Password

Old 15th October 2007, 19:04     #41
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
I dont hate you, cunt
Old 15th October 2007, 19:12     #42
Cheeps

Heh, Kiwis keep saying England are average, but they seem to win it more than us, if we are the "best" how come we ain't won it since 87, we can't keep making excuses....Its a 4 country tournament really.....
Old 15th October 2007, 20:21     #43
surreal

How about-
-The world champions have played 4 years of crap rugby, like seriously a crap losing version of their rugby at the world cup so far, but the impression we get from England supporters is as if this was their destiny all along
-Clive woodward and the British&Irish Lions
-The arrogance, like our own, stands out too

And most of all, if they win - a team that hasn't been highly ranked since the last world cup, then that rubs it in majorly, against everything the all blacks have achieved over the last 12 years, which was a whole lot of winning and some exciting rugby, and no world cup success.
Old 15th October 2007, 22:14     #44
Kryten

A lot of my current feeling toward England stems from the Lions tour here and the disrespect shown to New Zealanders in general. The smear campaign against Tana and Keven was particularly galling (no matter how accurate or not it actually was) and Woodward was a fucking wanker.

So yeah, die in a fire England.
Old 15th October 2007, 22:16     #45
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

^^^ what he said.
Old 15th October 2007, 22:38     #46
caffiend

"Smear campaign? I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about"

Old 15th October 2007, 22:43     #47
caffiend

Oh yeah... and here's a perfect example of why I can't handle the English when it comes to their national sporting media and supporters in general: http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby...cle3061178.ece

... and why they must get royally boned by SA. Although, in the author's defence, he does get all the way to paragraph 3 before mentioned 1966. Although in retrospect, it's still only the 4th sentence :/

Please... please SA... don't fuck this up like we did...

Last edited by caffiend : 15th October 2007 at 22:46.
Old 16th October 2007, 05:01     #48
Heresy
yawn.

I love rugby. It's one of my favourite things.

England play a horrendously boring style of game that does not give rugby any respect. It's akin to going to see your favourite band play at a concert, only to find that it's infact a covers band made up of 3 part-time bar workers.

If England were to retain the RWC it does rugby a complete disservice. They don't deserve it. To anyone who isn't familiar with the game, they'd say "Well England are World Champions again so this is must be what the game is like." I don't want that.

Go SA!
Old 16th October 2007, 07:09     #49
DeskJet

being out of the country for a few years i must have missed the whole lions and clive woodward thing, yet ive heard it refered to in this forum a few times. Anyone got a link or care to explain what the lions/clive did?
Old 16th October 2007, 08:27     #50
Kryten

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Br...to_New_Zealand

Although it doesn't really cover Alistair Campbell.
Old 16th October 2007, 09:01     #51
Dredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassmofo
England taking a victory lap in 97. That is all.
hmm not so sure about that.. whats worse.. England acknowledging their fans in '97 or the all-blacks completely ignoring theirs as they trundled off tail between their legs after being humiliated by france in '07
Old 16th October 2007, 09:16     #52
Kryten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
hmm not so sure about that.. whats worse.. England acknowledging their fans in '97 or the all-blacks completely ignoring theirs as they trundled off tail between their legs after being humiliated by france in '07
Don't be a dick. At least our team hasn't acted like triumphant victors.
Old 16th October 2007, 09:52     #53
Dredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
Don't be a dick. At least our team hasn't acted like triumphant victors.
lol what a cock munch..
Old 16th October 2007, 09:53     #54
Dredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy
I love rugby. It's one of my favourite things.

England play a horrendously boring style of game that does not give rugby any respect. It's akin to going to see your favourite band play at a concert, only to find that it's infact a covers band made up of 3 part-time bar workers.

If England were to retain the RWC it does rugby a complete disservice. They don't deserve it. To anyone who isn't familiar with the game, they'd say "Well England are World Champions again so this is must be what the game is like." I don't want that.

Go SA!
= you dont play rugby the way i like it.. therefore you suck..

= Arrogance
Old 16th October 2007, 10:09     #55
Kryten

Quote:
lol what a cock munch..
So apart from calling me names, what was your counterpoint exactly?
Old 16th October 2007, 10:11     #56
Dredd

Quote:
A lot of my current feeling toward England stems from the Lions tour here and the disrespect shown to New Zealanders in general. The smear campaign against Tana and Keven was particularly galling (no matter how accurate or not it actually was) and Woodward was a fucking wanker.

So yeah, die in a fire England.
damn missed this little gem...

