Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 16th July 2021, 14:44     #1401
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Maybe it's my sadism coming out? Seeing the rich suffer the consequences of their actions for a change. This being one time the consequences of calamity can't be thrust onto the vulnerable, as the powerful are wont to do. The new poor crying as they discover that their mantra of "personal responsibility" falls apart when it's their turn to have some responsibility.

Maybe I'm just grandiose in thinking I see a wider perspective?
Yeah, except as usual the people worst hit are NOT wealthy or even really middle-class. The rich arseholes that are doing the complaining and rarking up the politicians are doing so while paying attention to Covid-safe practices because they often know how bad this can get: They just don't give a shit about anyone else. You can bet they're fully vaccinated.

---

That aside the businesses likely to close & not reopen are smaller businesses. Walking around the Melbourne CBD there's a surprising amount of businesses that are now just gone, similar story in the close-in burbs.

However from my view, I have sympathy for them, but would rather the lockdowns - keep it out of the state where possible, if not then do what's required to get it under control. And yes that sometimes means lockdown.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 16th July 2021, 14:54     #1402
Lightspeed

I see what you're saying crocos. As you say the most powerful are indeed still acting powerfully. What's happening is there an ongoing contraction amongst those who are rich.

It's the people who have found themselves newly poor, on the other side of things, a side they've never really taken the time to consider. Seeing them now try and claim their voice, a voice moments before they were happy to play along with efforts to drown out. The voice of vulnerability. That's where my sympathy fails.

The consistently poor are always facing some new hell. The consequences of the pandemic are just the flavour of the week.
Old 16th July 2021, 15:26     #1403
Nich

Can attest to very visible Melbourne business closures.

However, i'd say anti-vax grows among the richer and poorer. One group believes rules aren't meant for them, the other has nothing to lose and both adopt a "fuck you" attitude.

LS is correct that there are more newly poor people. More people with less to lose is a terrible outcome.
Old 16th July 2021, 16:15     #1404
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It's tribalism. Nothing more complicated than that. At a time of tension and anxiety, dumb apes like us seek refuge in our groups. If the group that offers me support and shelter has, as a tribal signifier, antivax opinions then I will adopt those opinions even if deep down I know they're wrong. My desire to fit in with the group overrides everything else. Because there is nothing worse in the world than feeling alone.
Old 16th July 2021, 23:01     #1405
Lightspeed

Tribalism runs through it all, there's more going on than that. Many different competing and complimenting forces and phenomena at play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
LS is correct that there are more newly poor people. More people with less to lose is a terrible outcome.
Many places will reach a tipping point as unhappiness grows. Governments will fall, states will fail.

Western countries still have plenty of give, there is plenty more we'll put up with yet.
Old 20th July 2021, 14:17     #1406
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

le sigh, lockdown in Advegas
Old 20th July 2021, 19:48     #1407
crocos

Yep, and Vic lockdown has been extended (completely predictably) by a week
https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/exten...s-keep-us-safe

Old 20th July 2021, 21:24     #1408
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

God NZ and AU are cocking up the vaccination program so bad.
Old 20th July 2021, 22:35     #1409
Lightspeed

Sorry to hear about your lockdowns.

What's up with the vaccination programs?
Old 20th July 2021, 23:09     #1410
fixed_truth

I think we're tracking good enough
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...9-vaccine-data
Old 20th July 2021, 23:27     #1411
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I don't even have a GP.

That probably means I'm a) not counted, b) not going to be contacted.

We can achieve 100% vaccination with or without me! Just like employment statistics, it's in the government's best interests to exclude people who aren't listed.
Old 21st July 2021, 00:39     #1412
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Worst in the OECD by a huge margin. We fucking suck at protecting our people against this disease.
Old 21st July 2021, 00:55     #1413
Lightspeed

Worst? If we were doing this right, the best able to control the virus would be the last to receive the vaccine.

There are literally billions of people with no clear path to getting vaccinated. A global Petri dish for variants to manifest in.

