NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13th November 2022, 10:40     #4401
[fe]
 
Watching starwars machete with some who have never seen it. Watching empire after many years.. So good. ESP After the upbeat ending of the first one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2022, 00:58     #4402
Lightspeed
 
Thumbs up

'Constantine 2' Director Francis Lawrence Reveals How Keanu Reeves Sequel Is Finally Happening
__________________
Stay shook. No sook.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2022, 11:49     #4403
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [fe]
Watching starwars machete with some who have never seen it. Watching empire after many years.. So good. ESP After the upbeat ending of the first one.
What cuts of the movies are you watching?
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2022, 21:23     #4404
[fe]
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
What cuts of the movies are you watching?
Disney+ versions. Not sure if the best but seem pretty good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2022, 10:04     #4405
Cyberbob
 
I feel like an abridged version of The Clone Wars series should be compulsory viewing between II and III.

It adds so much to the characters, specifically Anakin.
__________________
ɹǝʌo sᴉ ǝɯɐƃ ʎɥʇ
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2022, 10:30     #4406
[fe]
 
Things came to a shuddering halt half way through EPIII, attention spans waned. So now I have to make the case to churn through the next 40ish mins to get to the showdown. Then to ewok land.

Disney love remaking stuff. I would love to see a refactored/reinterpreted version of the prequels. Animated would be fine. (havent seen clone wars - sounds like I should?)

Last edited by [fe] : 17th November 2022 at 10:32.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2022, 11:03     #4407
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel
 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I thought Clone Wars was cheap money grab when it first aired, but I came to respect it. Hell, it even made me look at the PT differently.
Holy shiiiiiit I just binged Season 7 and it was so good. There were some filler episodes but the last four or five episode together were a movie a million times more true to Star Wars than the Disney sequels.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2022, 11:04     #4408
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
I feel like an abridged version of The Clone Wars series should be compulsory viewing between II and III.

It adds so much to the characters, specifically Anakin.
Always thought Star Wars: Clone Wars was better suited to that, personally.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2022, 05:04     #4409
StN
I have detailed files
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Wakanda Forever wasn't bad; 6/10. Dragged on a bit.
Yeah - was a bit long, and some of the fight sequences were too fast - hard to work out what was going on when it was an all out melee.

The Marvel title change was a nice tribute to Boseman, and it worked as a nice stand alone story without leaning on other Avengers. I found the grief undertone poignant, but primarily because I'm dealing with the death of a chap from the pub on early Sunday morning, so my headspace is a bit wonky.

Martin and Julia's characters were previously married? If that's canon in the comics then I guess it's not a spoiler.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2022, 09:51     #4410
Savage
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Yeah - was a bit long, and some of the fight sequences were too fast - hard to work out what was going on when it was an all out melee.

The Marvel title change was a nice tribute to Boseman, and it worked as a nice stand alone story without leaning on other Avengers. I found the grief undertone poignant, but primarily because I'm dealing with the death of a chap from the pub on early Sunday morning, so my headspace is a bit wonky.

Martin and Julia's characters were previously married? If that's canon in the comics then I guess it's not a spoiler.
Sincerely sorry to hear about your mate, brother.

Yeah the onion-cutting ninjas were hiding out in the cinema with us too. The tribute to Boseman was fantastic, and the genuine emotion on actors faces (especially that last beach fireplace scene) was clear
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



© Copyright NZGames.com 1996-2022
Site paid for by members (love you guys)