufacture 97% false positives using a amplification process that isn't meant for diagnosis, then yes I am right to distrust the numbers. The sheer growth of the numbers from this testing method have made people panic and do stupid shit, made governments panic and do stupid shit. Now we're in this permanent DDOS attack of information, coddling, and fear.
If
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:53     #1238
Cyberbob

Let me elaborate:

Australia's been doing record numbers of tests, hell even New Zealand is doing 40,000 tests a week.
Where are all the false positives?

In low prevalence & high testing areas, this false positive number should be even more evident. But it's not.
When cases occur, it's actual clinical cases. These people are sick. They're linked to ill travellers diagnosed as having COVID-19.
The test works to find infections. It can find them before you become sick.

It's nothing but a conspiracy theory touted by people like Elon Musk. The second he was diagnosed, he was questioning the results and thousands of people hopped on the band wagon.
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:33     #1239
Nich

In low prevalence areas, you'll get less false positives because the RT PCR test is extremely accurate for detecting the COVID 19 signature genes. If the genes don't exist, they cannot be detected. In high prevalence areas, you'll get more false positives because the test will discover a fragment of dead nucleotides and still return a positive result.

You might pair it up with an antibody test, but that test could detect antibodies to a common cold and come back as positive. The antibodies, and the dead virus rna can float around your body for months returning positive test results.

Nonetheless, people who receive positive results will be sent to quarantine, and tracked / traced and treated as if they are infectious. Their life is disrupted, and those connected to them are disrupted also. All because a test not fit for diagnosis returns a positive result that is interpreted as infectious.

These people are categorised as "long haulers", or "reinfected". But that's usually bullshit. Most defenders of the high sensitivity will say it's better to have far too many false positives so we can be vigilant. The high numbers influence policy. It's more than some epidemiologist nerds marveling at how beautiful it is to watch a virus spread in real time. It's governments stepping in to manage and coddle.

How accurate are coronavirus tests? - BBC Newsnight
https://youtu.be/fZsEAQbiBTo
WHO defends the high sensitivity saying it helps them observe how the virus is spreading across the globe.

Michael Mina - The neglected CT (Cycle Threshold) levels to determine viral load and infectiousness
https://youtu.be/oxoE47qT3fE
FDA does not approve sharing the CT value with test results. So doctors in the US must simply take a positive result as meaning positive + infectious.

https://www.who.int/diagnostics_labo...e_2.0.pdf?ua=1
See page 11. Ct @ 45

https://www.infectiousdiseaseadvisor...ly-discharged/
Quote:
patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) with Ct above 33 to 34 are not contagious and can be discharged from hospital care or strict confinement

Last edited by Nich : 3rd December 2020 at 11:34.
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:38     #1240
Nich

https://cormandrostenreview.com/report/

Quote:
3. The number of amplification cycles (less than 35; preferably 25-30 cycles);
In case of virus detection, >35 cycles only detects signals which do not correlate with infectious virus as determined by isolation in cell culture [reviewed in 2]; if someone is tested by PCR as positive when a threshold of 35 cycles or higher is used (as is the case in most laboratories in Europe & the US), the probability that said person is actually infected is less than 3%, the probability that said result is a false positive is 97% [reviewed in 3]