Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 8th August 2010, 11:45     #161
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
That was a good close match. It'll show the ABs what they need to work on. Having weak opponents playing an old style who just get walked over are no good for the ABs.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:35     #162
xor

A pretty tight game. Aussies could have easily won it imo.

Kurtley Beale looks like the ugliest motherfucker though. He looks like a down syndrome kid with a greasy mo
Old 8th August 2010, 13:00     #163
BoyWonder

Joe Jackson Jnr if you ask me
Old 8th August 2010, 23:48     #164
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
A pretty tight game. Aussies could have easily won it imo.

Kurtley Beale looks like the ugliest motherfucker though. He looks like a down syndrome kid with a greasy mo
He looks like a Fijian-Indian/Pakistani/Australian Aborigine cross to me. So, yeah. Ugly motherfucker. And a decent player too unfortunately :/
Old 17th August 2010, 12:28     #165
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Jeez the Boks have had a horror run of injuries, must be the worse on record! Both Kirchner and Rousow were released for Currie Cup in the Tri Nations bye and both got injured.

Midfield is most likely going to be De Villiers and Olivier and fullback surely has to be Aplon. I'm hoping Hougard gets a run on the right wing, he was a legend in the Super 14, would love to see if he can pull off the same heroics against the All Blacks.
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:42     #166
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

http://www.vipstand.net/watch/3010/1...w-zealand.html
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:51     #167
deh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
watching this, hoping that theres a nz stream so i dont have to watch this game with these commentators.
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:56     #168
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

haha, GL ;p
Old 22nd August 2010, 04:47     #169
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

lol, ref almost got K to the fucken O'd
Old 22nd August 2010, 05:47     #170
deh

Quote:
lol, ref almost got K to the fucken O'd
haha, that was brutal!

what a game, crowd was amazing.. wish nz would have a crowd the large.
Old 22nd August 2010, 05:47     #171
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Carter needs a spank. He missed 11points the bugger! pleased with the result, but crikey dick... Carter needs to sort whatever that is out.
Old 22nd August 2010, 05:57     #172
Deadmeat

Devil grin

Here's hoping safa toilets are built to withstand masonry.

To their credit their defence seemed to have way more hustle this time out and missing that forward pass call pretty much cost them the game through no fault to them. On the other hand... ahahahaha

Good on the players for going straight to the refs aid, that was a ugly hit. So was that back extension one of the safa backs got near the end.
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:25     #173
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

just watched the replay (I'm too old to get up at 3am)

*phew* is the best way to describe it.... SA played sooo much better...
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:26     #174
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

should've been 40-22, if we had Morne Steyn kicking for us.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:41     #175
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

true, didn't even realise Nonu's boot came off in that line break and he ran up the field without it(obviously!)

roflies
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:04     #176
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

All Blacks: Dan Carter out for two months

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10668139

Quote:
World class All Blacks first five-eighth Dan Carter is to undergo ankle surgery on Tuesday, ruling him out of rugby for up to eight weeks.
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:12     #177
BoyWonder

Who's backup for Dan these days? Seems like a while since anyone else has been in the hotseat!

Edit - I see Aaron Cruden is mentioned in the article...

Last edited by BoyWonder : 22nd August 2010 at 22:14.
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:17     #178
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Cruden all the way, he's a tiny wee thing! Will be interesting to see who else gets a chance.
Old 23rd August 2010, 06:05     #179
QWERTY?

Quote:

better now than in 12 months time, will give him a nice recovery period into next years super 14 as well.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:07     #180
_Incubus_

Quote:

Which might explain the reason that DC's kicking game recently hasnt been stellar...
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:34     #181
blynk

So can the safa be cited for giving the ref the big push that ended with him out of it? Surely you don't touch the ref.

I think the safas learnt the Oz last game. Oz came back strong in the pack. They tackled strong and cleaned out the rucks to stop the turn overs. Thats what made us win the first few games so easily.

The safas started to put pressure on themselves. Like when steyn kicked the ball dead from the penalty. Changed it from pressure on us, and a likely drop goal to them, to us being inside their half.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:48     #182
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Cruden all the way, he's a tiny wee thing! Will be interesting to see who else gets a chance.
Delany will be back to contest the back up 10 jersey, mark my words!
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:01     #183
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
So can the safa be cited for giving the ref the big push that ended with him out of it? Surely you don't touch the ref.
I would hope not, while i agree with the idea the ref should be 'untouchable', it was really only circumstance that caused the result from that push. It wouldn't be the first time a ref has been given a suggestion from a player on where he should stand.

Woodcocks try was my favourite moment of the test (besides the end), everyone's screaming for it to go right and find a winger only to find the #1. Cut to front shot of him charging at the line gasping for breath legs going as fast as they can, then he steals a couple of metres infield and does the victory dive, much lols

Heart went out a bit to Smit left holding Nonu's boot, but then i just remember the commentator screaming "HE'S GOT DAGG"

Carter looked really uncomfy getting up after his near try, he had a pretty obvious limp as he moved back. Glad Cruden is likely to get a start out of it though, he must have been screaming to get on for the last game.
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:28     #184
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

genuine tingle down my spine reading this, couldn't agree more!

Quote:
The note of caution must be that so much relies on Richie McCaw's presence. He is, without a shadow of doubt to my mind, the best player rugby has seen - as in the most effective - for a very long time. Perhaps ever.

