NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 5th September 2012, 13:24     #9921
xor

Homemade baked beans with mashed potato and sauerkraut and a strong black coffee for lunch. Hearty as fuck.
Old 9th September 2012, 18:39     #9922
xor

Work is wanting me to get my MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008.

Specifically Exam 70-640, Exam 70-642 and Exam 70-646

Although I'm not looking forward to schooling up on the finer points of GPO and AD I am looking forward to going on MS Lync, ITIL and PMP courses It shall give me the boost that I require in my career.
Old 9th September 2012, 19:10     #9923
wazza
*flex*

gl, that shit is much harder than most industry fags think it is.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:30     #9924
Luse

Oiled
Old 11th September 2012, 11:21     #9925
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luse

Oiled
Nice, Love those sticks. I can never get used to the american ones ... the short action Happs are the buisness (most 80s-90s kids think of them as normal)

Trying to score a Happ Force Feedback Module for my second racing cab at the moment .... and trying to find some nice concave RGB/Clear buttons for the button config >.< bit pricey tho

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 11th September 2012, 11:47     #9926
fixed_truth

Old 11th September 2012, 12:37     #9927
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Go Buddhism
Old 11th September 2012, 12:44     #9928
p01s0n

dehumanise yourself and face to bloodshed
Old 14th September 2012, 14:05     #9929
TnT

Sold my business, after talking about doing it for the last 2 years. Handover is today. Given the business climate at present, particularly in the retail sector over here, my gears are pretty freakin' oiled.

Now I just have to work out what next. Well after a holiday that is.
Old 14th September 2012, 14:09     #9930
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Join band, get bitches!
Old 14th September 2012, 14:10     #9931
TnT

Much guitar playing is assumed in 'what next'
Old 14th September 2012, 14:13     #9932
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Sold my business, after talking about doing it for the last 2 years. Handover is today. Given the business climate at present, particularly in the retail sector over here, my gears are pretty freakin' oiled.

Nice one. Did you get the sort of price for it you were hoping of when you started?
Old 14th September 2012, 14:21     #9933
TnT

Not quite, but close enough, given how the market I'm in is fairing at present, for it to feel pretty damn good.
Old 14th September 2012, 14:34     #9934
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT

is that why you don't ship out of Aussie any more?
Old 14th September 2012, 14:51     #9935
chiQ
Frag-muff

Congrats, TnT!
Old 14th September 2012, 14:57     #9936
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Nice one
Old 14th September 2012, 15:00     #9937
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
is that why you don't ship out of Aussie any more?
It was part of one of the reasons, the other is Australia post...
Old 14th September 2012, 15:16     #9938
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT

now you get to witness your hard work and dedication being pissed away by some clown that had cash
Old 14th September 2012, 15:29     #9939
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
It was part of one of the reasons, the other is Australia post...
bugger - the family wants to create a photobook for their Grandad, but when we saw no more NZ shipping, we went with a local business....
Old 14th September 2012, 15:33     #9940
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
now you get to witness your hard work and dedication being pissed away by some clown that had cash
Trademe pig selling was never the same after you left
Old 14th September 2012, 15:37     #9941
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
bugger - the family wants to create a photobook for their Grandad, but when we saw no more NZ shipping, we went with a local business....
Yeah, Aus Post were just killing us on international shipping because we didn't really have the international volume to get a decent rate.

When we outsourced the manufacturing to Melbourne, we lost the ability to do one offs as well, given the low volume of O/S orders, it wasn't a hard decision to say 'Ah well, no international then'.
Old 14th September 2012, 17:55     #9942
Jodi

Damit, I've just done two photobooks by two nz outfits, was going to do a third via you.

but no NZ shipping. Meh.
Old 14th September 2012, 19:25     #9943
MadMax
Stuff

Successfully repaired an iphone3. I wouldnt recommend it unless the phone is already dead otherwise as it's not a particularly fun experience. The screws are very tiny and you need to keep track of where each screw came from as they are several different sizes. The volume rocker and mute switch were cunts to put back together.
Old 26th September 2012, 09:09     #9944
xor

Gotta love receiving an unexpected pay rise. Not even 6 months into my new job and the bossman gave me an envelope with my new salary.

