Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 8th June 2010, 15:39     #1
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

1st All Black Squad of 2010

NEW ZEALAND: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Benson Stanley, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan; 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (captain), 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Anthony Boric, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Ben Franks. Reserves: 16 Aled de Malmanche, 17 Neemia Tialata, 18 Sam Whitelock, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Piri Weepu, 21 Aaron Cruden, 22 Zac Guildford.

I think this is probably the perfect opportunity to give Dagg a turn at Full Back at an international level, unfortunately it's got Cory Jane re-thinking whether he should even bother trying to be a full back anymore which is a real shame. His latest tweet:

soup15: I think its time 2 say bye bye 2 fullback and focus on being the best winger in the ABs.rather be a starting wing then a back up fullback
Old 8th June 2010, 19:29     #2
badassmofo

Jane is the best fullback in NZ, it's a bloody shame they see him as a winger. Dagg is hugely overrated in my opinion.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:31     #3
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Well Dagg is a fullback too, they have to try him IN position at some stage I think this is his shot and I'm sure the coaches see Jane as the incumbent All Black fullback. If Mils is not fit after this game I'm certain Jane would be the logical choice for fullback unless of course Dagg does a Dan Carter on debut and has the game of his life then they'd have to stick with him most likely.
Old 11th June 2010, 07:43     #4
QWERTY?

i loves the new aqua AB's training shirts
Old 13th June 2010, 13:57     #5
ZoSo

WTH? The best start to an All Black campaign in ages and no comment yet?

What a great start. Playing with real purpose and good control (for the most part). Smith & Dagg were brilliant initially (Dagg dropped off a bit towards the end). Carter almost back to his best. Jane had some more fine touches. (He'd go great in League)
Only downside for me was the emptying of the bench again. That starting team should have played as much of that game as they could and only be subbed off if they were hurt or exhausted. Fuck the "they need some game play". Let's keep that flow going they had at the start which only comes from playing with the same team as much as you can, week in, week out.

ps. Ranger was also pretty awesome in the Maori game.
Old 13th June 2010, 14:26     #6
fixed_truth

With Ireland down to 13-14 men it did make it that wee bit easier for the ABs.

The first half was all class. Dagg & Jane's offloading in the tackle was superb. Dagg sent out a big FU to all the haters. I thought all the n00bs played quite good - Stanley was a bit quiet.

Letting in so many soft tries was a bit worrying though.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:03     #7
Brutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Letting in so many soft tries was a bit worrying though.
QFT
Old 14th June 2010, 12:40     #8
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Dagg did what few new All Blacks do on debut - Play well. How many 1 test All Blacks do we have because it's so cut throat that we give them one chance to be brilliant and if they're not (even if through no fault of their own) they're on the scrap heap? I think Dagg has a high possibility of adding to his one Test cap :P

Now, who was that Conrad Smith hater a while back again? :P Great performances from the Wellingtonians, the Aucklanders were a bit quiet :P
Old 15th June 2010, 15:00     #9
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Wow Zac left out of the squad completely, those selectors sure have a hard on for Joe Rocks eh? Amazing.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:24     #10
ZoSo

Is the rotation policy back? /facepalm

Quote:
Flanker Victor Vito's promotion for his run-on debut is the solitary change to the All Blacks' starting 15 for the first rugby test against Wales in Dunedin on Saturday.
edit: Sweet it's not!

Last edited by ZoSo : 15th June 2010 at 15:28.
Old 29th June 2010, 21:28     #11
Deadmeat

My favourite moment of the first few games was Brad Thorn firing up the engines and sighting down at the poor little Welsh 14 (i think) who gets saved at the last moment by his captain shoulder barging Thorn off course. The replay from behind the Welsh winger's back shows how much guts he had since he didn't seem to see his captain incoming but looked ready to stand up to the tackle vs a rampaging Thorn.