If it came to picking a world combination of the past 40 years whose sole mission was to win a mythical game, R. McCaw should be the first name on any team sheet. His all-round game is extraordinary to behold.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10668143
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:50     #185
HO-Hoon

Game marred by the bad ref decision missing that forward pass. Even though we still got another try afterwards, its hard to claim that the awarding of that Mcaw try didn't affect the outcome of the game. Looked to be a coin toss to me and was surprised the SA TMO didn't swing towards NO TRY due to the missed forward pass.

Yes SA were in a death spiral at the time struggling to hold on - just would've been better if we could claim the victory (and brag about it) without the win being diluted by poor reffing.

Last edited by HO-Hoon : 23rd August 2010 at 14:53.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:03     #186
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO-Hoon
Game marred by the bad ref decision missing that forward pass. Even though we still got another try afterwards, its hard to claim that the awarding of that Mcaw try didn't affect the outcome of the game. Looked to be a coin toss to me and was surprised the SA TMO didn't swing towards NO TRY due to the missed forward pass.

Yes SA were in a death spiral at the time struggling to hold on - just would've been better if we could claim the victory (and brag about it) without the win being diluted by poor reffing.
Or the call that declared a player running into roko's back after a kick a 'late tackle'. There were several poor calls, we just got lucky in that the one that went our way was the one that really counted. I don't think the TMO could have gone back to the forward pass as the ref only questioned the grounding, although i'm not certain on that one.

Just read the boks had 3 players unused on the bench... wtf when all your fatties are out of breath don't you use your subs?

Last edited by Deadmeat : 23rd August 2010 at 15:07.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:09     #187
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

yeah, i was going to say that, too. I don't think the TMO could've gone back as the ref specifically asked about the grounding.

and that penalty against roko was bs.. and as you said DM, a few bad calls in that game. ultimately if carter's boot was on point we would've been tied up(or leading by 2?) at half time and from there who knows what would've happened. we were clearly the better team, we came close to scoring a lot more than they did. just a shame carter missed 11points.

rah, 3 weeks rest then the final game. bring on the end of year tour!

i wonder if we'll go unbeaten this season.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:24     #188
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Just read the boks had 3 players unused on the bench... wtf when all your fatties are out of breath don't you use your subs?
Your coach is a fucking nutter?
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:26     #189
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
genuine tingle down my spine reading this, couldn't agree more!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10668143

One word, Chris Rattue. Ignore.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:27     #190
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

^^ yeah, usually i dislike his articles

p.s phuck yew! McCaw is the best ever!
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:07     #191
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

TMO's can't rule on forward passes AFAIK. Gotta give SOME responsibility to the Assistant Referees.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:08     #192
HO-Hoon

Quote:
yeah, i was going to say that, too. I don't think the TMO could've gone back as the ref specifically asked about the grounding.
Yeah thats right I recall the TMO coming up with very diplomatic reply but when pushed by the ref (obviously passing the buck) he answered "you may award the try".

It was hard to tell from the video, the angle was perfect but the FPS was lacking. One frame McCaws foot and the ball were in the air, next frame both were grounded so you can't exclude either possibility. Good on the TMO for his integrity but I would've gone nup no try and no one would have complained - I just hate to see a team take the lead with an undeserved try. Guess thats why I'm an armchair ref, not a TMO.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:09     #193
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO-Hoon
It was hard to tell from the video, the angle was perfect but the FPS was lacking. One frame McCaws foot and the ball were in the air, next frame both were grounded so you can't exclude either possibility. Good on the TMO for his integrity but I would've gone nup no try and no one would have complained - I just hate to see a team take the lead with an undeserved try. Guess thats why I'm an armchair ref, not a TMO.
Based on the commentators, simultaneous is out, therefore based on that it would be considered out.
Old 24th August 2010, 02:00     #194
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
One word, Chris Rattue. Ignore.
Gregor Paul is similar. On the flip, Wynne Gray is a legend.
Old 24th August 2010, 08:53     #195
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

It's all about how the ref asks the question guys so it didn't matter if his leg went into touch the same time the ball was grounded. If it happened 'almost' simultaneously, as in, if he didn't have quite enough frames to conclusively prove it 'WASNT' a try when the ref asks, 'is there any reason why i cant award this try?' then he gives the benefit of the doubt to the try scorer.

If the ref says, "I think his foot went into touch, can you confirm a try has not been scored" then under this circumstance the ref would say, 'there is not conclusive evidence to prove a try has been scored, no try'.

It's the same deal with the referral system in cricket, if the umpire is on side with the fielding team they get the benefit of the doubt of the decision, the batting side, they get the benefit of the doubt.

In this case the ref was on side with the All Blacks thinking a try had been scored but wanted to confirm if there was any obvious reason that it might not have - there wasn't, so it was a try.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:25     #196
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

I reckon he got the try. Fuck da hyp3
Old 30th August 2010, 09:10     #197
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Wallabies Boks on Sunday morning was probably the most entertaining match of the entire series, SOOOOOO many tries!
Old 30th August 2010, 09:49     #198
blynk

So many tries, so little structure.

I really thought Aussie were going to score when they were only down 3/6 points.

They were looking good, but dropped balls etc let them down.

Oh, and their commentators are so funny.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:54     #199
Lord Pidgington

The new rules have undeniably changed the game for the better. Counterattacking has never been so prevalent and deadly.

Invariably under these new rules Southern Hemisphere at next year's World Cup seems a given. I'd like to say the Northern Hemisphere can adapt, but historically they've proven to be unable to change their playing style.
Old 31st August 2010, 08:43     #200
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I think Quade Cooper cleared the ball once, MAYBE twice, ran it pretty much every time.