If something really nasty eventuates people will say "we couldn't have predicted this" which is true, and exactly why you don't allow unpredictable circumstances to perpetuate.

Vaccination rates are just a pissing contest.
Old 21st July 2021, 08:39     #1414
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Worst in the OECD by a huge margin. We fucking suck at protecting our people against this disease.
Eh? Last time I checked we have the lowest(?) infection & death rate & don't have any community cases. At this stage I'm more concerned that people coming into NZ are vaccinated. Our situation means that we don't have to be at the top of the oecd so hitting our targets is fine.
Old 25th July 2021, 17:42     #1415
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

… in virtue of our isolation. NZ depends on international travel and commerce. No vaccination? no open borders, we’re fucked. No vaccination, open borders? we’re fucked.
Old 25th July 2021, 17:52     #1416
Lightspeed

We all get vaccinated, how long until a variant closes our borders again? Will the government even be able to get them closed? Maybe once they're open it's expected we do the pandemic like Europe is, with all the infections and death. Plenty of voices in New Zealand would bark loud and sharp at going back to this once we've left it.
Old 27th July 2021, 15:02     #1417
crocos

Interesting...

AZ then Pfizer may be the way to go, study shows:
https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...dy-2021-07-26/

Old 27th July 2021, 17:30     #1418
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hmmm that is interesting.
Old 27th July 2021, 20:04     #1419
crocos

While the exact order and specific vaccines weren't necessarily known, one of the things that has been hypothesised has been that doing a one-of-each could be better.

The interesting part to me is someone finally got around to testing it and actually has some results. Even though it's a relatively small sample-size as yet, it's still a useful indicative that it's' worth expanding the study... and that the governments that have already done a one-of-each approach (though through more political BS than actual scientific reasoning) aren't endangering their people.

Old 27th July 2021, 20:06     #1420
crocos

Now to see how to get my hands on (well, my arm under) a shot of the Pfizer...

Old 27th July 2021, 21:25     #1421
MadMax
Stuff

baleet

miss-read

Last edited by MadMax : 27th July 2021 at 21:26.
Old 27th July 2021, 22:04     #1422
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Now to see how to get my hands on (well, my arm under) a shot of the Pfizer...
It's still seems totally random. Princess got a shot last week and she said she was just asked out of the blue "will that be AZ or Pfizer ma'am?" as if there isn't a nationwide supply crisis.

I got AZ because that's all I could get. I'd happily have Pfizer as well, especially as AZ officially has a 12-week gap between 1&2.
Old 28th July 2021, 01:35     #1423
crocos

I was stirring and being selfish - I've had two shots of AZ

Old 28th July 2021, 12:28     #1424
SumJaun
Cogito Ergo Sum

https://odysee.com/@drsambailey:c/On...2soGcHDSajuQwn
Old 28th July 2021, 16:20     #1425
crocos

Don't know what that site is but damn it's slow. As a precaution I did a clean restart of my browser...

Old 29th July 2021, 12:53     #1426
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumJaun
8 years between posts. yeah i can pass clicking on the link
Old 29th July 2021, 22:39     #1427
SumJaun
Cogito Ergo Sum

The link is harmless. It is a video of a NZ GP with raising some questions questions. The video content would not stay up on her YouTube page.

In New Zealand we now have the Ministry of Truth https://youtu.be/IQeRDoRxtu8?t=99

Perhaps another 8 years is required to discuss.
Old 29th July 2021, 23:58     #1428
Lightspeed

o_O

Discussion or ravings?
Old 11th August 2021, 14:23     #1429
Lightspeed

Interesting website that tracks the emergence of variants:

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global
Old 17th August 2021, 15:31     #1430
GRiM ReeFer

Sounds like a lot of you are getting jabs, sorry to hear that,

what was your reasoning process?

1)coersion/convenience
2)emotion
3)informed consent(not applicable due to incomplete data and misinformation, misrepresentation of data)
Old 17th August 2021, 15:58     #1431
Lightspeed

Oh, fun.

You'd like a discussion about how we know things and use what we know to make decisions?

