NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 16th March 2021, 15:51     #42441
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

OK being a chilli fan and an idiot I let my ego take short positions my tastebuds couldn't cover, and I've been growing Carolina Reapers. Just checking in with you all to let you know that those youtube videos aren't faking it. These little red fruit should legit be classified as biological weapons.
Old 16th March 2021, 15:55     #42442
Lightspeed

Laugh

Better you than me. I'll stick with Habanero chillis.
Old 16th March 2021, 16:16     #42443
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

For a long time red habanero was my upper limit. That's like, 350Kish at its hottest. During COVID lockdown I gave red savina (a habanero variety) a crack and I loved the flavour but really had to up my tolerance, because those things can go up to 550K. But I used it sparingly and I came to love it. I fucked up my watering schedule over summer and my savina plant didn't make it, so when shopping for a replacement I saw some Carolina Reapers and got one for a laugh. So where do they sit on the scale? Up to 2.2 meelion on the Scoville hotness scale.

The new savina and the reaper just produced their first fruit, and I swear the reapers are almost impossibly hot. My nose started running and I was tearing up just cutting the first one open. Just from oil aerosolising into the air around the chopping board. I had a tiny little sliver about 5mm wide and I burst out laughing it was so hot. My mouth is numb half an hour later. It doesn't seem possible for plant plus dirt plus water plus sunlight to produce something as lethal as this.
Old 16th March 2021, 17:15     #42444
StN
I have detailed files

Wash your hands x10 now. You will eventually need to pee.

My plants have been useless this year - but I kept some Nagaland Ghost seeds and they seem to have done something - hopefully before the frost sets in.
Old 16th March 2021, 20:17     #42445
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Wash your hands x10 now. You will eventually need to pee.

My plants have been useless this year - but I kept some Nagaland Ghost seeds and they seem to have done something - hopefully before the frost sets in.
Yeah man, I was wearing gloves. 2 million plus is nothing to mess around with.
Old 16th March 2021, 20:32     #42446
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
For a long time red habanero was my upper limit. That's like, 350Kish at its hottest. During COVID lockdown I gave red savina (a habanero variety) a crack and I loved the flavour but really had to up my tolerance, because those things can go up to 550K. But I used it sparingly and I came to love it. I fucked up my watering schedule over summer and my savina plant didn't make it, so when shopping for a replacement I saw some Carolina Reapers and got one for a laugh. So where do they sit on the scale? Up to 2.2 meelion on the Scoville hotness scale.

The new savina and the reaper just produced their first fruit, and I swear the reapers are almost impossibly hot. My nose started running and I was tearing up just cutting the first one open. Just from oil aerosolising into the air around the chopping board. I had a tiny little sliver about 5mm wide and I burst out laughing it was so hot. My mouth is numb half an hour later. It doesn't seem possible for plant plus dirt plus water plus sunlight to produce something as lethal as this.
That's nothing, try "Instant Regret" Chocolate at 6.4 million Scoville I think, it lives up to it's name that is for sure. I had a couple of bits but yeah never again!
Old 16th March 2021, 20:51     #42447
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well based on my experience this afternoon, the carolina reaper is not a "nothing" and there's a bunch of them literally hanging off a bush at my back door!
Old 17th March 2021, 07:17     #42448
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceer
That's nothing, try "Instant Regret" Chocolate at 6.4 million Scoville I think, it lives up to it's name that is for sure. I had a couple of bits but yeah never again!
My daughter made some chilli chocolate muffins for the chap doing the lockdown quiz in our street. They had a square of IR on top. He exclaimed on YouTube that they destroyed his anus. Took a block to the pub. Nearly got into a fight. Irongut mate just sat there and ate 6 squares.
Old 17th March 2021, 10:05     #42449
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
and there's a bunch of them literally hanging off a bush at my back door!
That reminds me, don't forget to put the toilet paper in the freezer the night before.
Old 17th March 2021, 14:57     #42450
Lightspeed

I remember that was Furry Crew's recommendation post-Holy Cow Curry.
Old 17th March 2021, 20:50     #42451
StN
I have detailed files

Yachting

D + F < B + Mc

Old 17th March 2021, 23:34     #42452
MadMax
Stuff

I’ve been telling staff not to click links in an email to view something like an invoice even if you dealt with that person not five minutes ago. If you receive such an email and after phoning the sender and verifying that they are who they’re supposed to be it turns out to be legit, ask them not to send such emails rather send the item by attachment.

In a world going more cloud based however I wonder how well those instructions will age.
Old 18th March 2021, 07:21     #42453
wazza
*flex*

I appreciate that you said staff rather than users. gg.
Old 18th March 2021, 10:20     #42454
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

But he was thinking lusers.
Old 18th March 2021, 18:02     #42455
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh lol, Zack Snyder just threw Geeks & Gamers under the bus.
Old 19th March 2021, 15:31     #42456
MadMax
Stuff

I don’t care what any radio advert says; if a piwakawaka visits you then you need to be very afraid. You take that shit seriously.
Old 21st March 2021, 03:52     #42457
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...computers.html
Old 21st March 2021, 09:18     #42458
wazza
*flex*

Rage! Brad Riddell's fight has been cancelled, Covid issues. The other chap must've tested positive
Old 21st March 2021, 09:54     #42459
wazza
*flex*

