Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > VUALT
User Name
Password

Old 5th October 1999, 07:50     #41
Hooker

Hey, if I lived up there, I would go

Old 5th October 1999, 08:11     #42
LordP

I reckon that's a pretty cool idea myself.

What do you reckon people, those of us who can make it, go and give BOYD some crowd support ?

:-)

Old 5th October 1999, 09:54     #43
drac0s

we allowed to wear facepaint and bring along some airhorns etc...

Old 5th October 1999, 09:59     #44
TnT

So long as I can bring my "BOYD 3:16", "Finally BOYD has come back to Takapuna", and "We want puppies" signs.

Old 5th October 1999, 11:39     #45
Bringoutyerdead

Oh man

Feel free one and all heheh

Old 5th October 1999, 11:49     #46
Gozu-Tech0rz

Well shit that sounds sweet man. We will go there and cause riots. And hey why make more excusses to go back to the court by doing some bad things our selfs yah...
[email protected]
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~gozu

Old 5th October 1999, 11:53     #47
OLL

BOYD: If I was in Auck I would come along and cheer for you dude, but I'm not, so I'll be thinking of you on the day

Go get'em tiger! [damn that was a tacky line :| ]

Old 5th October 1999, 12:01     #48
Heresy
yawn.

10th Dec, sweet, thats after bursary Why not make a day of it? Have a LAN to celebrate afterwards or something

Old 5th October 1999, 12:11     #49
Erazhure

that wood rule!
id come if i could get up!
good luck tho dude

FRAG THAT ASS!

Old 5th October 1999, 16:20     #50
ZuldaN

hehehehehehe
what time is the hearing?

Old 5th October 1999, 16:31     #51
Biggus
Beaner!

Count me in Remember to remind us closer to the hearing... 3-4 days in Advance..It'll be good for a laugh ... wonder if we are allowed Digital camcorders on court and put the Bringoutyerdead "V's " Harley Demo on the net

Old 5th October 1999, 22:44     #52
iNF

It ok if I streak?

Another note i've only recently gotten my restricted after 3 years with my learners n all and i gotta say one thing. AA sux for giving tests the fact i'm allowed on the road should scare u. Let me give u a run down 1 st week after getting it I almost hit a Ped crossing on the way to Tech (Duh so thats what those white stripes are for) Back from tech i turnned intoThe Warehouse in New Lynn Coming out a guy waves me on i think cool cept i was going to the inside lane and sort of forgot to check that lane. Got a nice beep and "Fucking idiot" from the next car so i wave and smile and get ready to floor it.
Also at this point i'm only just discovring the road rules. The right hand rule how kooky is that a?

Old 5th October 1999, 23:45     #53
Akane

That's the problem, it takes a while until
the court takes notice of your hearing
I'm handing my papers in today.

Old 6th October 1999, 00:29     #54
Manic

Hell I might be up from Gisborne around that time. I'd be more than happy to come along and see justice done in this case. We could all line up in llama face masks and make bleating noises as he leaves the court. :P
Ok I took things too far but I bet this situation arises quite often only to have the claimant back down due to intimidation or ignorance of his/her rights. Good on you for not backing down BOYD.

Old 6th October 1999, 07:06     #55
Noodles
Wireless Slacker

I had a simliar incident last year involving a 18 year female driver. I have driving along Upper Habour Drive, as you do, doing abou 80, as the speed limit is 70, and some silly bitch pulled out in front of me.

Wasn't too happy, swore @ her and abused her, although i wished i hadn't, she was damn seckie. Although my story had a simple happy ending, being that it was a bit hard for her to say it was my fault as there wasn't much left of her car and she pulled out on me, she put in her 3rd party claim, and thanks to the majic of state insurance my car was soon fixed.

You may be thinking, why the fuck do we care?
I was just bringing up another point in which women cause accidents, not saying that all women are bad drivers, cause i'd get shit, but the ones i've come accross have been. As for that insurance company that gives lower rates for women drivers, cause they're better drivers...oh sorry, now they changed it to because women have "less" accidents, i laff @ them, very much. Muhahhahahahha...and so on...

I hope you take them down BOYD!!
As i live on the shore i'll be sure to come along and give you some support, and if the judge rules in his favour i'll get the guy on the way out of the court. Crowbars are my friend =)

Old 6th October 1999, 17:46     #56
EB

I'll make a note to attend, I'll be the one who jumps up while you are speaking and shouts "You tell it to the man!" or "Moooooo!". If any other people are comming perhaps a big hissing and heckling at the defendents as they enter the building?

Also for no extra charge I'm willing to be your secret witness "who saw everything happen".

Old 7th October 1999, 00:30     #57
Akane

In the "Disputes Tribunal" booklet, page 6

Section 5:

"What happens at the hearing?"

Tribunal hearings are private and informal.
Members of the public and the press are not
allowed in the hearing room.

