NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 30th July 2009, 17:20     #1
BoyWonder

ABs vs Boks 2

I'm looking forward to a BIG match. Two changes to the AB starting line up and just one for SA. Hopefully that means fewer errors, more dangerous attacking opportunities and a fast paced game. Of course I'm hoping that applies more so to NZ than SA but it will be a close call!

I'm thinking NZ by a nail-bitingly small margin - 31-29.
Old 30th July 2009, 23:15     #2
JERI

With the lack of tries in these games lately I'm thinking more along the lines of

22-19
Old 31st July 2009, 09:37     #3
Griven

Nonu's still in our midfield providing the biggest roadblock to releasing our back 3. With a bit of luck I'm hoping to see a Luke/Conrad midfield at some point during the game preferably not with 5min left in the game.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:35     #4
blynk

Hmmm, its a hard one. When you think how many tries there may be and on the dozens of penalties.
I want to say the ABs, but they are unlikely to get more penalties than the boks, so they will have to rely on tries, but I think the boks will get 2 tries, so that would mean the ABs need 3. Do I think they will get 3....
NZ 28
SA 26
But then if the boks are with 2 with at least 2 minutes to play, there is a high chance of them taking it out with a drop goal at the end, which would make it
SA 29 - 28

There are my 2 predictions.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:37     #5
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Your expecting that much of a high scoring game? It's going to be another low scoring bore fest and South Africa will win. Bring back the short arm penalties for break down offenses! Last nights Air NZ Cup game had way too many penalties *yawn*
Old 31st July 2009, 10:52     #6
BoyWonder

Yeah maybe I should revise to *hoping* for that kind of score line but it probably will be more kicking than running. At the moment I am *hoping* NZ will win by a small margin but my brain is telling me SA is more likely to win - and it could end up being a bigger margin than last week. Could NZ win by a large margin? No chance.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:11     #7
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Your expecting that much of a high scoring game? It's going to be another low scoring bore fest and South Africa will win. Bring back the short arm penalties for break down offenses! Last nights Air NZ Cup game had way too many penalties *yawn*
What's a high scoring game? 60-70points?
28-19 is a high score for test rugby.
I got the AB's to win by 9
Old 1st August 2009, 13:45     #8
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
What's a high scoring game? 60-70points?
28-19 is a high score for test rugby.
I got the AB's to win by 9
That was my point xor, 28-19 is a high score for test rugby. Boks to win by 5.
Old 1st August 2009, 14:35     #9
deh

AB's by 10... hopefull.
Old 1st August 2009, 15:53     #10
blynk

Once you add the likely 4-5 penalties per team in the game, then that will make it 12-15 points each. Add 1/2 tries, another 14 points.
Old 1st August 2009, 19:30     #11
Helious

you should be able to stream if from here in 9 hours if you don't have any other means

http://www.justin.tv/tri_nations_2009
Old 1st August 2009, 20:42     #12
deh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious
you should be able to stream if from here in 9 hours if you don't have any other means

http://www.justin.tv/tri_nations_2009
thats how i watch it. ps3 + justin.tv isnt too bad on a large screen tv (if its a quality stream). pretty siked for this game.

fingers crossed that brad thorn plays like a man.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:48     #13
Helious

yeah bro, fingers crossed!
Old 1st August 2009, 21:22     #14
orpheus
Jedi Knight

23-18 NZ
Old 1st August 2009, 21:44     #15
buckies

$30 on South Africa 1-7 @ $4.50.

Yeah it's not at altitude and we will be better this week, but last week we got fucked up bad, and 1 week can't make up for that much lost ground.

A tighter more competitive game, but the boot will be the difference and SA will sneak home.
Old 1st August 2009, 21:58     #16
caffiend

SA 21 - 11 NZ
Old 2nd August 2009, 04:25     #17
deh

holy shit at rocokocko's handling errors
Old 2nd August 2009, 04:42     #18
SID|DensitY

What a BS AB yellow card.. ball was out of the ruck, perfectly legal to go get it.
Old 2nd August 2009, 04:45     #19
deh

what a disgusting try, holy shit our scrums have been quite awful.
cowan is delivering excellent ball, and we're generally looking dangerous when we aren't throwing the ball at them. nonu is having another bland game, rocokocko should try catching + kicking.
Old 2nd August 2009, 05:31     #20
deh

pretty embarrassing mistakes we're making. so dissapointed.
Old 2nd August 2009, 05:49     #21
QWERTY?

shocking game....
Old 2nd August 2009, 05:51     #22
Phrack

Nonu was the only player making breaks or pushing the advantage line in the first half. I thought it was one of his better performances.

The AB's need to learn to kick the ball, and kick it long from inside their 22 instead of running everything. And learn to catch the ball.

Random moment of the game, Nonu taking the 22 drop out.
Old 2nd August 2009, 09:06     #23
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
That was my point xor, 28-19 is a high score for test rugby. Boks to win by 5.
Another high test eh brah?
Altitude nigga
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:12     #24
_Incubus_

Fucking pathetic AB's display, the handling errors were beyond a joke, they need to look at both wings, the amount of stupid passes they were trying and the amount of ball they dropped. Donald had a shocker, he was terrible under the high ball, and didnt look comfortable all night and tbh dumb attacking options.

