Telecom Virtual Rugby '08

blah blah blah

Challenge name: NZGames
Challenge password: nzg

enjoy!
Old 29th January 2008, 15:24     #2
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Rincey, are you somehow able to get into the website cos I can't?
Old 29th January 2008, 17:17     #3
Griven

It was working, actually signed up and joined the group, not working now tho.
Old 29th January 2008, 19:22     #4
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /default.aspx
I seem to remember it was like this, this time last year..... patience young grasshopper.
Old 30th January 2008, 09:47     #5
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Odd I've checked it intermittantly the last week or so and still a 'come back early next year' message.

Rince you should organise something to make this more interesting. Those interested should put in $2 each and whoever comes first gets all the cash but only those that pay are eligible to win
Old 30th January 2008, 13:24     #6
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

I couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.....
Old 5th February 2008, 13:29     #7
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Registrations FINALLY open.
Old 7th February 2008, 00:53     #8
Madman

I'm in, but I find it rude how they removed all my mates, challenges and user details from last year. They keep my email address on file but other than that I have to fill in everything again.

That, plus I can't even see who's in the NZGames challenge group to re-add them to my friends list.

Usability fail.
Old 7th February 2008, 17:47     #9
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Ummm, it's per season dude. Why would they show you challenges that finished and aren't relevant anymore? I suppose it could still show you your previous mates IF they re-registered... It never has in previous seasons though.

You've never been able to see who is in the challenge you're registered for until the first round of points are allocated, that's nothing new either.
Old 11th February 2008, 16:27     #10
badassmofo

Bad Company.
I shall enjoy battling you all
Old 12th February 2008, 20:04     #11
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

its got all my previous mates lists... but have to set up challenges afresh
Old 17th February 2008, 12:18     #12
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

fuck shocker of a first week :\
Old 18th February 2008, 07:56     #13
Cereal Killar

Joins the 'shocker of a first week' club.
Old 18th February 2008, 09:11     #14
blynk

Did I ever tell you how much I hated this game.

I was scrolling down the list, and it was looking good, 2 games completely correct, 2 games wrong margin, and it was looking good. Until the last 3 games were completely wrong.

Suck arse.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:00     #15
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

The last 3 games were right, YOU were completely wrong!
Old 25th February 2008, 14:48     #16
MrTTTT

seriously, rugby is complete shit. you guys suck!
Old 25th February 2008, 15:25     #17
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Curse my crappy work week, the timezone difference, my forgetfulness, the "home team by big win" auto-selections, and my shitty 20 points.
Old 25th February 2008, 16:19     #18
blynk

Well, that was a little bit better for me. Except everyone else (except Ab) did just as good.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:15     #19
BWDOWN

JohnXV
Old 27th February 2008, 13:41     #20
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Well, that was a little bit better for me. Except everyone else (except Ab) did just as good.
What do you mean everyone did just as good? I smoked you. 56/56, w00t!
Old 29th February 2008, 08:33     #21
oOo Dragon oOo

Can everyone else get to the virtualrugby page? I keep getting a error loading the page.
Old 29th February 2008, 09:02     #22
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

same.....

all addresses (www.telecomvirtualrugby.co.nz and just telecomvirtualrugby.co.nz ) automatically change to super14-08.telecomvirtualrugby.co.nz which cannot be resolved to an IP....

this is both at home and work......

fucking great.

bit hard to do my picks if you fuck up your DNS!!
Old 29th February 2008, 10:16     #23
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

someone heard me - working now
Old 2nd March 2008, 15:44     #24
Scumbag
Crouching Styles!

Aaarg - working in AU and forgot my picks...

16 points - crap.
Old 3rd March 2008, 10:40     #25
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

GG Dalcon.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:26     #26
blynk

This game is even more stupid than I may have mentioned before.

Basically, I am not 40 points behind the NZ Games Leader, I don't think it will be possible to make that up unless I score a few perfect games, so I think 1 more week and then I will call it quits.
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:13     #27
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

40 points is nothing, easy to make that up. There are still 15 rounds to go you knucklehead anything can happen. Weren't you the one that quit the ANZ Cup virtual in a big sulk and a huff as well?
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:47     #28
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

37 this week
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:11     #29
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
40 points is nothing, easy to make that up. There are still 15 rounds to go you knucklehead anything can happen. Weren't you the one that quit the ANZ Cup virtual in a big sulk and a huff as well?
Yep, that was me. I think part of the problem is that I haven't been able to watch much rugby over the last couple of years. So basically it is read the paper, make some picks, see results.

