NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Battlefield Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10th January 2003, 17:21     #1
armourking

BF Improvement Thoughts...

I have been thinking about little things I'd like to see in BF, and I thought about this:
You are looking straight at am enemy tank, you radio "Enemy armour spotted!" and on your teams' radar the tank shows up for a short time in flashing red (like how people flash, only red. Duh )
It would be great for those of us who actually use the radio message for things otherthan spam, and who generally look when someone reliable radios for help etc.

Any other "tweaks" people have thought of?

Armourking.
Old 10th January 2003, 17:31     #2
sgtrock[TQM]

My 0.02

I'd like a "Thanks"
and a "Sorry" radio command
Old 10th January 2003, 17:44     #3
armourking

Re: My 0.02

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtrock[TQM]
I'd like a "Thanks"
and a "Sorry" radio command
I usually just use the close range "Copy that." for thanks.

Armourking.
Old 10th January 2003, 18:18     #4
mpx

And a "FUCK OFF FOR FUCK SAKES" comm.

Seriously.
I'd use it everyday.

Either that or "STOP IT" or "YOU IDIOT".
Old 10th January 2003, 18:21     #5
Rex_Havoc

I reckon the individual scoring needs an overhaul.

Like your final score should be total kills minus total deaths.
Someone can have 20 kills and 19 deaths and be classed higher than someone with 19 kills and say 2 deaths. The art of staying alive should be better rewarded.
Old 10th January 2003, 18:30     #6
orpheus
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Rex_Havoc

Someone can have 20 kills and 19 deaths and be classed higher than someone with 19 kills and say 2 deaths. The art of staying alive should be better rewarded.
but its a team game.
Old 10th January 2003, 18:44     #7
mark111

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Rex_Havoc

roger that
Old 10th January 2003, 18:57     #8
Rex_Havoc

Quote:
Originally posted by orpheus
but its a team game.
on the public servers ? yeah right.

Unless its a pre-arranged clan match or like the NZG vs GP match coming up I think you'll find its every man for himself.
Changing the individual scoring wouldnt matter whether its being played as a team game or not. But, it would make the individual player take a little bit more care.
Old 10th January 2003, 19:28     #9
mpx

NZTF have a brilliant way of making public games more team orientated, and that's with non indifrags (Individual frags). If you get a frag, your whole team gets frag. Or you don't get anything, you just kill your way to the flags and if you capture it your whole team gets 2 points kind of thing. Not individual flags where people just run off and try to be heros just to get that pretty gold star next to their nick.
Old 16th January 2003, 04:09     #10
[WanG] Wandarah

Artillery

I'd like to see the scouts have the ability to radio co-ordinates. The co-ordinates would radioed team wide and the artillery would have the relevant numbers on the scroll bars.

The current system works alright, but it could be improved.

As for people trying to be heros. I dunno if the gold star is all that enticing. People that play often enough - they usually learn that more can be acomplished as a team, and of course that it's way more fun. Theres getting to be quite a lot of regulars.
Old 16th January 2003, 05:46     #11
FB

Re: BF Improvement Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally posted by armourking
I have been thinking about little things I'd like to see in BF, and I thought about this:
You are looking straight at am enemy tank, you radio "Enemy armour spotted!" and on your teams' radar the tank shows up for a short time in flashing red (like how people flash, only red. Duh )
It would be great for those of us who actually use the radio message for things otherthan spam, and who generally look when someone reliable radios for help etc.

Any other "tweaks" people have thought of?

Armourking.
For the love of Mike, what do you want - perfection?
Whine, whine, whine.
Anything that isn't your favourite game gets slammed, and I for one I'm sick to death of you know-nothing know-it-all's bitching your little childish hearts about bugs (in what is possibly the funnest game is a long time) because it isn't Quake. Or more likely Counterstrike. And gee whizz Ms Molly, I don't have any of the problems (maybe I don't see them as problems) you state. Nope. Fine and dandy here. Tell you what, why don't you rush off and join the, urgh, EA forums - you'll fine an audience who is just like you there. And don't forget to add that |\/|icro$haft sucks too!

Armourking.
Old 16th January 2003, 17:05     #12
armourking

Eh? You still here FB?
I mean, you are like one of those people you deliver a mean burn to, then they splutter and stammer and finally walk away. A couple of days later they walk up to you with a 'killer' comeback of "I know you are, what am I?", and you wonder what the hell they are on about.

