Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Buy/Sell/Exchange
User Name
Password

Old 18th April 2002, 16:23     #81
Phrack

mmm new design is coolies

check this site www.pricespy.co.nz

and www.starlyte.co.nz
ordered some parts off them on tuesday, confirmed price by wednesday, we payed on wednesday and get the parts 2moro on friday, a done deal in 4 days and they have very good prices.
Old 18th April 2002, 17:44     #82
Ard Righ

Quote:
Originally posted by Phrack
check this site www.pricespy.co.nz
That site is horrid. It doesn't match hardly any products properly, so essentially becomes worthless.

Quote:
www.starlyte.co.nz
ordered some parts off them on tuesday, confirmed price by wednesday, we payed on wednesday and get the parts 2moro on friday, a done deal in 4 days and they have very good prices.
4 days ?!?!
Old 18th April 2002, 19:36     #83
Phrack

yes well, would have been 2-3, but me being at school etc couldnt organise during the day, and the case i was after wasnt in stock. O and at first all i wanted was the cpu+fan, but on wednesday i ordered hdd, mobo and case so it would have been faster but i fucked around
Old 29th April 2002, 01:16     #84
Rangoon Attack

www.starlyte.co.nz

I'm looking at going to them for a new cpu + mobo, they've got some good prices there
Phrack: any probs dealing with them?
Old 4th May 2002, 16:03     #85
Phrack

No problems at all. He is really fast at replying to emails wot else, delivery is that day or next day depending on where u live.

Really friendly to
Old 11th May 2002, 16:58     #86
Bat@Work

grr@pp
its been 1 month since i orderd something from them, and they only sent it last week!
They said it'd be sent in 1-4 days, one month ago
!
Bah bah
Old 12th May 2002, 14:02     #87
Ultimative

PP are the Devil.
http://www.stylespc.com
Just ordered a CD-RW from them, came in 3 days
Old 14th May 2002, 16:27     #88
Drgnfire

Yup, must say I'm not keen on PP.... but Hotchips just rock!
Old 19th May 2002, 21:44     #89
AxioN

pp are good 2 min walk from my place 2 ;o
Old 23rd May 2002, 18:21     #90
Trigger
Laserman

www.starlyte.co.nz rock
ordered a few bits off them, awesome prices and good delivery
also quite friendly over the e-mail
Old 23rd May 2002, 20:00     #91
Ultimative

Quote:
Originally posted by AxioN
pp are good 2 min walk from my place 2 ;o
Stay away from the dark side of the force...........
Old 23rd May 2002, 21:56     #92
farns

Hotchips is about 2 mins from my place,he seems like a good bloke and service is pretty good for sure,hes got got good prices too adn I want 35% off next time please Paul.
Old 25th May 2002, 06:54     #93
Logbo

Thumbs up www.starlyte.co.nz

Cheers for the plugs on Starlyte guys, I know drew trys his best to keep you all happy. And from the looks of things all off you are. must be doing our job then. umm just off on a side note. what do you think of the layout of the site. any thoughts plz drop me a line, as customer input is always great. Shout outs to our competition. Once again cheers for the starlyte plugs people.

Last edited by Logbo : 25th May 2002 at 06:55.
Old 13th June 2002, 10:48     #94
Sarge

I'm behind Starlyte 200%, for the past 2 months I've been using them solidly and haven't had any problems. Products arriving within 1 day of ordering!.

Great prices, fast and effective emails and what's best, very fast transactions!. For price and speed try Starlyte.
Old 13th June 2002, 11:11     #95
El Lay

Quote:
Originally posted by ULTIMATIVE

Stay away from the dark side of the force...........
I had a slightly bad experience with pp also, so like the people here have been saying already, I do not recommend them.
Old 13th June 2002, 19:55     #96
Ultimative

Quote:
Originally posted by El Lay

I had a slightly bad experience with pp also, so like the people here have been saying already, I do not recommend them.
I say we torch them....
Old 28th June 2002, 13:07     #97
Sarge

PP use to be good, until they expanded (expanding way too fast) and it has caught up with them now.

Use Starlyte, reply to quotes sooooo fast.
Old 28th June 2002, 15:42     #98
Phrack

I think I sent an email at like 10pm and got a reply at 10:30
Always got a reply from stralyte within 4 hours
Old 23rd July 2002, 12:33     #99
InfraredSemen

Holy crap

Sorry but i think Oem Computers is far better
Old 25th July 2002, 22:33     #100
djPseud0

Gamma and a couple of AZN shops in AKL [ETC COMPUTER] are all i trust
Old 25th July 2002, 22:48     #101
Deff
I felt shocked

Quote:
Originally posted by djPseud0
Gamma and a couple of AZN shops in AKL [ETC COMPUTER] are all i trust
Haahaa you are kidding right?
Old 10th August 2002, 12:35     #102
NoQualm

Quote:
Originally posted by Bat@Work
grr@pp
its been 1 month since i orderd something from them, and they only sent it last week!
They said it'd be sent in 1-4 days, one month ago
!
Bah bah
pp suck!

sooo slow!
ordered a GF4 on Monday and still don't have it
Old 12th August 2002, 18:43     #103
Ultimative

Fucken hell, everyone boycott pp.co.nz!
Old 13th August 2002, 09:09     #104
Megatron

pp definitely have good prices but are far too slow, not just deliveries but replying to emails etc... they should take a lesson from ascent or hotchips.
Old 16th August 2002, 12:59     #105
Phleep

I ordered a GF4 over a month ago from pp and received a couple of update emails the days after but then nothing for ages.

