NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 13th November 2022, 10:40     #4401
[fe]

Watching starwars machete with some who have never seen it. Watching empire after many years.. So good. ESP After the upbeat ending of the first one.
Old 16th November 2022, 00:58     #4402
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

'Constantine 2' Director Francis Lawrence Reveals How Keanu Reeves Sequel Is Finally Happening
Old 16th November 2022, 11:49     #4403
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [fe]
Watching starwars machete with some who have never seen it. Watching empire after many years.. So good. ESP After the upbeat ending of the first one.
What cuts of the movies are you watching?
Old 16th November 2022, 21:23     #4404
[fe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
What cuts of the movies are you watching?
Disney+ versions. Not sure if the best but seem pretty good.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:04     #4405
Cyberbob

I feel like an abridged version of The Clone Wars series should be compulsory viewing between II and III.

It adds so much to the characters, specifically Anakin.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:30     #4406
[fe]

Things came to a shuddering halt half way through EPIII, attention spans waned. So now I have to make the case to churn through the next 40ish mins to get to the showdown. Then to ewok land.

Disney love remaking stuff. I would love to see a refactored/reinterpreted version of the prequels. Animated would be fine. (havent seen clone wars - sounds like I should?)

Last edited by [fe] : 17th November 2022 at 10:32.
Old 17th November 2022, 11:03     #4407
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I thought Clone Wars was cheap money grab when it first aired, but I came to respect it. Hell, it even made me look at the PT differently.
Holy shiiiiiit I just binged Season 7 and it was so good. There were some filler episodes but the last four or five episode together were a movie a million times more true to Star Wars than the Disney sequels.
Old 17th November 2022, 11:04     #4408
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
I feel like an abridged version of The Clone Wars series should be compulsory viewing between II and III.

It adds so much to the characters, specifically Anakin.
Always thought Star Wars: Clone Wars was better suited to that, personally.
Old 23rd November 2022, 05:04     #4409
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Wakanda Forever wasn't bad; 6/10. Dragged on a bit.
Yeah - was a bit long, and some of the fight sequences were too fast - hard to work out what was going on when it was an all out melee.

The Marvel title change was a nice tribute to Boseman, and it worked as a nice stand alone story without leaning on other Avengers. I found the grief undertone poignant, but primarily because I'm dealing with the death of a chap from the pub on early Sunday morning, so my headspace is a bit wonky.

Martin and Julia's characters were previously married? If that's canon in the comics then I guess it's not a spoiler.
Old 24th November 2022, 09:51     #4410
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Yeah - was a bit long, and some of the fight sequences were too fast - hard to work out what was going on when it was an all out melee.

The Marvel title change was a nice tribute to Boseman, and it worked as a nice stand alone story without leaning on other Avengers. I found the grief undertone poignant, but primarily because I'm dealing with the death of a chap from the pub on early Sunday morning, so my headspace is a bit wonky.

Martin and Julia's characters were previously married? If that's canon in the comics then I guess it's not a spoiler.
Sincerely sorry to hear about your mate, brother.

Yeah the onion-cutting ninjas were hiding out in the cinema with us too. The tribute to Boseman was fantastic, and the genuine emotion on actors faces (especially that last beach fireplace scene) was clear