I'll start by pointing out I don't know shit about most of the medical interventions I've experienced in my life. I've had numerous vaccines in the past, taken all kinds of medications.

If I'm suddenly compelled to be "fully informed" about this vaccine, that compulsion isn't originating in me...
Old 17th August 2021, 16:11     #1432
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
You'd like a discussion about how we know things and use what we know to make decisions?
OI. NO. He doesn't want that, from you, in this thread.
Old 17th August 2021, 16:15     #1433
Lightspeed

Laugh

lololz
Old 17th August 2021, 16:18     #1434
StN
I have detailed files

You Auckland cunts better have been using the contact tracer app...
Old 17th August 2021, 16:37     #1435
GRiM ReeFer

-LightSpeed- Cool, you didn't have to reply.

Just interested how this is all going down,

manufacturers of a non traditional treatment, given non liability clauses,
the government stating that it is the personal responsibility of the individual to educate themselves on side effects and not mandatory hence no government liability.
Personal choice but government imposed restricted travel and access to services, when we have know right from the start that the "vaccine" does not stop transmission, but if you have a passport it's all good, the paper stops transmission?

Not a vaccine in the traditional sense, issues regarding informed consent, specifically since we are still in the trial timeframe, Treatment has not been approved only use allowed under emergency situation(which would not exist if definition of pandemic was not changed, and if alternate treatments were not available. which they are, as demonstrated by Pfizer releasing pill treatments of ivermectin in India when India refused the liability waiver....which brings up all sorts of questions, does it work? data says yes, but if it works... arghhhh, if it doesn't is Pfizer ripping off the Indians?)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33113270/

Conclusions drawn from the study and clinical implications: The specific and significant COVID-19 risk of ADE should have been and should be prominently and independently disclosed to research subjects currently in vaccine trials, as well as those being recruited for the trials and future patients after vaccine approval, in order to meet the medical ethics standard of patient comprehension for informed consent.

Last edited by GRiM ReeFer : 17th August 2021 at 16:42.
Old 17th August 2021, 17:02     #1436
GRiM ReeFer

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...01971221003647

In summary, the results of our autopsy case study in a patient with mRNA vaccine confirm the view that by first dose of vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 immunogenicity can already be induced, while sterile immunity is not adequately developed.

*Leaky vaccine* causes ADE, what is ADE?
Old 17th August 2021, 18:00     #1437
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiM ReeFer
by first dose of vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 immunogenicity can already be induced, while sterile immunity is not adequately developed.
Translation: in an 86-year-old with heart disease, fucked circulation, dementia, and cancer, it appears a single dose of Pfizer gave the body the ability to recognise and respond to the virus but was not sufficient to give the body the ability to destroy it

English motherfucker, do you read it?
Old 17th August 2021, 18:15     #1438
crocos

Frankly my reason for getting the shots was that it's not going to cause any harm itself, and might mitigate the worst impacts of getting one of the Covid variants.

I do not expect it to be a miracle panacea - I don't expect it to stop infection (symptomatic or otherwise) or stop spread. I think "Vaccine Passports" are a stupid idea that will endanger those that can't get the vaccine.

I only expect it to reduce the severity and transmissibility of the inevitable Covid infection I will one day be inflicted with. It'll stop some, maybe even most deaths, but far from all. It might change a severe but not life-threatening into something mild, but that's not my focus - it might change life threatening into something merely severe, which was clearly stated as the primary goal of developing the vaccines, and was the primary success criteria.

Old 17th August 2021, 20:34     #1439
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
You Auckland cunts better have been using the contact tracer app...
Well it was only a matter of time, called it weeks ago, there is absolutely no way we could have NOT got a community case given the Delta variant.

If I do get it I'm pretty much dead given my medical history and not been vaccinated yet. Which reminds me I need to sort my will out.
Old 17th August 2021, 20:49     #1440
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
However, i'd say anti-vax grows among the richer and poorer. One group believes rules aren't meant for them, the other has nothing to lose and both adopt a "fuck you" attitude.
something something engagement party