NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 24th September 2013, 22:45     #38201
crocos

Aah, that lovely word "normal" and what do we find? Such bullshit and selfishness hidden behind.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 24th September 2013, 23:19     #38202
mpx

Normal is entirely not the right word for it but I've also not sure what crocos is trying to convey either.

Ab; would you agree that a person could be in a state where even though their thoughts may seem rational and logical to them, there's a chemical imbalance going on due to certain environmental or chemical factors (for example the loss of one's family) that's affecting them in such a way that their behaviour is ultimately compromised?

Although, I refer back to the letter of the elderly man where he was indeed in a situation where his own quality of life was rapidly dropping and made a choice to forfeit before getting any further along, in which case what you say, "If my desire is to take the positive action of ending my own life and I act on this desire through my own free will without coercion or direction from a third party, then what's the big deal? Being kept alive against my will so someone else can obtain the benefit of my existence is fuckin' battery farming." is entirely appropriate.
Old 25th September 2013, 00:02     #38203
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Normal is entirely not the right word for it but I've also not sure what crocos is trying to convey either.
Frankly it's surprising I'm typing coherently: http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1971325

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 25th September 2013, 10:00     #38204
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx

Ab; would you agree that a person could be in a state where even though their thoughts may seem rational and logical to them, there's a chemical imbalance going on due to certain environmental or chemical factors (for example the loss of one's family) that's affecting them in such a way that their behaviour is ultimately compromised?

Although, I refer back to the letter of the elderly man where he was indeed in a situation where his own quality of life was rapidly dropping and made a choice to forfeit before getting any further along, in which case what you say, "If my desire is to take the positive action of ending my own life and I act on this desire through my own free will without coercion or direction from a third party, then what's the big deal? Being kept alive against my will so someone else can obtain the benefit of my existence is fuckin' battery farming." is entirely appropriate.
Yeah, I think there are plenty of cases where those grieving lost ones grieve what they miss out on for themselves and also grieve the lost hope they had for their loved one, for what they believed their loved one would get out of life if they lived.

Is it selfish to want to enjoy someone else's enjoyment?
Old 25th September 2013, 19:30     #38205
xor

Heading to Wellington from Wed next week if anyone is round for a drink/kai/roid session/butter chicken combro
Old 25th September 2013, 22:29     #38206
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

How long are you down?
Old 25th September 2013, 22:47     #38207
StN
I have detailed files

It seems I only fly in for day trips when the wind is particularly bad. Today wasn't as bad as two weeks ago when I was seriously considering getting a brown suit.
Old 26th September 2013, 10:07     #38208
xor

Wednesday morning till Friday late arvo
Old 26th September 2013, 19:56     #38209
mpx

Does anyone know if there's a way to check how many phone lines are connected to your house? Whether they're active or inactive?
Old 27th September 2013, 12:12     #38210
Juju
get to da choppa

The name made me look twice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Police post $20,000 reward
Southern police have taken the unusual step of posting a $20,000 reward in the hope of finding Simon James Garrick, last seen by his family a year ago.
Old 27th September 2013, 16:32     #38211
Lightspeed

Ah, Papatoetoe, how I don't miss you:
Parents claim teens solicited by prostitutes

Quote:
Prostitutes are soliciting young teenagers on their way to school in Papatoetoe, three concerned mothers say.
Old 27th September 2013, 21:33     #38212
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Ah, Papatoetoe, how I don't miss you:
Parents claim teens solicited by prostitutes
I'm calling bullshit on this one.
Think about it, what teen has that kind of disposable cash? From a purely business centric viewpoint, soliciting teens is not a good money making idea.
Old 27th September 2013, 23:08     #38213
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

those damn both male and female prostitutes at it again
Old 27th September 2013, 23:16     #38214
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Think about it, what teen has that kind of disposable cash? From a purely business centric viewpoint, soliciting teens is not a good money making idea.
$20 still gets a tinny I believe.
Old 28th September 2013, 11:31     #38215
Spink

Quote:
lol where did you grow up?
Old 28th September 2013, 13:34     #38216
aR Que

How much does a street hooker set you back anyway? For, ah, interest.
Old 28th September 2013, 20:08     #38217
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

From $1 in Mexico.
Old 28th September 2013, 20:45     #38218
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
How much does a street hooker set you back anyway? For, ah, interest.
I suppose the price is inversely proportional to the duration elapsed since the streetwalker last had a meth hit.
Old 28th September 2013, 22:35     #38219
chubby

Bluewink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
From $1 in Mexico.
pretty jazzed about the whole 'rich man in a low wage economy', arn't you.
Old 29th September 2013, 02:56     #38220
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
pretty jazzed about the whole 'rich man in a low wage economy', arn't you.
Could you maybe get a new song to sing? This one is boring now.
Old 29th September 2013, 10:58     #38221
chubby

