Password

Old 16th August 2008, 21:32     #41
MoP

Prince Bandroom (Melbourne), couple of Thursdays ago.. was about $70 I think
Old 25th August 2008, 00:47     #42
Cartman

joey has broken his ankle.. uhoh...

SLIPKNOT has released the following statement:

"It is with huge regret and disappointment that we have been forced to cancel our imminent European festival appearances at Leeds, Reading, 2 Days a Week, Area 4, as well as exclusive performances for MTV Europe and Virgin TV. The other night, Joey Jordison [drums] broke his ankle and doctors have advised Joey to stay off his leg for 4-6 weeks to prevent further injury or permanent and more serious damage."
Old 25th August 2008, 01:59     #43
MoP

I read somewhere that the Aus/NZ dates won't be affected.
Old 25th August 2008, 02:38     #44
fidgit
Always itchy

yes you did

perhaps here?
Old 25th August 2008, 14:54     #45
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

*phew!!!*

I just bought their album today, up to track 6. So far, I'm pretty impressed
Old 25th August 2008, 21:49     #46
dead goon

lol
Old 25th August 2008, 23:51     #47
xpandnz

the album is pretty weak tbh. there hasnt been any great music in the last few years. nothing that has really wowed me.

however in saying that, the john mayer DVD where the light is is just incredible. the trio set rocks my world but thats because i love blues.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:31     #48
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Really? That's not what you said in your thread about Linkin Parks Minutes to Midnight bro!
Old 26th August 2008, 16:39     #49
xpandnz

Rolling eyes

yeah but that was last year in March or something.
But still nothing has super wowed me.

I guess for me the higlights off AHIS is Snuff (track 11) and Within Lies Come (track 10) i think.

Snuff is cool cause its like Stone Sour.

And maybe there lies the problem. Slipknot is more and more becoming Stone Sour/Corey Taylor Band then Slipknot.

If you listen to the first album (not M.F.K.R) then you wonder where all that energy has gone.

Iowa was for me a great slipknot album, with my only critisism being that it has a bit too much screaming for no reason. It was like they were trying to make the scariest heavy metal album out there. Some great riffs, sounded sonically much better than the 1st and the production value was pro. I mean, Mic and Jim's guitars just sound amazing.

Vol 3 was the beginning of the end. There are a few good tracks there but it sounds like Slipknot was having an identity crisis. I mean, do we want to sound like Slipknot of the old or Stone Sour?

So AHIG is a natural progression of them trying to find them selves again. Having recorded this in Des Moines of Iowa probably helped them to get back into their roots. But it still seems like its missing something.

But hey, ill keep listening to it, maybe it will grow on me right? Who knows!

I wont see them live, i seen them at the BDO and i was unimpressed. Corey cannot sing his melody parts at all live. His voice is just too worn for that. I understand cause I sing in a band and I have to make sure our set is done right so I can still hit my high notes correctly in some of our songs.

Def cant wait for the new tellica. time for them to redeem themselves after St Anger. I have said this to a lot of people. If you havent watched Some Kind Of Monster then you will never understand why St Anger sounded like it did.

There is my rant for the day lols!
Old 26th August 2008, 23:36     #50
Nuclear

still not really sure why people still love this band. I remember being into them when i was about 15/16..but now? no way. there are so many more bands making infinitely better (similar) music without a gimmick.
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:57     #51
chris

Machine Head were great.
Tight set, just WAY too fucking short thanks to it being a slipknot show.
Sound was ok, messy mix for the first song but seemed to get sorted once the shred came along and once I got my musicians plugs in.

Great performance from them. I was really happy to see that they didn't slack off just because they were the "warm up" act. High energy and great fun to watch.

Didn't hang around to watch slipknot as I would rather listen to pigs being castrated.

Got my $100 worth!
Would love to see them again and I don't think any fan of MH would have been disappointed.
I was worried I would be disappointed by MH after being blown away by Meshuggah a couple of weeks back but I loved it.
Old 24th October 2008, 08:58     #52
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Slipknot were sleepy and wanted early beddy byes. Concert was over by 10.30pm
Old 24th October 2008, 13:15     #53
Nailbomb

Lame how neither the stuff or herald reviews mentioning anything at all about Machine Head's performance.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:27     #54
Cartman

nor did they play Wait & Bleed.. or Pulse of the Maggots..

my ears are still ringing from it
Old 24th October 2008, 14:38     #55
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbomb
Lame how neither the stuff or herald reviews mentioning anything at all about Machine Head's performance.
Luckily we fans who buy the MH albums and pack the pit screaming for more are the ones that MH will be coming back for. Not the wannabe "journalist" reviewers who were probably born after Burn My Eyes.
Old 24th October 2008, 16:56     #56
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
Burn My Eyes.
That is such a fucken awesome album.
Regarded by many (from reviews I've read) as still Machine Heads best work to date.
Old 24th October 2008, 17:28     #57
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
nor did they play Wait & Bleed.. or Pulse of the Maggots..

my ears are still ringing from it
Not fussed about them not playing either of those songs. Gemetria and Gehenna from All Hope is Gone would have been good though.
Old 24th October 2008, 17:49     #58
lektronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
That is such a fucken awesome album.
Regarded by many (from reviews I've read) as still Machine Heads best work to date.

IMO, the last best American metal album - sort of a pinnacle of good quality Death/Trash from States before it all went "Grrr grrr grrrr" Nile-stylez.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:07     #59
xpandnz

just got hold of Mushuggah Alive Live DVD, those guys are machines, they cannot be human and not make any mistakes in these songs. Plus the quality of the sound is seriously as close to a studio recording you will get.

Highly recommended
Old 24th February 2010, 14:54     #60
Mongorize

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandnz
just got hold of Mushuggah Alive Live DVD, those guys are machines, they cannot be human and not make any mistakes in these songs. Plus the quality of the sound is seriously as close to a studio recording you will get.

Highly recommended
MESHuggah
Old 24th February 2010, 15:25     #61
xpandnz

i hate my life
Old 24th February 2010, 16:32     #62
JiggaRoll
For the Horo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandnz

Highly recommended
When can we expect the song by song analysis detailing the roller-coaster ride of emotions it took you on?

Sorry couldn't help myself.
Old 28th July 2021, 12:46     #63
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Seemed like an appropriate thread to bump:

RIP Joey.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...t-drummer-dies