Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 14th February 2010, 10:01     #121
fixed_truth

Chiefs . . . upset . . . bastards!
Old 14th February 2010, 10:32     #122
oOo Dragon oOo

Ug.. I had a shocker. I was sure I picked the brumbies to win.. turns out I didnt. And then the chiefs win bugger.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:09     #123
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

damn step-daughter picked the Chiefs.... so I now have a 12-y.o. girls gloating at me :/
Old 14th February 2010, 14:16     #124
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
^^^^ hahaah delusional!
I bet you were quaking for the first half
Old 14th February 2010, 15:33     #125
Claymore

Middle of the pack to start, can't complain too much.

Good work Mr Bag, a mighty start but as we all know you will crumble as the season wears on
Old 15th February 2010, 22:01     #126
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I bet you were quaking for the first half
nope! can't prove a thing, didn't see me, wasn't me - it was someone else!

Old 15th February 2010, 23:35     #127
Scumbag
Crouching Styles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore
Middle of the pack to start, can't complain too much.

Good work Mr Bag, a mighty start but as we all know you will crumble as the season wears on
Cheers Bro, I'm sure I will crumble.

At least now I am remembering to make my picks
Old 16th February 2010, 14:23     #128
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Jeez guys the first round means absolutely nothing, it's who can back up a string of good weeks in a row. The cream will rise over the next few weeks :P

I picked the Sharks too, who wouldn't since the Chiefs haven't won in the first round in 5 years? I'm stoked I got it wrong though, go my Chiefs!!!
Old 19th February 2010, 22:29     #129
xor

I think Irene Van Dyke should play for the blues, she's got more of a chance winning the line out than Boric.

I can't be arsed watching rugby union anymore, it's shit.
Old 19th February 2010, 23:21     #130
oOo Dragon oOo

I don't get to watch any of the games. To be fair I don't know why Im picking anything Im not sure who is playing for who.

NM its all good fun
Old 20th February 2010, 09:44     #131
BoyWonder

Well this rounds sucks already. Should have backed the Blues and well done to the 2.5% and 2.84% who backed the Reds and Cheetahs!
Old 20th February 2010, 13:10     #132
Griven

Picked the Cheetahs as the Cheetahs have always been the Sharks bogey team, they have a fierce rivalry due to Natal/Sharks constantly poaching Western Province/Cheetahs better players so tends to be alot of bad blood between those 2. Didn't even give a second thought to the Reds knocking over the Saders by 7 let alone 12+ though. Can also thank Mr Marius Joubert the plonker for giving a penalty at every breakdown until the Lion's got their bonus point.
Old 21st February 2010, 07:40     #133
Phrack

72-65??? what kind of score is that? was it entertaining to watch or just ridiculous?
Old 21st February 2010, 09:00     #134
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

16 points for me
Old 21st February 2010, 14:49     #135
Scumbag
Crouching Styles!

Horrible round!

Oh well.
Old 21st February 2010, 15:41     #136
oOo Dragon oOo

Sometimes the good thing about horrible rounds... most everyone else has had a horrible time picking
Old 21st February 2010, 17:50     #137
BoyWonder

If only the competition was to make horrible picks, then I would have won this round
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:53     #138
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrack
72-65??? what kind of score is that? was it entertaining to watch or just ridiculous?
Bro it was just ridiculous The Chiefs squandered almost a 40 point lead! !! Idiots!
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:20     #139
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOo Dragon oOo
Sometimes the good thing about horrible rounds... most everyone else has had a horrible time picking
Round 1: 25 points
Round 2: 31 points.

Hmm... OK picking, I guess... Well, not completely awful anyway.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 22nd February 2010 at 17:21.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:33     #140
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Holy Shit Sauce! Who is Caleb M? PERFECT WEEK GG!!!
Old 1st March 2010, 16:41     #141
orpheus
Jedi Knight

one of the guys here at work got a perfect score too.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:09     #142
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I got 50 points, got Bulls/Saders margins wrong, still pretty stoked with that effort, thought I would have topped the table with that but Caleb M, dayim...
Old 5th March 2010, 10:54     #143
xor

Who's got some money on the blues vs McCaw?

Every time I watch the blues play I see moments of absolute brilliance followed with the dumbest mistakes which they fluff so often. The crusaders will wear them down like water and capitalise on the blues mistakes
I predict the game will go like this:
  • The blues will give away 8 penalties inside their own half. Carter will kick 7 of them
  • McCaw will turn the blues ball over at least 6 times (even with the new interpretation of the laws)
  • Crusaders will just pick and go for at least 6 phases before giving the ball to Carter who will set up 2 tries
  • Gilford will either intercept or score a try due to Rockofucko fluffing the ball
  • Ranger or Rocko will create weird fucken magical try out of nothing
  • Crusaders to win +13
Old 5th March 2010, 13:19     #144
badassmofo

Ive got my multi on this week

Chiefs, Brumbies, Crusaders, Warratahs, Hurricanes all by 13+ Highlanders by 12 and under.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:53     #145
xor

I don't think many people would have picked the reds to beat the chiefs!

