NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 9th April 2010, 01:54     #81
QWERTY?

haha I doubt at this rate Price will even play this season...
Old 9th April 2010, 13:07     #82
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

He'll come right, play one game and then we'll lose him to Origin duty
Old 9th April 2010, 14:38     #83
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Ropati out with a hamstring injury now too.. Fast running out of players
Old 10th April 2010, 02:55     #84
QWERTY?

they'll be fielding the entire U20 team in 3 rounds time.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:27     #85
pig

Fuck sake why is it the Warriors always HAVE to concede points in the last 5 minutes before half time, is there something about having a half time lead they just don't like. They really need to harden up mentally, they might still win but i swear every time i get to the 35 minute mark i think right how are they gonna do it this week.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:59     #86
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Whew glad for the win, but no idea what was up fielding Manu, was obvious from the first touch he wasn't all there
Old 11th April 2010, 02:19     #87
leadinjector

GO THE WARRIORS

yeah fucking dumb putting manu in
Old 11th April 2010, 19:45     #88
GiBs

For someone who wasn't 100% his stats were pretty good haha. Should of put them away when we were 12 up, it was far too close in the end. Either way, they're playing some great footy at times, far out they had HEAPS of offloads.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:42     #89
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Brown was good, McKinnon was back to his best on defence, Manu was a fool for playing. Lucky win.
Old 14th April 2010, 02:42     #90
QWERTY?

Manu was cleared by the docs, obviously he and they felt good about him playing.
Brown was on fire, seriously he pulled the entire team up, I just wish he had got that earlier try where he lost the ball, instead of the last minute (albeit more sensational) try for hohaia.
Tate also had a pretty decent game, that guy is pure mongrel you could see him screaming out orders like a mad man.
It was good to see henderson out there as well, though I doubt he can ever wrestle the hooker spot off heremia now.

Tupou to replace Manu this week, thats the only change.

I assume mckinnon is playing fullback, hohaia at 5/8
Old 17th April 2010, 19:45     #91
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

I'll be at the game tomorrow ;> Go The Warriors!!
Old 19th April 2010, 10:42     #92
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
I'll be at the game tomorrow ;> Go The Warriors!!

It was all your fault. They dropped so many balls because they were looking at you. A ginger in the sea of the brown stand.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:50     #93
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

quite a bit of pussy at the game, so i still had a good time ;>
Old 19th April 2010, 11:03     #94
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I take it they lost then... to Penrith? How does that happen?
Old 19th April 2010, 11:07     #95
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Shocking game really.. Don't get dropping Packer for Ropati.. Royal and Rapira had to do the work of 4 props between them, since Latimore was non existent - 3 hit ups in 38mins of play from a prop, wtf? and the lowest tackle count of any forward; and yet they said Packer was dropped because he had a lower work rate?

Hohaia showed again why he's not a first receiver type of player, he always shines when supporting IMHO. Might see Moon back at 6 next week now Ropati's back.

Hope to see some shake ups next week - definitely hope Latimore's bumped down a grade and someone who can carry the ball at least 4 times given a shot. Wouldn't be surprised to see McKinnon gone as well, looks like he may have picked up an injury near the end of the game?
Old 19th April 2010, 11:20     #96
Juju
get to da choppa

They need to teach Tupou that stepping only really works when going forward. Every time he got the ball he did a little dance on the spot, then ended up going straight forward a meter and getting tackled anyway.
Old 19th April 2010, 23:15     #97
MrTTTT

It felt like Rapira was the only forward in our team for the whole game, oh and Brown.

The rest were missing.
Old 19th April 2010, 23:52     #98
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Inglis looks like he may be out for Melbourne, that's a positive at least
Old 22nd April 2010, 02:01     #99
QWERTY?

ugh, i watched the first 20mins, and the last 20 mins

what a piss poor performance..

Locke and Latimore, out

Packer, in

Tate to play on the wing outside Moon.

I guess the thinking of having Packer out might have been that they wanted to play an offload game, its a pity they didnt...

Badly need all of the first stringers back, wasnt Seymour due to return this week?
Price still out(like honestly...)? Same with Mannering?

Last edited by QWERTY? : 22nd April 2010 at 02:03.
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:33     #100
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

NRL Casualty ward has Seymour out for another 2 weeks. Manu, Price and Mannering are all unknown.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:23     #101
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hoooooolyyyyyyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Quote:
THE NRL has stripped Melbourne Storm of two premierships, as well as any competition points this season, in the heaviest punishment for a salary cap breach in NRL history.

