Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 8th November 2008, 17:27     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

voted

I didn't have Farmer Joe's scenic view of Manhattan, but a fax from my home office will do
Old 8th November 2008, 17:29     #2
Hurtuso

aye, me too, that's why I'm drinking

What's this 'fax' you speak of?
Old 8th November 2008, 17:45     #3
p01s0n

voted for first time ever today.

does this make me eligible to whinge now?
Old 8th November 2008, 17:53     #4
Deadmeat

I was disappointed at the lack of stickyness of my voted sticker.
Old 8th November 2008, 17:57     #5
Reformed_Quint

I for some reason, was not listed in my electorate... even though i got a easy voting card... me for the lose!
Old 8th November 2008, 18:09     #6
Savage

Got it out of the way last week (working 12 hour shift outside of my electorate today). Was great, 10 minute wait, in and out.
Old 8th November 2008, 18:20     #7
CCS
Stunt Pants

7 minutes, boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
voted for first time ever today.

does this make me eligible to whinge now?
It makes you less of a fart in the wind! Now you stand for something, you count for something!
Old 8th November 2008, 19:25     #8
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I didn't have Farmer Joe's scenic view of Manhattan, but a fax from my home office will do
nice work
Old 8th November 2008, 19:29     #9
Asriel

I voted at Grafton Hospital. So many people there were voting out of their electorate (understandably) so lines were long and slow, plus there were only three people checking names on the roll. Though I got to jump the queue as I was in my electorate, which was great as I was standing behind someone who smelt incredibly bad.
Old 8th November 2008, 19:35     #10
Lightspeed

I voted at the church next door, huzzah!
Old 8th November 2008, 20:00     #11
leadinjector

walked round the corner to vote just before polls closed, no lines. HAH to those who had to queue
Old 8th November 2008, 20:48     #12
A Corpse
talkative lurker

No lines at Chartwell School in Ham East either, was there around midday.

We did however get someone knocking on our door around 11 (and we live in a poor area of Hamilton) wearing a bright red union shirt reminding us to go and vote.

Teh dodgy, though I suppose they weren't breaking any rules as I saw no party name.
Old 8th November 2008, 22:50     #13
Spink

I made a special declaration vote if there are any ties I'll break them!
Old 9th November 2008, 01:15     #14
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
We did however get someone knocking on our door around 11 (and we live in a poor area of Hamilton) wearing a bright red union shirt reminding us to go and vote.

Teh dodgy, though I suppose they weren't breaking any rules as I saw no party name.
Our household got 3 calls in the afternoon from labour/greens parties to make sure we had voted. Not sure how they got our number (unless they were ringing everyone in this electorate) as noone in our house had had any prior contact with the campaigny people.

Voted in the middle of my work shift, as i was going about i stumbled on a random polling place in the middle of a suburb, walked in and out in about 3 minutes.
Old 9th November 2008, 01:19     #15
Trigga*happY

Quote:
No lines at Chartwell School in Ham East either, was there around midday.

That's actually pretty fucked right there... Didn't labour take Rodney Hyde to task over wearing his yellow blazer as it was effectively campaigning due to it's uniqueness to the ACT party and in violation of the EFA (and perhaps in violation of every fashion guide world wide)
Old 9th November 2008, 01:37     #16
Dalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigga*happY
That's actually pretty fucked right there... Didn't labour take Rodney Hyde to task over wearing his yellow blazer as it was effectively campaigning due to it's uniqueness to the ACT party and in violation of the EFA (and perhaps in violation of every fashion guide world wide)
It had the act logo on it, and that was just an individual who lodged the complaint to point out how ridiculous the EFA is. Rodney put a label with the the required information in the jacket pocket..

I couldn't decide who to vote for, didn't really like any of them, so voted for the Maori party as a vote for less MPs. 5 seats with nowhere near the party vote to justify them means theres 122 MPs. If they got another 1.5-2% we'd only have 120 MPs. If Maori party had the vision to campaign with the slogan "Party vote for Maori is a vote for less MPs!" they could've romped in...
Old 9th November 2008, 10:05     #17
Macca@Work

At the polling booth it was packed out pretty much all morning.
The assistants said they hadn't seen such a massive turn out in years.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:12     #18
chiQ
Frag-muff

We voted by fax from a remote Greek village last time. Somehow tootling down to the local community hall just doesn't carry the same romance.
Old 9th November 2008, 11:27     #19
dead goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I was disappointed at the lack of stickyness of my voted sticker.
Fully agree.
Old 9th November 2008, 11:41     #20
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

I would have taken a sticker had it meant I could get free food-related stuff like in the US. But in NZ we don't. So I didn't.
Old 9th November 2008, 11:45     #21
BaM
Freeloader

I saw a couple wearing them and thought they looked completely lame. Really, who the fuck cares if you've voted or not?
Old 9th November 2008, 12:32     #22
Toksin

Threw mine away soon as I got it.

Voted at the school next to uni after my exam - in and out in 5 mins. Walked in, old lady at the door goes "Well this looks like a special vote"
-errm, excuse me?
"Special.....vote...?"
-i have no idea what you're talking about
"oh okay, go over there then"

:/
Old 9th November 2008, 12:33     #23
Ginahd

Old 9th November 2008, 13:27     #24
Mish
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
The assistants said they hadn't seen such a massive turn out in years.
Really? in YEARS? Like... Maybe... Three Years?
Old 9th November 2008, 13:38     #25
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
I for some reason, was not listed in my electorate... even though i got a easy voting card... me for the lose!
Maybe thats because you were kicked out of your house
Old 9th November 2008, 13:39     #26
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish-nz
Really? in YEARS? Like... Maybe... Three Years?

*guffaw
Old 9th November 2008, 18:30     #27
Mickey

Three years ago we had to queue for about 15 mins. This year we went at lunch time and there were no queues at all. Was bliss.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:42     #28
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigga*happY
Wasn't it found later to have been an ACT supporter who did that to try and call attention to the supposed absurdity?
Old 10th November 2008, 13:39     #29
blynk

Quote:
Wasn't it found later to have been an ACT supporter who did that to try and call attention to the supposed absurdity?
I also believe it was because the jacket had an Act emblem and statement on it, with no authorising thing.
The colour of the jacket meant squat.