Best display of a forward pack so far in the super14
Old 6th March 2010, 23:33     #146
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Who's got some money on the blues vs McCaw?

Every time I watch the blues play I see moments of absolute brilliance followed with the dumbest mistakes which they fluff so often. The crusaders will wear them down like water and capitalise on the blues mistakes
I predict the game will go like this:
  • The blues will give away 8 penalties inside their own half. Carter will kick 7 of them
  • McCaw will turn the blues ball over at least 6 times (even with the new interpretation of the laws)
  • Crusaders will just pick and go for at least 6 phases before giving the ball to Carter who will set up 2 tries
  • Gilford will either intercept or score a try due to Rockofucko fluffing the ball
  • Ranger or Rocko will create weird fucken magical try out of nothing
  • Crusaders to win +13
Close enough
I really hope Rocko doesn't make the AB squad this year
Old 6th March 2010, 23:45     #147
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I really hope Rocko doesn't make the AB squad this year
Agreed. I don't think he has a chance. Henry does have a soft spot for him though :/
Old 7th March 2010, 13:00     #148
_Incubus_

Geez, terrible week of tipping, so many upsets
Old 7th March 2010, 16:12     #149
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

I think the 'canes were still in NZ

26 points for the round
Old 8th March 2010, 02:55     #150
Phrack

I missed a few mrgins but only got the cheifs game wrong. hurricanes dont travel well to the cheetahs so i wasnt suprised to see them lose, but i didnt expect 13+
Old 8th March 2010, 13:46     #151
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

worst round EVER. 15 points, no margins correct, 3 games dead wrong, goddammit! I SO thought the Sharks were going to pip the Waratahs, they managed to score a try with only 13 men and take a 10 point lead. I would have thought once they got their full compliment back they were going to run riot but they coudln't score a single point in the final half hour! Sharks may end up with no wins for a very long time, it's not going to get any easier against the Crusaders and Hurricanes.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:04     #152
_Incubus_

Where have the Hurricanes from last year gone?
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:57     #153
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
Where have the Hurricanes from last year gone?
What do you mean? This is typical Hurricanes form. Carve a few teams up then sit back on their laurels thinking this Rugby thing is way too easy. It's nothing new, this happens every year for them.
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:20     #154
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
What do you mean? This is typical Hurricanes form. Carve a few teams up then sit back on their laurels thinking this Rugby thing is way too easy. It's nothing new, this happens every year for them.
True, I got too carried away thinking they were the goods this year.
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:26     #155
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

They'll do what the Chiefs will do though and make a late charge in the closing 4 rounds but it won't be good enough for a semi final spot.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:09     #156
xor

It'll be good to see the chiefs make the semi's again. Although I've got a mathematical hunch that the blues might sneak in.

As Mr selfdestruct said, this is typical canes form. They've always had good players but have never been able to do anything with them.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:49     #157
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
It'll be good to see the chiefs make the semi's again. Although I've got a mathematical hunch that the blues might sneak in.

As Mr selfdestruct said, this is typical canes form. They've always had good players but have never been able to do anything with them.
You're joking right? The Chiefs don't have a chance, I agree the Blues could sneak in but there will be a log jam. At this rate it looks like Top 4 will be Crusaders, Bulls, Brumbies and Stormers IMO. Start of the season I thought the Bulls would squeeze in and the Bulls would have one of their off years but it's not shaping up that way....
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:42     #158
xor

The chiefs have got a three easy games coming up. The Brumbies will be feeling pretty ginger after Kaino and Ranger clocked a few of the Brumbies forwards.

Brumbies vs Chiefs
Chiefs vs Highlanders
Chiefs vs Cheetahs
Chiefs vs Bulls - No chance
Hurricanes vs Chiefs
Blues vs Chiefs

The last 2 rounds they're up against the Blues and Canes. I think they've got a good chance against both teams at the moment, but I think the blues will be a lot more solid by that stage.

The Tahs game will make or break the blues this Friday.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:14     #159
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMH
In his first year out of school, Hooper, 18, was named on Monday to start at openside flanker against the Chiefs at Canberra Stadium on Friday night after Smith was ruled out by a shoulder injury.
Looks like the Chiefs chances are even better for this weekend
Old 30th March 2010, 09:00     #160
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

lol hardly, not when they're starting Lauaki and missing Bourke!

Man the Blues and Chiefs were robbed! Junior Polu taken out without the ball, ball pops out the back of the ruck, Rocky picks it up, try, goddamm aussie refs how can you not see that?!

And Blues, awww man, no depth outside of their starting 15, Moa and Kirkpatrick, useless, Moa moreso!! That should have been the winning try Moa but no you had to throw a pie!