If you can't tell the difference between a massive hatefueled rant of teen angst and an idle daydreaming about a beloved game, then maybe it is a good thing school is back soon.
Study hard and you may master such feats as "knowing nothing is black and white" "common sense" and "using your damn fool head".

Here's hoping!
Armourking.
Old 16th January 2003, 17:13     #13
loBob

Re: Re: BF Improvement Thoughts...

Hrmmm...

Last edited by loBob : 16th January 2003 at 17:18.
Old 16th January 2003, 17:21     #14
loBob

There is still nothing worse than still being alive after those two bombs just landed at your feet...

Sure if we were all superheros, then fine... but then why would we be in a world war? and why would we be using guns? and where were the nachos?

Maybe in time these will be answered....
Old 16th January 2003, 17:33     #15
Jestor

Auto swapping can be a little annoying. Perhaps it should only swap you if you get gold or silver. (That way I'd always stay in the right place :P)
Old 16th January 2003, 18:01     #16
-Dr.J-

Holy crap

It kinda annoys me when I shell infantry directly, the shell actually lands on their head, but they don't die. You can't seem to hit a standing target, only splash damage it.

I'd like to pick up a gun after dropping a pack, and have an automatic reload like he's loading somethign new in. He ain't.

I think it'd be good to have a horn on the jeep and APC's.

A genuine sounding thank you and sorry as someone said.

None of these are very major..
Old 18th January 2003, 20:32     #17
FB

Quote:
Originally posted by armourking
Eh? You still here FB?
I mean, you are like one of those people you deliver a mean burn to, then they splutter and stammer and finally walk away. A couple of days later they walk up to you with a 'killer' comeback of "I know you are, what am I?", and you wonder what the hell they are on about.

If you can't tell the difference between a massive hatefueled rant of teen angst and an idle daydreaming about a beloved game, then maybe it is a good thing school is back soon.
Study hard and you may master such feats as "knowing nothing is black and white" "common sense" and "using your damn fool head".

Here's hoping!
Armourking.
Im pleased you spend so much time thinking about me.
Old 23rd January 2003, 16:20     #18
Inferno

Improve my skill D:
Old 27th January 2003, 18:28     #19
MaZeR

Bluewink Bah! to falling damage :P

I think the damage model due to falling down slopes etc. is pretty dumb. And that's my professional opinion, hehe.
Old 27th January 2003, 18:49     #20
Bread

Re: Bah! to falling damage :P

Quote:
Originally posted by MaZeR
I think the damage model due to falling down slopes etc. is pretty dumb. And that's my professional opinion, hehe.
Yeah, IMO this definately needs to be reduced somewhat as it's too sensitive atm. A "Thank You" and a horn would be nice too
Old 28th January 2003, 11:20     #21
Luse

How about a little dismemberment up in there? Blowing legs off would be so cool. Oh and the whole tank shell to the face thing... needs to be sorted fast. Theres no way in hell that anyones going to survive a tank shell in the pie hole. Come to think of it, I reckon all of the explosions are a little on the weak side. U can stand in the visual explosion and get only a little hurt. Wouldn't the shrapnel chew you up??
Old 28th January 2003, 13:10     #22
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Wink

It's only shrapnel. What are you, a girly man?
Old 28th January 2003, 22:00     #23
XM

I get pissed off (on the Special server) when you're shooting at a low-flying plane with the AA gun and the gun blows up taking you with it because the shells hit the sandbags. AA gun self-damage needs to be reduced....
Old 30th January 2003, 11:20     #24
Luse

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoon1
It's only shrapnel. What are you, a girly man?

I thrive on self mutilation

http://www.forbidden.orcon.net.nz/bf42/BF42.htm

Last edited by Luse : 30th January 2003 at 11:24.
Old 30th January 2003, 13:03     #25
Azmodan

Haha I love it ! ^^
Old 30th January 2003, 13:44     #26
Adio-

Haha nice Luse_K. Who are the guys that wrote that?

Peace,
wtf. corleone
Old 30th January 2003, 17:30     #27
SMUT

I want more heroes
I would also like to be able to throw my knife, much like SOF2
Old 30th January 2003, 18:33     #28
GoD Robo
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Adio, you skate ?
Old 30th January 2003, 22:37     #29
Adio-

Quote:
Originally posted by GoD Robo
Adio, you skate ?
Nah, used to in my rebelious youth tho
Old 30th January 2003, 22:58     #30
GoD Robo
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

but you own adio shoes ?
Old 30th January 2003, 23:14     #31
Adio-

Yeah, they're pretty fucked tho, don't wear em anymore.