British and Irish Lion != English

so the AB's take out a central figure in the lions and wonder why they moaned about it...

and the disrespect of the fans pouring millions into tourism in this country.. fuck i'd like some of that disrespect..

sorry you fail..
Old 16th October 2007, 10:15     #57
Dredd

Quote:
So apart from calling me names, what was your counterpoint exactly?
sorry was replying to your name calling..

hmm counterpoint.. let me see.. maybe... i dunno just maybe they thought they had done well to get close to an awesome AB team?.. surely you should take that as respect?..
Old 16th October 2007, 10:21     #58
Erazhure

blah blah blah blah us vs you blah blah my country is better blah... what a shit thread.

biggest troll ever.

(americans are the shit race, remember that)

Last edited by Erazhure : 16th October 2007 at 10:22.
Old 16th October 2007, 11:19     #59
?>Superman

FUCK YOU ALL! THE KINGDOM OF LESOTHO FOREVER !!!!
Old 17th October 2007, 02:03     #60
Heresy
yawn.

Laugh

Quote:
= you dont play rugby the way i like it.. therefore you suck..

= Arrogance
How the fuck does having an opinion about something I'm passionate about count as arrogance?

You're a fool.
Old 17th October 2007, 09:54     #61
DeskJet

Quote:
How the fuck does having an opinion about something I'm passionate about count as arrogance?

You're a fool.
ty cobb rage shitttttttttttttttttttttttt
Old 17th October 2007, 14:55     #62
Dredd

Quote:

You're a fool.
hahahah almost forgot about this thread today.. anyway excuse me if i missed it, i didnt actually see the "IMHO" disclaimer in your thread.. therefore i took it that you were just spewing drivel that you arrogantly proclaimed to be fact,

sue me..
Old 17th October 2007, 21:26     #63
Heresy
yawn.

It's an opinion that is shared by most rugby fans. Granted, it's a style from yesteryear which suits knock-out world cup matches, but it's boring. You mentioned that in your first post. The arrogance of the English isn't "perceived", they're the most hot & cold supporters of their national teams than any other country I know of. Maybe 24 years in a better country has clouded your memory.

A disclaimer? What are you, 15?
Old 18th October 2007, 07:44     #64
Dredd

Quote:
It's an opinion that is shared by most rugby fans. Granted, it's a style from yesteryear which suits knock-out world cup matches, but it's boring. You mentioned that in your first post. The arrogance of the English isn't "perceived", they're the most hot & cold supporters of their national teams than any other country I know of.
Right and listening to the people on talkback saying how theyre sick of rugby and going to watch something else instead isnt hot or cold..

you want hot or cold.. how about the warriors fans?.. usually hardly any fans.. when they start winning the stadiums fill up.. when they lose its all moans..

pot kettle black..

Quote:
Maybe 24 years in a better country has clouded your memory.

A disclaimer? What are you, 15?
what are you?.. stupid??
Old 18th October 2007, 08:00     #65
Dredd

also..

Quote:
It's an opinion that is shared by most rugby fans.
Got a link for that or is it another "fact" you've pulled out of your ass?.

Actually thinking on this a bit more.. what an absolute bunch of arse!, You guys think its hard being an All Black fan?, get real you want to try being an England fan, knowing that you're worse than most other teams, but hoping upon hope that something prevails and you make it. 8/10 times you fail but guess what, we're still there supporting our team through thick and thin. Its called being a supporter and you'll see that in most things England play. as an example look at the abysmal ashes series last year, how many times have your heard the commentators say "i wish <insert team> had supporters like that"?. Sorry your arguament about hot and cold fans doesnt wash, you want to see fickle fans?, check out the ones wearing black..
Old 18th October 2007, 09:33     #66
slippers

We don't get much opportunity to support our team through the bad times because we hardly have any... but right now is a good example of us supporting them through a bad time and I think we are doing that well.
Old 18th October 2007, 10:07     #67
Dredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippers
We don't get much opportunity to support our team through the bad times because we hardly have any... but right now is a good example of us supporting them through a bad time and I think we are doing that well.
totally agree.. coping a lot better than last time...
Old 18th October 2007, 21:54     #68
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
Right and listening to the people on talkback saying how theyre sick of rugby and going to watch something else instead isnt hot or cold..

you want hot or cold.. how about the warriors fans?.. usually hardly any fans.. when they start winning the stadiums fill up.. when they lose its all moans..

pot kettle black..
People who call talkback are not an accurate representation of society. A certain kind of person calls talkback. I think the same could be said about the people who listen to talkback, too.

I don't know much about Warriors fans. I don't follow league, I didn't when I lived in New Zealand and it's pretty much impossible to follow it whilst living here in the UK. We're not talking about league here anyway.

Sizable portions of sports fans for any particular sport or any particular team are going to have similar tendencies, hot/coldness isn't specific to a team. I can find 20 articles pre-quarter final v Australia saying England are the worst RWC team ever. I can find 20 articles post-quarter final v Australia saying England are amazing and are heroes and the sun shines out of their ass. The English media is particularly scathing when things are going wrong, and overly loving when things are going right, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground. I can probably find the same thing for Australia on the SMH site. I know I can find something similar for New Zealand on the NZHerald, although this time round it doesn't seem as bad.