This is what overtraining looks like.. This week vs last week. I don't train on Sunday's. The gap after the peak on each day is because I hit the showers immediately after training(months ago I used to deliberately wait an hour because my device was still accruing Zone points, so at the end of the week I would have massive numbers and I used to gloat -- lol, spastic cunt all day, cheating myself, no one actually cares) .. any other gap is most likely when I am charging my Fitbit. 62 lowest, yesterday 68~ definitely not recovering enough. In an ideal world I would train Monday to Friday and take the weekend off. I don't have any children(unfortunately!), I simply get bored and end up going on Saturday mornings anyways. I haven't been to Jiu Jitsu or MMA training for several weeks(interviews / changing jobs / other real life shit going on), otherwise you will see more peaks towards the end of the day. I resume Martial Arts on the 29th, so expect a picture of me in my Gi at some point Thanks for reading, emjoy~

Old 21st March 2021, 10:05     #42460
wazza
*flex*

North Beach sent me an email re: Calvin Klein undies.. any order over $100 qualifies for free shipping.

6 pairs for $109 is pretty sweet, if you haven't updated ya cock-pouch in some time, consider hitting this up. you're welcome

https://www.northbeach.co.nz/offers?...urce=Automated
Old 21st March 2021, 11:47     #42461
wazza
*flex*

UFC on ESPN: Brunson vs. Holland

Event begins at 12:30pm, Main Card at 3pm

STREAM
https://www.viprow.me/sports-ufc-online

Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on...on_vs._Holland
Old 21st March 2021, 13:55     #42462
wazza
*flex*

http://yrsprts.stream/live?v=ufc
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:29     #42463
[fe]

Realised I hadn’t thought about or jumped on us political sites for maybe a month or two. The only reason I realised this was when someone tried to start up a The_donald community somewhere. Talk about freed up headspace.
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:32     #42464
[fe]

Also randomly wondering if media are sad they can’t currently instawhip up 50 opinion pieces off of a couple of tweets.
Old 23rd March 2021, 12:03     #42465
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by [fe]
Realised I hadn’t thought about or jumped on us political sites for maybe a month or two. The only reason I realised this was when someone tried to start up a The_donald community somewhere. Talk about freed up headspace.
I have no idea what Biden is up to, and it's fantastic.
Old 23rd March 2021, 12:41     #42466
Nich

Getting a chair lift installed for Air Force One I think...
Old 23rd March 2021, 14:05     #42467
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

FDR won WWII from a wheelchair.
Old 24th March 2021, 09:28     #42468
wazza
*flex*

New York Post : Mike Tyson rejects $25 million offer for Evander Holyfield fight.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/23/mike-t...lyfield-fight/

whoa
Old 24th March 2021, 17:48     #42469
Redneck

"He'll be too tough at that age"
Old 24th March 2021, 20:37     #42470
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
New York Post : Mike Tyson rejects $25 million offer for Evander Holyfield fight.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/23/mike-t...lyfield-fight/

whoa
I thought I read in the Herald today the fight was back on.
Old 25th March 2021, 19:22     #42471
wazza
*flex*

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceer
I thought I read in the Herald today the fight was back on.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/box...YRHWUOZEPFCWQ/

Apart from relaxing to TV One News @ 6pm in the evening, any news I get wind of is in the form of my tablet hitting me with a notification via Google News and/or the various fight(MMA/Boxing) related channels I sub to on Youtube.

Ta for the breadcrumb. Holyfield will pump him, again Great pay day though. Hopefully he is more responsible this time around with such an influx of coin. If the fight even moves forward.
Old 25th March 2021, 20:50     #42472
Know me.

When you lookup punch drunk in the dictionary there is a picture of Evander Holyfield. Sad. Two thumbs down.
Old 26th March 2021, 08:17     #42473
StN
I have detailed files

FFS : Oldies getting scammed.

Sit your parents down and show them:

Perogi
Jim Browning
Mark Rober
Old 26th March 2021, 09:58     #42474
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know me.
When you lookup punch drunk in the dictionary there is a picture of Evander Holyfield. Sad. Two thumbs down.
There should be mandatory retirement for boxers at age ~40, with a maximum pro fight limit on top of that. And some sort of standardised concussion protocol. None of these things are likely to happen.
Old 26th March 2021, 19:29     #42475
wazza
*flex*

https://artsofthought.com/2020/11/17...e-of-the-mind/

Carl Jung and the Shadow: a Guide to the Dark Side of the Mind
Old 28th March 2021, 11:48     #42476
wazza
*flex*

Rumble On The Rock
WBC Interim Heavyweight Title

Alexander Povetkin VS Dillian Whyte

STREAM

Last edited by wazza : 28th March 2021 at 11:50.
Old 28th March 2021, 13:11     #42477
wazza
*flex*

UFC 260: Miocic vs. Ngannou 2
UFC Heavyweight Championship

Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou

STREAMS

UFC 260 Wiki

Old 28th March 2021, 13:45     #42478
Lightspeed

Without being demanding, might I suggest that it is completely acceptable to create new threads if there's a topic you'd like to make regular posts about?
Old 28th March 2021, 13:56     #42479
wazza
*flex*

Fair comment, I'll probably start a "Fighting and tings" related thread next week ta
Old 1st April 2021, 15:40     #42480
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
So, Sir Ron Brierley eh?
guilty

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/sir-ro...GRWPMFPUV3HS4/