Crying

gt's exploitative,misogynistic tone whenever he refers to third world prostitution,or the 'extra services' his mates with domestic staff in the middle east get makes me throw up a little bit.i like to point out that i think hes a cock.
whine a little harder-itll make it more fun for me to discount.
Old 29th September 2013, 12:18     #38222
Lightspeed

What Savage is saying he doesn't mind being reminded of sexual exploitation, he just doesn't like being reminded it's horrifying. So GT's shit is okay, but you pipe down.
Old 29th September 2013, 12:39     #38223
Savage

Old 29th September 2013, 12:48     #38224
chubby

Old 30th September 2013, 14:23     #38225
StN
I have detailed files

Must... disconnect... from... web... until... 10:30...
Old 30th September 2013, 14:28     #38226
pxpx

GT is a misogynist? news to me... he pretty much only hires hot bitches.
Old 30th September 2013, 17:47     #38227
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
GT is a misogynist? news to me... he pretty much only hires hot bitches.
I hire the best candidates I can find.

For graduate roles across the eight dimensions of behavioral competency that I am interested in women invariably present far better than men. In reality most candidates female or male present badly - but of the good candidates most and often all of them are women.

There are people who refer to my team as Teapot's girls and indeed some of them sometimes do this themselves. I don't though - I accord all of my team the full professional respect that they deserve.

Conversations in my team are quite different to those found in more heavily male teams. For example, I have a person in my team who talks of plans to celebrates turning 30 or qualifying as an actuary (whichever happens first) with an augmentation procedure that I expect would be quite noticeable. I avoid participation in these conversations to avoid any risk of causing offense.
Old 30th September 2013, 18:20     #38228
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Lightbulb

I would say an intelligent man who wanted female staff could devise a test that skewed that way. That man would never admit that on a public forum of course.

Props GT.
Old 1st October 2013, 07:59     #38229
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Old age is... telling a story with the same enthusiasm as last time, unaware your audience is wondering if you'll be OK going to the shops by yourself.

Stay safe Teapot. Write it down.
Old 1st October 2013, 09:03     #38230
Lightspeed

One of GT's pals right here:

Nothing wrong with helping people find a place in this fine country in exchange for a bit of the ole in-and-out, eh, eh?
Old 1st October 2013, 10:07     #38231
StN
I have detailed files

Naturally, he completed his set...
Old 1st October 2013, 12:28     #38232
chubby

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Old age is... telling a story with the same enthusiasm as last time, unaware your audience is wondering if you'll be OK going to the shops by yourself.

Stay safe Teapot. Write it down.
L O L
Old 1st October 2013, 21:02     #38233
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
lol where did you grow up?
Ok, so clearly, unlike you, I didn't grow up paying prostitutes for sex, and have no first hand knowledge of what kind of costs are actually involved, but I've been led to believe (by my dodgy Russian work mate that regularly partakes in proffered services, and then comes back to work and tells everyone about it) that the costs are likely to be in the range of a hundred to two hundred, for the upsized combo with bread roll.

I didn't have that kind of money to regularly hand over to prostitutes when I was 15.

(also: the answer is Wellington. Maybe our prossies are just classier, and thus cost more, than where you're from?)
Old 1st October 2013, 21:28     #38234
Lightspeed

You're almost cute fidgit.

The prostitutes in question probably went to the same schools as the kids they were offering their services to. Or at least had dropped out not so long ago.
Old 1st October 2013, 22:26     #38235
Spink

Quote:
Ok, so clearly, unlike you, I didn't grow up paying prostitutes for sex, and have no first hand knowledge of what kind of costs are actually involved, but I've been led to believe (by my dodgy Russian work mate that regularly partakes in proffered services, and then comes back to work and tells everyone about it) that the costs are likely to be in the range of a hundred to two hundred, for the upsized combo with bread roll.

I didn't have that kind of money to regularly hand over to prostitutes when I was 15.

(also: the answer is Wellington. Maybe our prossies are just classier, and thus cost more, than where you're from?)
Some article my fiance was reading about some juggalo festival showed said $50 blow jobs, $75 onefucks, $55 eighth of mushrooms and $3 more you can get a juggalo to cut off his right nipple. I assume these are not high end prostitutes and since they're working outside of the law probably work for smaller money. There were regularly kids at my school with expensive cellphones, decent cars, nice clothes (and this was a public school in the hutt valley 04) There were kids with smoking and weed habits which could cover the cost easily too probably.
Old 1st October 2013, 23:53     #38236
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
lol Tiers of Rage, that's gold
Old 2nd October 2013, 03:18     #38237
p01s0n

GT's flawless consistency has firmly awarded him the title of 'NZG poster of the decade' IMO.
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:34     #38238
Cyberbob

RIP Tom Clancy.
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:34     #38239
pxpx

Quote:
It's such a good story though
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:41     #38240
chubby

facepalm

was gonna be visiting the Smithsonian in just over a week.
damn yankees better get their shit sorted out.im very important.