NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 30th May 2014, 09:53     #41
Juju
get to da choppa

I wish some reporter would go and hit up the Te Tai Tokerau area and ask the "people on the street" Mana supporters what they think of this....arrangement.
Old 30th May 2014, 10:06     #42
Lightspeed

I thought "Internet Party" was just a name, something for dopey kidz to vote for.
Old 30th May 2014, 10:13     #43
pxpx

Gower puts the boot in:
http://www.3news.co.nz/Opinion-Hone-...4/Default.aspx

Edit:
LS yea I think you're pretty much right, bit of an exercise in branding. Most know it's a vehicle for extradition-avoidance, but an "internet party" seems like a valid concept, so some people will believe in it.

Last edited by pxpx : 30th May 2014 at 10:15.
Old 30th May 2014, 10:28     #44
pxpx

Cunliffe on Megamana: "‘We’re the big gorilla, and they’re just a little monkey, and so I don’t worry about them, I just worry about the big gorilla, and it’s my job after the election to sort out the whole zoo."
Old 30th May 2014, 13:25     #45
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 30th May 2014, 13:44     #46
pxpx

Bombers going to be pissed.
Old 30th May 2014, 13:47     #47
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

When you look up "unprincipled sellout" in the dictionary, the entry is actually a picture of Bomber.
Old 30th May 2014, 15:25     #48
pxpx

It gets better and better - Pam "The Sqawk" Corkery hired as press secretary.

"Politicians are, by and large, far more self-deluding, devious, bloated, insecure, egocentric wankers than I had feared."

Unless they pay well, eh Pam?
Old 30th May 2014, 15:26     #49
Lightspeed

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
When you look up "unprincipled sellout" in the dictionary, the entry is actually a picture of Bomber.
lololol
Old 30th May 2014, 16:00     #50
spigalau

Waits for Matt McCarten to jump ship an join the IMP's - can see it renamed to Alliance Mk II shortly afterwards.
Old 30th May 2014, 16:06     #51
BoyWonder

I wouldn't be surprised if they just went for Galactic Alliance myself.
Old 30th May 2014, 16:09     #52
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

How about the "Don't Extradite Our Benefactor" party?
Old 30th May 2014, 17:53     #53
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

New Internet Party leader Laila Harre "urges other left wing parties to think very carefully about the strategic implications of this year's election"

Translation: Dear Labour, we both know you can't win without partners on the left so if you want us you'll make sure Kelvin Davis throws the fight in Te Tai Tokerau KTHXBYE

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...i-tokerau-seat

Poor Kelvin. If this happens that means he's been fucked over by Labour AGAIN.
Old 30th May 2014, 21:28     #54
fixed_truth

I like Gorden Campbells idea of a moving Davis up the list & then running a half arsed campaign.
Old 30th May 2014, 22:08     #55
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

That would be the sensible way for Cunliffe/McCarten to do it - hypocritical, but sensible. Kelvin Davis won't like it, but let's see if a high list position makes him forget that he doesn't like it.
Old 1st June 2014, 08:58     #56
CCS
Stunt Pants

Laila Harre:

Quote:
How proficient are you on the internet and social media, then?

I am no expert, but my husband [Barry Gribben] has an internet business and we have computers all over the house. I will be on Facebook a lot more in my leadership role. And lots of tweets on Twitter.
lul ok.
Old 1st June 2014, 10:52     #57
CCS
Stunt Pants

Laila Harre on Q+A moaning about her 8Mb internet connection compared to 20Mb in South Korea. Cry me a river.
Old 1st June 2014, 20:11     #58
chubby

l o l

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11265394

Quote:
To those who persist in alleging that police were heavy handed in their arrest of Kim Dotcom, I'm wondering if you can share with us how you think police should have acted, given the following facts.

1. Kim Dotcom is a convicted criminal who is desperate not to be extradited.

2. Kim Dotcom is heavily into violent video games, and it is widely believed that violent movies and video games encourage violent behaviour.

3. There were known to be firearms on the property (and firearms were found).

4. Dotcom had numerous other safety and security features, including a panic room.

Given all of these facts, plus the remote location of the mansion, are you seriously trying to tell us that the police using helicopters and firearms was over the top?

And as for "there was 70 of them", it was a large property and there were a lot of people there. It isn't as if Dotcom was home alone in an 80 square metre flat. You get 70 cops attending parties in Manurewa every weekend.

There was NOTHING wrong with the way the cops carried out their raid.
nice....more comment from the scared 'floaters'.
pretty much sums up the level of that group.
very keen for a post-election count of 'left' votes.
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:01     #59
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

There's always the possibility that the old hard-leftie brigade from the Alliance have pulled the wool over Kimble's eyes here.
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:10     #60
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Go on, be honest: who's joining up just for a laugh?
Believe it or not I tried. Went to the website, filled out the form with info that was almost true, entered my credit card number for the membership fee, submit, here's your transaction number, thinking thinking thinking... timeout.

Nice work Internet geniouses.

