NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 8th September 2009, 22:38     #1
JERI

AB vs Boks #3

New Zealand: 15 Mils Muliaina, 14 Joe Rokocoko, 13 Ma'a Nonu, 12 Stephen Donald, 11 Sitiveni Sivivatu, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (captain), 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Isaac Ross, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 Tony Woodcock

Replacements: 16 Aled de Malmanche, 17 John Afoa, 18 Adam Thomson, 19 Rodney So'oialo, 20 Brendon Leonard, 21 Isaia Toeava, 22 Cory Jane
Old 8th September 2009, 22:43     #2
blynk

C'mon boys, lets show that SA aren't that great out of SA. Oz started to show that last week
Old 9th September 2009, 09:21     #3
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rattue
Second five-eighths is for the losers, the way the old traffic cops were people who couldn't get into the police force.
hehe got a giggle out of me.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10596047
I don't think the back line will get on very well :/
Old 9th September 2009, 11:01     #4
Griven

With so much on the line plus the slurs given to the good name of the Tron. I predict the hostile crowd and fired up AB's team will get us the 5 points we need then its game on in Welly against the Aussies.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:35     #5
QWERTY?

the refs are obviously out to make SA go down, they are the greatest team ever, no-one can defeat them, they _created_ modern rugby, john told me....
Old 9th September 2009, 15:49     #6
buckies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
14 Joe Rokocoko
FUCK YOU HENRY. WHAT DO YOU HAVE A FIJIAN COCK FETISH?
Old 9th September 2009, 15:55     #7
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griven
With so much on the line plus the slurs given to the good name of the Tron. I predict the hostile crowd and fired up AB's team will get us the 5 points we need then its game on in Welly against the Aussies.
Agreed. That's exactly how I see this going too
Old 10th September 2009, 16:54     #8
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
the good name of the Tron.
The wat?
Old 10th September 2009, 17:20     #9
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

yeah, that confused me, too....
Old 11th September 2009, 01:41     #10
buckies

ABs 8-14?
Old 11th September 2009, 08:54     #11
BoyWonder

Quote:
I think this could also be their undoing! Fired up rugby never beats composed playmaking. Especially as SA will probably have a very negative, boring game plan of killing the ball and kicking for territory. Giving up a few penalties won't lose them the Tri Nations.

Also re Rokocoko - everytime he does well for Auckland and is all over the highlights I cringe because it means he's "earned the jersey" again... only to put in another average AB performance.

The ABs will win, and could win by a decent margin, but scoring four tries is pretty unlikely. The weather is not looking too flash either.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:24     #12
blynk

I'm going to be the optimist and say that ABs will get the 4 tries they need.
So 36 - 21

Everyone should just let out a big boo everytime a SA kicks the ball.

That would be fun. However everyone may loose their voice by the end of the game.
Also get out the cowbells.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:46     #13
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
So 36 - 21

That would be fun. However everyone may loose their voice by the end of the game.
Absolutely bring out the cow bells especially whenever a Waikato player touches the ball
Old 11th September 2009, 11:06     #14
SID|DensitY

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
So 36 - 21

I hope you're right, because if you are it'll be a cracker of a game
Old 11th September 2009, 18:21     #15
andre

Cit of the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
The wat?
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/H..._of_the_future
Old 11th September 2009, 19:09     #16
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

All Blacks will win by 8-14 too i reckon and I don't think they'll get the 4 tries.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:14     #17
xor

I've got no idea about the score. Depends on the bounce of the ball I reckon.
The boks will thump the shit out of the abs in the line out as per usual and I don't fancy our chances in the midfield with Donald and Nonu playing together.
Old 12th September 2009, 18:18     #18
orpheus
Jedi Knight

im going to say Boks 30-22. Sorry guys.
Old 12th September 2009, 19:56     #19
Helious

quality feed here guys

http://www.justin.tv/allblacksboy
Old 12th September 2009, 21:28     #20
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

wow our lineout is fail, what has happened to the all blacks over the last few years. We used to have a sweeping attack that presented threats all over the park ... now we dont even look like scoring a try, the pick and go from the ruck is the all blacks what jones bomb to vatuvai is to the warriors :\
Old 12th September 2009, 21:33     #21
orpheus
Jedi Knight

Francois Steyn is a fucking machine.
Old 12th September 2009, 21:40     #22
p-b

This has to be part of some larger plan. It has to be. A plan that involves the AB's looking and playing in a certain way up until the World Cup where we capitalise on the hard work that has been put in to make the rugby world think our team are a bunch of idiots...