Last edited by blynk : 3rd March 2008 at 16:12.
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:46     #30
Phrack

I haven't watched a super 14 game since 06. Just make my first round picks based off last years result, then just adjust through out the season.

Forgot I hadn't joined the challenge so joined it just now. I'm 30 points behind the leaders after scoring 41 total points in first two rounds. Managed 50 this week and closed the gap. Just make some picks and have some fun.
Old 7th March 2008, 22:24     #31
buckies

Angry talking Otago vs Wgtn - worst reffing since Wayne Barnes

Despicable reffing. It was 16 against 15/14 during the course of the match. Thankfully the highlanders offence is so shit that they can't convert such bias into points.

Glad Clint Newland wore it round the neck, just a shame Nonu didn't smack his face in proper since he got carded for the tackle.

Same for Cowan, it was a pleasure to see such a shit stirrer bleed at the end of the match, he is such an antagonistic arsehole.

Bring on the rest of the round, I'll be amazed if we see a shitter display of rugby and officiating then this example.

Thank fuckin god I went H2H on my multi and didn't go Canes 13+ like the rest of you mugs.
Old 10th March 2008, 09:23     #32
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

So many people picked Canes and Tahs 13+ which was never going to happen. And why people thought the Reds could beat the Stormers I still have no idea. Reds beaten by 30 by Brumbies the week before and the Stormers defence was very solid againt the Crusaders, academic really. Only game I got wrong was the Sharks, probably should have known the Blues couldn't go through SA unbeaten.

sloppynez
Old 10th March 2008, 12:11     #33
oOo Dragon oOo

Agree totally with what you say there. Sharks was the only game I got wrong totally. If the stormers had decided not to go for extra points then 8 would have been better than 5 and the Crusaders shocker 1st half didnt help either.

However I was happy with the 42 points for this week. Think that puts me just behind you
Old 11th March 2008, 12:26     #34
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Nice work :P I'll be watching my back!
Old 16th March 2008, 00:38     #35
oOo Dragon oOo

Jesus,.. so far worst week ever.

My only saving grace is the chance that everyone else has picked the same shit as me
Old 16th March 2008, 10:27     #36
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOo Dragon oOo
Jesus,.. so far worst week ever.

My only saving grace is the chance that everyone else has picked the same shit as me
Yep, sites updated and looks like everyone else sucked this week..
Old 16th March 2008, 12:37     #37
buckies

haha everyone would have gotten f*cked this week

Chiefs, Blues, Bulls all losing. Laughing at Mr Self Destruct, the self proclaimed knowledge centre poster two or three up that said the Reds sucked. Wonder how he'll try and justify them thumping the Bulls.

Blues showed how much they are dependent on Evans to manage play, and the Chiefs showed how f*cked they are without Hollah. Good loosies are crucial under the new laws.

Waiting to hear someone post with the claim that they picked these results. I'm guessing everyone will still back the Blues to beat the Stormers, prolly by 13+ too.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:09     #38
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

buckies: who's still winning though? Only one person got more points than me this week with 23, most people got 21 same as me. What's your player name anyway? I did pick the Stormers to beat the Chiefs though, I take it you did not? The Chiefs didn't need Holah, they needed Mills to be playing at fullback to prevent those runaway tries.

What the HELL happened to the Bulls? Absolutely smashed! Top of the table last year vs bottom of the table and the wooden spooners KILLED them! Mental, no explanation for that one sorry!
Old 17th March 2008, 14:14     #39
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh jesus, 13 points. That's worse than when I forgot to make any picks at all.
Old 18th March 2008, 12:43     #40
buckies

I do multi's only....

$20 a week. Won $290 two weeks back and haven't won since then. Usually aim for multis in the $200-$400 region.

Benefit of multi's is I can skip the one or two more dubious games on each week, which still hasn't helped much this past fortnight.

Onto this week, these questions need to be answered:

Blues to beat Stormers? Can we trust the Blues after two losses, combined with the fact that the Stormers have played two good games on the road? Is Evans back for this (key)?

Bulls vs Chiefs? Battle woeful teams who have talent but can't perform.

Force, Brumbies, Crusaders and Lions should all do the biz on the rest.