So I sent them an "internet mail" over the "tubes" to no avail. No response. And again. No response. And again. No response. I think my last email said "For an Internet party, you sure suck at the Internet".
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:25     #61
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Any "website" which is that much code, vs html, is suspect. A "webapp" sure, but a website nah. It's just webdevs being overly smart for it's own sake imo.
Old 4th June 2014, 09:16     #62
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
Ah well, at least Sue Bradford's gone.
I can't stand Bradford, but I have to admit I admire her integrity over this issue - good for her walking out of Mana because of the merger.... bravo!
Old 4th June 2014, 20:43     #63
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Gee Internet Party leader, why do you think an old-fashioned brick-and-mortar retailer like Postie Plus is shutting up shop?
Old 4th June 2014, 21:30     #64
Lightspeed

Because of course there was no Internet savvy leadership helping NZ suppliers make the inevitable transition.

That reminds me. Saw a car in town today with the plate "DOTCON", all painted up flash and expensive like with a grotesque pig version of Dotcom and "Guts Times".

Sorry, I haven't quite made the transition myself, my natural instinct was not to take a snap.
Old 4th June 2014, 21:38     #65
pxpx

Funny, I saw the same car on Nile road yesterday afternoon.

It's been on whale oil before:
http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/05/tribute-vehicle/
Old 4th June 2014, 22:58     #66
chubby

Thumbs up laila on record.

http://m.tvnz.co.nz/news/top_stories/5991528

would love to see this unashamedly campaigned on...
by a non-single issue party.
Old 5th June 2014, 09:29     #67
Baxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
http://m.tvnz.co.nz/news/top_stories/5991528

would love to see this unashamedly campaigned on...
by a non-single issue party.
sure I would agree as long as it went along with a budget to educate young people why it is way worse for them then any other legal drug despite what the hippies claim.
Old 5th June 2014, 09:51     #68
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

You can't get 'then' and 'than' right, therefore your opinion is that of a halfwit.
Old 5th June 2014, 11:57     #69
pxpx

Here's a link to their "policy incubator"

https://internet-party.loomio.org/

The content speaks for itself.
Old 5th June 2014, 16:13     #70
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Isn't crowd sourcing about being able to access brilliant and innovative ideas rather than some kind of binding public referendum?
Brilliant innovative ideas trending right now in the Internet Party policy incubator:

Should we end the War on Drugs

Should the internet party support the hoax named climate change

Should we Legalise Cannabis

Should we oppose TPPA

Exit 5eyes
Old 5th June 2014, 16:27     #71
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
I like Gorden Campbells idea of a moving Davis up the list & then running a half arsed campaign.
Well that's not an option now is it? Cunliffe has proclaimed that using the MMP coat-tail to get MPs into parliament is against the will of the people and he has pledged to aboli--

Quote:
Labour open to Internet Mana deal

Labour leader David Cunliffe confirmed he would still be open to a post-election deal with Internet Mana despite making the abolition of "coat-tailing" under MMP a priority for a Labour-led Government.
Oh you two-faced hypocritical loser. That's it kids, game over. This will hang around Cunliffe's neck all the way to September.
Old 5th June 2014, 17:22     #72
Lightspeed

About as hypocritical as fighting for peace I suppose.

Still, I'd still take the hypocritical loser over the money-grubbing, cronyism loving, corrupt cunts currently in office.
Old 5th June 2014, 17:28     #73
pxpx

So you're happy for Internet Mana to get in then. Because "money-grubbing, cronyism loving, corrupt cunts" pretty much describes them.
Old 5th June 2014, 17:36     #74
Lightspeed

I'm pretty much indifferent to nobodies.
Old 7th June 2014, 16:14     #75
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://whatisitwellington.com/2014/0...rkers-opinion/

Good read.
Old 8th June 2014, 09:48     #76
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Rather. Cheers for sharing.
Old 8th June 2014, 10:04     #77
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

TLDR: Author doesn't like the Internet Party. Doesn't want to run his own party or sit for parliament himself because it's easier just to write a blog and complain from home because he get 70Mbps, everything's fine.
Old 10th June 2014, 19:01     #78
Omegakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Brilliant innovative ideas trending right now in the Internet Party policy incubator:

Should we end the War on Drugs

Should the internet party support the hoax named climate change

Should we Legalise Cannabis

Should we oppose TPPA

Exit 5eyes
For ever 1 great idea on that forum thing, there are about 30 terrible crack pot posts.
People that think fluoridation has no merit or proof of working and that its killing people, people that think vaccines cause autism.. le sigh/
Back to feeling unengaged.
Old 10th June 2014, 19:22     #79
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Seems like a bit of effort. No one is expecting Mana-Internets to get any more seats than Mana did, are they?
Old 11th June 2014, 15:24     #80
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxton
sure I would agree as long as it went along with a budget to educate young people why it is way worse for them then any other legal drug despite what the hippies claim.
It's kinda disturbing that this was written by a doctor

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11271358

tl:dr - Marijuana isn't harmless and decriminalisation sends the message that it is harmless.