Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 24th September 2007, 15:06     #41
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
I think it's reassuring that they can do such a fine job denying the opposition access to the ball. I can barely remember the parts of the game when the Scots were holding the ball at all.
Yeah, end-game result for possession was 67% to 33%. They(Scot's) didn't do much with the ball did they?! haha
Old 24th September 2007, 15:08     #42
-Dr.J-

Messy game, exacerbated by the poor strip selections. Our other strip looks like arse, and very similar to the Scottish one. I wanted to see better execution from the AB's, it's like they just wanted to try out a bunch of things and had very little real cohesion and ultimately a lot of opportunistic broken play points. This happens less in bigger games so really is of no use looking forward.

Our scrum needs to tone it down or generally just try and help keep the oppositions pack together / up because we're not getting any benefit from decimating enemy packs. If anything we're getting pinged for their ineptitude which is poor refereeing but ultimately our problem that we must address. Also all refs in all games I've watched so far are being really slack about getting all packs doing each command of the 4 at the time he says it - This allows people to go early and ultimately leads to inconsistent scrums = More repeated scrumming = Why league is superior.
Old 24th September 2007, 15:19     #43
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

yhea the strips were a shocker of a call , should have just worn the black jersey was fucking hard to tell the teams apart.

So many handling errors :| scrum was awesome though felt sorry for their front row
Old 24th September 2007, 16:27     #44
blynk

Do the ABs body suits have the Batman nipples in them. Or were Carter,McCaw and others just really excited for the whole game
Old 24th September 2007, 16:50     #45
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

What's happened to the white jersey with black insignia? That always looked sweet playing against Scotland.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:56     #46
-Dr.J-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
What's happened to the white jersey with black insignia? That always looked sweet playing against Scotland.
Old 24th September 2007, 17:08     #47
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
haha, but who gives a fuck about SA

DON'T HURT ME BRO

Kaffa
Ahaha, I'd say the people who have to play the Boks certainly give a fuck about them

I would LOVE to see an SA vs NZ final, that would be an epic game of rugby.
Old 24th September 2007, 18:01     #48
_Incubus_

After watching the match again in the light of day there were a lot of unforced errors by a stuttering AB's outfit. However a lot of what was going on looked like hesitation on the AB's part, probably due to the similarity of the playing strips. There were several instances where AB's players held back on major break passes for what looked like the players doing double takes on who they were passing to..The match officials need a good kick in the fucking head for that one...
Old 24th September 2007, 18:10     #49
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Ahaha, I'd say the people who have to play the Boks certainly give a fuck about them

I would LOVE to see an SA vs NZ final, that would be an epic game of rugby.
Yeah, Glen and I say quite regularly(at least when we see them play(SA)) that "fuck bro, look at that forward pack". They're monsters bro.

I think Whitz is coming over this week and I think he was mentioning something about bringing your ass over. Hook it up bro Come see me before you hit Canada (Who's your Account Manager ?).
Old 25th September 2007, 09:14     #50
Savage

Haha monsters indeed ... Os Durant doesn't look like he's changed at all in the last few years, still just head and shoulders. Who needs a neck anyway!

Yeh I'll cruise round with Whitz. The rolla's lost another 7 to 10kgs
Old 25th September 2007, 09:56     #51
Kryten

So I heard on the radio this morning that after 20 minutes the management (I believe from both teams) tried to arrange having the jersey's changed and the IRB agreed, but no-one had actually taken the black jersey's to the game. Doh.
Old 25th September 2007, 13:20     #52
LFC

I don't know why rugby doesn't do what football does, have a home and away strip that everyone knows what the colours are, if the away teams home strip clashes then they wear their away strip, if they still clash they usually have a 3rd strip they can wear.
Old 25th September 2007, 14:57     #53
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Scotland produced a new strip. IRB looks at PHOTOS, thinks... it's ok.
We produce a new away strip. IRB looks at PHOTOS, thinks.... it's ok.

Everyone else looks at the two strips in the flesh and thinks... fuck.
Old 26th September 2007, 11:14     #54
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
We produce a new away strip. IRB looks at PHOTOS, thinks.... it's ok.
Apparently AB's have had that away strip for almost 2 years now, just haven't needed it before now.
Old 26th September 2007, 11:59     #55
xor

Cares, we still monster'd them 40-0
They were scoreless. Couldn't even get a good shot at goal.

Sick of all the people chopping them down because they dropped a ball...HOMOGOSH THEY DROPPED THE BALL!
Kiwi's always feel the need to criticise our successes
Old 26th September 2007, 12:15     #56
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Cares, we still monster'd them 40-0
They were scoreless. Couldn't even get a good shot at goal.

Sick of all the people chopping them down because they dropped a ball...HOMOGOSH THEY DROPPED THE BALL!
Kiwi's always feel the need to criticise our successes
Exactly, the more you have the ball, the more mistakes you will make
Old 26th September 2007, 13:52     #57
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC
I don't know why rugby doesn't do what football does, have a home and away strip that everyone knows what the colours are, if the away teams home strip clashes then they wear their away strip, if they still clash they usually have a 3rd strip they can wear.
That used to be the case for the ABs. Black tops black shorts unless there's a clash (e.g., Scotland) and if necessary white tops black shorts.

This "grey bits and black bits" bullshit reeks of marketing.
Old 26th September 2007, 13:53     #58
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
Scotland produced a new strip. IRB looks at PHOTOS, thinks... it's ok.
According to the reports I read, it was more like

"Scotland produces a new strip. IRB looks at PHOTOS, thinks... it's ok. Scotland takes the field in a different strip the IRB hasn't seen."
Old 26th September 2007, 13:58     #59
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
That used to be the case for the ABs. Black tops black shorts unless there's a clash (e.g., Scotland) and if necessary white tops black shorts.

This "grey bits and black bits" bullshit reeks of marketing.
Exactly, they can make minor changes each year and sell it again.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:28     #60
slippers

No - this strip is Scotland's REGULAR STRIP.

This IS the strip that was ok'd by the IRB. Scotland do not currently HAVE a plain navy blue strip.
Old 27th September 2007, 12:07     #61
Ard Righ

I preferred the old plain white/silver silver strip the All Blacks had. The new 'alt' strip is awful.