Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > ISP and Telco discussion
User Name
Password

Old 6th October 2017, 12:08     #1
StN
I have detailed files

Voda fibre modems

Ok - I understand we may have lost some of our tame tech support, but I'll ask around...

When I switched to fibre at the new place (ie as soon as the hotmix covering the patchups was cool) I found that they supplied a Huawei router/AP combo which looked more than a little average. As I had told her indoors that we would need a gigabit switch and a Ubiquiti extended range AP to really get the best out of a fibre connection (plus it filled up the cabinet I installed next to the terminaton point and gave me a place to run Cat6 from), I just left the supplied node as the gateway router and copper phone extraction point.

Upon digging into the settings of the Voda/Huawei box I find that I can't port forward http inbound because it is in use by the admin portion of the router for remote support. Awesomely, I can find the admin credentials on the web, and *could* log in from the WAN port and maybe disable this to allow port forwarding as desired. Is this a common thing, or do the great unwashed just not host any webpages at home?
Old 8th October 2017, 11:07     #2
Macca@Work

Im a bit rusty on fibre stuff.It should be a 659B router?
As I understand it,it is a common thing.Its a home network connection your average kiwi guy/gal wont be hosting anything really.So they utilized a portion of the router they didnt think people would miss.(assumptions..gotta love them.)