NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 26th October 2010, 10:27     #3601
herp

Liked it, not a zombie/horror fan but will continue to watch this. First half dragged on and was a bit depressing for a series opener, but picked up nicely after that.
Old 26th October 2010, 11:21     #3602
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^BITES^
While I can see the similarities ... the two are widely different
Ya it's a drop in the water really, considering it's a series, a small thing like that doesn't bother me, was just interesting

Next one after halloween I think, will be watching out for it for sure
Old 26th October 2010, 23:54     #3603
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Another vote for The Walking Dead, definitely will be watching again
Old 27th October 2010, 20:42     #3604
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
Another vote for The Walking Dead, definitely will be watching again
hear hear

Season 3 on in treatment as well, awesome show if you are into dialog (each episode is a therapy session)
Old 27th October 2010, 21:54     #3605
Lightspeed

In Treatment is too intense for me. Awesome show, but intense.
Old 27th October 2010, 22:00     #3606
ZoSo

The Walking Dead seems good so far
Old 27th October 2010, 23:22     #3607
drac0s

Anyone watched community? saw a few clips and looks like could be quite funny.
Old 28th October 2010, 01:51     #3608
ZoSo

lol @ GSP's 2 wins on Tuf and nice surprise to see Joel Tobeck on Sons of Anarchy. Score.
Old 29th October 2010, 00:46     #3609
Kryten

For my homie Warrick - Friday Night Lights, S05E01.

I'm not looking forward to FNL wrapping up, I'm going to uh, have something in my eyes, I'm sure......
Old 29th October 2010, 02:06     #3610
dylan
Huh?

Little bit slow on the uptake, I think because the era / premise didn't do much for me, but another vote for Boardwalk Empire here.

Shouldn't really need to be reminded but good production / acting / cast trumps all else
Old 30th October 2010, 09:41     #3611
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
For my homie Warrick - Friday Night Lights, S05E01.

I'm not looking forward to FNL wrapping up, I'm going to uh, have something in my eyes, I'm sure......
man.. this show really gets me, eh! i choked up one or two times in that episode. only tv show that has this affect on me. i regularly find myself battling tears!
Old 30th October 2010, 15:14     #3612
Pitmonster

Yeah, FNL owns!!!

For a bit of a mindless watch, try SWamp People.......
Old 30th October 2010, 17:35     #3613
drac0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac0s
Anyone watched community? saw a few clips and looks like could be quite funny.
quoting myself, but downloaded season1 and enjoying it. worth a look if haven't watched before.
Old 30th October 2010, 20:42     #3614
cryocore

For those who like The Walking Dead did you watch that garbagy low res release from earlier in the week?If so, why the hell would you waste your time with it? If not, then what other versions are out there?

Personally I'm waiting for the 720p release. I NEED to see KNB's fx work unhindered by pixellation and compression artifacts.
Old 1st November 2010, 18:38     #3615
MaZeR

Thumbs up

The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU
Old 1st November 2010, 19:38     #3616
dylan
Huh?

aw man, had me excited, but that's the one from a week ago. new one must be imminent...
Old 1st November 2010, 22:27     #3617
cryocore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
aw man, had me excited, but that's the one from a week ago. new one must be imminent...
Actually today was the premier. Ep 2 in 7 days.

Just finished watching it, and fuck me its awesome. Finally a zombie story with real drama(just like the comics). Best new show on TV (beats Boardwalk Empire by a nose).

Also checked out the preair from last week. My god people how can you watch such low grade shit?!?!?!?!? that rip was a disgrace. Do youselves a favour and at least grab the properly encoded SD version if not the 720p (which looks pretty damn good).
Old 1st November 2010, 22:33     #3618
ZoSo

Well, we watched it to get a feel for what it's like before we hit the 720p's, much like you admit yourself
Old 2nd November 2010, 00:13     #3619
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quite liked Walking Dead ep 1 - it's a fairly faithful adaptation of the comic so far. Hope it doesn't turn into too much of a talkfest down the line, though. The comic gets progressively wordier and more involved in relationships.
Old 2nd November 2010, 00:24     #3620
cryocore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
Quite liked Walking Dead ep 1 - it's a fairly faithful adaptation of the comic so far. Hope it doesn't turn into too much of a talkfest down the line, though. The comic gets progressively wordier and more involved in relationships.
Which is why it is so fucking awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Well, we watched it to get a feel for what it's like before we hit the 720p's, much like you admit yourself
I waited for the 720 then grabbed the preair just to see what it looked like. No way was I going to have my 1st view of TWD anything less than the best quality I could find

Last edited by cryocore : 2nd November 2010 at 00:26.
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:25     #3621
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryocore
Which is why it is so fucking awesome
Your opinion. I find excessive character development at the expense of plot advancement pretty tiresome.
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:29     #3622
CCS
Stunt Pants

Just got round to watching the Mexico episode of An Idiot Abroad. Fucking lols. Mexican jumping beans?! Jesus christ, Karl. I've seen them. In a fucking cartoon.
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:41     #3623
Caesar

Watched Walking Dead tonight, Hmmm, quite cool.
Will continue to watch it. Makes me wanner play L4D though. Mind you, any zombie movie has that effect now.
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:47     #3624
Cyberbob

Is there a highlights package for the Rally to restore sanity and/or fear?
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:50     #3625
Lightspeed

It'd be nice to watch some zombie flick that didn't require the protagonists being terminally stupid.

