Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > VUALT
User Name
Password

Old 31st October 2003, 19:39     #81
Mr M

Old 31st October 2003, 20:22     #82
hypnotoad

haha class!
you gotta print these out and stick them on his door while he is out..

Old 31st October 2003, 20:25     #83
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Makes me glad I live alone

Old 31st October 2003, 21:09     #84
Pubic CHEESE

After reading those tales I feel comelled to offer up one of my own experiences with a bad flatmate. Its a bit of a long one, so go make a coffee

Back in 2000, we had a new flatmate move in at the height of the big winz/student allowance fuckup. The guy said he couldn't pay rent/bond straight away coz winz had fucked up his dole, which was understandable even without the big fuckup. Eight weeks went by, winz were still fucking up and he kept telling us that they were still fucking up.

By this time we were getting mighty suspicous of the guy, so we looked through the drawers in his computer desk (we were musing the lounge as a computer room) and found an assortment of bills - stuff like $1000 worth of cellphone calls, HP stuff he'd defaulted on etc, AND a lot of envelopes marked "CONFIDENTIAL" (baycorp). We also found papers relating to a few past landlords taking him to court over unpaid rent. 5 days to get the fuck out our flat, you cunt.

My gf told her dad what happened. He came up to chch, and arranged a meeting between the guy and his winz case manager to try and "sort out his dole payments". End result of that was a $600 loan (that they deduct from his dole payment at five bucks a week!) paid directly into out flat account just before he leaves. After he left a banks statement of his arrived and we found he'd been getting dole payments for the last two weeks he was there.

On its own, the winz thing wouldn't have been enough to make us suspicious at the time, but as well as not paying any bills he made a number of ludicrous claims. Ludicrous enough to make us slightly suspicious. "I'm 4th in line for the scottish throne", "I have a castle in scotland", "I'm a master hacker". One slightly geeky favourite of mine was "I wrote a firewall in Java" "Do you still have the runtime code?" "No, I deleted it". With Java, the runtime code is the program (or at least thats how I was taught in COSC121). The biggest one (in my books) was that he started a rumor amongst our wider social group that he was sleeping with my gf.

His bi-weekly showers were also a factor in his being kicked out.

Now, there was something of a happy ending to this whole saga. A month or two after he was gone, we decided that we'd likely never see a cent from him and decided to reduce his debt with harassment - drunken prank calls, putting his phone number up in known gay-guy-with-AIDS hangouts etc. The sweetest revenge, however, wasn't even our own doing. The guy had pissed off a few other people as well. One of these people, knowing that our ex-flatmate frequented dating sites and used ICQ/IRC to (try to) meet women. Assuming the identity of a random women, he talked to the guy on ICQ and eventually arranged to meet him for some "fun times" I could carry on, but I'd prefer to let my friend's webpage describe this event. Its pure class, go read it.

http://www.geocities.com/karen_wenlock/sad.html

Old 31st October 2003, 22:18     #85
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally posted by Pubic CHEESE

http://www.geocities.com/karen_wenlock/sad.html
!
fucking funny

Old 1st November 2003, 11:30     #86
Biggus
Beaner!

Lol! our flat had a good giggle reading that

Old 1st November 2003, 12:15     #87
stryka

haha, nice icq log

Old 1st November 2003, 13:56     #88
Xanatos
Antagonist Prime

Cunning

Riven and I had a flatmate of sub-normal intellect who cleared out the flat account and buggered off to aus for a wee holiday. Then she had the nerve to come back and demand we sort out the fact that there was nothing in the flat account. Put her in line and showed her the door right quick.

Oh and I used to steal Riven's iceblocks, mmmmyum, stealicious.

Old 1st November 2003, 15:03     #89
eff tee

PC - lol at your mate's revenge. Nicely done.

I think about the worst thing I can recollect from flatting was one flattie used to spit on his chocolate biscuits then put them back in the fridge, so we wouldn't eat them. It worked too.

Old 1st November 2003, 19:12     #90
OdditY
Bad Hacker, No Biscuit

**UPDATE**

New animated GIF up, this one is of the guy coming back in later on that night to have a look at the camera.

I figure he must have spotted it the first time on the way out (notice how he looks right at it?). I had it camoflagued with a whole bunch of crap in a tray (paper, keys, coins, card etc etc), but you could still spot it if you happen to be looking right at it.

Warning: this gif is large (~1.3meg), and the colors are wack because it's in the darkness (with a light on), but it's still hilarious. He grabs the cam and traces the cable to discover the pc under the bed. He then freaks out and runs around a bit

Old 1st November 2003, 19:16     #91
sky_

Yeah.. that flat's seen some fucked up times =)

So far the award for the best attempt at fucking off the other flatmates goes to this one:

While flatting with Oddity and Daork, we met "Dan" who was right into what we liked - gaming.. raving.. etc. Really great guy to hang out with and had excellent times.

