NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 10th November 2008, 13:23     #41
Luse

I disagree, I think Conrad has better ball skills and vision.

So Nyer.
Old 10th November 2008, 14:02     #42
pig

Agree about Ellis, Leonard must be gutted that he has missed so much game time. Re Smith & Kahui i have more faith in Kahui's defence, Smith seems to me to maybe be a better option at 12 - he reminds me a bit of Walter Little withe way he makes his breaks.
Old 10th November 2008, 14:14     #43
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Kahui is awesome but I think in the pressure games, Conrad is still the man.
Hopefully Tuitivake's performance keeps Gear out of a black jersey indefinitely.
Donald was awesome.
Ellis has always been shit, long may he stay out of the All Blacks.
Old 10th November 2008, 20:33     #44
Phrack

Ellis has gone home, Alby gets the call up. Think he'll be playing against Munster but wouldnt player unless an injury to Cowan or Weepu. Can't really see Leonard getting another game for the AB's without an injury to someone.

Would have to say Jane didn't play crap. He might not have been outstanding but he played well. His only fault was the try but it's hard to tell from the camera angle as to whether Donald got a hand in there or not.

Can't really see Gear making the team either. He'll possibly get another game and I hope he plays well but the other people for the wing position are just better.
Old 11th November 2008, 03:51     #45
QWERTY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrack
Would have to say Jane didn't play crap. He might not have been outstanding but he played well. His only fault was the try but it's hard to tell from the camera angle as to whether Donald got a hand in there or not.
I think donald might have called it, but jane was ahead of him, no biggie in this game, but if it was against aussie/SA it could have been a game/career breaker

As for donalds game, his kicking was improved from last week, still afew silly out of the fulls, and bomb's, but his running/attack/passing were quite excellent.
Old 11th November 2008, 11:02     #46
Luse

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTY?
As for donalds game, his kicking was improved from last week
Kicking placement and tactics, yes. Kicking style, no. I hate how he just throws the ball out and flails at it with his foot like a 6 year old.
Old 11th November 2008, 12:09     #47
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

You kidding me? Donalds little chip and chase set up Boric's try. He copped a massive tackle in the juggular in the process too and still got up, legend.

Watched the replay last night, boy did they have us on the ropes in the first 5 minutes? Under the new rules they probably would have scored had they taken a quick tap in our 22 instead of taking the shot at goal that got them there first 3 points.

Man Toeava was LETHAL in those opening 10 minutes.
Old 11th November 2008, 12:16     #48
Luse

I said his kicking was good, but his kicking STYLE is lolworthy.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:22     #49
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

OK then I have nfi what you're talking about. 'flails at it like a 6 yr old' <-- mmmkay. I don't make a habit of watching 6 yr olds 'flail'
Old 11th November 2008, 14:33     #50
Luse

If you watch him punt a ball, he throws it out in front of him then kicks it, like the lil kids do until they learn better.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:00     #51
QWERTY?

theres many articles where henry/him/smith have said they work on improving his unconventional punting style

its a lot better than it was when he first played for counties years ago, a vastly better from last year.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:30     #52
Luse

Yeah, a lot less charge-downs this year :P
Old 11th November 2008, 15:31     #53
QWERTY?

HES A FUCKEN WAIUKU GOLDEN GOD, YOU DON'T EVER PUT HIM DOWN.
Old 12th November 2008, 09:57     #54
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Good to see the brown boys, Siti and Joe taking the wings this weekend, this is going to be LETHAL.
Old 13th November 2008, 03:46     #55
QWERTY?

I feel Siti has been average this season, well below par anyway.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:50     #56
_Incubus_

I thought we did look rusty against Scotland, especially at the scrum where Jamie "Whopper" Mackintosh was pretty much given a lesson in scrummaging all night. I was actually amazed he didnt get a yellow card in the second half, if they didnt sub him for Tialata I'm sure he would have been. The scrum was a totally different out fit with Tialata in the mix. But hey it was his first big game and he can only get better from there..
Old 13th November 2008, 10:25     #57
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Of course they were rusty Inc, most of them were playing their first Test ever or first test in months! :P

Siti has looked out of sorts this year but he's a 'big game player'. I've lost track of how many horrible starts he's had only to come back amazingly and be instrumental in us winning matches (that goes for Waikato/Chiefs as well as the All Blacks). A lot of players get really down on themselves when they make mistakes, Siti just bounces back every time, takes a pretty special individual to be able to put the bad things out of your mind and just focus on your next piece of execution.
Old 16th November 2008, 06:45     #58
Jenza

Was watching the Aus vs England game in HD over here, so much better than standard TV. NZ vs Ireland isn't in HD tho, should be on shortly \o/

Last edited by Jenza : 16th November 2008 at 06:47.
Old 16th November 2008, 08:09     #59
Jenza

Woop, epic end to the end of the first half!
Old 16th November 2008, 08:12     #60
Kryten

That was the right decision, even if I do feel a bit sorry for the Irish. Good game so far.
Old 16th November 2008, 10:56     #61
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

I missed the start of the second half - what was woodcock (?) binned for?

edit: nevermind:
Quote:
The team numbers were evened right after the restart when All Blacks prop Tony Woodcock was binned for punching Irish hooker Rory Best.

Last edited by Rince : 16th November 2008 at 10:58.
Old 17th November 2008, 09:05     #62
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

First 60 minutes were riveting, really fell away the last 10 - 15 though. Nonu was outstanding, great ball distribution, hardly put a foot wrong. Carter was a bit av, missing place kicks and turned the ball over when he made his only great line break. Mills was wonderful considering the stress he must be under with a sick baby half way around the world. I picked winning Margin Spread of 15-21 again, got it this time, fucking mint.

I think if any of the Northern countries manage to score a try against us it will be Wales. (excluding Munster of course as they are not a country).
Old 18th November 2008, 07:10     #63
QWERTY?

i was just about to say that england would make a good fist of it

on second thoughts, they capitulated to aussie who are playing woefully atm.

so i doubt they'll do much better.

so they still arent playing with the ELV's or what? this whole we do here but not that shit is frustrating as shit.

I thought Brad Thorn was the bee knee's his try had such a league quality to it, run it full speed blow the defenders away and put it down, awesome stuff.

Also, props to ireland, I thought they did bloody well though as per usual they got outclassed.

I would love to see them smash the 6 nations.

Last edited by QWERTY? : 18th November 2008 at 07:13.
Old 18th November 2008, 09:48     #64
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

The only team that had a real shot at us was Wales but unfortunately they're playing us after playing Australia and South Africa so they will be well softened up hehe :P

Doug Howlett is paying $5 to score a try tomorrow! TEMPTING!