NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 14th October 2007, 09:48     #1
p-b

Ahh fuck...

I'm currently in Cyprus and receiving enough shit as it is from all the expat poms here about us being knocked out of the world cup.

Now it's only going to get worse...
Old 14th October 2007, 10:11     #2
Savage

Awesome game though, really enjoyed it. Bit disappointed France couldn't take it back, but some good play (and good reffing). One thing that struck me (again) was the number of silly attempts to break through the line when France had the numbers and the room to run the ball out to the side.

Loved the pat on the head for the French fullback after the English try over the top of him
Old 14th October 2007, 10:51     #3
Skiltz

i thought caplins referring was awesome....
Old 14th October 2007, 11:15     #4
fixed_truth

france were shit in pool play & weren't good enough to win their last game - so its no surprise
Old 14th October 2007, 11:32     #5
caffiend

I would vastly prefer Argentina to beat SA, but I almost want SA to win now just because I believe they have the better chance of denying England the world cup.

England cannot win. They just can't.
Old 14th October 2007, 11:54     #6
blynk

Englands turn around has been quite interesting.

From what I saw, the game looked boring, a kick here, a kick there, a kick everywhere, then a drop goal attempt.

I think the only exciting thing was that because there were really only drop goal attempts, and the game was so close, it could have gone either way.

I agree with caffiend, I would love Argentina to win, but I want England to be toasted by getting lots of tries against them, to show that you need more than drop goals to win.
Old 14th October 2007, 16:38     #7
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Englands turn around has been quite interesting.

From what I saw, the game looked boring, a kick here, a kick there, a kick everywhere, then a drop goal attempt.
Nup. It was edge-of-the-seat stuff. Each team was totally committed to every phase, and the forwards were beating the shit out of each other.

Note to All Blacks: Polynesian run-the-ball-from-everywhere Super 14 flash rugby doesn't win World Cups.
Old 14th October 2007, 16:45     #8
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

I recommend 2 points for punting the ball between the posts intead of 3. Maybe even make the RWC a tournament that's won on tries instead of kicks.
Old 14th October 2007, 17:25     #9
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I recommend 2 points for punting the ball between the posts intead of 3. Maybe even make the RWC a tournament that's won on tries instead of kicks.
Yes. 2 points, 3 is too high for drop goals, it's retarded.
Old 14th October 2007, 19:10     #10
Sp0nge

i recommend they change rugby to rugby league
we'd still lose, but it would be much more exciting than the kicking ping pong match that was england v france, nz v france, etc
Old 15th October 2007, 08:25     #11
DeskJet

heck i say reduce it down to one point. That way it could be used in those tight matches that are even score to break the tie (still exciting) or not freakin used at all !

Until those changes are made NZ are gonna struggle with their open style of play !
Old 15th October 2007, 09:32     #12
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
I would vastly prefer Argentina to beat SA, but I almost want SA to win now just because I believe they have the better chance of denying England the world cup.

England cannot win. They just can't.
%%%100%%% agreed my good man. boks to beat the english cunts, please.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:03     #13
slippers

Boks deserve to win because they have both styles mastered.......ie, the kicking/dropgoalfest style as well as the expansive.