E.g. If there are no broadcasts coming from the city you're entering and all the abandoned cars are pointing away from the city... then it's a fair bet that there ain't no life or "safety" to be found there.
Old 3rd November 2010, 00:15     #3626
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

I'm liking the slowness of the zombies on The Walking Dead - it's all about numbers baby.

The effects are pretty good too
Old 3rd November 2010, 06:02     #3627
herp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryocore
Also checked out the preair from last week. My god people how can you watch such low grade shit?!?!?!?!? that rip was a disgrace
I watched the "lowres" blown up on my TV screen and was perfectly content. Does this make you angry?
Old 4th November 2010, 22:30     #3628
Kryten

More about Friday Night Lights...

I have no idea how Kyle Chandler does it, but goddamn he is good. Like really, really fucking good. I swear that the final wrap of this show must have seemed like a divorce for him and Connie.

Also, watch this show.
Old 5th November 2010, 09:06     #3629
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Heh...I don't know why I never noticed it before, but the chick who plays Hank's daughter on Californication does the main voice Jojo's circus .. Yeah I know it's common for stars to do the voices on kids shows, but I have seen this show a lot and am surprised I didn't pick it up sooner.
Old 5th November 2010, 14:13     #3630
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
I have no idea how Kyle Chandler does it, but goddamn he is good. Like really, really fucking good. I swear that the final wrap of this show must have seemed like a divorce for him and Connie.

Also, watch this show.
I stopped watching at the end of the first season, I liked where that ended and I knew that watching it any further might have led to me getting stuff in my eye
Old 5th November 2010, 16:18     #3631
fidgit
Always itchy

Anyone else read the Walking Dead in preparation for the show?

I figured it'd be neat to read before watching, and it's a great comic, I'm just shy of about ish #50. Only problem is they're so keen to fuck with the characters and leave them in significantly worse situations than they started just about every issue, I hopefully haven't spoiled all the surprises for myself.

So so so so so hoping the show stays on air and on-comic enough that they do the Woodbury storyline. It's fucking brutal, even after 30 or so issues of fuckin' zombies eating everyone.

Looking over the cast list on imdb, there's a few names I don't recognise, like Merle and T-Dog, but there's also no Tyreese (or Chris and Julie), so that might be who T-Dog is. Hanging out for some hammer-on-zombie action.

Also no Allen, Donna and the twins, which were a pretty big part of Andrea and Dale's storyline. I hope they don't get cut out completely, as that'd remove a big part of the 'parents trying to hold it together for the sake of their kids. I guess there's still Carol to play that role...

Also missing, I assume due to being several seasons in (though hopefully not too many!), Hershel/his kids/Otis+Caroline either, and Michonne.

Last edited by fidgit : 5th November 2010 at 16:21.
Old 5th November 2010, 21:16     #3632
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Geez I love the vampire diaries..even if it is mostly to ogle Ian Somerhalder..

<3 the dark hair and blue eyes combo
Old 5th November 2010, 21:33     #3633
StN
I have detailed files

<3 special guest star Tyson.
Old 5th November 2010, 23:30     #3634
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
Geez I love the vampire diaries..
ditto, it's my secret shame
Old 6th November 2010, 09:49     #3635
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

havent come across a person who didnt like TVD. you're gay if you dont like it.
Old 6th November 2010, 22:34     #3636
dylan
Huh?

Just finished a UK show and saw "Next Thursday: new Misfits season" <-- not sure exactly what the air date will be but it's damn soon
Old 7th November 2010, 00:38     #3637
fidgit
Always itchy

^^

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

so excited I'm gonna pee myself.
Old 7th November 2010, 00:47     #3638
Azmodan

new misfits starts 11th
Old 7th November 2010, 12:57     #3639
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
are j00 speaking about An Idiot Abroad? i just finished watching it then. i nearly lost consciousness due to lack of oxygen because of all the laughter. that is seriously some of the funniest shit i've ever seen. kp is a legend.
Carl Pilkington is a true genius. It's the only possible explanation.
Old 7th November 2010, 13:01     #3640
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Thumbs up

agreeing. can't get enough