NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 16th May 2010, 10:13     #161
Ultimative

Just happy for the 2 points. Cows were pretty terrible, and as times we only looked less terrible. Seymour brought a lot of structure in the first half, but that seemed to disappear in the second.

Roptai did have an awesome game, happy for him to prove me wrong, but he'll need to back it up for a while.
Old 16th May 2010, 20:54     #162
pig

First half they were great & their defence was really aggressive & forcing errors, second half just some silly mistakes plus a useless bloody ref.
I think the Cowboys were up 5-0 in the penalty count in the second half & the one that they gave against Ta'ai when he has possession was apalling.
Score coulda been more, if Manu wasn't injured he scores that try easy.
Old 20th May 2010, 05:37     #163
QWERTY?

Tate is expected the make a decision very soon on his future, he has bids from Brisbane and the Cowboys.
With Inu in the mix next year I dont really see where they are going to fit 4 centres (moon, tate, ropati, inu)
Old 20th May 2010, 10:00     #164
Ultimative

Inu can potentially be played on the wing, though I'd hope they didn't pay what was reported for him just to stick him out there.

I think this year will see the end of McKinnon, Lattimore, Moon, Lillyman and potentially Royal. That's a decent amount of cap and should ensure we keep Tate. If not, Blair and Lima/Manu here we come.

Apparently Likiliki is off to the Knights aswell =(
Old 25th May 2010, 14:52     #165
QWERTY?

good hard fought win, thought the wheels had definitely fallen off but the bunnies were their own worst enemy, still they didnt crumble under pressure, so they'll be better off for it, minus the injuries
Old 25th May 2010, 22:40     #166
pig

I knew Rapira was going to get injured sooner or later, he has been fantastic this season & really leading from the front. Hopefully they are able to cover for him, was potentially a season ending injury but now they are saying 6 weeks. Maloney is a maybe for this week.
Old 26th May 2010, 01:46     #167
QWERTY?

yeh was slightly relieved when i heard maloney would probably be back this weekend, kind of funny because Burgess pretty much ran knee's first into his back.

Where the hell is Price? he should just announce his retirement flippin heck..
Old 26th May 2010, 10:42     #168
ZoSo

QLD

5 in a row baby.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:21     #169
QWERTY?

Mmmmmaaaaarrrrrooooonnneeessss
Old 27th May 2010, 00:08     #170
pig

Wtf McKinnon is gone to the Tigers - i know Hohaia is at fullback atm but he's not a permanent there surely ?
I think it's a mistake tbh, guess we will see.
Old 27th May 2010, 01:12     #171
Spidey

Wade's been average since his surgery, lost speed and his step. Hohaia has been playing well there, and if he fails there is always Kevin Locke. And WTF with that bullshit last try to NSW, cost me $40.
Old 27th May 2010, 01:15     #172
pig

Gave up watching, NSW halves weren't doing shit whereas Lockyer & Thurston were running everything for QLD.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:42     #173
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Yeah not too sorry to see Wade go; would have liked him to recapture his form but the last 2 seasons have been poor; he lost his speed and also his drive as he didn't back up constantly like he used to. Apparently wasn't even playing too hot in the Vulcans.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:59     #174
ZoSo

Matheson on Devlin's show almost eluded to an altercation with Cleary awhile back iirc. But haven't heard of anything since.
He seemed more disinterested, than anything to do with his previous injury.
I just hope we can keep Tate.

..and how good are Queensland atm
Old 1st June 2010, 16:35     #175
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Hmm, looks like Seymour's injury in the Tiger's game is worse than originally feared - fractured leg, possibly broken - could be a long spell out.
Old 9th June 2010, 09:28     #176
QWERTY?

well, they didnt get hammered by the best team in the comp, was a pretty good display really.

pity for tate if he wasnt injured I believe he would have played for Folou in origin 2, hes gone for 4 - 6 weeks, suckity.

Injuries are really destroying the warriors this year...
Old 9th June 2010, 10:16     #177
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Would have won if the refs had called any of those forward passes.. I feel like a 2007 all blacks supporter

Just can't catch a break this year.. Have we had any games where someone hasn't been injured?
Old 9th June 2010, 13:59     #178
QWERTY?

haha nope, I hope they play the second half of the season strong, once rapira, tate & seymour are back(price isnt coming back, dont even think about it) i think they'll be cracking, John wasnt actually half bad, he had some excellent kicks I wouldnt be surprised to see maloney get sunk for a week to play john with seymour.

I hope Maloney & Seymour take the option and extend for another season, particularly seymour when he is on the field its like night & day in offense but especially in defense.

