_Incubus_

Wales..upset of the tourney!
Old 11th September 2011, 22:48     #84
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrack
www.vipbox.tv is giving decent live streams
Or if you're desperate, live free on Maori TV.

Go the Welsh. Good stuff.
Old 11th September 2011, 22:52     #85
orpheus
Jedi Knight

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Go the Welsh. Good stuff.
Old 11th September 2011, 22:57     #86
[WanG] Wandarah

Bah, all SA now.
Old 11th September 2011, 22:58     #87
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Another 14 minutes... game on..
Old 11th September 2011, 23:12     #88
[WanG] Wandarah

jammy cunts
Old 11th September 2011, 23:14     #89
BoyWonder

Should be 19 -17 to Wales
Old 11th September 2011, 23:15     #90
badassmofo

Barnes was horrible again, can't tell the difference between a knock on and knocked back, and doesn't seem to mind players flopping all over the rucks. So inconsistant.
Old 11th September 2011, 23:19     #91
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Unlucky, Wales. GG
Old 11th September 2011, 23:22     #92
orpheus
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
Should be 19 -17 to Wales
are you referring to the kick that appeared to go over but wasn't given ?
Old 11th September 2011, 23:24     #93
BoyWonder

Sure am - replay showed it clearly went over but the referee overruled the touch judges... unbelievable.
Old 11th September 2011, 23:31     #94
xpandnz

Same ref from the NZvsFR game in 2007.
Old 11th September 2011, 23:44     #95
MadMax
Stuff

why couldn't we have had those views fred shot on tv?
Old 12th September 2011, 00:07     #96
p-b

Was working outside and around Otago Stadium in the lead up to the game. Couldn't believe the number of people streaming past, and that was only 30,000 odd people.

Bigger stadiums must have been crazy.

The English and Argie fans were very entertaining.

On another note, the Dunedin fanzone in their townhall is a shittah...

Could have at least put some grandstands up or something. Instead, it just looks (and smells) like a giant TAB sports pub.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:13     #97
Savage

Love the fact so many of the lower end teams (eg: Italy, Namibia, Japan, Tonga) are putting in such awesome performances. Would be brilliant to see some crazy upsets shaking up the usual big names at the tops of the leaderboards.

I was cheering for SA in tonight's game, but I think Wales brought a hell of a game to the field. I really think Wales deserved the win, thought the Boks played like amateurs. Don't see the Boks getting through to the quarters/semi's if they keep up this level of play.
Old 12th September 2011, 10:17     #98
ZoSo

The Argies & Wales winning would have been awesome.
Old 12th September 2011, 12:21     #99
Fluffer

Romania, Japan and Tonga winning would have been more awesomer.... and turned everything on its aras..
Old 12th September 2011, 12:24     #100
xor

I think it's awesome that the English media is absolutely slamming the All Blacks performance against Tonga yet they fail to mention the atrocious game that their own boys played. Keep it up, whinging cunts.
Old 12th September 2011, 14:20     #101
JERI

I didn't watch the Wales game, but now I see what the fuss was about.

Surely this kick went over? Why did the refs ruled against it? If I were a Wales fan I'd be pissed off.
Old 12th September 2011, 14:20     #102
orpheus
Jedi Knight

2 words:

Wayne Barnes
Old 12th September 2011, 14:44     #103
CCS
Stunt Pants

Impossible to tell for sure from that angle. The only people who would have other angles is Sky and we won't see them until they do their own highlights.
Old 12th September 2011, 15:25     #104
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I was after replays... so I thought to myself "What's a good way to get hold of something that's been on the TV recently?" And then facepalmed. So I'm sorted on that.

Live stream would be cool though!
At Tech-Ed they previewed some highlights media package that the big boys use (and insert live links into their articles) - and I think it was available for home use too - not real time, but available within a few minutes after each half.

I can't confirm the link - streaming media blocked at present
Old 12th September 2011, 16:10     #105
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Impossible to tell for sure from that angle. The only people who would have other angles is Sky and we won't see them until they do their own highlights.
I beg to differ..I thought it went over the first time I saw it and couldn't understand why it wasn't given.
Old 12th September 2011, 16:30     #106
[WanG] Wandarah

Ah right, well, should've asked you then eh?
Old 12th September 2011, 19:45     #107
CCS
Stunt Pants

facepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
I beg to differ..I thought it went over the first time I saw it and couldn't understand why it wasn't given.
Thanks for settling the matter. I'll alert the IRB at once and let them know the foremost expert on watching goals kicked on TV has come to a firm conclusion.
Old 12th September 2011, 20:07     #108
Macca@Work

Lol it looked it went over to a large number who saw it live and on replay.
Welcome to CCS.com - the place of public discussion.