It seems that we have basically developed the most brainless back line moves in the tri nations. Clear it to Donald who gives it to nonu who runs straight at the defense, if the ball does actually make it to the wings it seems to be a plan to throw silly passes or just knock it on.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:59     #25
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

That was the most brainless panicked All Blacks display since against France at the last WC. Fucking embarrassing.
Old 2nd August 2009, 15:08     #26
deh

All black wingers need some afl coaching so they dont just jump at the ball and watch it bounce off them. Never seen so many handling errors even at club level.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:12     #27
ZoSo

Ross. Bout it really.
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:38     #28
SID|DensitY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
That was the most brainless panicked All Blacks display since against France at the last WC. Fucking embarrassing.
Pretty much. The back-line needs some leadership, and some players need to take a step back from international and play some NPC games for a while.

The all blacks played directly into the Boks game plan. Boks gameplan was simple. keep the ABs in their own half, put pressure, mistakes come and kick over 3 points. All blacks at times played suicide rugby, Joe forgot the rugby rules when he ran the ball out of the in-goal area. trying to counter attack from their own 22 with a dodgy running game with drop balls, bad ball security at ruck time and nothing chip kicks that do nothing but give the Boks ball 40 meters out from the line.
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:41     #29
blynk

I would like it to be clarified that the newspapers and the commentators got the "Rokocoko running from behind his line" wrong.
If you watch, Sitiveni actually did one of his random ball on the ground kicks which went backwards into our in goal. Rokocoko could not have put the ball down, because it would have been a 5 metre scrum.

Now he may not have known this had happened and ran anyway, or he did know he couldn't force it and so ran.
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:33     #30
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I thought we were pretty hard done a lot of the time but 21 handling errors is inexcusable, running it from our own half probably would have worked if we didn't cough up the ball 21 times. Also our line out is absolutely atrocious. We have a forwards coach who doesn't even have to worry about the scrum because we have a scrum coach so what exactly is Steve Hansen doing again????

STOP THROWING IT TO THE BACK HORE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:59     #31
Helious

I was so mad that I went out to my brothers to watch the Warriors game, with no intention of sticking around for 4 hours for the All Blacks. Alas, we did the marathon and it was just upsetting. I almost cried. I've personally never seen anything like it.

few lol moments. worst part i wasn't even drinking!!! i was sober, tired and fucked off!
Old 4th August 2009, 00:15     #32
deh

my condolences helious.

i dont understand all the drop balls, the pitch may have been a bit wet? we're from nz ffs.. no excuses.
Old 4th August 2009, 01:07     #33
Thomas Meatball

Guys... guys guys guys... we don't want them to peak early, right? We've got the RWC coming up in a couple years. We want the ABs to hit their stride in 2011.

Right?
Old 4th August 2009, 08:46     #34
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
Guys... guys guys guys... we don't want them to peak early, right? We've got the RWC coming up in a couple years. We want the ABs to hit their stride in 2011.

Right?
Good Call. Let's drop another 2 or 3 ranks to really ease the pressure back before the RWC, Boks 1st, Aussie 2nd, Wales 3rd then maybe us. I'll take it as a really bad sign if the TAB opens with All Blacks to win OR Any other team to win .. again...
Old 5th August 2009, 11:25     #35
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/colum...on-admits-Kiri

Quote:
All Blacks anthem coach Dame Kiri Te Kanawa has acknowledged that the team failed to learn the lessons from the first test against the Springboks.

"As everyone knows," she said after the second test defeat, "in Africa you've got to stuff it right up them in the opening bars or you're in trouble. And we simply failed in the basics again. That Maori stuff at the beginning doesn't help.

"All credit to the Boks," she continued, "but we're in a transition phase and I think some of our boys just tighten up on the big occasion. I've seen Andrew Hore bashing out Down In Alabama in the Eltham clubrooms like it was the Albert Hall. But stick him in front of 50,000 drunken Boers lobbing krautwurst and his larynx just seems to freeze.

"All we can do in the end is flush the dunny and move on," she said. "There's a lot to work on before the Wallabies test."

The All Blacks will gather in Christchurch at the weekend. "I've asked Dame Malvina to come and do some work with the tight five," said Dame Kiri.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:37     #36
xor

Meet the new Macaw
Old 7th August 2009, 11:45     #37
buckies

No Aus vs SA thread? I'm quite looking forward to this game.

SA 8-14 is my pick.
Old 9th August 2009, 00:39     #38
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckies
No Aus vs SA thread? I'm quite looking forward to this game.

SA 8-14 is my pick.
You were supposed to start it buckies, it's been over 4 years since you created a thread I thought it was your time. You failed us, disappointing dude.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:40     #39
buckies

Sorry to let you down, but I simply result to flaming and trolling these days.

On the bright side, my 8-14 came through at $4.50 which was nice.