NRL chief David Gallop has just announced the extradordinary penalty, after it was uncovered that the club paid $1.7 million to its players outside the cap in the past five years.

The Storm has been stripped of its premierships in 2007 and 2009, three minor premierships and their eight competition points this season. They will not be able to accrue any more points this season, have been fined $500,000 and must pay back $1.1m in prize money.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...ml?autostart=1
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:28     #102
Phantom
May contain nuts

That is unbelievable / massive / out of this world :O!
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:30     #103
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Holy shit.. Going to be an interesting match on Sunday!
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:43     #104
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

OH MY FUCKEN GOD DID YOU JUST READ THAT SHIT!!!
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:47     #105
fixed_truth

WOW.

Gonna be some REAL pissed storm supporters
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:48     #106
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Wonder what this means for their current player contracts, are they all on the market now?
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:48     #107
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Wonder if Manly and Parramatta will get awarded the 07 and 09 titles now.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:39     #108
Claymore

Looking at the big write up on NRL it doesn't look like they'll award the titles to those that lost. Man what a stir up this is gonna cause, be interesting to see player movements next year !
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:49     #109
pig

Holy fuck, just saw this, Parra & Manly don't get given the titles apparently.
" The investigations have revealed the Storm maintained a dual contract system and the club has today confirmed that side letters promising extra payments were stored in a secret file at the home of the Chief Executive
News Ltd chairman John Hartigan said "at this early stage" the architect of the elaborate payment system was former chief executive Brian Waldron, now the boss of incoming Super 15 rugby union team Melbourne Rebels. The Storm are owned by News Ltd "
Goddamn this is going to go on for awhile, might sit up to watch the footy show tonight. Was always curious as to how the Storm were able to hold on to all their big players, apart from Folau.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:53     #110
herp

That's around 340,000 each year or so. I can imagine only a couple of the benchmark players would have received that money.

Tough penalty.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:58     #111
Rocket

HAHA the footy show will be OFF the chain tonight.

NRL will be PISSED at this, as they are trying to break into melbourne hard the land of the AFL.
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:53     #112
Ultimative

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
That's around 340,000 each year or so. I can imagine only a couple of the benchmark players would have received that money.

Tough penalty.
Their spending was increasing though. Last year it was $400,000 and going on the books they were projected to spend $700,000 over the cap this season.

Feel bad for their fans, but fuck the club.

Having said that, Warriors being cashed up, should grab some cheap players ;D Adam Blair and Aiden Tolman, perhaps...
Old 27th April 2010, 15:17     #113
QWERTY?

what a pathetic outing by the warriors, absolutely pathetic

I dunno about anyone else but I was very suspicious of how the storm was keeping so many top players while teams like the bronco's had to shed huge amounts of talent...

hopefully the warriors get some good mid season acquisitions !
Old 27th April 2010, 15:30     #114
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Storm won't be shedding any players this season, there's no incentive given that even if they get under the salary cap they still won't be able to accrue points. Storm Players have already said they'd rather take a a voluntary pay cut if it meant being able to get points this season, so I'm glad the NRL isn't letting them.

They might release players on long term contracts to play next year though..

Two weeks in a row of pretty crap performances by the Warriors for sure. 68% and 63% completion is pretty shocking.. Wonder if there'll be changes announced tonight? Lillyman's gone with an injury, hoping Cleary does something a bit more drastic than just a straight swap of him for Latimore.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:51     #115
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I just hope lots of Storm players convert to a real sport and join the Melbourne Rebels.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:55     #116
nostrom0

I blame this thread for the downfall of the Storm...
Old 28th April 2010, 01:12     #117
QWERTY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
I just hope lots of Storm players convert to a real sport and join the Melbourne Rebels.
Hey! Get out union troll!
Old 28th April 2010, 10:28     #118
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Wha? You're in the Rugby forum, this thread shouldn't even be here fool! :P
Old 28th April 2010, 11:16     #119
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Yes, having this thread in here is making it so hard to find those 3 other active threads in this forum! Get over it already.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:27     #120
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Calm down Salad Man I was just pointing out he can't tell me to get out of the NRL fan boy thread when it's in the Rugby forum Besides you league fans troll Rugby threads CONSTANTLY, so just fuckin' handle the jandal buddy!