Old 12th September 2011, 20:16     #109
verve_rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
expert on watching goals kicked on TV
If only such a person existed and was easily available to the ref to consult.

/angry Welshman
Old 12th September 2011, 20:35     #110
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Lol it looked it went over to a large number who saw it live and on replay.
So what? That's like saying "My cat's breath smells like cat food." You really are some kind of brain damaged fucktard.

Quote:
Welcome to CCS.com - the place of public discussion.
Nah, if it was ccs.com then idiots like you would be banned except for when I wanted someone to lol at.
Old 12th September 2011, 20:58     #111
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
So what? That's like saying "My cat's breath smells like cat food." You really are some kind of brain damaged fucktard.

Nah, if it was ccs.com then idiots like you would be banned except for when I wanted someone to lol at.
No that is nothing like saying "My cat's breath smells like cat food.".

If you banned the idiots then no one would go to your site including yourself.
Old 12th September 2011, 21:14     #112
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Will you cunts stop shitting up every single fucking thread?
Old 12th September 2011, 22:10     #113
zeekiorage

...back to rugby

I was actually more annoyed when in the last 10 minutes SA were taking their own sweet time to get to line outs. I could see all Welsh players lined up for throw and the nearest Bok was 20 meters away.

/edit: I want one of the lesser teams to win. It's been close but predictable so far.

Last edited by zeekiorage : 12th September 2011 at 22:11.
Old 12th September 2011, 22:55     #114
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
No that is nothing like saying "My cat's breath smells like cat food."
It totally is. It's just as useless and meaningless a comment. Really, from that angle it's 50/50. You could interpret it either way and the video would support your opinion. So you'd have to be pretty thick to say that you saw it and it went over, as if that's somehow useful to the conversation, especially when 3 referees had a better view and disagree with you.

Here's something that's useful to the conversation: all anyone watching at home has seen is the same angle on every channel and every web page. It seems to me that everybody has only the game footage as it was broadcast. Sky, on the other hand, I would expect to have isolated recordings from a few specific cameras at each OB, which is standard practice. I'm hopeful that one of those cameras caught a better angle than that which has so far been seen. If so, they'll be holding on to that footage for themselves until they do their own highlights show.
Old 12th September 2011, 22:56     #115
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
/edit: I want one of the lesser teams to win. It's been close but predictable so far.
Agreed. Of all the "lesser" teams, I'd love Argentina to take it out (although tbh, I don't know if they count as a "lesser" team anymore since their performances in the last couple of RWCs).

PS
Quote:
Old 12th September 2011, 22:56     #116
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Hey cunt, I'm talking about rugby. What the fuck are you contributing?
Old 12th September 2011, 23:29     #117
Scumbag
Crouching Styles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Actually I agree with this.

While it did look like it curled in towards the end it was hard to tell when this occurred from the one shot (we already have a disagreement here ). If there were multiple camera angles then this could have helped with pinpointing the position of the ball - none were shown at the time.

Regardless of the decision, I think too much has focused on this one event - it would have been much more controversial towards the end of the match.
Personally I wanted Wales to win and they had several opportunities late in the game to do that which were not converted.

Bloody good game, a little bit of controversy, and only the first weekend through.

I want more.
Old 12th September 2011, 23:45     #118
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Hey cunt, I'm talking about rugby. What the fuck are you contributing?

Yep, sure you are. My contribution is to throw myself on the retard-grenade for the greater good of the thread.
Old 12th September 2011, 23:56     #119
Savage

RFID chips in the ball and uprights imo - no more question!
Old 13th September 2011, 00:33     #120
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Yep, sure you are.
Contributing a hell of a lot more than you, you uptight fucking nerd. If you had your way, everyone would talk like simpering nancies, couching their opinion so as to cause the least amount of offense possible. Meanwhile, idiots like macca would be populate the thread with their worthless retarded opinion. BTW, you've made yourself a part of the problem. Nice going, dumbshit. I'm talking about the rugby coverage while you're moaning about bullshit. Don't post here again until you have something to add. Otherwise, go kill yourself.