Old 7th October 1999, 07:09     #58
Trigga*happY

We're not the public!!! We're extended family there for moral support!

Old 7th October 1999, 11:57     #59
Bringoutyerdead

Nobody was looking for a *formal* gathering Akane I didn't think it would be allowed, that building on Anzac St wouldn't be able to HOLD more than a few people by the look of it hehe... It was just a fun idea

Old 7th October 1999, 15:42     #60
ZuldaN

awwwww

Old 8th October 1999, 10:02     #61
Kadabra

well if the wont let us in hire some megaphones and sit outside chanting

"bring back then death penalty"

hehehe

Old 8th October 1999, 16:20     #62
Bringoutyerdead

Oh boy.

I've got a story for you lads now

Last night I was the excited and lucky recipient of correspondance from the respectable and esteemed New Zealand Insurance. The letter was on company letterhead and there were two clearly seperate parts.

The first was a standard "we accuse you of being liable" form letter. No real harm there.

The second was a *hand-written* paragraph, reading as follows:

"Your insurance company has already admitted liability on your behalf- however please pass this letter to them."

End.

Alarm bells should be clanging in the mins of anybody who has car insurance. My company *admitting* liability without even receiving my consent?

"Say it isn't so, James!"

It's not so, boys

One phonecall to AMI (my insurance) gleamed quite clearly that no such exchange took place, written or otherwise between AMI and NZI. Therefore as I and my insurance company is concerned, the letter is bullshit. This leaves the disturbing question of exactly what this letter's purpose may have been, however.

Originally I assumed it was just NZI trying to frighten me into accepting liability and therefore *forcing* my insurance to pay for the O'Neills' damage. But oh how so much better the real explanation was

A subsequent phonecall to NZI and a conversation with an operator didn't achieve much- other than that the writer of the letter I received did so on account of a document she had received from my insurer.

WTF? Yes, what the firetruck indeed...

Another call to AMI: no document exists. Call NZI and get several copies of this mystery document.

Call # 8 million to NZI and I'm finally in touch with "Ane", the lady who wrote the letter. She says she is holding the letter from my insurer, admitting liability. I say it can't be true and she says it is. I ask who the letter is from.

A Mr. Graeme Day, claims manager for EIG-Ansvar Insurance Ltd.

I plead ignorance, I had no idea who this man was and I certainly had never even heard of this mystery 3rd company which seems to have unwelcomely involved itself in proceedings.

Then it twigged. Wait for it

I rang EIG-Ansvar:

"EIG-Ansvar, how may I help you?"
"Yes, do you employ a Mike O'Neill?"
"Yes we certainly do, would you like to speak with him?"
"No thank you that's fine."

End.

So, in summary for those of you who haven't sussed it out yet

Mike O'Neill got his workmate Graeme to pose as my insurer, and to admit liability on my behalf, *as my insurer*; thusly prompting NZI to send me the letter I received last night.

So I decided to go into NZI Queen Street, in the Fay Richwite building. Spoke to Ane, and got a written statement from her on company letterhead explaining the mixup; and a copy of the letter from Graeme to NZI.

Some snippets from the letter (Verbatim):

-----

'I have been involved in the processing of motor vehicle claims for over 25 years. I consider myself to be very experienced in deciding "who is at fault" when dealig with motor vehicle accidents.'

'Hayley O'Neill was legally on the carriageway and reversing. She correctly ensured that the road was clear behind her. James was entering the carriageway and therefore it was his responsibility to ensure the carriageway was clear.'

And the best of them all:

'I agree that Hayley O'Neill was somewhat silly to be reversing on the carriageway, but this does not make her at fault in causing the accident.'

-----

Perhaps this chap might sound rather more convincing had he not written like a 13 year old. That final statement all but admits guilt on her behalf; and WTF was that about "legally reversing along the carriageway"? Er, that ain't legal

As for "ensured the road was clear behind her", does that mean she deliberately ran into my car? Either that, or that comment is bullshit. You decide, I already have

Claims forms have all been filled out now. I'm told by NZI (party responsible for deciding who is liable) that I can expect a result by Monday.

If it is not favourable then I will continue with court proceedings.

I'm also considering getting family solicitors Russell, McVeigh, McKenzie, Bartleet and Co. to send a letter on my behalf to EIG-Ansvar and Mr. Day; to express their feelings that his interference in a claim involving neither him or his company is totally inappropriate.

I'm licking my lips in anticipation

Sorry about the mega-long rant, but I had a lot to explain. Flame away!

Old 8th October 1999, 16:39     #63
reac
Min Sicker Reac

Oh man, is that a goody!

This must rate as fraudulent use of a document to otain pecuniary advantage, or some similar offence (forget the exact wording, an attempt to defraud anyway). At the very least his employer needs to know about what he gets up to. What a bastard.

Hang his arse out to dry BOYD.