Last edited by QWERTY? : 9th June 2010 at 14:02.
Old 13th June 2010, 23:58     #179
leadinjector

GO THE WARRIORS
Old 14th June 2010, 10:46     #180
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Man, that was soft penalty against Taia, but I'll take it after Dureauaua's ridiculous hollywood earlier on for the same thing.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:25     #181
QWERTY?

haha I was thinking the same thing, man they let the knights into that way too much, though to their credit the knights did play pretty well.

and no-one injured, first time ever.

relieved they got through, hopefully with some more guys back from injury they'll settle in for the rest of the season and make the playoff in good form.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:28     #182
ZoSo

Much needed win with the bye backing it up. Shame the broncos beat Souths.
Old 17th June 2010, 01:52     #183
QWERTY?

Demolished you blues scum.
Old 17th June 2010, 11:21     #184
ZoSo

Tis a beautiful thing 5 in a row.
Need Lockyer back for 6!
Old 17th June 2010, 15:08     #185
QWERTY?

NSW will bring back gus gould for next year after they get hammered in the 3rd game.

I wouldnt be surprised is Tahu never plays origin again either, their must be some pretty bad blood in the blues camp for him now, regardless of what people have said publicly about supporting him.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:39     #186
ZoSo

The fact they stuck with Folau and he scored twice will be driving them troppo too. It's just a win all round really

Hopefully we don't lose Inglis to AFL though. Could be more on the cards now with all this BS.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:53     #187
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

As long as it's Aussie reps continuing to sign for AFL I don't mind.. Just leave the Kiwis alone

They'll all be back eventually anyway, just like the Rugby converts.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:06     #188
ZoSo

We've lost Tate :/ 3 year contract with NQ.
Old 24th June 2010, 01:55     #189
QWERTY?

Not surprising I guess, Price has probably signaled he is heading back to aussie. It's a pity reallly because with all this injuries we've only ever seen a few flashes of what he is really capable of..
Hopefully Inu and Mateo can make up for that, but it also opens up the cap to make a bid for GI (though i somehow doubt he would move to NZ), what other decent centres are on the market?
Old 26th June 2010, 01:57     #190
QWERTY?

Quote:
fullback Wade McKinnon (hip)
hes already at Wests? crezy
Old 27th June 2010, 21:36     #191
leadinjector

wow @ locke. hope the dude is ok. what a fucking champ.
Old 28th June 2010, 05:21     #192
ZoSo

Five teams on 18 points outside the top 5. So def. a good win. Rough ride home without a champ like Locke though back end of the season. Hope it's nothing major. Looked crunchy.
Old 28th June 2010, 09:59     #193
MrTTTT

I'd be surprised if he isn't out for the rest of the season.
Old 28th June 2010, 10:39     #194
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Bloody injury curse.. First time Locke shows some real form this season and he gets injured..

Not even sure they can straight swap him for Paddy, since he got injured again after he came back from that broken jaw he suffered just as he was showing some class.

Think they'll persist with Tupou? Or give one of the other young speedsters a call up..
Old 28th June 2010, 13:17     #195
Ultimative

Tupou had a pretty damn good game in the U20s, was one of the best on the field.

Pity Locke will be out for a few weeks, but I wouldn't have been suprised if he had dislocated or broken his hip, which would have been the season.
Old 29th June 2010, 03:07     #196
GiBs

Awesome game! Locke just has heavy bruising amazingly and a strained knee from the collision with the post.

Tupou did play pretty well for the U20s but he did make a couple silly mistakes by memory?

What about the other winger (niko?) for U20's or even their centre on the wing? (likiliki or however you spell it) he's quick, evasive, strong and stands out every game he plays, looks realllly hard to put down in tackles!
Old 29th June 2010, 09:58     #197
Ultimative

Likiliki has had one or two games for the Warriors and hasn't really stood out. He plays that bullying style that works well in the U20s, but coming into first grade and playing against men, not so well. He's off to the Knights anyway, I'd rather we get some experience in someone who's sticking around.

Maybe even PAV, who's apparently been killing it in the Vulcans.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:27     #198
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Paddy's still injured AFAIK. Hasn't played for the Vulcan's since doing his hamstring or something first game back after the broken jaw he got in his only 1st grade appearance this year.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:47     #199
Juju
get to da choppa

Price is out for the season/his career. Bit of a stink way to go.
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:36     #200
pig

Warriors have shown interest in Steve Matai - he's a good player but between injuries & suspensions im not so sure he would be value for money ?