You don't really follow or understand rugby at all, do you? Do you watch NPC, Super 14, 6 Nations? Are you basing your opinions on anything, or just as you so eloquently say, pulling them out of your ass. One of us is coming across as stupid and uninformed, and I'm pretty certain it isn't me. Since this is your first post in the rugby forum I can ascertain you don't know or care much about the game itself.

For your education, a link about England's rugby style being boring - sure, try this one here.

Quote:
what are you?.. stupid??
No, I realise you're 43. From the way you present your arguments I could be forgiven for thinking otherwise, hence the comment.
Old 19th October 2007, 09:04     #69
Dredd

Quote:
People who call talkback are not an accurate representation of society. A certain kind of person calls talkback. I think the same could be said about the people who listen to talkback, too.
No sure if that was a thinly veiled insult or not.. but whatever.. i agree with your point it is not an accurate representation of society.. then again nor is a online forum. Look, some people like one style over another fine, i dont particularly mind the England style.. you say its boring.. i think its intense and confrontational i dont particularly like the island style throw the ball around thing, if you want to play Rugby likes it's sevens or league then fine.. but please dont bitch that you think everyone else should play like it..

Quote:
Sizable portions of sports fans for any particular sport or any particular team are going to have similar tendencies, hot/coldness isn't specific to a team. I can find 20 articles pre-quarter final v Australia saying England are the worst RWC team ever. I can find 20 articles post-quarter final v Australia saying England are amazing and are heroes and the sun shines out of their ass. The English media is particularly scathing when things are going wrong, and overly loving when things are going right, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground. I can probably find the same thing for Australia on the SMH site. I know I can find something similar for New Zealand on the NZHerald, although this time round it doesn't seem as bad.
so you're saying that the English media is as bad as the Aussie media and the NZ media..? i couldnt agree more but like my first point the media is hardly ever an accurate representation of society..

Quote:
You don't really follow or understand rugby at all, do you? Do you watch NPC, Super 14, 6 Nations? Are you basing your opinions on anything, or just as you so eloquently say, pulling them out of your ass. One of us is coming across as stupid and uninformed, and I'm pretty certain it isn't me. Since this is your first post in the rugby forum I can ascertain you don't know or care much about the game itself.
No i dont, in fact i couldnt give one jot about rugby, i think its a very flawed game and needs a lot of work, the rules are too complex for the referree's to have a good game, quite often when a whistle blows for a penalty and that penalty could've gone to either side! maybe that is due to my lack of knowledge of the game i dont know.

Quote:
One of us is coming across as stupid and uninformed, and I'm pretty certain it isn't me.
This was all rather childish and petty, especially when you consider the main focus this thread "why the hatred" and not "rugby rules and styles" i wanted to know genuinly why people hated the english?, not just in a rugby sense although this happened to be in a rugby forum, after reading the drivel in the "Aww fuck" thread i just wanted some reasons as to why the English are hated, so far all i seem to have got is "the media" with which we both agree is the same world over.

Like you pointed out i've lived here for 24 years, im not a typical whinging pom as i do enjoy my life here and in fact have never been back to the UK, i dont compare thing here with things in the UK, i dont moan about my life here.. well none more so than everyone else about taxes, transport in akl etc.. but the pom bashing does get a bit tiresome sometimes. Its almost relentless, I'm not sure if you get the same thing over there Heresy i would imagine theres a bit of it..

Quote:
For your education, a link about England's rugby style being boring - sure, try this one here.
If thats a google link listing a bunch of thread from southern hemispere journo's then i can imagine what it says, and it's still all opinion..
Old 19th October 2007, 12:04     #70
blueballs

hey, the original question was purportedly "not a wind up"... you asked "why the hatred?" and you're getting answers. they may not be completely rational all the time, but if that's how people feel, their answers stand, i reckon.
Old 19th October 2007, 13:31     #71
Fluffer

I was looking for a word to describe the basis for the hatred. Xenophobia doesn't cover it, so I'm going to plump for the old favourite of Triumphalism.

Go England!
Old 19th October 2007, 21:30     #72
[WanG] Wandarah

told you they're all cunts
Old 19th October 2007, 22:02     #73
blur^

i hope england win
Old 19th October 2007, 22:42     #74
BF Jax

Me too, lived here 6 years now and loving it.

That said, had it been an AB / England game I'd be right behind the ABs, support the local side wherever 'local' happens to be.

And I honestly can't see England winning it, but then I couldn't see them beating Aus or French either so I wish em the best of luck.
Old 20th October 2007, 03:55     #75
[WanG] Wandarah

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A poll of Europeans showed people of different nationalities liked each other more after getting to know each other, except in the case of the British -- who became less popular.