Poor Dan then got dicked about by his other flatmates, forcing a quick escape to the nearest couch available - ours. Now.. Dan didn't work. He just bludged off his parents and the government, so we knew it might take a few weeks to scrounge up the cash for a new place. But being a good mate, that was fine.

We saw a bit of money from him being there.. probably about $100. Which didn't really count for anything due to the amount of ciggies, food, etc. I bought him.

A few weeks later on, Daork decided to move out. We asked Dan if he'd like to take his spot and he agreed whole-heartedly. Unfortunately though, WINZ were dicking him around again (yeah.. right) and he couldn't pay any of the bond upfront. Although it seemed a bit odd, due to the time he'd spent at our place paying next to nothing and supposedly saving.. we didn't really give it another thought. It was agreed that I would pay his bond, Dan would pay rent and slowly pay me back.

We got the first rent payment and everything looked sweet. During that time Dan also got a girlfriend. And we found out he was eating all of our food, coke, etc. Things looked interesting with the girlfriend being there most of the time.

Rent payments stopped, excuses came flying. However, it appeared that he was actually looking for a job, so again - I let it slide. He's a good mate afterall.

Then it started going horribly wrong. The fucker ended up fucking in mine (primarily, probably more comfortable) and Oddity's beds! He was using a shitty camp stretcher as he couldn't afford a real bed.

Naturally, I was quite livid and lost the plot. Luckily his girlfriend was there or he would have been bleeding.

We didn't really talk for the next two weeks. But then we found out he was still fucking in our beds. Not only that, but bills arrived, rent was due and I was fed up.

He proceed to blow up Daork's speakers that Daork left behind by hooking them up to his amp with obviously a different resistance rating. Two weeks later, he did the same to mine.

This man betrayed a close friendship. Which took me a long time to realise as I just couldn't believe it. Still being relatively young (18) and chosing friends very carefully - I just simply couldn't believe a close friend could do this to someone by betraying their trust and then spiting them.

The morning finally came where I woke the son of a bitch up and dragged his lazy arse up. I laid into him about money and the general arse-fucking he'd given me and Oddity. He said he could pay me about $200 that day then another bit tomorrow. He owed a total of about $700. Not including the speakers which he'd blown up and the money he didn't pay while sleeping on the couch.

I asked him to leave that day. I came home to find the room empty, except for a Charlies Angels poster.

There were many other smaller, quite fucking horrible things he did during his time at our flat. I'd be going on for a long time if I were to put them all down. In regards to the money, I put it down to being a life lesson and the fact that I could now accurately have a meaning for a truely dispicable person. No offer of any money or apology has come since that day.

Scariest thing, however, is that this guy "Dan" is actually on these forums. Though he did take a break away from being online for quite a few months.

Last edited by sky_ : 1st November 2003 at 19:19.

Old 1st November 2003, 19:22     #92
jeff_sichoe

Re: **UPDATE**

Quote:
Originally posted by OdditY
animated GIF
What the shit, he just wanders about your house with his boxers on, grabbing his dick rummaging through your stuff?

kick that cunt out!

Old 1st November 2003, 19:28     #93
OdditY
Bad Hacker, No Biscuit

Heh, you should see all the dick grabbing frames i cut OUT of that gif...

Old 1st November 2003, 19:46     #94
MadMax
Stuff

wanker

Old 1st November 2003, 23:05     #95
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by OdditY
Heh, you should see all the dick grabbing frames i cut OUT of that gif...
For the sake of hilarity, REINSTATE THE FRAMES!

Old 1st November 2003, 23:51     #96
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
For the sake of hilarity, REINSTATE THE FRAMES!
Translation: Free p0rn?

Old 2nd November 2003, 00:06     #97
CCS
Stunt Pants

No, it just sounds funny. Reminds me of this dude that lived in a house we were using as a location for a student short film. We arrived early in the morning and the guy was staggering aroud wearing a rugby shirt thinger and shorts. Most of the morning he either had one or both hands down the front of his shorts, walking around looking very asleep. No matter who he was talking to, be it his flatmates, members of the crew or even the make up girls, his hands were in his shorts. Dude walks around outside, hands down his pants. Totally oblivious.

I believe he was from Chch. So it makes perfect sense.

Old 2nd November 2003, 04:04     #98
stain0r

Twitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Rince
I keep thinking this thread is about Mr Melon's G/F

Yeha... I thought he'd caught me stealing her....