It has to be.
Old 12th September 2009, 22:09     #23
Maulmonk

nonu has single handedly contributed to 1/3 of all our handling errors. 4 out of 12. We will never be a world cup winning team with him in the starting 15.
Old 12th September 2009, 22:18     #24
orpheus
Jedi Knight

yeah you got to wonder what would/could have happened had those backs held onto it mid way through 2nd half.
Old 12th September 2009, 22:30     #25
xor

Poor discipline lost the game. Even McCaw fluffed a forward pass. I bet he was shitting when Carter put that kick over to him and was thinking 'fuck don't fuck it fuck don't fuck it fuck don't fuck it'
As for the shit lineouts, who would have thunk it? Victor Matfield and Bakkies Botha are 100% mongrel and dominated Ross/Thorn like little bitches.
Old 12th September 2009, 22:44     #26
Helious

Carter's ball skills were so off today. His kicking was awesome. Discipline fail

lol@nonu. i wish he could just hold onto the fucking ball ;p
Old 13th September 2009, 03:09     #27
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wugambino
wow our lineout is fail, what has happened to the all blacks over the last few years.
You kidding? The All Blacks lineout has been a disaster since 1997.
Old 13th September 2009, 07:49     #28
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

was not talking about the lineout

Quote:
what has happened to the all blacks over the last few years. We used to have a sweeping attack that presented threats all over the park
But that first half was a different level of fail all together.

We were much better in the second half & dealt with there rush/compressed defence much better. Im not sure why this took 50 mins to figure out :|

Nonu's ball security was fail but at least he was presenting the defence with some questions. Donald was terrible, to be fair he was playing out of position but his two plays were run straight at two defenders or put up a shallow kick. Toeava made a difference when he came on but he is not the answer at center.

No one seems to have mentioned him but we have missed Khaui this season.

Last edited by wugambino : 13th September 2009 at 07:52.
Old 13th September 2009, 10:05     #29
xor

Fucken aye!
Did Donald ever make it over the advantage line?
You've got to ask yourself about the coaching.

Steve Hansen needs to get the chop chop
Old 13th September 2009, 16:40     #30
Thomas Meatball

The ABs really played with a lot of intensity in the last 2 minutes. WTF weren't they playing like that since the first whistle? Someone needs to light a fire under their arses.
Old 13th September 2009, 21:46     #31
deh

Pretty fail, unfortunately Carter couldnt single handidly win the game for us. His class really did shine last night even tho he donated SA a try. That whole 2nd half was AB's bit what a disaster when it comes to converting possession to points for us. Pretty sure this could be the end of Henry, i think he's had his chances and with the loss of Deans where do we look in the coaching department?

Im unable to follow the NPC but im curious as to why we dont have so much depth anymore. Rockokocko looked old last night, and Sivi's skill base is quite bad. Please learn to catch the high ball AB's stop trying to attack it like rugby players and learn from AFL players.. look at what that has done for Folou. We looked like a bunch of school boys up against a team of men last night.

ps. donald is the new mark carter
Old 13th September 2009, 22:31     #32
buckies

Carter had some blunders but still netted us profit overall.

Donald proved once (and hopefully for all this time) again that he's not fit for the black jersey, no matter where you stick him in the field.

Should have kicked for 3 instead of turning over that scrum out front.

Roko still needs to go, but Sivi showed us again why Fijian wingers can be a handle to defend against.

Loosies were okay. The short line outs were a stupid idea that backfired nicely. The front row was a par.
Old 14th September 2009, 09:22     #33
blynk

The main point that has come out of this game is that the RWC is once again going to be won by penalties.

SA just showed that its possible to get goals from 60m out, with no wind at sea level. Maybe in all the stadiums, they need to design it to there is a swirling wind which makes kick near on impossible.
Old 14th September 2009, 10:49     #34
QWERTY?

I wish they'd make drop goals worth only 1 point, similar to league, then they would only be used in sudden death situations.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:25     #35
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTY?
I wish they'd make drop goals worth only 1 point, similar to league, then they would only be used in sudden death situations.
Once again Yep.

Also, if they really want to make more running rugby, they should change it to be that penalty goals/drop goals should be limited to the 40 meter line to the try line.
I think I have now said this in every rugby post this year
Old 14th September 2009, 14:30     #36
Thomas Meatball

Let's start a letter writing campaign to the IRB. Who's with me?
Old 14th September 2009, 14:53     #37
blynk

Just sending them a link here
Old 16th September 2009, 09:01     #38
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Perfect, we just need to lose next years Tri Nations and we'll be set up nicely to peak for the World Cup and not be heavy favourites.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:45     #39
Helious

not long until the selected team will be released~ *waits*
Old 16th September 2009, 13:53     #40
blynk

5 Changes + 2 positional
Owen Franks
Isaac Ross
Jerome Kaino
Stephen Donald
Sitiveni Sivivatu (injury)

In:
Neemia Tialata
Tom Donnelly
Adam Thomson
Isaia Toeava
Cory Jane.

Joe Rokocoko has been moved to the left wing
Ma'a Nonu shifts to second-five.

I wonder who they would have dropped in Sitiveni wasn't injured.
Oh hangon, they would have still kept both of them.