Living the dream, the milky bars are on me etc etc.
Old 26th September 2012, 18:32     #9945
TnT

Ethernet over power. Couldn't get my 'big-fuck-off' printer into the room I wanted, which left me either wireless... bit of a pain, and then I noticed the ethernet over power adapters. Cool, and they work sweet as.
Old 26th September 2012, 18:36     #9946
sky_

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Ethernet over power. Couldn't get my 'big-fuck-off' printer into the room I wanted, which left me either wireless... bit of a pain, and then I noticed the ethernet over power adapters. Cool, and they work sweet as.
Which ones did you get? Always wanted to play with some..
Old 26th September 2012, 18:42     #9947
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Gotta love receiving an unexpected pay rise. Not even 6 months into my new job and the bossman gave me an envelope with my new salary.

gg 640 !
Old 26th September 2012, 18:56     #9948
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_
Which ones did you get? Always wanted to play with some..
Just TP-Link AV200, actual model number is TL-PA211KIT
Old 26th September 2012, 19:22     #9949
CCS
Stunt Pants

^^^

Does that guff still work alright if you have it plugged into one of them multi power board/strip thingers?
Old 26th September 2012, 20:20     #9950
Savage

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor

Congrats bru, that's awesome
Old 28th September 2012, 12:44     #9951
chiQ
Frag-muff

House conveyance settlement OMG. I only have one mortgage again, and it feels good, man.
Old 28th September 2012, 12:58     #9952
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
House conveyance settlement OMG. I only have one mortgage again, and it feels good, man.
+1
Old 28th September 2012, 14:48     #9953
[WanG] Wandarah

w00t, happy times chiQ!
Old 28th September 2012, 17:48     #9954
TnT

Part grind, mostly oil. Ordered new valves for amp, wrong valve sent, emailed seller, 'really sorry, just keep that one, we'll send you the correct one'. Love it when problems are solved quickly and easily.

For Ab, EL34 ordered, EL84 recieved. Looks like I might have to pick up a Yellow Jacket to see what EL84 sounds like
Old 28th September 2012, 21:35     #9955
chiQ
Frag-muff

I just realised I'm going to be able to afford to have my sub and an iDevice connector fitted to my car stereo now. Goodbye boot space and CDs, hello 'whum whum whum!' from my iPod. Oh yeah
Old 29th September 2012, 00:48     #9956
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Got into both the Mechwarrior Online and Hawken betas. An embarrasment of riches.
Old 2nd October 2012, 00:36     #9957
Nich

These are things that oil my gears:
Freelancing for 2 companies @ the mo, .and both want me for more hours than are humanly possible. Good times to be able to turn away work. Juggling 2 jobs feels like a good balance. I'm tempted to add a third company to the mix, but I think that'd be greedy of me and i'd be spread too thin.

Tomorrow I design an emergency evacuation alarm sound for a military base... which may well get a test run at the MCG =) I'll video that one and send it home.

On top of that, through learning the Bach preludes and fugues my left hand is gaining a mind of its own on the piano.
Old 2nd October 2012, 01:07     #9958
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Tomorrow I design an emergency evacuation alarm sound for a military base... which may well get a test run at the MCG =) I'll video that one and send it home.
Interesting that they want a sound designed especially, rather than yer bog standard alarm noise. Have they requested something fairly specific? Or just something different from other alarm sounds?
Old 2nd October 2012, 04:17     #9959
Nich

It's pretty specific. There is an ISO document for standardizing emergency sounds, and they want to follow it somewhat.

It basically will be my drum machine going WHOOOP WHOOOP WHOOOP! followed by a monotone authority voice saying "Evacuate". But, of course, I want to make it good and awesome. I want to corner the market for emergency sound designers.
Old 2nd October 2012, 08:05     #9960
xor

Got a stag do coming up. Received a txt from the best man

"Hi, this is Harrys best man! Just hitting you up about Harrys stag day/night. uit's going to be next Sat, starts with paintball in the morning. You are looking at $40 each. Later arvo maybe a game of touch - the night will commence with a lot of alcohol and strippers."