Old 2nd November 2003, 04:05     #99
stain0r

Re: Re: **UPDATE**

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff_sichoe
What the shit, he just wanders about your house with his boxers on, grabbing his dick rummaging through your stuff?

kick that cunt out!

Urrmm... yeah im gunna haveta agree with jeff on this one...

Old 2nd November 2003, 04:09     #100
Trigger
Laserman

that's pretty fucked up right here

dodgy cunt, kick him out

Old 2nd November 2003, 11:39     #101
Wake

ROfl this made front page of http://www.recoil.net.nz hah!

Old 3rd November 2003, 22:16     #102
fobski

********************UPDATE********************

While flicking through file footage i have discovered who the REAL mastermind behind these munchie stealer antics are... and some of you may be suprised... even ...shocked

What tipped me off was the fact that NO HUMAN BEING could scratch his nuts SO MUCH in that short period of time.

Then it clicked.........

I discovered the following file footage from a few years back.

ladies and gentlemen... i rest my case.

Old 3rd November 2003, 22:28     #103
Phrack

hah :)

Old 3rd November 2003, 23:05     #104
Rips

Re: Re: **UPDATE**

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff_sichoe

kick that cunt out!
not just stuff......FOOD.

I agree, you should suggest he finds new residence.

Old 3rd November 2003, 23:39     #105
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by fobski
While flicking through file footage i have discovered who the REAL mastermind behind these munchie stealer antics are... and some of you may be suprised... even ...shocked
But why would Oddity steal his own chocolate?!
At least, that's what I thought until I uncovered more evidence...

...and found that it was Freddo himself who was behind it all and Oddity is merely a pawn in his sinister plot. It just keeps looping back on itself and it makes no sense! WHY, FREDDO, WHY?!

Old 4th November 2003, 00:23     #106
Rabble

Holy crap

This gets more disturbing every time I use my eyes...

Old 4th November 2003, 01:08     #107
sky_

lol ccs

Old 4th November 2003, 09:55     #108
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally posted by iNF
If thats correct then it would be quite useless at night :/
1xIR LED would solve that. CCD's are very good at picking up IR and showing it on an image. Point a remote at a Vid Camera and press a button... easily enough to light a darkened room.

Last edited by StN : 4th November 2003 at 09:59.

Old 4th November 2003, 11:03     #109
OY636

Did Riven know about this camera while it was running?

Cause if not there maybe some other files .... hehehe

Old 4th November 2003, 11:06     #110
riven

Quote:
Originally posted by Xanatos
Riven and I had a flatmate of sub-normal intellect who cleared out the flat account and buggered off to aus for a wee holiday. Then she had the nerve to come back and demand we sort out the fact that there was nothing in the flat account. Put her in line and showed her the door right quick.

Oh and I used to steal Riven's iceblocks, mmmmyum, stealicious.
::shakes fist:: bad Xanatos!

Old 4th November 2003, 11:09     #111
riven

Quote:
Originally posted by OY636
Did Riven know about this camera while it was running?

Cause if not there maybe some other files .... hehehe
::sigh:: oh there is!

::comes home form work, hmm I’ll have a shower, wanders into Beau's room, wanders around gets changed ::remembers:: FUCKING CAMERA!!

so glad its gone

Old 4th November 2003, 11:54     #112
Endymion

I walk around the house all the time with my hand down the front of my pants. It happens more in Christchurch because Christchurch is colder and wang-heat is a powerful handwarming tool.

Old 4th November 2003, 12:58     #113
TnT

Or you just like to handwarm your tool?

Old 4th November 2003, 12:59     #114
Ezekiel 25:17

lol that was one of the funniest things i have read in ages. Nice work on hooking up the camera.

Old 4th November 2003, 17:36     #115
stain0r

Quote:
Originally posted by TnT
Or you just like to handwarm your tool?
I think it works both ways....

Old 4th November 2003, 20:16     #116
Mr M

Quote:
Originally posted by Endymion
I walk around the house all the time with my hand down the front of my pants. It happens more in Christchurch because Christchurch is colder and wang-heat is a powerful handwarming tool.
So naturally, people down here in Dunedin have bigger wangs.

Old 4th November 2003, 23:29     #117
lambchop

you should pitch this story to the folks at NutBar inc .. those ads always give me a chuckle ....

Old 4th November 2003, 23:59     #118
ZuldaN

CCS: lol.

Old 5th November 2003, 08:57     #119
Cinclant

Just sell the gif to the Freddo company, they can use it on television commercials.

FREDDO !! LYING BALDING FLATMATES WITH NO RESPECT FOR PRIVACY LOVE 'EM !!

Old 10th November 2003, 00:25     #120
sky_

Oddity, I think you have to pimp the images to Cadbury =)