NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 27th October 2010, 12:41     #26201
p01s0n

dude i've confirmed I can move my shit into that lockup space in about a fortnight from now, so should be able to remove that engine and gearbox within the next two months.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:22     #26202
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

awesome yep definitely keen to get my hands on it now. ill check out shipping to aux..
Old 27th October 2010, 13:38     #26203
p01s0n

Cheapest will be mainfreight depot to depot, I can strap it to a pallet for you and drop it off.
Old 27th October 2010, 15:30     #26204
StN
I have detailed files

Bloke in the café : "Hey - I got a video last week you might like - it's full of Aussie V8s!"
Me : "Err - Ok"
Bloke : "You know what a V8 is?"
Me : "I think so..."
Bloke : "Well, you know a minivan... 2 in the front, 5 in the back?"
Me : "Yeah"
Bloke : "Well, V8!" holds up fingers
Me : "Oh - like Goatseman?"
Bloke : "Yeah!"
Chick sitting at the same table : "What's Goatseman - are you guys being rude?"

I still don't know why he thought I'd like to see the video.
Old 27th October 2010, 15:47     #26205
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
Cheapest will be mainfreight depot to depot, I can strap it to a pallet for you and drop it off.
Word, keep it under a metre in any dimension and it wont go up a 'shipping class'.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:17     #26206
xor

RQ, CCS. I introduce to you: The upper deck. It's when you shit in the tank of the toilet.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:18     #26207
CCS
Stunt Pants

TOP DECK
Old 27th October 2010, 16:20     #26208
GM

Wacked

I don't understand why you wouldn't call it the "poop deck"?

Too literal?
Old 27th October 2010, 17:11     #26209
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
RQ, CCS. I introduce to you: The upper deck. It's when you shit in the tank of the toilet.
facepalm, the post.
Old 27th October 2010, 18:59     #26210
Cyberbob

Sick of having to packet sniff and use add-ons to modify your headers in order to steal cookies and hijack http sessions from random people as they use insecure social networking sites?

There's an app for that.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/25/f...ur-facebook-a/

Last edited by Cyberbob : 27th October 2010 at 19:01.
Old 27th October 2010, 20:49     #26211
fidgit
Always itchy

Seems like Universities just recycle each others VC's - McCuts was fucking up Vic when I was there in 2000 - and now he's running Auckland? Is he doing a better job? Do you guys still have clean toilets?
Old 27th October 2010, 21:30     #26212
[Malks] Pixie

Compare that with universities (and students) losing somewhere around $30m in scholarship funding each year since national came in. They canned the summer research scholarship funding recently - fuck all chance in coming out of uni with any practical experience now, I'm just lucky I've got a 15 year work history behind me...

Pixie
Old 27th October 2010, 21:39     #26213
lektronimo

Has anyone bought a copy of Windows off ebay?
Old 28th October 2010, 00:16     #26214
CCS
Stunt Pants

I've been tempted to, but the prices just seem to good to be anywhere near legit.
Old 28th October 2010, 00:36     #26215
lektronimo

Yea, my boss got a counterfeit Win7 copy... dvd looked like the real deal, with the hologram and everything. I'm after that win7 home pack with 3 serials which MS (stupidly) never released outside of US.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:41     #26216
Cyberbob

Technical mind blank.. What's the reason why I can't send emails as @microsoft.com ?

I'm waiting for an MX Record to propagate out to a site, so the site can't currently receive emails because the record is wrong, but for some reason one of the other techs here think they should still be able to send mail, even though DNS hasn't caught up yet.

When they try and send email, they're getting a "go away and try again later" bounce back.

It's because it's failing a reverse lookup isn't it? [email protected] tries to send email to [email protected], which checks to see where @abc.com points to, which fails miserably because DNS hasn't caught up yet.

Or do I have a case of the mondays.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:20     #26217
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Could be lots of reasons. Remote site's mailserver might be looking for an SPF or DKIM text record to authenticate your server as an authorised sender for abc.com. Got that shit sorted?
Old 28th October 2010, 13:20     #26218
Bigted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektronimo
Yea, my boss got a counterfeit Win7 copy... dvd looked like the real deal, with the hologram and everything. I'm after that win7 home pack with 3 serials which MS (stupidly) never released outside of US.
You can buy it in NZ:

http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=OSYMST3582
Old 28th October 2010, 13:35     #26219
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Could be lots of reasons. Remote site's mailserver might be looking for an SPF or DKIM text record to authenticate your server as an authorised sender for abc.com. Got that shit sorted?
Nothing like that in the slightest.
From my PoV (and I think from the recipients mail server also), I may as well be a spammers zombie farm in Morocco, trying to send emails as abc.com.

