NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 7th June 2010, 18:30     #1
MrTTTT

I Hate Activists

Just wanted to put it out there... You see people like Minto at every damn event conceivable to man. I reckon they care more about putting themselves out there than the issue... Discuss!
Old 7th June 2010, 18:34     #2
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The "professional protester" crowd you mean?
Old 7th June 2010, 18:35     #3
leadinjector

people like minto, yeah. hes just a publicity whore. protesting has its place, but protesting for the sake of it is imo kinda lame, like his protests against that girl in the ASB tennis cup.
Old 7th June 2010, 18:36     #4
CCS
Stunt Pants

I definitely dislike John Minto. Give him a lefty cause and he'll foam at the mouth over it.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:16     #5
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The "professional protester" crowd you mean?
Yes. The thing that irks me the most is that I'm forced to work with these guys from time to time (a hazard of my profession). Arghh!!!! Whenever you pitch a solution they smugly refer to some anti-capitalist shite.

Funny, I was specifically thinking of that tennis cup incident. The other one that came to mind was the Hell Pizza 'darky' fiasco.

There is a place for activism. But I'd like to see people pick specific issues rather than jump on every damn excuse to be a bearded rebel because then I'd feel they're more genuine about the issue than about being 'the activist guy you all know and love!'.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:20     #6
fixed_truth

Protesting is an important right under freedom of speech. Some protests I agree with (eg anti-apartheid, sea bed & foreshore) some I don't (eg tennis one, trucking, fart-tax). But I'm glad in New Zealand we have this freedom.
Old 7th June 2010, 21:52     #7
xor

Lucy Lawless annoys me
Old 7th June 2010, 21:59     #8
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

her naked body in Spartacus didn't annoy anyone!
Old 7th June 2010, 22:33     #9
JP

Yes, if it wasn't for activists, so many less people would be suffering in the world right now.

This is worthwhile hatred and not retarded.
Old 7th June 2010, 22:57     #10
CCS
Stunt Pants

Except for Minto. He's retarded.
Old 10th June 2010, 23:21     #11
Dusty

Old 11th June 2010, 08:23     #12
JP

People who hate activists are probably some of the most retarded people in the world. Disagree sure, but hate? You're equal to the sum of retardation on a special school bus.
Old 11th June 2010, 08:42     #13
MrTTTT

I hate the 'professional' protesters/activists, like your mate Minto.
Old 11th June 2010, 09:34     #14
badassmofo

I hate those motherfuckers who protest on ANZAC day.
Old 11th June 2010, 10:01     #15
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lol, I love how JP thinks that anyone who disagrees with him is a retard. What an utter cock.
Old 11th June 2010, 10:12     #16
Azmodan

I used to live next door to Joel Cosgrove (activist-lite from Wgtn who burnt the NZ flag on Anzac day ) - smelly motherfucker didn't really do much with his days apart from smoke buckies out the back and attempt to dump rubbish on our property
Old 11th June 2010, 15:27     #17
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

ANARCHIST: Political activist, eh? Ah, what's the last thing you blew up?

RICK: Well, I blew up a rubber johnny actually in the union bar. It was hilarious - everybody thought so.

[Anarchist puts his arm round Rick's shoulders]

ANARCHIST: Yeah. Look, next Tuesday, I'm gonna blow up a Panda in Croydon.

RICK: Yer, right on. Bloody zoos, who needs them?

ANARCHIST: No, a police car, you terminal wally!

RICK: [Nervously] Oh, the - the pigs?

ANARCHIST: Bastards

RICK: Yeah [Snort] Especially the few bad apples that spoil their otherwise spotless image.