Old 8th October 1999, 17:00     #64
Bringoutyerdead

Oh, it's insurance fraud alright. I'm going to be getting our solicitors onto it first thing Monday.

Wonder what Messrs. O'Neill and Day will think when they have the country's top law firm bearing down on them?

Old 8th October 1999, 17:49     #65
Juju
get to da choppa

Well ironically I've just spent a few days last week putting signs up around the court house... so i got to see stuff joe puplic doesnt.
If ever needs be, in court room 1 (one on ground floor) there are 2 handy sized fire extinguishers just by the judges door to the podium

Go hard BOYD

Old 8th October 1999, 18:17     #66
ePi

LOL Boyd , playing Mr Detective must be fun

Old 8th October 1999, 20:03     #67
caffiend

And I thought this shit only happened in the 'States. Wicked.

My only hope is that you ream them harder than a particularly hard-reaming reamer, whose intention it is to be particularly hard-reaming today.

Go BOYD Go.

Old 8th October 1999, 23:28     #68
Undertaker

I must say, that is FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS.

BOYD, you must nail this son of a bitch for all he's worth, no two ways about it.

Old 8th October 1999, 23:35     #69
Bringoutyerdead

I'm not one to leech off my parents (too proud), but I'll make an exception this time. My olds called from India tonight, and I let them know all about what's going on here (as above).

Fuck guys the old man is going nuts. He already gave this Mike O'Neill a king bollocking one time a fortnight ago- but after what I told him tonight he's talking lawsuits.

I can't afford Russell McVeigh lawyers so I kinda need him on this.

Anyhow, my point is that if this goes ahead (and it will, my father takes this personally), it will maybe go to the High Court, or at the very least a District Court (not too sure about the way that works).

So you *can* come along to abuse the O'Neills after all Yeah baby, it's been a good afternoon. Nothing quite like finding out you can slam a guy who's done his utmost to ream you.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to send him the $916.88 repair bill the day after he and his friend Graeme are fired.

Old 8th October 1999, 23:45     #70
Hooker

BOYD, WHAT A CLASSIC!

Can't you some how put them back in their place because they, what I'd call illegal, impersonated as your insurance company? You could sue them for 'time' all that hard work and stress that this 'unknown' happening did !

Old 9th October 1999, 00:14     #71
Boofhead

w00p!
looks like fun!

Old 9th October 1999, 01:03     #72
LONEWOLF

Hey make sure you keep us up to date BOYD... This is more entertaining than anything on TV

Old 9th October 1999, 07:33     #73
Tenkay

I say give this guy a little slack. Wouldn't you'll do the same if it was your daughter? Rational goes out the window fast when family members are up shit creek with out the ol' paddle. Press this guy's back to the wall he could very well come and get you.

Old 9th October 1999, 07:51     #74
=ENDER=
Googlewhacker

No way slack
defending ya daughter is all well and fine but he has taken it beyond the law.
nail them
with blunt nails
then pour vinegar over the wounds
BOYD think of it as a holy war (joke)

Old 9th October 1999, 08:07     #75
OdditY
Bad Hacker, No Biscuit

Heh, looks to me like the guy already tried to come get BOYD with his pathetic faked 'admitted liability' attempt, so much for 'ripping you to shreds' eh BOYD?
Man is it funny when the lusers try to take on the Klued
Shaft the luser for all he's worth man, nothing like seeing a dumbass get smacked down

Old 9th October 1999, 09:59     #76
Whip@work

mwahahahahhahahahhahahaha, take him down faster than a hooker on Huge Grunt, boyd! If all goes well, and you do get this sucka to the point where it goes to court, well... You're gonna have a lot of support

Old 9th October 1999, 11:20     #77
Spink

You should get one of those dictaphones and record any suspect conversations, it works on judge judy so if he ever calls up to abuse you just hit record and listen to his abuse trying to make yourself sound frightened but not irrational this helps them throw the book at him quite a bit harder.
I'm pretty sure you will be able to borrow one from one of your lawyers they always have one and if you get Mike better then they get more so they like it
(see page 384 - money hungry lawyers concept)

P.S. Please excuse my complete lack of punctuation

Old 9th October 1999, 18:35     #78
EB

Anyway unless I'm working that day I propse a gathering outside the building to show them who's got the power around here.

That's some good detective work there mate, remember don't let him know that you know and spring it on him on court the look will be priceless as his face goes stone cold white from surpise... like to see how he can justify that without going "err um" alot

Old 9th October 1999, 21:10     #79
Dalcon

EB, lets hope he doesn't know any quakers then...

Old 9th October 1999, 21:27     #80
Argo

Hey BOYD, I haven't read this page for a while, but yeah ... if that guy decides to come after you, even after he's got all that shit coming out of his ass, I'm sure "we" could help you out :P Firstly get your money back, then get those 2 motherfuckers fired and left eating shit from the streets mate