I noticed the price drop on the MyVivo version and rang them up to change the order. The guy couldn't find my original order (I had my order number etc) but found the pdf receipt. I changed my order.

The next day I was rung up by one of them asking if I wanted the original GF4 as they were following up orders which noone had claimed. It sounded like my order had been there all along.

Only took a day to get my GF4 with MyVivo (and a couple extra things).

They were changing system and are friendly so I'll give them benefit of the doubt.
Old 16th August 2002, 13:09     #106
Dan

I just bought a 32x LiteOn cd-rw from pp. I have to say I have no complain of their product, they were reasonably quick & a very good price... sounds like ymmv from everyone elses comments though.

btw LiteOn drives are f#@king excellent...

Last edited by Dan : 16th August 2002 at 13:10.
Old 16th August 2002, 19:17     #107
Ultimative

Hmmmm ok PP are back in my good books, I was desperate for a new mouse, went to PP (urgh) ordered it with fast order, got an email a few hours later saying it was ready, got my dad to pick it up a couple of days later. All good.

Only gripe is delivery which I don't use anymore
Old 28th August 2002, 09:55     #108
badassmofo

I've never had a problem with PP

and I've brought, Motherboards, CPU's, Video Cards, Cases, Ram, and heaps more stuff.

I would buy off them again for sure.
Old 10th September 2002, 23:01     #109
Nuclear

Anyone dealt with DotCom Tech before? I was thinking about buying a hard drive off them.
Old 11th September 2002, 12:56     #110
[reyPh]

PP give the best prices, they even match a price you've found somewhere better, which I've done to them on 3 occassions and they did this and gave me that price or better (i Think in some cases)

But yeah they can be quite slow, I feel sorry for the dude in this thread whos been waiting a month! thats shocking dude!

most I waited was like extra week or a few days.

as for the GST prices.

I prefer GST Inclusive, whats the point in having it exclusive, I can not buy it with out GST so those prices mean jack to me.

and isn't it the law for companies to provide both inclusive and exclusive GST.. (if they are only showing exclusive prices)
Old 11th September 2002, 21:53     #111
Nuclear

Well i dont trust dotcomtech.... never heard of them before and their site is just so dodgy!

Quote:
Q: What are you?

A: We are DotCom Technology

Q: Cut the crap!!

Q: Get outta my face!!

Looks like im going to pp :]
Old 13th September 2002, 15:30     #112
Ard Righ

Quote:
Originally posted by [reyPh]
and isn't it the law for companies to provide both inclusive and exclusive GST.. (if they are only showing exclusive prices)
I think it is more along the lines of the fact that if you list any pricing, it is automatically GST inclusive unless clearly stated otherwise.
Old 15th September 2002, 18:11     #113
[reyPh]

Quote:
Originally posted by Ard Righ
I think it is more along the lines of the fact that if you list any pricing, it is automatically GST inclusive unless clearly stated otherwise.
yeah some form of wording along that sense :-)
Old 19th September 2002, 15:06     #114
Dan

hmm im going to give www.tastech.co.nz a

sent them an email order on the 8th (sept.) got a reply on the 9th and then I replied asking which bank acct. no etc and they havent replied since. I almost get the feeling they can't be bothered?
Old 19th September 2002, 20:34     #115
Phrack

i emailed them
they no reply
i get angry
Old 20th September 2002, 08:09     #116
[reyPh]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan
hmm im going to give www.tastech.co.nz a

sent them an email order on the 8th (sept.) got a reply on the 9th and then I replied asking which bank acct. no etc and they havent replied since. I almost get the feeling they can't be bothered?
I asked for a quote (to tastech) for well over 3grand.. and they didn't bother replying.. I said to my self.. screw them you don't want my money.. fine I won't shop with you.
Old 23rd September 2002, 18:12     #117
Dan

just out of curiosity, has anyone got a reply or anything from www.tastech.co.nz in the last 10 or 15 days?

I've bought a few things of them(him) in the past in person, and have got pretty good deals for stuff...
Old 23rd September 2002, 18:13     #118
Phrack

i email him yesterday
i get reply today
*puts tastech back in good books*
Old 3rd October 2002, 20:59     #119
camel

Laugh A new boy in town!

Been reading the forum and thought i would put my own 2 cents in i buy off firstcomputers .co.nz,ascent had my pc for 5 weeks then sent it back with a new motherboard and cpu . 5 WEEKS man ,unacceptable but what can u do ?

www.firstcomputers.co.nz

Anyone in for a lan session on GP4 Wanganui area??
Old 9th October 2002, 16:56     #120
Ard Righ

Re: A new boy in town!

Quote:
Originally posted by camel
Been reading the forum and thought i would put my own 2 cents in i buy off firstcomputers .co.nz,ascent had my pc for 5 weeks then sent it back with a new motherboard and cpu . 5 WEEKS man ,unacceptable but what can u do ?
That be your computer with the 2 different motherboards and a CPU that were swapped out because they wouldn't post.

It generally helps, if you are going to make a public complaint about a company, to at least give a bit of background information on why the computer was there in the first place.

Yes, 5 weeks is a long time, but unfortunately, we are not God, and cannot make the supply of these items come any faster than they normally do.