I'm saying wait till the dns record does its thing, but the other techie seems to think they should still be able to send, just not receive.

The sooner I figure out a way to make my millions and stop this whole "day job" thing, the better.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:47     #26220
Fx.

shoulda got them to drop the TTL on the mxrecord as soon as you found out about the migration

edit: try send it to your gmail, might get thru (to your spam) but will prove the mailserver works
Old 28th October 2010, 13:52     #26221
Cyberbob

Personally I blame iinet. It was the change in ISP's that did it.

We told them "WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T TAKE OVER UNTIL FRIDAY"

Tuesday, the client can't get internet. Looky looky, ISP changed.

Apparently they took our command as a "Aim for Friday but do it asap."

So we're left fighting DNS and IP related fires.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:25     #26222
Rocket

thats why you have primary and secondary smtp, one hosted externally one internally. thats how we roll anyway.
good luck, guess its a waiting game. bags not telling the boss!
Old 28th October 2010, 15:45     #26223
Spink

Searching google for Perminate doesn't even come up with "Did you mean: Permanent"

Thanks america.

also: pre-empting some tall poppy faggot sperglord, the reason I searched Perminate is not because I misspelled it but out of interest after seeing the last line of this jpeg
Old 28th October 2010, 15:53     #26224
crocos

That joke is actually almost funny

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 28th October 2010, 16:03     #26225
p01s0n

whats the difference between a crocos joke and a GM joke?

Gm jokes occasionally get a chuckle
Old 28th October 2010, 16:19     #26226
crocos

Nah, the GM joke was shit.

Old 28th October 2010, 16:21     #26227
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Anybody get "Ocular Migraines"?

I have patches of my vision that are kinda blank and a mild headache. At the moment I can't see much on the right hand side of where I'm focussing. An hour ago just to the left of my focus was all blurred.
Old 28th October 2010, 16:32     #26228
Lightspeed

Sad

Sounds nasty...
Old 28th October 2010, 16:41     #26229
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge

I have patches of my vision that are kinda blank and a mild headache. At the moment I can't see much on the right hand side of where I'm focussing. An hour ago just to the left of my focus was all blurred.
I have trouble focussing my sight, but that's more a general blur than the patchiness you're describing.

When I get hit with migraines it's blurry sight + sparkles in my sight (Sparkles and such) + the lightss! It hurtss uss it doesss! + Generally one bitch of a headache.

Last edited by crocos : 28th October 2010 at 16:43.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:02     #26230
p01s0n

Quote:

I get these about once every 3 months, especially if i'm really stressed about something. I find that drinking water, staying calm and keeping in dim areas helps. Try folding your arms in front of you on your desk, closing your eyes and resting your head on your arms, face down. I find it can provide very temporary relief as the effect comes back as soon as you open your eyes and lift your head, but it works as a 'break' from the migraine :/
Old 28th October 2010, 17:21     #26231
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
drinking water
This ^

I used to have symptoms that sound roughly like what smudge is getting - headaches + blurry patches of vision. Well, blurry/'strobey'/weird colours.

What I found was that I just wasn't eating and drinking enough. Skip breakfast, light lunch, sweet as. Except it wasn't, I was short-changing my body and it was flipping out.

I don't know if that's the cause of your problems, but when you get dehydrated you'll start to get a headache and fucked vision. Make sure you're fed and watered properly as a first step.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:26     #26232
p01s0n

oh yeah when i say 'keep calm' i mean more like, relax and chill out, not 'dont skitz out and have a panic attack'.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:30     #26233
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:

Used to. Like others have said, rest eyes, dark room and quiet too - lots of water, avoid dairy.

I got stuck on medication for it as a kid, but really the only escape I ever found was sleep. Obviously not much of a goer if you're at work, but I would bail - and stay the fuck away from a monitor for awhile.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:38     #26234
CCS
Stunt Pants

Avoid dairy? lol
Old 28th October 2010, 17:47     #26235
GM

Get this stuff: maxalt melt

I get cluster headaches (worse than migraines) and its the only stuff that has ever worked for them. Melts as a tab under your tongue as well so you don't have to worry about spewing it up.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:50     #26236
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Cheers all, the vision weirdness has passed now. Was a bit freaky today finding I couldn't read at all.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:51     #26237
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Avoid dairy? lol
Yeah, srsly.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:56     #26238
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah, that may be just peachy for fags of weak constitution but for the majority of people it's not applicable. Leaving out dairy is a bit of a last resort.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:59     #26239
[WanG] Wandarah

Pffft, it's a well known migraine trigger - I didn't mean EAT NO DIARY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, REPENT! REPENT!
Old 28th October 2010, 18:04     #26240
CCS
Stunt Pants

What a load.